• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Pejo

That Step-Up is garbage. It better not be 25000 Lapis in total but knowing them it will be. At least, the Special Login Bonus is really good.

Eek, that's not good. Are you doing it on the Amazon version? Could you move the icons to a spot so the macro doesn't do that?

Yea I split off FFBE from all of the rest of the icons on Nox. It had to be something with the Amazon app specifically. Weirdest thing is that I explicitly disabled one-click ordering, but this somehow got around it - I guess because preorders don't actually transmit funds? This is the second time I ran into this issue. I wish Gumi would just add a proper "Auto-repeat" function to the game already so we don't have to use this crap.

Shouta

Unfortunately Nazta confirmed that it is. Still time for them to change it though.

Ick, that sucks.

Anyway, I'll take a closer look at the units when the info comes out tonight. Squall looks like he could be the new hot unit being a TDH character that can use 2 attacks per turn. It'll depend on his mods. =o

Alkez

Last free daily - Rainbow!... Wilhelm. Good unit but I really don't need another provoke tank. Still, it was free so can't complain. And if I get a second I can make him 7*

Edit: actually he seems a lot better than Gabranth lol. I also forgot Wilhelm's LB is the same as EVs. With the new 3* TM maybe I could run damage mitigation every turn?

16 crystals

He gets 3 a turn from his ability, so 13.

200% from two accessories, and then 150% from Nichol's skill would mean I would need 4 crystals a turn to maintain it every turn. Could be viable.

Syntsui

Last free daily - Rainbow!... Wilhelm. Good unit but I really don't need another provoke tank. Still, it was free so can't complain. And if I get a second I can make him 7*

Edit: actually he seems a lot better than Gabranth lol. I also forgot Wilhelm's LB is the same as EVs. With the new 3* TM maybe I could run damage mitigation every turn?

16 crystals

200% from two accessories, and then 150% from Nichol's skill would mean I would need 4 crystals a turn to maintain it every turn. Could be viable.
Not on JP.

EDarkness

Just curious, what are some notable differences between certain units between JP and Global? I never kept up with this, but now that I'm messing around in JP, I think this is something I need to know and others may need to know as well.

Shouta

From a pure tanking perspective, Wilhelm does it a bit better than Gabranth right now. He has a 40% damage cut on his Provoke and has passives that are more conducive to stacking those stats. He also uses a shield which provides so many great defensive buffs. Gabranth does damage while tanking though and has a bit more utility including a 40% AOE damage cut on demand.

Also, FFXV event coming back in December is pretty much a lock for JP. Episode Ignis is coming out then so we'll be getting him to coincide with the release of that DLC like they did for Prompto and Gladio.

Syntsui

Just curious, what are some notable differences between certain units between JP and Global? I never kept up with this, but now that I'm messing around in JP, I think this is something I need to know and others may need to know as well.
That I can remember:

On global side, Wilhelm got a LB boosting passive,Soleil got better enhanced dances, DKC got reduced crysts cost, Emperor got a better Fire From Below, Lunera got a better sing buff, Queen got a better something but who cares it's Queen, Trance Terra got reduced crysts cost...

There might be more but I don't remember. Only global Noctis is straight up worse.

Alkez

From a pure tanking perspective, Wilhelm does it a bit better than Gabranth right now. He has a 40% damage cut on his Provoke and has passives that are more conducive to stacking those stats. He also uses a shield which provides so many great defensive buffs. Gabranth does damage while tanking though and has a bit more utility including a 40% AOE damage cut on demand.

Also, FFXV event coming back in December is pretty much a lock for JP. Episode Ignis is coming out then so we'll be getting him to coincide with the release of that DLC like they did for Prompto and Gladio.

The problem I have with Gabranth is his damage mitigation is tied to his LB, but it's a separate skill. So I have to get the LB, to access the damage mitigation, and if Gabranth goes down between these two things I lose access to the damage mitigation so I have to start again. I like Gabranth because he has the fire imperil tied in with one of his provoke skills and can do damage, but I found that he was never really keeping my team alive. I'm hoping Wilhelm will do a better job at that, even if I lose damage.

That makes sense in regards to FFXV. The trailer for the DLC looked quite cool. I've been waiting for all the DLC to come out so I can finally play the game lol (though I've watched the main story on youtube).

EDarkness

That I can remember:

On global side, Wilhelm got a LB boosting passive,Soleil got better enhanced dances, DKC got reduced crysts cost, Emperor got a better Fire From Below, Lunera got a better sing buff, Queen got a better something but who cares it's Queen, Trance Terra got reduced crysts cost...

There might be more but I don't remember. Only global Noctis is straight up worse.

Was there something with Rem, too? I was under the impression that Rem is a straight healer in JP.

Shouta

The problem I have with Gabranth is his damage mitigation is tied to his LB, but it's a separate skill. So I have to get the LB, to access the damage mitigation, and if Gabranth goes down between these two things I lose access to the damage mitigation so I have to start again. I like Gabranth because he has the fire imperil tied in with one of his provoke skills and can do damage, but I found that he was never really keeping my team alive. I'm hoping Wilhelm will do a better job at that, even if I lose damage.

That makes sense in regards to FFXV. The trailer for the DLC looked quite cool. I've been waiting for all the DLC to come out so I can finally play the game lol (though I've watched the main story on youtube).

Oh, you're right. Observance is unlocked when you use his LB I was looking at the wrong list there, lol. Man, I haven't even used him as a provoke tank in harder fights recently either because 100% Chizzy doing too much for me.

Gabranth has his own damage cut though. Prosecute gives him a 100% Provoke + 30% damage cut. So he has something similar to Wilhelm but it's not enhanced yet, of course. You can probably weave the 40% cut in with your Provoke/Cut every few turns if you can get a steady source of crystals.

Rem got a nuke attack that can be used twice per turn, but it's whatever nowadays.

Randi got more attack and more killer effects for another change. The R in Rem reminded me of that, lol.

Muku

Just got Tidus his +2 on JP for his weapon mastery thing. So tasty. He was neck and neck with Sephiroth but is now taking the lead. So good.. so good.

Edit: managed to get him some attack pots so he's higher now. Woot. Close to capping his ATk which is cool.

fionel

16 crystals

Congrats dude! Weren't you complaining about not having a tank? Wilhelm's no cover tank but like u said free is always good haha. And also complaining here seems to really fucking work! lol

Shouta

So, I was looking at 2nd anniversary stuff in JP and I found Zenshin Chrome Hearts twitter account with their total tickets back from it. They're a top-ranker in the arena and other events where they list who's on top.

https://twitter.com/FFbe_Chrome/status/922439290243579905

He got 8317 tickets in total. That's just utter insanity. For reference, you got 1 ticket per 5000 Lapis used on summons which includes free and paid Lapis. The best Lapis bundle in JP is 8800 for 12500.

8317 * 5000 = 41,585,000 Lapis used.
41,585,000/12500 = 3326.8 Bundles
3326 x 8800 = 29275840 yen
29275840/100 = 292,758.4 USD

CYMu041.gif

There's some free Lapis mixed in there so it's not that much in actuality but holy shit.

I'm kind of tired so I might have done the math wrong and I didn't account for exchange rate and all that but...

Syntsui

So, I was looking at 2nd anniversary stuff in JP and I found Zenshin Chrome Hearts twitter account with their total tickets back from it. They're a top-ranker in the arena and other events where they list who's on top.

He got 8317 tickets in total. That's just utter insanity. For reference, you got 1 ticket per 5000 Lapis used on summons which includes free and paid Lapis. The best Lapis bundle in JP is 8800 for 12500.

CYMu041.gif

There's some free Lapis mixed in there so it's not that much in actuality but holy shit.

I'm kind of tired so I might have done the math wrong and I didn't account for exchange rate and all that but...
Was it 1 ticket per 5k lapis used on summons or 5k lapis used no matter how? If it's per summon, I'll get much less than I'm expecting here on GL when this comes.

Shouta

Was it 1 ticket per 5k lapis used on summons or 5k lapis used no matter how? If it's per summon, I'll get much less than I'm expecting here on GL when this comes.

I assume summons because it's counted in units of 5000 but I'd need to go confirm. It could be on Slots/EN refills/etc too.

I only got 82 on my account. I'm an amoeba compared to Chrome Hearts, lol.

fionel

Zenshin Chrome Hearts is likely the biggest whale known in the FFBE JP community. But yeah really gives you the perspective on how whales spend and why Gacha games are the norm now.

wilstreak

CYMu041.gif

That means 8317 multipull and since JP recently got their 2nd anniversarry, so for simplicity sake, there is 100 week banner and he do 83 multipull per each new banner. That's f-kin crazy.

This is probably the guy who feels they need to have 5 base 5* banner unit on the first hour of their release.

fionel

Looks like the 7* skillsets are datamined http://exviusdb.com/jp

In short, quite an upgrade. I'd go as far as to say the new 7* meta will significantly make 6* units less relevant. It would be hard for Alim to not balance new trials around 7* too. Oh man dupe rainbows are the future now :(

Shouta

I haven't seen the full data yet with numbers and all that but oh man, Quad Chaos Wave on Trance Tina? 2x Fire from Below for Emperor? TDH everywhere? This is crazy.

wilstreak

Lightning seems to be 1 of the biggest winner for 7* upgrade. ST 120-hit 720% + self 150% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR buff is super good.

Meanwhile favorite old-chainer like Orlandu, Aileen and OK doesn't get any crazy new skill.

Tidus get new ST 1-hit 800% damage + -65% water damage resistance which looks nice but pale in comparison compared to 6* DKC's -100% imperil.

Shouta

TBH I'd wager quad-chaos wave still has nothing on Sakura's max-stack final lightning. ;p

It won't because Final Lightning is, well, Thunder Element, lol. A maxed stack + 100% Thunder Imperil is 6600% per turn if you cast it twice. Quad Chaos Wave +2, if it works with +2, is like 2520% per turn or so, I think? Now, if it worked with her new Chaos Flare and Chaos Dark skills though... =o

Emperor will beat S2 Sakura now though if you have Raegen in your party, lol. 8800% per turn potentially? Yes, please.

Gonna glance at list but gonna wait until tomorrow to really dig in and evaluate units when all the data is there. It looks like everyone got something though. Even Delita got a new chaining skill (ST 6 Hit 600% Physical Attack) and is now able to use 2x Breaks per turn. He also has one more attack skill but no data on it yet. Lightning getting Endless Drive, with the mods Wiistreak points out, is pretty great and what she needs to be good again, lol. She seems to be the most improved.

Edit: Eileen's TMR Skill grants her +120% attack modifier on Piledriver. If that is the base mod and it's affected by the Ignore Target Defense and Elemental Resistance, that brings Piledriver +2 to 1295% per turn. Yikes, that's powerful if true.

wilstreak

Emperor will beat S2 Sakura now though if you have Raegen in your party, lol. 8800% per turn potentially? Yes, please.

Dualcasting Fire From Below is totally crazy.

Not sure about the number, but assuming -100% fire resist from CG Reagan and 2500% from max stack FFB in Global, does that mean 7* Emperor in Global can theoretically deal 10.000% MAG each turn from turn 5?

I think i will go with another Emperor if there is any pick-your-unit ticket.

Alkez

ST 16 Hit 600% Physical Attack, ST -65% Dark Resist for For 3 Turns

Dark Veritas needs to calm down.

Also why did Aileen get innate doublehand and dual wield lmao. It's like they said to themselves "this character is very versatile...let's continue with that".

Congrats dude! Weren't you complaining about not having a tank? Wilhelm's no cover tank but like u said free is always good haha. And also complaining here seems to really fucking work! lol

Thanks. Yeah haha. It's weird cause it happened maybe 30 minutes after I was complaining to my friend. What's weirder is this was an hour after I pulled Amelia, one of my five most wanted units, on fire emblem heroes off banner with a speed nature. My luck was really good yesterday.

And Wilhelm's 7* gives him aoe cover. Alim I'ma need that dupe please.

Edit: it's a shame they didn't improve his LB at 7*. No increase in damage reduction, which I can understand, but still only 1 turn. Don't really get that when other 7*s are getting major improvements in the LB department.

fionel

I just got my Fohlen to 7*. Holy shit the rumor about the exp needed is probably real. I just dumped 4 lv 35+ cactuars onto him and still only got him from lv 101 to 108. The grind will be fucking painful...

LucaMac

I just got my Fohlen to 7*. Holy shit the rumor about the exp needed is probably real. I just dumped 4 lv 35+ cactuars onto him and still only got him from lv 101 to 108. The grind will be fucking painful...
4 maxed king cactaurs with a great success while fusing...lv 112 Dark Veritas. Think Im going to dump all NRG and some of my 500 NRG pots into Cactaur dunes and max out my three 7*s. Then Ill see if I can deal with some bullshit trials...when the game comes back. Im out again.

Alkez

Just had a look at some of the 7* units on reddit (as some of them were incomplete on the other site). Tidus looks really strong to me. I mean he was always really good but this TDH option that they're going for seems really great. Innate 100% TDH with Brotherhood and 8x single hitting move with -65% water resist.

LucaMac

Just had a look at some of the 7* units on reddit (as some of them were incomplete on the other site). Tidus looks really strong to me. I mean he was always really good but this TDH option that they're going for seems really great. Innate 100% TDH with Brotherhood and 8x single hitting move with -65% water resist.

Dark Veritas is a beast too. Hence why I went for him first. He gets a 16 hit -65% dark attack. He also has an ability that boosts all his stats by 220%, can only use it every 5 turns, but still. My 6* Dark Veritas was nearly at 1000 attack. Hes hit the cap now, no equipment changes...

Alkez

Is it just me or are the ff8 units not that great?

Lamira's TM got nerfed from high tide to 20% lb rate. High Tide did seem too strong anyways, but dunno if I want to pull on this banner anymore.

Pejo

Hell yea. Finally beat Nightmare Pumpkin King. What a pain in the ass.

Ultimately, the thing that worked for me?

Favorable RNG.

Really bullshit, and I don't mind having to think on your feet, or making things tough, but that should be saved for non-limited trials. This particular fight, unlike the past 10 or so, he went 2 full turns in a row under 60% without siphoning my MP. Incredibly different dynamic for the fight. I got the no white magic challenge, didn't even try for the dual esper things, it's a waste of time to stall and build Esper bar, and I already have like 5 MAG+30%s from Shantottos.

Anyways, my team was:

-WoL (Arms Eraser and AoE Cover)
-Rikku (Hyper Nul-All and LB, didn't need the reraise from the LB but I have it maxed so the DEF/SPR buff was still nice)
-Tillith (Prism Heal and most importantly that move that prevents Stat breaks)
-Zargabaath (MVP as usual. Judgement Strike to siphon MP from boss, Mirage to extend chains, Passive heal to cover for turns that Tillith was busy, MP restore to Tillith, and of course AoE stat buffs)
-Dark Veritas (Lance user, highest atk so he pulled and absorbed that dark attack, and damage (equipped with Excal))
-Friendlandu (Standard build, Lance user and chainer)

I tried like hell to beat it with a team of 5, but the RNG honestly was too much for me, even after the "nerf". I'll take my dagger, trust moogle and tickets and move on.

On the bright side, I think I'm finally ready to give Aigiaon a real shot.

Kettch

Well, 3 steps and 50 tickets got me Duke, Ace, Majin Fina, Rinoa, Lunera and Yuna. Not a bad haul, but I guess I need to do some more story missions for Squall.

LucaMac

So I have no friends on Japan now? Everybody is gone? I can only select from random units. Some sort of glitch with everything that's been going on. Checked my friendliest and it is indeed on zero...

EDIT: ...and they're back again. Sent and accepted a friend request. Might have helped. Who knows.

Shouta

Dualcasting Fire From Below is totally crazy.

Not sure about the number, but assuming -100% fire resist from CG Reagan and 2500% from max stack FFB in Global, does that mean 7* Emperor in Global can theoretically deal 10.000% MAG each turn from turn 5?

I think i will go with another Emperor if there is any pick-your-unit ticket.

If Fire From Below is 2500% in Global then yeah, 10,000% per turn. -100% Fire Resist is 2x modifier and 2 per turn. =o

ST 16 Hit 600% Physical Attack, ST -65% Dark Resist for For 3 Turns

Dark Veritas needs to calm down.

Also why did Aileen get innate doublehand and dual wield lmao. It's like they said to themselves "this character is very versatile...let's continue with that".

Thanks. Yeah haha. It's weird cause it happened maybe 30 minutes after I was complaining to my friend. What's weirder is this was an hour after I pulled Amelia, one of my five most wanted units, on fire emblem heroes off banner with a speed nature. My luck was really good yesterday.

And Wilhelm's 7* gives him aoe cover. Alim I'ma need that dupe please.

Edit: it's a shame they didn't improve his LB at 7*. No increase in damage reduction, which I can understand, but still only 1 turn. Don't really get that when other 7*s are getting major improvements in the LB department.

A lot units got stuff to make them more versatile, so players can choose however they want to play with them. I actually like it because it keeps their old units viable and there's more freedom to do things.

Oh man, that sounds bad. At least the Cactuars from Raids won't go to waste now, lol

Is it just me or are the ff8 units not that great?

Lamira's TM got nerfed from high tide to 20% lb rate. High Tide did seem too strong anyways, but dunno if I want to pull on this banner anymore.

Squall was strong when I looked at him last. Being able to TDH and still doing 2 attacks per turn is very strong. Keen Edge, is 275% with 50% ITD so 550%. If you give him a nice elemental weapon, he can get up to 1100% depending on who else is in the party. Doing two of those per turn is pretty solid.

Rinoa looks solid as a magic attacker with utility as well. Not as powerful as Sakura or Emperor in long fights but she'll be better than either in a short fightas she has access to some powerful quick spells. Angelo Tackle going up to 3300% is really nice too for longer fights where you can't do elemental damage, lol.

Shit you can buy a Ferrari or a Lamborghini with that money O_O

I know, it's nuts. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around it.

So I have no friends on Japan now? Everybody is gone? I can only select from random units. Some sort of glitch with everything that's been going on. Checked my friendliest and it is indeed on zero...

EDIT: ...and they're back again. Sent and accepted a friend request. Might have helped. Who knows.

They're limiting the friends list right now to prevent them from updating. It seems it's causing problems to the servers, lol.

Alkez

Squall was strong when I looked at him last. Being able to TDH and still doing 2 attacks per turn is very strong. Keen Edge, is 275% with 50% ITD so 550%. If you give him a nice elemental weapon, he can get up to 1100% depending on who else is in the party. Doing two of those per turn is pretty solid.

Rinoa looks solid as a magic attacker with utility as well. Not as powerful as Sakura or Emperor in long fights but she'll be better than either in a short fightas she has access to some powerful quick spells. Angelo Tackle going up to 3300% is really nice too for longer fights where you can't do elemental damage, lol.

I guess. It's just the fact Queen does the same thing with a better modifier (375% with 50% ignore). I just can't see a reason to go for him, especially with the step up isn't that great. I never played 8 though so I have no personal ties to him.

I mainly wanted Rin anyways. May still do the first step for a shot at her. Having a non-typed version of Sakura would be good.

Shit you can buy a Ferrari or a Lamborghini with that money O_O
I know, it's nuts. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around it.

I guess the people who spend that kind of money already own Ferraris and Lambos lol.

Shouta

I guess. It's just the fact Queen does the same thing with a better modifier (375% with 50% ignore). I just can't see a reason to go for him, especially with the step up isn't that great. I never played 8 though so I have no personal ties to him.

I mainly wanted Rin anyways. May still do the first step for a shot at her. Having a non-typed version of Sakura would be good.

I guess the people who spend that kind of money already own Ferraris and Lambos lol.

Queen has a lot less attack potentially though. She loses out on 60% attack unless you equips a sword. The strongest attack TMRs are for Great Sword (Dark Veritas'). You have to equip her TMR to get the Doublehand. She also can't Imperil herself which means she has a harder time doing max damage in situations where there's a limited number of party members.

It is true she beats him out on mods but attack is just as important, if not more so, than that. I can crunch the numbers later when I get a chance. I wanna review the various characters as well if I have time.

Alkez

Did the first step for the moogle and get a couple of Lamira.

6 yellows...

all of which were trash lol.

Queen has a lot less attack potentially though. She loses out on 60% attack unless you equips a sword. The strongest attack TMRs are for Great Sword (Dark Veritas'). You have to equip her TMR to get the Doublehand. She also can't Imperil herself which means she has a harder time doing max damage in situations where there's a limited number of party members.

It is true she beats him out on mods but attack is just as important, if not more so, than that. I can crunch the numbers later when I get a chance. I wanna review the various characters as well if I have time.

Hmm ok, I'll wait your numbers.

Shouta

Hmm ok, I'll wait your numbers.

These are pretty quick so I might have made a few errors. Let me know if I messed up.

Queen TDH
Weapon: Moonblade (118)
Head: Prishe's Hair Ornament (45)
Body: Kingsglaive Uniform (10)
Accessory 1: Martial Gloves (40)
Accessory 2: Martial Gloves (40)

Ability 1: Wisdom (30% ATK, 100% EQ ATK from Trust Ability)
Ability 2: Buster Form (100% EQ ATK)
Ability 3: 40% (Take your pick!)
Ability 4: 40% (Take your pick!)
[254 + (254*1.9)] + [(118+45+10+40+40)*4] = 736 + 1012 = 1748

Squall TDH
Weapon: Glauca's Great Sword (125)
Head: Prishe's Hair Ornament (45)
Body: Iron Colossus (15)
Accessory 1: Martial Gloves (40)
Accessory 2: Martial Gloves (40)

Ability 1: Buster Form
Ability 2: Pride of the Veritas: Dark
Ability 3: Pride of the Veritas: Dark
Ability 4: Pride of the Veritas: Dark
[268 + (268*2.3)] + [(125+45+15+40+40)*4] = 884 + 1060 = 1944.

I chose Darkness as the comparison element because it wouldn't work using just raw attack. Element resistance has a huge impact on damage output so it has to be on the same one. I also only chose gear that was available to new players going forward for the above numbers. I'd need to do actual testing on this to see how big a difference this comes out to but I don't have Squall or Queen yet, lol.

But basically, it's probably easier to look at it in regards to elements they handling.

1v1 Comparison:

Queen > Squall in Water/Darkness/Non-elemental
Squall > Queen in Fire/Lightning/Light/Wind

Imperils are huge here.

Group comparison:

Queen > Squall in Water/Wind/Darkness/Non-elemental
Squall > Queen in Fire/Lightning

If you have Fayt and his TMR from the Star Ocean Collab, then Queen wins in Light as well. If you do not have Fayt though, Squall wins in Light.

There are a few other elements that can be considered like Ice but Queen would get such a low attack by equipping an Icebrand that Squall would probably win anyway. It's like a 400 attack difference because of TDH.

Sorry of this seems a bit disorganized, I just wrote it up really quickly.

evangd007

Hell yea. Finally beat Nightmare Pumpkin King. What a pain in the ass.

I still need to do this, running out of time. Been too busy with Fire Emblem Warriors and Mario Odyssey to do much more than just burn energy.

That and having summon sessions that could only be described as embarrassing. Lani, Shadow, Krile, and Maria almost have completed their TMRs.

NomarTyme

I need help I understanding the whole STMR thing. You get the special moogle with your trust percentage, so can you farm the special moogle? I know that you can't on chocobo explorations.

Shouta

I need help I understanding the whole STMR thing. You get the special moogle with your trust percentage, so can you farm the special moogle? I know that you can't on chocobo explorations.

There are two parts to it.

When you use a dupe to create the material to raise a character to 7-stars, you get the material and a special moogle that represents that character's TMR. So if you use a dupe to raise Aileen to 7-star. You'll get a moogle for the dupe's Artisan, assuming you haven't received it yet.

This moogle cannot be be used in battle and the only way to raise its Trust Master percentage is through other moogles.

For STMR, you just need to fuse dupe 5-stars into the 7-star. Each dupe gives you 5% towards their basic TMR and 50% towards their STMR. So you need 2 for a STMR. In addition, they've changed it so you get a 50% All Trust Moogle when you fuse the first dupe into your 7-star.

So in all, you need 4 of the same character to get a 7-star + their STMR.

Top Bottom