• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plesiades

Let's go.

overwatch-sombra-timer.jpg

She has a battery or something in her hand.

BUFNNMBDNBRK1487641955352.jpg

Maybe it's nothing. Maybe she controls an Omnic from afar.

antitrop

Question regarding Mercy's ult.

It's generally not a good idea to do full team resurrections is it? I find whenever I do that my team just gets wiped again because they were out of position when they died.

Rather it's better to rez in a fight where both sides are taking losses, and by rezing your tank+2 others you easily win it?

Tempo Rez > Team Rez

Ignore the dumbasses that will inevitably pipe up in team chat to tell you you wasted your ult.

Ralemont

not me

It's generally not a good idea to do full team resurrections is it? I find whenever I do that my team just gets wiped again because they were out of position when they died.

Rather it's better to rez in a fight where both sides are taking losses, and by rezing your tank+2 others you easily win it?

If you can score 3 with each rez that's definitely the ideal mid-fight. Depending who you're rezzing, even rezzes where you can get 2 or more is a good rez (if you can get both tanks, or if the downed have their Ults, for example).

With the lore given, I expect her to use that grant to build a robot, and she might remote-control it.
To quote:
And someday, my dream is to build something that can keep us safe, like the new OR15s!

Sounds like she wants to build a combat-capable robot who can protect Numbani. This bit is just a hint towards that, and to introduce some lore, I would say.

I doubt she will be playable herself, however, since she is 11 and that means that the ESRB rating would have to go up if she was killable.

Symphonic

I'll bet she controls a robot given the interview.

Wonder if she's soon. Anna was teased with art a day before she dropped on the PTR and if they really are learning from Sombra I could see that happening again.

Chance

She doesn't give off much a playable hero vibe to me.

I'll be surprised if they release a hero who's 11. Maybe the Omnic she plans to create, though?

It would be very cool to have a hero from Africa.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

She doesn't give off much a playable hero vibe to me.
I think both are viable options, depending on the situation. I lean more towards the small resses, though I don't know if I'm doing it right.

If you lose a vital hero in a fight like your Reinhardt while the enemy team is pushing hard, then sometimes it's good to res him right away so that the fight doesn't snowball into a wipe. If your co-healer is dead and you're under fire and about to die soon, sometimes it's good to res your co-healer to keep up the fight to prevent the wipe while you come back.

For the really big resses, sometimes it's good to run and hide if the enemy team is in the process of wiping your team in a way that you can't stop on your own (nanovisor, graviton combo, etc.). In those cases, it's better to hide while the wipe-inducing ultimates are in progress and then go back in for the big res once it's over, which effectively undoes those ults that the enemy team used. That's risky though, since people will gun for you if they see you running away to hide.

The problem is knowing when to burn the res right away for the save-someone-vital res, and when to save it for the big undo-enemy-ultimates res. I also find that Mercy builds ult meter pretty quickly, so IMO it doesn't hurt to go for the small resses unless you're coming up on a situation where you know the enemy team wants to burn multiple ultimates in a big push soon.

kirblar

"Kid + Giant Robot Pal" is a trope that was inevitably going to hit the game, she'd fit right in. It being remote-operated seems very likely though.

AngryMoth

I think it's worth it to use res pretty much anytime you are behind in a team fight. Few things annoy me more than a mercy who hold onto her ult the entire round waiting for a 4 man res when she could have built back up 2 times over

It wouldn't be an Omnic she creates, since Omnics specifically are robots created in Omniums. [/lorenerd]

That said, I can't imagine a character from Numbani without there being some involvement of Doomfist in some fashion, especially given the datamined models with the broken payload on Numbani.

Fancolors

It's probably another AI controlled bot, built and programmed by this child.

Wouldn't be surprised if it had Crew's voice and used the fist in some capacity.

Bonus points if the robot is a huge humanoid and screams I am Superman on its ult

I don't think she's going to be playable but she's linked to the new hero.

My guess is she creates a robot that goes on to become the new Doomfist either by its AI going rogue or through getting hacked.

finalflame

Gold Member
So does the new season start today or do we have to wait a few days or weeks?

1 week, presumably, to be confirmed by Blizzard. Competitive mode ruleset will remain unlocked, but no points or SR will be awarded/lost.

Man, I love the design of the character they released on twitter. I hope it's a new hero and we get to see more of her soon.

These heroes keep getting more and more crazy. This little girl sits in the spawn. Picks attack, defense, speed, melee, long range, etc. robot. Robot runs out of spawn, little girl controls it, but never dies. You can change robots whenever you die.

Tales from my ass.

Or this is the beginning of some ARG and she leads to Doomfist. The only thing I'm sure of is that the tweet means something.

Nimby

Banned
I don't think the girl will be involved with the actual game at all. Maybe backstory only, or maybe she appears in the new short.

I think the hero being her entire creation is a bit too obvious too.

Akuun

I don't think I can handle anymore 'skillful' one shot abilities. Looking at you hanzo and hog...
I was thinking I really, really don't want another "I'll just fuck everything you can do" hero like Sombra or Mei.

Of course, with that said, this means Blizzard will probably make a hero that shoots a beam that reverses the controls of the target, and an ult that turns on friendly fire.

Cross post from the other thread but I am almost sure Adawe's Foudnation is from Oasis.

It's not. Adawe is the name of the UN secretary who was a key part in the formation of the original Overwatch strike team.

Numbani also has an Adawe Avenue and the train station or airport the attackers spawn in first is called Adawe International Terminal.

adamy

Banned
thinking of switching from Lucio to Symmetra on defense point 1.

I'm a Lucio main who pretty much instalocks Lucio 24/7 but I think Symmetra just adds more value when it comes to being on defense first point.

I would switch to Lucio once they got past the first point/ they start making a serious push forward.

thoughts?

hypernima

Banned
Wavering between the idea of doing a strictly solo Season 4 or trying to gather a small group.

I placed super late in S3, solo, landed close to Diamond, and then solo Q'd the next 2 games to hit it. I didn't do much after that.

What are other PS4 bros and bro-ettes doing for S4?

Trying for Diamond and improving my Ana Skills (preferably in comp)

antitrop

I'm a Lucio main who pretty much instalocks Lucio 24/7 but I think Symmetra just adds more value when it comes to being on defense first point.

I would switch to Lucio once they got past the first point/ they start making a serious push forward.

thoughts?

Most Syms switch to Zen after the first point, but if you're a Lucio main, that's fine too.

Defending the second point on 2CP maps is one of the situations where Lucio is least necessary, though. Nobody will ever complain about having a Lucio there, but I typically see more value out of Zen there.

I think I am gonna main Ana for the next Season, it might carry better than Lucio.

Honestly I have a higher than 50% WR in Comp with Tank / DPS and a lower than 50% WR in Comp with Support / Defense.

Gonna stick to my boy Rein I guess. Might pick up Bastion to go with S76.

Looking at my stats, in the last week when I stopped trying to flex pick and first picked Rein I had something like 10 wins and 2 losses. Had I just done that this season I would've been Diamond lol.

I do have a 50% comp WR though, down to the games. Crazy. Guess I really am Plat...*

*Bullshit, I've stomped on Diamond players and they just got lucky in Matchmaking. I know that now.

Nimby

Banned

thoughts?

Symmetra defenses come with a huge cost though. If you get picked early and your team doesn't manage to stabilize, the offense comes in with a huge advantage because they will have ults and you will have 0% on sound barrier. So you will likely give up ground in second if you use her on a hybrid/payload.

If you're confident you can play her without getting picked, then I'd say go for it.

antitrop

Honestly I have a higher than 50% WR in Comp with Tank / DPS and a lower than 50% WR in Comp with Support / Defense.
That feel when Oversumo says your Lucio stats are "Grandmaster", but you can't even keep a 50% win rate with him in Diamond.

Zen is the only support that I can consistently climb with in Competitive. I had a 60% win rate with him last season, but this season I just went with Lucio/Ana to disastrous results.

S4 I think I'm just gonna go back to my boy Zen and try to hit Master.

Jellie

Gonna stick to my boy Rein I guess. Might pick up Bastion to go with S76.

Looking at my stats, in the last week when I stopped trying to flex pick and first picked Rein I had something like 10 wins and 2 losses. Had I just done that this season I would've been Diamond lol.

I do have a 50% comp WR though, down to the games. Crazy. Guess I really am Plat...*

*Bullshit, I've stomped on Diamond players and they just got lucky in Matchmaking. I know that now.
Rein is a great way to climb up. He's rarely picked/nobody wants to play him so if somebody does play him they are normally decent at best. The difference between a good and a decent rein is huge and very noticable. If you can consistantly beat their Rein you have a good chance of winning the team fights and the game. Plus at around plat, it's probably not uncommon to not have a rein so free earth shatters too. I practice Rein for a few days and got an 80% win rate with him in comp before it dropped down to 70%. Small sample size of games though. Still the point is he's great for climbing with.

Akuun

I don't trust Oversumo anymore. It always tells me I'm doing fantastic when my win/loss rate is like 47% and I still usually feel like I could have done better after a game.

Actually I'm not sure what to measure against anymore. I regularly get lots of medals too, as long as the game isn't a complete crapshoot where I'm dead most of the time. Still doesn't seem to affect win rates and SR.

In S4 I'm gonna try to stick to Soldier and try to do better than last season. I'll probably be going with Soldier for DPS, Rein if I need to tank, and Mercy if I need to support. I'm most comfortable with those three, though I feel like I contribute to my team the most on Soldier.

Rein is a great way to climb up. He's rarely picked/nobody wants to play him so if somebody does play him they are normally decent at best. The difference between a good and a decent rein is huge and very noticable. If you can consistantly beat their Rein you have a good chance of winning the team fights and the game. Plus at around plat, it's probably not uncommon to not have a rein so free earth shatters too. I practice Rein for a few days and got an 80% win rate with him in comp before it dropped down to 70%. Small sample size of games though. Still the point is he's great for climbing with.

Oh for sure, and I love playing Rein. Funny that so few people really understand how to play him well. I love baiting out Hog hooks and then acting like a Matador luring the other Rein into their death.

Especially when data has shown that first KotH cap or first blood matter a lot more in Overwatch than some games, it's nice to be the guy keeping people alive and scaring the other team from pushing.

I don't trust Oversumo anymore. It always tells me I'm doing fantastic when my win/loss rate is like 47% and I still usually feel like I could have done better after a game.

Actually I'm not sure what to measure against anymore. I regularly get lots of medals too, as long as the game isn't a complete crapshoot where I'm dead most of the time. Still doesn't seem to affect win rates and SR.

I use Overbuff for my stats.

finalflame

Gold Member
You guys are salty. And no I do not main roadhog lol; unless youre referring to headshots and then I suppose thats true although you would then have to include Widow in that conversation (possibly Mei, Soldier depending on what character they shoot).

Nah, Roadhog's hook proximity allows him to 1-shot way too many heroes too easily, his hook has a pretty low skill ceiling. Hence whey its been adjusted in PTR, changes which will soon make it to Live. I have no problem with his scrap gun short/medium range shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom