• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Noobcraft

You can also get them from the loot boxes, some you get from playing previous games (they appear after you start FM7 for the first time), also one suit per one completed cup in the career mode.

Cars are by far the best choice after level ups. Even if you can't afford one after the discount you can store the deal for later.
The FH3 suit is pretty awesome.

Fox Mulder

I was going to stick with one of the "serious" suits, but then I got a chance to get the Knight of the Round Circuit suit during a level up and been using it ever since. :D

I'd only care if they had something totally stupid, like a horse head mask suit.

I just stuck with the Forza 2 suit.

Tyl3n0L85

Neo Member
I did the Windows Update this morning (Windows 10 Fall Update 1709)

Before the update everything was running fine. Since the update the game is locked at 30FPS no matter what the settings I'm using. I restarted my PC, reset my NVIDIA Control Panel and it's still Locked to 30FPS. I'm using the latest NVIDIA Driver on a 980TI.

I double checked my Windows "Game DVR" Settings and it's Disabled so is "Game Mode".

After some more testing it appears running in Fullscreen Mode lock the game at 30FPS. Running Windowed mode unlock the framerate.

https://i.imgur.com/55aohJi.jpg

I'd only care if they had something totally stupid, like a horse head mask suit.

I just stuck with the Forza 2 suit.

They do have some pretty out there ones. I have a Ninja one that is pretty awesome, and I got the Knight one recently also. I love the reto/classic/greaser ones. If it has a bandanna, then I dig it.

I did the Windows Update this morning (Windows 10 Fall Update 1709)

Before the update everything was running fine. Since the update the game is locked at 30FPS no matter what the settings I'm using. I restarted my PC, reset my NVIDIA Control Panel and it's still Locked to 30FPS. I'm using the latest NVIDIA Driver on a 980TI.

I double checked my Windows "Game DVR" Settings and it's Disabled so is "Game Mode".

After some more testing it appears running in Fullscreen Mode lock the game at 30FPS. Running Windowed mode unlock the framerate.

https://i.imgur.com/55aohJi.jpg
That's weird. i had been having a few CtD's but since the update the game's been okay. Makes no sense how it's screwed your fps. Tried resetting the game in the apps options? If you do word of warning - you have to re-download the bonus things like the Hoonigan car pack etc. When I did it yesterday the Store was painfully slow.

DirtyLarry

It has been so damn hard not to play this but so far I have only played about an hour and I am holding off until the X is released. Destiny 2 and The Evil Within 2 has helped tremendously. Without either of them it probably is not happening.
Just am curious if I can peel myself away from Mario Odyssey.
Too many games.

shandy706

Default settings are horrid.

These are the settings I use with a TX and it now feels more communicative than asseto.

aqtZpuC.jpg

Where is this menu???

Can't find it :(

NM: found it!!!

So, been playing for a few hours then stopped. Tried again and get this -
Forza Motorsport 7 is currently not available in your account. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001
What the fuck!?
Logged out and then back into the store and no good. But resetting the app worked. And I know this sounds like a broken record but, what a shower of shit!

Edit: And now it stuttered to a stop and crashed. Seriously trying my patience. If things don't improve I'm never touching this series again.

Wheel impressions seem to be mixed. I was planning on getting the Thrustmaster TMX Pro for $249 (pro comes with the upgraded pedal set). Any impressions? Playing on Xbox here.

Wheel impressions seem to be mixed. I was planning on getting the Thrustmaster TMX Pro for $249 (pro comes with the upgraded pedal set). Any impressions? Playing on Xbox here.

I'm have the TX and really like it. A bit too much plastic, but solid motor and works well. I've heard the TMX is even better.

Something I noticed, and wondering if anyone else has; the game doesn't seem to punish players for driving in automatic. In previous Forzas, there always seemed like there was a delay when the car would shift to a higher gear. In F7 the car seems to shift up when I would if I were driving manual.

I don't now if anyone has done any serious testing, and I haven't ran any comparative time trails, but just an observation I've had.

So, been playing for a few hours then stopped. Tried again and get this -
What the fuck!?
Logged out and then back into the store and no good. But resetting the app worked. And I know this sounds like a broken record but, what a shower of shit!

Edit: And now it stuttered to a stop and crashed. Seriously trying my patience. If things don't improve I'm never touching this series again.

Unplug the console for a minute.

Gestault

Well shit. I won a free VIP key from the Rewards contest, and the most recent patch notes seem to address the visual issue I had at launch. I think I'm (re) buying Forza 7.

Jeremy Kyle isn't very interesting this morning so I made a flask of tea, baby has just nodded off...it's time to grind!

Oh lordy, game crashed straight away while loading.

Lap 38/69, baby awake. Fuck!

Hurrah. Finished.

Could have bought the Zonda but was tempted by some other shit.

Almost have enough now though.

shandy706

Ugh, still can't decide between the TMX Pro and G920.

TMX Pro - $249
G920 - $300 but comes with the shifter free on sale right now.

I have the TMX Pro and the T8HA shifter. Love the wheel so far, I recommend editing the FFB, centering, vibration, etc like the guys above.

I've yet to mount my T8HA though. I'm going to have to MacGyver something for my playseat to use it....I think, lol.

shandy706

I've been sharing videos on PC and I can't find any of them. Are they only available through the game for other people or something?

Sharing videos use to upload them to where you could see them online!

frontieruk

I've been sharing videos on PC and I can't find any of them. Are they only available through the game for other people or something?

Sharing videos use to upload them to where you could see them online!

In game? That's like a halo replay its the data that gets recorded then played back. Should be in forza tv ?

So I used my keys for the XBL rewards program last night and I won a car pack and VIP membership. If anyone wants it (since I already bought it) PM me.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I have a favor to ask to anyone who has access to the forza forums and can post there....

There's a few guys over on the Forza FFb thread that is in severe pain because they can't use their DD OSW wheel to play Forza 7. They keep asking if anyone knows of any possible to way to play the game with their DD wheels. I am extremely frustrated because I want to respond and help them, but I can't sign into the forums at all for some strange reason and I'm not banned. Here's the thread:

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst105351_OSW-wheel-no-FFB.aspx

And another thread:

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...etting-there--needs-a-little-more-oven.aspx?=

Can one of you PLEASE go in those threads, and simply post a link to this thread as well as *THIS ONE* and let them know there *IS* a solution, I'd appreciate it. I'll be happy to help them answer questions regarding GIMX.

xrnzaaas

One or two games had them valued around real world prices didn't it?

£20 million Ferrari!

I know I was talking about the Forza 7 situation. I guess the super expensive cars weren't that popular (and I'm not surprised, they aren't really useful in races and having them on display in your virtual garage isn't as exciting ;)).

Effect

Are there any rules in the online races? Anything that punishes people that constantly hit other people? Time penalties? Etc?

It's not like they've had no chance to put systems in place, once the bosses see the praise GT gets for the way it handles things we may see a change. Doesn't affect me whatsoever any more but any franchise that's been around for so long should be pushing harder in every direction.

After they see the reviews maybe they'll change nothing whatsoever!

On another note, anyone wondering why a game needs 700+ cars should look at the races now compared to Wacky Races line-ups of old. Some divisions are gloriously represented, the homologation stuff works a treat imo.

Edit: self driving assists deffo do not make money for me at least, tried again setting 30 laps with mods and didn't get shit. I'm pleased, gutted and pleased. Gonna have to work for these damn cars.

Been having a lot of fun setting up multi class races tonight in freeplay. So many options.

Particularly enjoy driving GT cars while there are P1 and P2 cars zipping around too.

Add in some changeable weather, 10-20 laps and a mandatory pitstop and it's a lot of chaotic fun.

Catphish

Yesterday, I bought a G29 wheel with shifter, Forza 7 for PC, and GTS for PS4.

Forza absolutely destroys Gran Turismo, which has now been traded in towards CoD. I feel like an ass for even buying it, but at least I had the foresight to buy physical and get some trade value for it.

Still, it was a $40 test drive that I did not enjoy. Skimpy number of cars and tracks, no clutch support, flaky shifter support, and server issues all night.

Forza, on the other hand, is an absolute delight. A ton of cars and tracks, amazing sights and sounds, what looks like a really beefy single-player campaign, full support for clutch and shifter... Just awesome.

I'm not too keen on the 100GB download, but whatever. It's an amazing game.

Yesterday, I bought a G29 wheel with shifter, Forza 7 for PC, and GTS for PS4.

Forza absolutely destroys Gran Turismo, which has now been traded in towards CoD. I feel like an ass for even buying it, but at least I had the foresight to buy physical and get some trade value for it.

Still, it was a $40 test drive that I did not enjoy. Skimpy number of cars and tracks, no clutch support, flaky shifter support, and server issues all night.

Forza, on the other hand, is an absolute delight. A ton of cars and tracks, amazing sights and sounds, what looks like a really beefy single-player campaign, full support for clutch and shifter... Just awesome.

I'm not too keen on the 100GB download, but whatever. It's an amazing game.

Just got GTS today, so not ready to give up on it quite yet. Everything about it would have been awesome if it wasn't a shell of a game. Aside from the "challenges" which are almost as boring as watching paint dry, all there is are a few online races you can do over and over. If the game had anything other than the Gran Turismo name it would be getting destroyed by critics and players alike. (not that it's doing very good even with the GT name)

It did make me turn off a couple more assists when I went back to Forza though, so it has something there. Just needs a massive boost to content.

Fox Mulder

Just got GTS today, so not ready to give up on it quite yet. Everything about it would have been awesome if it wasn't a shell of a game. Aside from the "challenges" which are almost as boring as watching paint dry, all there is are a few online races you can do over and over. If the game had anything other than the Gran Turismo name it would be getting destroyed by critics and players alike. (not that it's doing very good even with the GT name)

It did make me turn off a couple more assists when I went back to Forza though, so it has something there. Just needs a massive boost to content.

Forza is a bit disappointing too though. Crazy how pcars 2, Forza 7, and Gran Turismo were all kind of eh.

I just went back to my f1 career.

Top Bottom