• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who Series 2011 |OT| Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the series 5 soundtrack get an international release this Tuesday? I haven't found any information one way or the other.

Can't wait to get that Blu-ray in this week.

Sai-kun

Banned
Yeeess another thread. Never posted in the other one, but now that the BF and I are totally caught up, I will be keeping up with this thread!

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Screen caps please if possible brah.

Not much happened, just nice legs and crazy hair...

a9Aot.jpg

kCY8B.jpg

6YuZ7.jpg

3Ku53.jpg

Then, too much Daybreak will make you depressed :/

Qsl8B.jpg

Oh.... dolls!

wwgvl.jpg

Other girl is a reject from x-factor in case anyone is wondering.

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Screen caps please if possible brah.

Not much happened, just nice legs and crazy hair...

a9Aot.jpg

kCY8B.jpg

6YuZ7.jpg

3Ku53.jpg

Then, too much Daybreak will make you depressed :/

Qsl8B.jpg

Oh.... dolls!

wwgvl.jpg

Other girl is a reject from x-factor in case anyone is wondering.

Mr. Sam

WhoGAF, a dilemma presents itself. Concerning the Series 5 Blu-ray, do I watch the Cold Blood two-parter - and potentially enrage myself - or skip over it entirely? I mean, it's followed by Vincent and The Doctor, which is a pretty awesome episode.

Oh, and a note to anyone viewing the OP on a mobile device - half or so of the news section disappears for a reason I can't figure out. The headings stay a uniform size though, so that's a plus.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mr. Sam said:
WhoGAF, a dilemma presents itself. Concerning the Series 5 Blu-ray, do I watch the Cold Blood two-parter - and potentially enrage myself - or skip over it entirely? I mean, it's followed by Vincent and The Doctor, which is a pretty awesome episode.

True fans watch everything. Even Dimensions in Time.

Sheppard

Woot. Happy to have this thread up! Bring on the fnarg!

Also, does anyone have the Moffat, Doctor and Sherlock pic in a somewhat bigger size?

survivor

Banned
So I have been catching up in Doctor Who for the last 2 weeks and I'm halfway through Series 2 with David Tennant and this show is fucking awesome. I also watched some youtube videos about Matt Smith and it looks like the next Doctor is even better. Can't wait to fully catch up.

BTW what is this Otter thing mentioned on the first page? I tried to google it but I failed. Is it something spoilery?

Mr. Sam

survivor said:
BTW what is this Otter thing mentioned on the first page? I tried to google it but I failed. Is it something spoilery?

I can't find the quote, but Steven Moffat nicknamed the last series "Series Fnarg." He went on to say Series 6 would be "Series Otter." They're just random words, essentially.

survivor

Banned
Mr. Sam said:
I can't find the quote, but Steven Moffat nicknamed the last series "Series Fnarg." He went on to say Series 6 would be "Series Otter." They're just random words, essentially.
Ah I see, thanks.

I thought it was a name for a story arc and I was going crazy cause I couldn't find anything about it :lol

What's the most comprehensive story focussed Old Who documentary?

I'd love to watch all the surviving old episodes, but in the interest of time, and money, is there any kind of series 1-26 overview that covers all major story arcs and character appearances?

Also, why isn't there just one big box set of all the Old Who Episodes that fans of New Who can pick up. I don't want to piece it all together, I want it served to me in one complete form and I'm willing to pay!

A lot of the Classic DVDs have documentaries about certain periods but nothing that is to all encompassing.

There's a documentary called 'More Than 30 years in the TARDIS' but it hasn't been made available officially since the VHS release:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/6303631924/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You might be able to find it on youtube or download sites.

A boxset of all the episodes would be massive.

A chap over at the Doctor Who Forums who is very accurate with his spoilers says the following about the Christmas special:

Interestingly I think as for the 2010 Xmas special , theres a number of reasons it will sell well, especially on Blu Ray.
It wont be available on the next 2 series box sets (there is to be 2 separate sets next year for series 6 and 7) over the course of 2011.
The running time is longer than previous Xmas specials and indicates good value for money for the consumer.
and there is to be a very long and detailed Confidential and a few other items included.
The title which is available to certain distributors is interesting too. It amazing it hasnt gotten out yet.

The 2010 Proms will most likely be on there too.

Ravidrath

Great OP, and I can't wait for this season to start.

Lots of great questions and threads started in the last season, and I can't wait to see where Moffat takes them. And hopefully the split and additional time will let them smooth out some of the unevenness in the last season.

Also looking forward to rewatching on Blu-Ray, and as someone suggested, may skip the two Silurian episodes...

diunxx said:
Isn't this a little early? should have at least waited until after the christmas special.

Series includes the Christmas special IMO. It will end up on the same boxset.

Waiting for Futureshop to confirm my series 5 in store pickup. I'm going to watch the shit out of these blu-rays!

Nickiepoo

Mr. Sam said:
You been working on anything Who-related, Nickiepoo? Or are you still tinkering with anomolies?

Alas, mostly anomalies and a little bit of Merlin (dragon spit, rawr). I love doing the more specialized work, but being tied to specific projects for their duration is the downside.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Only seven tracks in and the Specials soundtrack is already vastly superior to the previous one. A Bit of a Drag and Hidden in the Closet have an impetus I haven't heard from Gold since The Runaway Bride.

FAKE EDIT: Skipped to Vale Decem and The New Doctor. So fucking good!

gdt

I kinda dug DW before this season, but now I love it. Sooo good. Can't wait to get the BRD's and the X-mas special.

Very nice OP, will get around to reading all of it eventually. I can't wait for the new episodes, I started watching with Series 5 and I love it. Matt Smith is really great and I hope he'll stay for more than this season. I should probably watch some of the older stuff as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom