• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Jarnet87

Today in silly season United were favorites for Fabinho and Griezmann is all but done, which means tomorrow Fabinho will be leaning towards City and the Atletico president will say we are not selling Griezmann. Oh and a new bid for Perisic.

DBT85

United are like the Weird Al Yankovich if the football world. Until you've been linked, however spuriouly, you've not made it.

casiopao

Today in silly season United were favorites for Fabinho and Griezmann is all but done, which means tomorrow Fabinho will be leaning towards City and the Atletico president will say we are not selling Griezmann. Oh and a new bid for Perisic.

Ehh. Fabinho is actually also linked to Juventus lol.

Syder

It's officially official.

Wenger signs 2 year deal
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has signed a new two-year deal at the club.

The contract does not include a break clause and, should it be completed, will extend his reign to 23 years.

Neither Arsenal nor Wenger, 67, see this as definitely being his final contract.

The Gunners finished fifth in the Premier League this season, the first time they have finished outside the top four since the Frenchman joined in 1996.

They finished 18 points behind champions Chelsea, but beat the Blues 2-1 to win the FA Cup at Wembley on Saturday.

Wenger met club owner Stan Kroenke on Monday to determine his future, with the decision relayed to directors at a Tuesday board meeting and an official announcement expected on Wednesday.

Jack cw

This must lower the chances of Griezmann leaving?
He could leave anytime. Spain does work a little different than other markets. Clubs need to write down an amount as release clause in any licence players contract by law. So that a player could buy himself out or another club as placeholder pays the money. That is why the clauses of many la liga players are way over 100m.

And LOL at Arsenal.

Syder

Apparently, Aubameyang to PSG is a done deal for €70M.

Also, Everton appear to have low-balled Sunderland £8m for Jordan Pickford.

Syder

Sunderland apparently want £30m so we're going to offer £25m + Adrián for Pickford.
bams.png

Pachimari

2 windows including this past winter one, so only this summer left.

Koké just signed a new 5 year deal.

Oh, at least that's good news. I sound like an Atletico supporter but am just really looking for the La Liga to keep and gain good players, so we can have some competition here.

Looking at my own team, I'm still really not sure if we'll take back Jesus Vallejo and Diego Llorente this Summer. To me, these two guys are still a question mark, and I think Zidane will address how they do in the pre-summer preparations first and foremost.

Wait.. People actually thought Agüero was leaving?

Pep ain't that stupid.

If Aguero's poor midseason performances continued I think they would have sold him if a large enough offer came in as he really wasn't adapting to the new system/s. However he did adapt and started to look really good towards the end of the season.

New City kit:

RocknRola

Sooo.... uh... remember that Ronaldo bust? Well, the same sculptor was invited by PaddyPower to do a Gareth Bale one.

bustobale.jpg

Nuno's appointment at Wolves done and dusted.

For the level we're at, and with some of the crap we played last year, this is a VERY exciting appointment. Quibble all you want, but a Championship club landing their coach from Porto shows ambition.

RocknRola

Nuno's appointment at Wolves done and dusted.

For the level we're at, and with some of the crap we played last year, this is a VERY exciting appointment. Quibble all you want, but a Championship club landing their coach from Porto shows ambition.

You clearly didn't follow Porto this year. lol

RocknRola

You clearly didn't follow Wolves!

As I said, this is by no means without caveats, but it's an appointment with the prestige and ambition that I never expected.

Alright, don't say I didn't warn you :p

Get ready for possession to the max! Don't expect much more though hehe Unless he changes his ways drastically, which I suppose could happen.

Gael #Clichy is NOT on his way to #LFC on a two-year deal despite reports. He's not a target for #Klopp. (Echo)

Crisis adverted.

Jarnet87

The detectives were quickly on the case after some said he did not take the call from Jose. The watch has a green and red button when a call comes in shown in another photo therefore he was speaking with Jose and hung up to take a picture with a fan because he is a wonderful person. With no big tournament this summer I just want the deal done by mid July so he can join the preseason tour, but expect this to linger all throughout June.

Top Bottom