• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM #217, July 2007: Odin Sphere > Pokemon

Mar

- Silent Hill 5 is coming to the PS3 and 360 next year...

bestdance.gif

but a new American team is going to make it, not the original Japanese team.

orange.gif

If this turns out to be true. My only anticipated next gen game is no longer anticipated.

What a let down.

Kafel

Banned
_leech_ said:
- PaRappa the Rapper 3 for the PS3 is real.

I thought its creator said in an interview he wanted everyone to touch his game so it must be released on an affordable system aka the Wii.

Mau ®

WTF? SH5...American? WTF!

Well Ive been hearing rumors of The Collective taking over, (Id prefer Climax since the newest build of SH0 is supposedly awesome!).

But why? And what is the real SH team doing anyway! I hope they are at least giving support to the new team.

Sniff!!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
_leech_ said:
PQ2: Practical Intelligence Quotient: 9.5, 7.5, 9

WOW!
That's really high. I have the first one, which was pretty cool but...I guess this sequel is much better then? They gave the first one an average of 6.5, after all. Now I'm kind of intrigued.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Mar_ said:
If this turns out to be true. My only anticipated next gen game is no longer anticipated.

I have to ask this. You're not anticpating RE5, FF13, MGS4, Halo 3, Smash Bros, Mario Galaxy, Prime 3, etc at all? None of them?

_leech_ said:
Review Scores - Playstation Portable
Final Fantasy: 7

oh snap

In terms of new SC games... I'm sure there's either a PSP game, or SCIV on PS3/360 (such as Sonic on PS3/360 while Wii got a spinoff).

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Can someone please clear up this Soul Calibur stuff? EGM didn't actually say anything other than there would be information in the next issue, correct?

So why are there people already going nuts for "Soul Calibur III PSP" and "Soul Calibur PS3/360?"

milkham

duckroll said:
Let's face it, to the typical Japanese guy who just reads translations in Japanese of monthly threads like this listing nothing but scores, short translations/summaries of the already short reviews, and a bunch of rumors/scoops.... the opinion would be identical to yours of Famitsu. Did you know that EGM was founded by Ziff Davis to be the "American Famitsu" in the first place? That's why the formula is SO SIMILAR. :p

Didn't Famitsu admit a couple months back that they review games based on expectations of their readers and not quality of the actual game?

EGM was not founded by Ziff Davis. Ziff Davis bought Sendai Publishing, which was publishing EGM.

_leech_ said:
- Silent Hill 5 is coming to the PS3 and 360 next year... but a new American team is going to make it, not the original Japanese team.

Oh what the ****. What the ****.

There had better be a damned good excuse for this, besides "oh ho ho ho, we thought we'd just pass the series right along on to a younger/different/monkey team, oh ho ho ho."

Mar

omg rite said:
I have to ask this. You're not anticpating RE5, FF13, MGS4, Halo 3, Smash Bros, Mario Galaxy, Prime 3, etc at all? None of them?

Nope. I won't go into details because I've said it in other threads. But those games just aren't for me.

Lyte Edge said:
Can someone please clear up this Soul Calibur stuff? EGM didn't actually say anything other than there would be information in the next issue, correct?

So why are there people already going nuts for "Soul Calibur III PSP" and "Soul Calibur PS3/360?"
I agree
Did People already forget about the Soul Calibur action game for the Wii?
Where are people getting this Soul Calibur for 360 and PS3. I would like this to happen but we will have to see.

the day EA gets an exclusive with the NBA is the day that i buy a gun and head to redwood city to murder a bunch of greedy execs.

seriously, that can't happen. i need nba 2k. anyone that loves basketball can't stand nba live, everybody knows that

Grecco

Chris Michael said:
oh snap

In terms of new SC games... I'm sure there's either a PSP game, or SCIV on PS3/360 (such as Sonic on PS3/360 while Wii got a spinoff).

So Wii is getting the better Soul Calibur game then? just like Sonic

No More Heroes, let's see...

- "No More Heroes stands out among Wii releases by being... well, a real game."
- With swordplay, the hight and angle of your swing will be more important than precise motion (guess that mean no 1-to-1).
- Wrestling inspired finishing moves performed with the Nunchuk.
- On-bike battles might happen.

Don't know ether or not any of this is new, but that's about it. There's also a little part that explains the main character and some of the story.

Matix

_leech_ said:
Rumors

- PaRappa the Rapper 3 for the PS3 is real.

Finally, combo this with the return UmJammer Lammy please.

- Silent Hill 5 is coming to the PS3 and 360 next year... but a new American team is going to make it, not the original Japanese team.

Uh oh?! Then again, SH: Origins seems to be back on the right track, so maybe theres hope (believe).

Review Scores - Playstation Portable
PQ2: Practical Intelligence Quotient: 9.5, 7.5, 9

Unexpected awesomeness!! For folks who may be interested in this game and have a PSP near by, check out the recently released JPN-Demo

Coming in the August 2007 Issue
- Wold exclusive preview of the new Soul Calibur games (yes, plural).

Most likely one of them will obviously be the already announced SC-Legends. I would be shocked if Namco is anywhere neared prepared to show a next-gen SC4 (especially seeing how Tekken 6 is turning out), so I'm putting my bets down on SC-Portable as well.

JDSN

Banned
_leech_ said:
No More Heroes, let's see...

- "No More Heroes stands out among Wii releases by being... well, a real game."
- With swordplay, the hight and angle of your swing will be more important than precise motion (guess that mean no 1-to-1).
- Wrestling inspired finishing moves performed with the Nunchuk.
- On-bike battles might happen.

Don't know ether or not any of this is new, but that's about it. There's also a little part that explains the main character and some of the story.

Thanks, the on-bike battle part is the only new thing.

Smokey Bones said:
Rumors
- EA looking to get the NBA licenses.

I swear to GOD if this shit happens I am done with gaming.

i don't want to have to settle for All-Pro Basketball 2K9 featuring Cedric Ceballos and Shawn Bradley.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Smokey Bones said:
Rumors

EA tried this before and the NBA struck them down. Live, 2K, Street, and Ballers makes way too much money for the NBA to accept this proposal.

disc

Banned
Kafel said:
I thought its creator said in an interview he wanted everyone to touch his game so it must be released on an affordable system aka the Wii.

I think Sony own the rights to PaRappa the Rapper so they could basically do whatever they want.

Steroyd

Kafel said:

Sony owns the IP...

You can't touch the game with the wii anyway.

Smokey

Agent Icebeezy said:
EA tried this before and the NBA struck them down. Live, 2K, Street, and Ballers makes way too much money for the NBA to accept this proposal.

I'm not putting anything pass the NBA or anybody these days.

The NBA2K series is my favorite sports series and NFL2K was before asshole EA did what they did. I was pissed, but bball is my 1st sport.

Stern better not allow this to happen.

It will be a worse backlash than Madden(well maybe not) because Live on next-gen systems is absolutely positively without a doubt in my mind some of the worst pieces of software that has been released in some time.

I'm beginning to think Akira Yamaoka has had Team Silent working on something totally absurd for 4 years. Parodius Remake, probably.

Tristam said:
This IS the July issue, though, isn't it?

Well I guess they've up and printed it, all the same.

You know that they write issues two months in advance, right? This issue was worked on in april. Right now they're working on their august issue, where all this e3 stuff will show up.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Would anyone who isn't a potential shill recommend an EGM subscription? After I end my relationship with NP later in the year I'm gonna need a new mag to keep me entertained at random times such as breakfast. :)

As for their SimCity remarks, if its anything like Theme Park then I'd say they are on the ball.

Xiaoki

milkham said:
Didn't Famitsu admit a couple months back that they review games based on expectations of their readers and not quality of the actual game?
Famitsu admitted they give good scores to games they think will have high sales.

Lindsay said:
Would anyone who isn't a potential shill recommend an EGM subscription?
Not in the least.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Smokey Bones said:
Rumors

I agree I can't see myself playing videogames if only NBA Live exists. Unless EA buys 2k sports to make NBA Live instead of EA Canada in addition to money hatting the NBA.

Aaron

Lindsay said:
Would anyone who isn't a potential shill recommend an EGM subscription? After I end my relationship with NP later in the year I'm gonna need a new mag to keep me entertained at random times such as breakfast. :)
This may be typecasting on my part, but judging by your tastes, you're probably better suited getting Play as a mag. It's a pretty good read, even if Dave throws out high scores like confetti.

Chris Michael said:
Is SCIII on PSP actually confirmed?
No...and I don't why many people here are acting like it is (or I missed something :lol).

Its EGM, it wouldn't surprise me to see 2 SC games in the end, the Wii one and a mobile one, or the Wii one and a SC3 re-release on PSN.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Smokey Bones said:
I'm not putting anything pass the NBA or anybody these days.

The NBA2K series is my favorite sports series and NFL2K was before asshole EA did what they did. I was pissed, but bball is my 1st sport.

Stern better not allow this to happen.

It will be a worse backlash than Madden(well maybe not) because Live on next-gen systems is absolutely positively without a doubt in my mind some of the worst pieces of software that has been released in some time.

Naw, Stern cares about his brand and he knows that the 2K series has been rated better than Live every year since it's inception.

Smokey

Agent Icebeezy said:
Naw, Stern cares about his brand and he knows that the 2K series has been rated better than Live every year since it's inception.

That's what I say man but you never know these days. Why don't they put NBA2k on the PSP? I've been wondering about this lately.

I know if they do it I'm buying a PSP the day they make the announcement.

Top Bottom