• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-2017 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| Villanova has no fans so this is their thread

Rollie Massimino also died this week. For you kids, he coached the Villanova Wildcats to the huge upset over Georgetown in 1985. (The pictures in the OP are of that team.)

tUMEopo.jpg

Proelite

Bagley cleared to play by the NCAA.

UNC considering trading Kenny Williams and Seventh Woods and 2019 recruit for Bolden. dUKe accepts under the condition that Kenny passes his physical.

Bagley cleared to play by the NCAA.

UNC considering trading Kenny Williams and Seventh Woods and 2019 recruit for Bolden. dUKe accepts under the condition that Kenny passes his physical.

Williams just went under the knife on the knee again in July. Going to need at least another top 60 recruit from the 2020 class to complete that deal.

Proelite

Almost time for the new thread!
*Quivering with orgasmic anticipation*

Arizona,
Duke,
UK,
Michigan State

my 1 seeds to start the season.

So rumors say that everybody's old friend Tom Crean is a serious option to replace Rick Pitino.

Serious question: If you're a Louisville fan and you had to pick between

A) Not having a basketball program

or

B) Having a basketball program led by Tom Crean

what are you taking?

Pat Forde says Alabama is the next domino to fall btw

At Thad "firing" press conference he made a weird pivot to say the below, wonder if he knew something was about to go down:

“I think the last thing that I hope I’m always remembered for is that we always did it the right way,” he said. “That to me is something that I want to hold or hang my hat on. That this program was run the right way.”

Proelite

Watch one of our players that were found to have taken money prior to commitment turn out to be Derrick Thornton. Would not surprise me one bit as him and his dad are dotards.

So UL is down to one coach on staff due to additional assistant coaches being placed on leave by the university. And the one coach remaining was an assistant himself from within the existing staff where I can imagine it's a matter of time before he's implicated.

You have to consider the possibility of shutting the season down at this point, do you not? I know money, etc., so it likely won't happen. But you have to consider it, right, if you're UL?

So UL is down to one coach on staff due to additional assistant coaches being placed on leave by the university. And the one coach renaming was an assistant himself from within the existing staff where I can imagine it's a matter of time before he's implicated.

You have to consider the possibility of shutting the season down at this point, do you not? I know money, etc., so it likely won't happen. But you have to consider it, right, if you're UL?

Will never happen unless the NCAA gives them the death penalty, which is a small possibility but not for this season.

So UL is down to one coach on staff due to additional assistant coaches being placed on leave by the university. And the one coach renaming was an assistant himself from within the existing staff where I can imagine it's a matter of time before he's implicated.

There's bound to be coaches aplenty that could step in, if needed. See if you could borrow an assistant from the women's game, local high school coaches, retired college coaches. They can make this work.

Will never happen unless the NCAA gives them the death penalty, which is a small possibility but not for this season.

Yeah you're likely right. But damn, I can't help but to think it being a little irresponsible to put a team out there for ACC play with one actual coach on the team. To manage all of that and keep everyone safe, prepared, etc. That sounds like an insurmountable task.

Proelite

Who cares about NCAA titles anymore. Just play and win games for the spirit of competition. NCAA amateur atheletism is a farce. Let the players make money in their own likeliness.

It's about time for a new season OT.

If there are any living Carolina fans (most of the thread's active fans died two years ago), then feel free to volunteer. Otherwise, we might have to take matters into our own hands.

Again.

Top Bottom