• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Rumor: Battlefield 4 details leak from EA China [Up: Seemingly Real]

scently

If they can get BF4 to 1080p/60fps, at launch, all the while looking better than COD, they might close the gap between the two brands considerably and maybe become the premier shooter next gen. Getting FB2 ready so early might pay dividend for EA. Suffice to say, all this depends on the graphics and performance target of the next COD on next gen hardware and obviously how good both games play.

You think if Activision launches a new COD with the PS4 and Nextbox it will even have a new engine with visuals that can rival KZ4 and BF4? Or will they just take the maxed out PC version of MW4(or whatever it turns out to be) and throw it on the PS4/Nextbox. If Activision takes that route, do you think early adopters to next gen systems will care and go for BF4/KZ4 instead or get COD just because it's COD?

belvedere

Junior Butler
Where is the confirmation on this? The new link in the OP says it might not be 100% accurate.

edit: guess I should read up on the other EA conf thread

From the conf call the comment seemed more like a generalization, not specific to BF4, but the next generation.

J-Rzez

I'm all for SP getting nixed for full focus on MP. They could put in a "boot camp" to allow people to test out the vehicles and certain weapons to get a grasp on them, but SP in these games (not just BF3) is terrible most of the time in "modern warfare" games. Unless they can capture the "Black Hawk Down" feel, then forget it.

I'm surprised we haven't seen BF4 yet. I was thinking EA would love to get the jump on Activision like Sony did to MS. GDC is up next right? Perhaps there.

I'm all for SP getting nixed for full focus on MP. They could put in a "boot camp" to allow people to test out the vehicles and certain weapons to get a grasp on them, but SP in these games (not just BF3) is terrible most of the time in "modern warfare" games. Unless they can capture the "Black Hawk Down" feel, then forget it.

I'm surprised we haven't seen BF4 yet. I was thinking EA would love to get the jump on Activision like Sony did to MS. GDC is up next right? Perhaps there.

EA/DICE isn't going to show of BF4 until the final BF3 expansion has been released (sometime in March, no date(s) yet).

Taking that into account, I think there is a strong possibility of BF4 being shown off when MS shows the new Xbox.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Any mention of always online, which I believe was rumoured at one point.

I'm pretty sure this part means always online: "Lasgana: auto login, need internet all time, support cloud saves".

At the Morgan Stanley conference, EA talked up the great new possibilities with always-on gaming so...

Lakitu

st5fu
Couldn't give two shits about the single-player, I agree though they should go the Battlefield 2 Xbox route and just make it a large area and you can approach any given objective how you want.

I just care about the multi-player. Wondering how awesome it's going to be if they're utilising 80% of Frostbite 2, 1080p and 60fps. They could do some crazy shit.

RoKKeR

If BF4 comes out guns blazing at 1080p/60fps with 64 players right at release, it could be huge for the franchise going into next gen.

RoKKeR

I just care about the multi-player. Wondering how awesome it's going to be if they're utilising 80% of Frostbite 2, 1080p and 60fps. They could do some crazy shit.
Graphically, I'm expecting to be blown away. I mean, BF3 still looks absolutely amazing. This is a shot I took yesterday. Granted it was for the bullshot thread so it was at 25fps, but still...

BWl.png

BF4 utilizing 50% more of FB2? It should be incredible.

legacyzero

Banned
Saying they cant do a competent single player is a cop out IMO.

There's no reason they cant get a decent writer to pen an awesome campaign.

antitrop

Graphically, I'm expecting to be blown away. I mean, BF3 still looks absolutely amazing. This is a shot I took yesterday. Granted it was for the bullshot thread so it was at 25fps, but still...
That's about the same FPS that Battlefield 3 ran on consoles at 1280x704.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So will the 8gb gddr5 help reduce jaggies? I'm excited for console versions not being super gimped anymore.

Not the RAM but something like SMAA 2x, which doesn't have all that much of a performance hit, works really well at 1080p. There are several good AA solutions that will work well with next gen GPUs.

Jack_AG

Banned
Not the RAM but something like SMAA 2x, which doesn't have all that much of a performance hit, works really well at 1080p. There are several good AA solutions that will work well with next gen GPUs.
Here's hoping they dont defer AA again - I hate video latency.

antitrop

Make it multiplayer-only, and I'll bite. But most likely they will waste resources on another terrible single-player campaign.
Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Modern Warfare 3 allowed me to realize that Battlefield 3's campaign wasn't as bad as I initially thought it was.

Those two games make BF3 seem Award-worthy in comparison.

niiiiice. That's my only major complaint asides from gimped player counts and map sizes. It was a jag fest.

1 year of development and catering to the CoD crowd...

This is looking like a pass for me. I don't want to have to pay for Premium again to fund the true development of the game, since it appears its release will serve as veiled beta testing.

Biggzy

A good plus point of using a 1080p buffer is that you don't have to use as agressive AA solutions to produce a nice clean image.

Prologue

All we need now is a somewhat improved version of GTA on the next gen consoles (bump in graphics or fps). Then it will truly be gaming bliss this holiday season for both consoles :)

I kinda wish they'd do selectable factions this time, similar to MOH but not "Good vs Good"
Blue Team "Good Guys"=US, UK, Germany, France, Canada, Japan(If China is in)
Red Team "Bad Guys"=Russia, China, Iran, etc

So if im on the blue team and my selected faction is US and I pilot a helicopter it will be a Blackhawk or Apache/Cobra
drive a tank it will appear to everyone as an Abrams.
For countries with the same vehicles, give them different paintjobs.

After the DLC they pretty much had all the guns needed to have starting kits for each country.

I'd like to think this is through game modes and not through overall game design. CoD is the king for something you want to pick up for 30 mins and achieve a feeling of accomplishment.

More maps for Scavenger and CQ-DM is technically all they need there.

Lakitu

st5fu
Should at least have good training areas for helicopters.

This is a must IMO and Jets. I mean now I'm well versed in both but you had to either do co-op to learn how to use helicopters or die numerous times trying to learn them in multiplayer.

This is a must IMO and Jets. I mean now I'm well versed in both but you had to either do co-op to learn how to use helicopters or die numerous times trying to learn them in multiplayer.

Absolutely true.

They need a training area just like Battlefield 1942 on XBL and i'll be happy.

Effect

No Wii U?

yikes

I honestly don't think anyone should get any hopes up for future content from EA on the Wii U. It just looks like EA has decided, based on what they've been saying in interviews,etc, it doesn't need nor care about Nintendo.

I really doubt I'll bother with BF4 as a result but I am really curious as to what it's going to look like. I have enjoyed BF3 a lot more then I have MW3/BO2.

Top Bottom