• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump claims Obama, other presidents never called families of fallen soldiers

POWs are cowards, Gold Star families are liars and can fuck off, and previous loser POTUS hated the troops bc they never called their families like I do.

It's amazing how often he defers to "that's what I was told" or "that's what I heard", as if it absolves him of any responsibility for what he says.

Or just repeats the same wrong fact over and over again if questioned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jhJdvIDALQ

"We don't have the votes because of a Senator in the hospital."

"Who's in the hospital?"

"There's a senator in the hospital."

"Are you talking about Tim Cochran?"

"We have a senator in the hospital so he can't vote."

He can't get even through thirty fucking seconds of acting empathetic.

There's always a twist of the shit-knife somewhere.

He can talk about Puerto Rico but has to bring up their debt.

Can't wait for him to make a statement about the fires in California and link to it Hillary via Weinstein.

Like Hannibal this guy is a derangement walking around in a human suit.

The right is totally going to laser-focus on his use of "most of them" and "lots of them" to call Democrats and the news liars for twisting Trump's words, aren't they?

gnomed

I maybe wrong, but no other president has also besmirched a fallen soldiers family that I know I heard of not too long ago; of course, I could be wrong.

Buckle

all of this coming from the mouth of mr. "John McCain is a loser cause he got caught".
Its amazing how we let so much slip through the cracks to get him into the white house.

What he did to the Khans, the disabled, calling immigrants rapists, his disgusting gloating about harrassing women, his entire shady history of lies and bullshit.

Shit that should have ended any campaign but America thought it would be funny if we put our racist grandpa into a position to destroy everything we worked for.

Great job, people who voted for Trump. Daily reminder for them to go fuck themselves.

I mean, who knows, maybe they actually did tell him that Obama never did, as a way of getting him to call.

I'd bet that no one told him that. This is just another example of Trump attempting to pat himself on the back, while more importantly attempting to get others to do the same, for doing something that's common for his position by pretending that he's the only one that does it.

teiresias

ixY7Gec.png

If he held her then he was there in person, therefore he didn't call her. Checkmate.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Wtf.

No, like seriously, wtf. I've never seen a President attack, tell lies about ppl in his own party before like this.

Why still back this clown?

I maybe wrong, but no other president has also besmirched a fallen soldiers family that I know I heard of not too long ago; of course, I could be wrong.

That's a good question.

And this fucker is always just making shit up every day and gets away with it and even gets 'elected'.

This is some really low shit. As expected of Trump.

Everyone working for Trump especially the former Generals who have sacrificed for this country, should be ashamed of themselves for allowing him to continue to speak out like this, produce falsehoods, and further divide the country with his lies and hate.

This. Everyone should be calling his ass out by now. Hell they should have been doing it since before the election of course, like Buckle said.

Kinyou

“President Obama, I think, probably did sometimes and maybe sometimes he didn’t,” Mr. Trump continued. “That’s what I was told. All I can do is ask my generals.”
Yep... That's exactly what you should discuss with generals....

I mean, who knows, maybe they actually did tell him that Obama never did, as a way of getting him to call.

He hasn't called, though.

He claims to have written letters that are not yet sent (which means some staffer scrambled to write letters this afternoon) and may call in the coming days.

I mean, he is literally the worst.

mrkgoo

trump doesn't know a thing: "most people don't know this thing"

trump doesn't do a thing: "most people don't do this thing"

Pretty much this.

I know people like this that are a never ending stream of excuses and "reasons".

Also, he's not supposed to be "most people" he's the fricking president of the US.

Mathieran

Banned
It's impressive how he continues to lower the bar when you can't think it can go lower on almost a daily basis. Truly an achievement no other president can claim.

Phreaker

I can't believe the way he says things with complete disregard for the truth and then claims that he's doing it better. He makes me sick

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
It's impressive how he continues to lower the bar when you can't think it can go lower on almost a daily basis. Truly an achievement no other president can claim.
"I've accomplished more in nine months than any other President"

I feel shitty because this isn't making me feel as outraged as I should be. I really shouldn't be used to a sitting president being a lying bastard.

mrkgoo

I'd bet that no one told him that. This is just another example of Trump attempting to pat himself on the back, while more importantly attempting to get others to do the same, for doing something that's common for his position by pretending that he's the only one that does it.
I reckon he has advisors and his advisors were wrong, or even more likely, he heard what e wanted to hear and his own inarticualtion makes it come across as a hard fact.

Confident and arrogant people are used to asserting their opinion or interpretations that way. In normal situations, it comes across as just being assertive and confident of your own views. But situations that require sensitivity and complete honesty, it doesn't work.

Additionally, a decent person will listen to advice or counsel and NOT blame them when they choose to follow said advice. A decent person always accepts responsibility for their own actions, even if they are based on other people's information because ultimately, you choose who and what you take to heart.

Trump is not that kind of person.

It's amazing how often he defers to "that's what I was told" or "that's what I heard", as if it absolves him of any responsibility for what he says.

It's literally the go to racist family member excuse when you call them out on their shit. "It's what I heard"... Fuck off.

“I asked my generals”

I thought you knew more than the generals.

Putrid pile of pig shit. Wish we could just fire him out of a cannon into the sun. I don’t care how much “worse” Pence would be, I’m tired of having a president who constantly brings shame and embarrassment to even the basic decorum of the office.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
As I've said before: if something were to happen to him I would shed no tears.

Wonder what the right wing spin on this one will be. Especially after the whole "honoring the military" thing.

The “truth” is whatever their orange Cheeto leader says it is.

If Trump declares the Earth is flat tomorrow Fox and Breitbart will run with it.

What they don’t want is “liberal” outlets publishing the truth aka anything that upsets their narrative and makes them feel stupid and insecure.

This post truth world is terrifying.

mrkgoo

I know people like this and it pisses me off to no end. They ask for advice, or information, which is fine, but they blame them when that advice turns out not to their liking - you should ask for opinions and counsel, but ultimately it is your decision int eh end to follow that advice or not, and you cannot hold people liable. It's like they aren't really asking for help, they're just looking for an out incase things go south.

I still think Trump has his advisors, and they simply tend to be wrong, and he;'s the one that looks like a doofus, but his huge ego cannot admit to making a bad call, so he throws his sources under the bus.

Top Bottom