• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

v71203641161.png

Previous OTs: |OT4| |OT3| |OT2| |OT1|

Thanks SmartWaffles for the title!

u79919229732.png

526b5176af1f8a4757d069003fd911cf.png

Related Threads

Halo 5 Forge
Halo 5 Review Thread
Halo 5 Forge on W10 - Soon

Trailers

E3 2013 Trailer
E3 2014 Trailer
Multiplayer Beta Preview
Multiplayer Beta First Look
MP Beta Trailer
Warzone ViDoc
E3 Campaign Demo
Warzone Trailer
Campaign Behing the Scene Teaser
Multiplayer Trailer
Launch Gameplay Trailer

TV Commercials

A Hero Falls
Launch TV Commercial

Bonus

Spartans Never Die - A HaloGAF Community Montage

l1oBs.jpg

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3

y71152071101.jpg

xZgYv.jpg
r3wuH.jpg

PLOT HERE

NeoGAF Opinions

Return Bungie Plz
Halo is dad
Worst Halo Campaign
343i is a B-tier developer

l71417539981.png

HaloGAF Spartan Company

Warzone is a 24-player multiplayer mode in Halo 5: Guardians. It features two teams of 12 players each, AI-controlled opponents, and maps up to four times larger than any previous Halo multiplayer map. Commander Sarah Palmer acts as the announcer for Warzone.
Warzone utilizes the Requisition system to allow players to get weapons and vehicles in game.

Warzone Assault is a 24-player multiplayer Warzone gametype in Halo 5: Guardians. It pits one 12-player team of attackers against 12 defenders. In order to win, the attackers must capture two of the defenders' bases, and then push into their home base and destroy the core. If the attackers fail to destroy the core within the time limit, the defenders win by default

WPSrZ.jpg

Warzone Firefight is an all-new 8-player co-operative experience where Spartans team up to tackle some of the Infinity’s biggest challenges across 5 Rounds of breathless action. Each round spawns a dynamic objective, and players have 5 minutes to complete each task. As players progress through these rounds of increasing difficulty they will raise their REQ level, allowing them to call in more powerful weapons and vehicles. Once players reach the final round they will need to bring all their best combat skills to bear as players face some of their most lethal threats yet.

Arena multiplayer mode represents Halo’s legacy of pure, skill-based 4-vs-4 competitive combat. Featuring a brand new, seven-tier, Competitive Skill Rating system (CSR), and matchmaking across multiple game types such as Breakout, Strongholds, Capture the Flag, Slayer, and more; all designed to push your talents to the limit.

Hundreds of REQ cosmetic customization options are usable in Arena, allowing the player to modify their appearance and tailor their game rewards without altering the all-important balance inherent in Halo 5: Guardians Arena multiplayer. Boosts can also be used to increase the RP and XP awards from successfully completing matches. REQ Points earned in Arena can be used to purchased REQ Packs containing items useful in both Arena and Warzone, so get into the fight and reap the rewards!

The Competitive Skill Rating (CSR) system in Halo 5 is designed to ensure high quality matches between players of equal skill, on a per-playlist basis. When you first hop into any of the Arena playlists, you will play a series of placement matches before being earning your CSR. After you complete 10 games, you will be placed into one of 7 CSR ranks based on your performance.

Coming out of the Arena beta, we’ve renamed the ranks based on community feedback to provide a more familiar and easily understood sense of progression between ranks. The final CSR ranks for Halo 5: Guardians are Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Onyx, and Champion.

ZIthD.png
Ixjo.png
eXfvI.png
QZb52.png
ukJ3Z.png
QDThU.png

Playlists

Team Arena
Slayer
Free-For-All
Swat
Doubles
Community Action Sack
Breakout
Big Team Battle
Infection
Grifball

r70686981532.png

NEW UPDATE!

Mercy Gameplay
Temple Gameplay
Update Livestream VOD

NEW MAPS!

k6oZf.jpg
aZmQb.jpg

NEW WEAPONS AND ARMOR!

WRk8l.jpg
b9PXJ.jpg

NEW SKINS!

iLISU.png
9Ywl2.jpg

CONTENT BROWSER!

s7tmG.jpg

uY8Zt.jpg

Previous Updates

(Thank you Fuchsdh for the updates' images)

g67929236742.png

Q: How do I publish maps from PC to Xbox One? How do I import maps from Xbox One to PC?
A: Creators can simply save their map to Xbox Live, which makes it available for download or editing on Windows 10 PCs using Halo 5: Forge or Xbox One using Halo 5: Guardians.

Q: How do I play against other people in Halo 5: Forge?
A: This works very similarly to the Custom Games multiplayer experience in Halo 5: Guardians. Using Xbox Live on Windows 10 PCs, players can create an Xbox Live party and then invite that party to a Fireteam in Halo 5: Forge. These players can then choose teams, the leader can load a selected map and mode, and they can begin to play together.

Q: How will Spartan Customization Work in Halo 5: Forge?

A: All Spartan customization is handled in Halo 5: Guardians and on HaloWaypoint.com. Halo 5: Forge will reflect any changes made on those platforms.

Q: Will Custom Games in Halo 5: Forge support Xbox Live features like Achievements and Gamerscore?
A: Yes, Halo 5: Forge will have Achievements with Gamerscore! Stay tuned for more info as we get closer to launch.

m94537078921.jpg

8729284bbb97d27dded3275dae6e757b.png

Thanks Flash for the help!

LET'S GOOOOOOO!

raw

tumblr_ntzkfnXOVN1uqcakjo2_400.gif

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Oh Hey a new thread already? Nice.

So is Windows 10 Forge out now?

TCKaos

I got the Anniversary update for W10 but had to revert because after I logged in it wouldn't run Windows Explorer for some reason, so I just had a black screen with my mouse cursor. I couldn't even run anything from the new task option on the task manager.

So I reverted back to an older version of W10. You kids have fun on Forge.

Spade

Was pleasantly surprised to see it was downloading last night. Game runs smooth as butter for me and looks great! Been messing around in Forge for a bit.

wwm0nkey

Also I know I've said it, but I am so impressed with how forge controls now. Like I tried it and gave up on XBO but its actually fun and simple to use here so I think I will actually make something.

EYEL1NER

Ah, new OT.
I'm about to hop on for a bit before picking my daughter up from school. I was playing when I got back from vacation and got within 15 silvers of being done with them, and then stopped playing for a bit. Now I've got a few more Uncommons and Rares being added in, but those new Rare skins are sexy as hell, so I'm looking forward to the grind at least until I've got all five of those. Getting on and playing will keep me looking current too as far as the company goes; I was slacking for a couple weeks and got worried when I saw that some fat had been trimmed. Maybe those were people that haven't played in months or something though.
EDIT: Whooo, I was in the top 50 posters last thread! I don't think I've ever posted 100+ times in any other threads.

The neon skins are cool and all, but I wish they would release some skins that are more traditional, like flat colors and camouflages, even if they just apply the Urban/Tundra/Woodland etc skins from the vehicles to the load out weapons. Bright, garish skins don't appeal to my tactical sensibilities.
On that note, Hannibal skins for loadouts would be cool, too.

Damn I'm #15. I need to get stronger.

How the fuck does Gosu have so many posts lol. It goes way beyond #2

I'm a 343/xbox insider who's sole purpose is to keep the thread alive. To make HaloGaf great again and time it perfectly with updates so the new OTs are actually relevant.

/s

i didn't think i was that high either TBH. :(.. i swear people love halo more than me.

Strider

G0SU... damn son :p

Got the PC forge all downloaded and was messing around with it a few minutes ago... Custom game browser can't come soon enough.

I wasn't able to play a custom game on Halo 5 forge yet, kept saying disconnected from server. Probably just an issue from me getting it early.

Defect

It's been a while since we had a new thread.

Also I know I've said it, but I am so impressed with how forge controls now. Like I tried it and gave up on XBO but its actually fun and simple to use here so I think I will actually make something.

If we can get like 8 people I'll be there.

Our new home is beautiful.

For anybody who has been messing with Forge on PC, has it been awkward chaining all of the movement options like the thrust slide jump? I saw vetoed say on twitter last night he was really struggling to pull that off.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
FIST PAGE!

Typo saves me from either typing too slow to make the fold, or some stupid 10ppp limit.

Fuchsdh

I think it's better solely because it breaks my ingrained "monitor controls like a vehicle" habits from previous Forge iterations. I've mostly shaken it, but it's far easier to me to adapt to a completely different method of input.

Top Bottom