• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia's ShadowPlay - Now Available

Dr Dogg

I noticed some juddering when watching the files with VLCplayer after recording them. It seems smoother in Windows Media player though. When running fraps on the video recording it constantly fluctuates between 62 and 63fps, could that have something to do with it?

Win8.1
2 Titans SLI
16gb ram
ect..

VLCplayer has been really bad with the mp4 container for me for ages now. Switched to MPC HC and haven't looked back.

plainr_

Kepler line with the onboard H.264

As mentioned, I love how it sorts itself inside the capture folder instead of just dumping recordings;

rlEBNVq.png

This is great. You should see my Fraps folder. A damn mess.

Arulan

This looks really interesting. Is it completely integrated into GeForce Experience or can you use it separately?

Vids are a bit muddier than FRAPS, naturally, but you can't argue with the performance and it certainly saves me some time in terms of the workflow - particularly if Youtube is the destination.

Once they implement a file-splitting capability for constant recording ala FRAPS I will probably switch over entirely.

teokrazia

Tried quickly in Black Ops II.
Performances hit seems almost inexistent. WTF O_O

The quality of footage is fine for my YT purposes.

With a wider set of options would be perfect.

Qassim

I've noticed a minor performance hit, but it is like a 2 - 3 FPS on average, at least going off this Batman: AO benchmark.

Durante

Gorgeous footage! The quality is excellent, specially for the file size. I haven't seen ANY performance hit on my games.

Really loving this.
Yeah, works as well as I could have hoped for me.

Valtýr;87676102 said:
Durante, do you have any settings suggestions to get Dark Souls to work with this?
Just don't use borderless windowed mode (use real fullscreen).

bee

gah the drivers are fine but shadowplay insta-bluescreens my pc when i go to switch it on :/

Naminator

Banned
Does it also capture 60 FPS or is it capped to 30?

I know it can stream to twitch with 60 FPS.
No the fuck it's not. Raw or nothing at all. Excuse my french.

If you can't get raw footage out of Shadowplay then it's a failure in my books.

Some of us actually play games where performance matters.

Besides, why would you ever need anything other than FRAPS to capture RAW?

Really cool, just a shame about the 10min max on W7 despite quality settings

Silly question, but I like to have streams/music on in the background, is there a way to filter that out and just capture in game sound in general for footage? I noticed in Shadowplay settings that you can choose "Sound - In game/Off", but it still captures everything

I tried this with Castlevania:LoS but it will only record the game without sounds, probably it had to do with my aftermarket sound card or something.

Just tried it out - the quality is very good, perf hit was minimal - seemed to be around 5-10% in BF3. It records at 60fps which won't show on youtube, so it looks even better than the videos linked so far. Are there any reputable video sharing sites that play 60fps?

SleazyC

Valtýr;87678652 said:
Yeah doesn't appear Dark Souls works. Anyone else wanna try it and confirm?
Worked for me. Just got DSFix setup this morning and I was able to record without any issues.

SleazyC

Valtýr;87679738 said:
Mind posting the config file?

http://ideone.com/Mr8Gkw

Can also confirm that the recorded video is choppy when played through Quicktime (not sure why this was the only video player I had on my PC) but as soon as I installed and played it on MPC-HC the playback is silky smooth. My performance hits are negligible so this is a pretty awesome piece of software.

Smokey

1080p is the limit resolution of ShadowPlay? So if I'm playing at 2560x1600, SP will max out at 1080p for recording?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
The quality is damn good and I didn't feel any performance hit in Team Fortress 2. I'm liking this quite a bit.

Arulan

I just spent a few minutes trying it out on a few games. I'm really impressed so far but there is one flaw I've noticed. It doesn't seem to record hardware-rendered audio, such as using OpenAL or DirectSound3D with your sound card. For most modern games this isn't a problem, as few support hardware sound, but I'd like to find a solution if possible.

Played a little more on Arkham and man, this thing is great. You really get to capture what you want, when you want and at such minimal cost.

Recorded an hour an a half of footage at 1080/60 and it was 19.1GB @ around 37mb/s.

It's kinda funny seeing as only two weeks ago I bought a 3TB hard drive specifically because I thought I'd be using FRAPS.

Top Bottom