• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Release window confirmed by XboxSupport?

Way to not actually post the main information in your OP.

For those that don't want to click the link:

Xbox Support
‏@XboxSupport1
Follow
@TheRealDubster The next title, Grand Theft Auto 5, will be out later this year :) ^BB

Danny 117

I wouldn't get too hyped up here. XboxSupport are hardly the people who will have such information, I think all they'd have access to is a help database where they search for the user's issue and see if it's documented.

Yeah I call ^BS

Portugeezer

Post in OP for the lazy.

Anyway, not really a confirmation, could just be that the person who works for XboxSupport thinks the speculated 2012 date is true.

lefantome

I wouldn't get too hyped up here. XboxSupport are hardly the people who will have such information, I think all they'd have access to is a help database where they search for the user's issue and see if it's documented.

Yeah I call ^BS

yes, but it will be even more stupid to lose the job for a false information like that.

Miles X

Fixed. R* doesn't release games during any other month.

Didn't they say they expected this FY to be huge though? I guess they could 'delay' that huge FY promise. GTAIV released in April but that doesn't really help the point of it releasing in the fall/winter.

AHA-Lambda

Yeah there's no way this is this year. If it was Take-Two would have talked more about it during it's financial call and we would have seen more of the game by now.

lefantome

Yeah there's no way this is this year. If it was Take-Two would have talked more about it during it's financial call and we would have seen more of the game by now.

R* is going to announce the release date and WHAT IF the announcement is only some days away (before E3) and the support guy has access so future content on the markeplace (like the new GTA V trailer with the release date in the end)

Of course it's coming out this year. Right up until it's delayed 3-4 months from now.

Yeah, damn I completely forgot that this is what they do. Gather a shitload of passengers onto the hype train after they say it will be out in December and then in September or October they will tell us it's coming out in MAY.

neptunes

No way the game is coming out this year. March 2013 at the very least.

why is that? Are you implying that Rockstar Don't release their major franchises (GTA) in the fall? What about Vice City and San Andreas? (I know they're last gen, but still..)

lefantome

why is that? Are you implying that Rockstar Don't release their major franchises (GTA) in the fall? What about Vice City and San Andreas? (I know they're last gen, but still..)

GTAIV was released in april only because it was delayed.
RDR and LA noire were released in may only because they were ready after years of delay and they were new franchises which could have struggle during the fall.

Max Payne 3 was released in may because it was delayed again for the nth time after years of development.

What are the 3 big games this year? Black Ops, Halo and Assassin's Creed? And now that Infinite is gone, does Take 2 have anything for this holiday outside of XCOM?

lefantome

FRAZ1ER from gtaforums:

They [Take-two] expect to make 1.75 to 1.85 billion dollars in this fiscal year, that's until March 31st 2013. That is more than they have ever made if it meets those predictions. Now if you look at the numbers from fiscal year 2012, they had a net revenue of $825.8 million, this means that they expect to make more than twice that in this fiscal year. An increase of 1 billion dollars net revenue could only be accomplished by something on a huge scale, and judging by the numbers for units shipped for Bioshock series (9 million) and borderlands (6 million) it would have to be GTAV, it is the only game that is capable of making that much money, and all the naysayers can deny that all they want, but it is the truth.

lefantome

To be fair, this was addressed in the financial call today, where they said they have yet to be announced games that account for this =/

I can't imagine any other game than gta capable of doubling the entire take two revenue.
And its release date it's unannounced.

Top Bottom