• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

I've finished all strike cards at SA15. Until tomorrow that is. And of course the drop rate on Kid Vegeta is going to be trash. Won't even bother until he's on regular rotation probably.

I've finished all strike cards at SA15. Until tomorrow that is. And of course the drop rate on Kid Vegeta is going to be trash. Won't even bother until he's on regular rotation probably.

I need to do Tien & Piccolo, but I wanna focus on Goku since all I get are 5 medals so it will take a long ass times.

I have Tien DAed but he is SA 1 because his drop rate was shit and I wanted him for my LR Frieza team

Meneses

First 777 done (I started with 300 something from before).

Still trying to decide if i'll bother with the second one or just Kai it.

BTW my team for great success on stage 4 for Goku is double grampa gohan leads, strike Trunks and Tao, Drilldo, LR Frieza, and Bee Pan. I try to get Frieza and Drilldo together although the game has cursed me with poor starting rotations 90% of the time, and Tao+Gramps in the other round. My average time is between 4 and 5 minutes for the stage. I do bring an orb changer item, Fruit, Bulma (mechanic) for HP+attack and Icarus although it's seldom necessary. Once I awaken my first LR Goku I'll probably switch to double LR Goku leads with bulma and LR Frieza on the team to just absolutely murder him.

Current count from farming stage 4 exclusively is 304 medals and first Goku at SA5 with all paths opened, so 8 drops total (one double drop). If that rate holds up I should have enough cards for 2 SA10 Gokus before I get the medals required, so here's to hoping it does.

Well, if you EK it you break even because you get 10 for having LR Goku reach SA 20, IIRC. If you don't use the EK it you get a positive 10 EKs. So it's up to you, is going through that grind a second time worth 10 EKs?

Meneses

Well, if you EK it you break even because you get 10 for having LR Goku reach SA 20, IIRC. If you don't use the EK it you get a positive 10 EKs. So it's up to you, is going through that grind a second time worth 10 EKs?

That's the whole motive of this dilemma.

Kais are so rare and valuable that they make the grind almost worth it.

the way i look at it is I'd rather do this grind than the future Trunks grind. I have enough kais now to SA10 2 characters from scratch, but I want a third set for when I inevitably
don't
pull INT Gogeta, Rage Trunks and SSB Vegeta. Or, heck, even Angel Goku. If doing this grind can save me from doing one of those other ones, I'll take it. And SA20 LR Goku is legit especially with maxed out dupe system.

Yup, we don't know when it's going to be this "easy" to grind out LR Goku medals as well. If you've exhausted the current events and don't have LR Goku at full, why not grind it out
if you have the time
?

LNBL

That's still a lot of medals to farm! Well done

I got lucky with back to back 2x goku drops on stage 4. Will just use elder kais to get him from 10 to 20, cant be bothered to do all this twice.

Voror

So is there a general recommendation for Hidden Potential Skills?

Currently got Super Vegito, INT SSB Vegeta, SSJ4 Goku, Super Gogeta and Goku Black up to work with.

So is there a general recommendation for Hidden Potential Skills?

Currently got Super Vegito, INT SSB Vegeta, SSJ4 Goku, Super Gogeta and Goku Black up to work with.

ABC: Always Be Crit. After that Additional Attack. Dodge is a poor choice generally. The exception here is Gogeta who I believe benefits more from additional than crits because of his super effective passive.

Order of unlocking potential paths:

If SA10 (or plan to): Bottom right. Otherwise: Top left> top right> bottom left.

I was like fuck I have to turn all 4 gokus into TURs and then remembered hourglass is a thing lol.

All dupe paths open and 50% done with path. Rip medium orbs though.

I feel bad for laughing at you plebs, but I 100%'d my Goku with S: 1487, M: 3423, and L: 212 orbs to spare. But if it makes you feel better I didn't pull SSj4 Gogeta

edit: Just realized I'm at 716 days :eek:

edit: Fuck I didn't do pan so I don't get that glorious xp to get a near level up AND I forgot to do the shell training & orbs D:

Screw you Dokkan! :O

VlZsmUMl.jpg

Here are the steps to get LR Goku

Do Stage 1 to get your first drop.

Do Stage 2 about 15 times to get the medals to awaken your SSR Goku to awaken to the Transcended Ultra Rare form

Then do Stage 3 to get your first couple of Legendary Rare medals. It can be as low as 5 or as high as 20 I hear.

Stage 4 is for more 1st form Goku drops, the SSR version. You want at least 4 for all the dupe paths and a 5th one to feed back into the LR Goku for an SA 20. After you get 5, go back to stage 3 to farm medals since the medal drops are better there.

1544 medals later, you'll have 2 LR Gokus, 1 you need to feed into the other for SA20.

Make sure you feed the LR Goku that doesn't have its dupe paths opened up!

Thanks! However, it seens I don't have enough drop characters to try this. That's too bad =(

MiTYH

Man I am just not getting a Goku drop. Been at it for two days now, only at about 150 medals and no dupe copies. Thanks god it's here for a while

Voror

I'll need to start farming the characters to do the LR Goku event. I'm not sure I should bother trying the Dokkan events until I've gotten my characters leveled and perhaps done some more hidden potential. The best place to get orbs are the dailies for that right?

Also, if a character hasn't had their SA upgraded at all and you only have one dupe, is it best to unlock the top left instead of the bottom right paths in Hidden Potential?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Damn that's dedication. I'm at 550ish and I had it, so I'm just gonna EK the last 10.

Well, you can get most of the required units from the strike events, and right now is the best time to do it since the cards are guaranteed to drop(or pretty damn close it it) and the usual 100 team cost for them is currently lifted. The Bulma event is still going on so you can grind her orbs(they're story specific so you don't gotta worry about using your TEQ orbs) and get her cards to open up the paths

Is there an easy way to tell which characters are drops and which are gacha?

They also gave away a ton of SSRs of one character as a gift or something, does that count as a drop or as a gacha character?

MicH

Nice, was almost able to max out my SV with the stage 6 reward orbs. Just need one more dupe fir bottom left path and some more orbs.

201 more medals needed. I swear to fuck if I end up needing 1 more medal at the end I'ma chuck my phone at the wall

I actually like my phone so I won't...but I'll be super mad

linkent

201 more medals needed. I swear to fuck if I end up needing 1 more medal at the end I'ma chuck my phone at the wall

I actually like my phone so I won't...but I'll be super mad
Well you gonna get 5x40 so will definitely get 776 in the end :p

The goku drop is still so bullshit.
5 x 152 stamina. 0 drop.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Kid Vegeta Super Strike is up.

Seems the percentage for character drops is quite high, first time I did Stage 1 this time I got a double drop!

After reading everyone's posts, I'm so glad I grinded LR out already.

f6cefdca30c75a9d5b352ce9eb752d80.png

I need help guys.
Here's my teams:
aKJf5l9l.jpg

HpsBax1l.jpg

Ummm, stick with the Bulma team, but rotate out Bee Pan/Trunks for whatever stage you're playing. So Bee Pan/another STR for stage 4, King Vegeta/another INT for stage 3.

After reading everyone's posts, I'm so glad I grinded LR out already.

f6cefdca30c75a9d5b352ce9eb752d80.png

Ummm, stick with the Bulma team, but rotate out Bee Pan/Trunks for whatever stage you're playing. So Bee Pan/another STR for stage 4, King Vegeta/another INT for stage 3.

The problem with LR Goku was that he became obsolete by the time God leads started coming out. Until Godtenks brought him back to relevance for a while.

Still not worth the grind till now with all the prizes being given for having him maxed every possible way.

The problem with LR Goku was that he became obsolete by the time God leads started coming out. Until Godtenks brought him back to relevance for a while.

Still not worth the grind till now with all the prizes being given for having him maxed every possible way.

He's "OPTIMAL" tho: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/glbsuperteq xD

For me, he was my go to since I didn't have Gogeta for ages! But yeah, it's just nice to do something different outside of smashing stuff with good ol' MONO/Super STR. I'll take those Elder Kais as well, pls.

linkent

Everytime i press that "reverse dokkan" icon, i thought i have 43 hourglass to use.
Turn out i have 43 TUR that can be reversed and only 2 hourglass :(
Need to use it on LR Goku as i already put orbs on him zzzzz.

linkent

Ah, I guess you need to be playing the game a lot more to remember which are the strike characters off hand. lol Thanks.
You can tell a strike character if you look at their links, strike will have bombardment.
Super strike will have super strike link.
There are many more farmables though.

So Kid Vegeta is up now and has no restriction on stage 2 despite costing full stamina. Guess I might as well get that out of the way then. Also it drops 2 medals per run.

Top Bottom