• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

brinstar

I didn't catch that that was Charlyne Yi in the last scene, who plays Ruby in Steven Universe, whose character in Twin Peaks is also named Ruby lol

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't catch that that was Charlyne Yi in the last scene, who plays Ruby in Steven Universe, whose character in Twin Peaks is also named Ruby lol

Oh, had no idea she played a Steven Universe character! That's pretty cool. Quite the change of mood between shows hehe.

Flipyap

On rewatch, of all things for me to have a hard time with- James walking up to a married woman with her husband sitting right there and saying that "he likes her", like what the hell James? Maybe my most disliked scene so far from the season, and in hindsight it seems contrived to just land the boys in jail where the story needs them next.
I'm a James apologist (a James-has-always-been-cool truther) and even I couldn't stand him this time. It was sad seeing that 21st century Lynch can no longer make movie magic happen and make it seem like James Marshall could act.

It also sucked seeing Bobby basically not acknowledge James's existence, as if he was locking up some random punk. There's such a good character dynamic that could be mined there, but nope, there's no room for that on this show.

Yeah, the complete lack of acknowledgement between Bobby and James was a little jarring.

Even a little "Thought it would have been the other way round" type of quip from one of them, or even Hawk, would have sufficed. But nothing.

Mr. Lutz Nutz getting shot looked terrible.

120v

It also sucked seeing Bobby basically not acknowledge James's existence, as if he was locking up some random punk. There's such a good character dynamic that could be mined there, but nope, there's no room for that on this show.

did they ever really talk to each other during the first two seasons though? they were never buds or anything

Joohanh

I really liked the last episode, although the James bar scene was very silly. They already established that the green glove is a lethal weapon. James has no doubts about it either. Then they proceed to go to a bar, pick on a woman whose husband is sitting beside her and punch him and his friends with the said glove when the inevitable fight ensues.

And then James says some shit like "oh god i didn't mean this to happen". what :D

When we first saw James didn't a character say about him that he had a motorcycle accident? Explains the acting and dubious plot decisions!

As someone who's kind of hated this new season I really liked the past two episodes. Not enough to turn around my opinion on all the dreadful Dougie rubbish but I'm at least invested again.

Kind of felt when Janey-E was screaming at Dougie putting the fork in the outlet that it was a scream of anguish because their perfect life is coming to an end, not because it looked like a suicide. The dream is ending like Mulholland Dr.

Daffy Duck

Had an awesome dream last night about Cooper waking up.

I bet it plays out nothing like it in the show though.

One thing I thought though last night, and I might be wrong, but Evil Cooper sent a text message saying Las Vegas? Didn't Dianne receive this message a few episodes ago?

hamchan

It sure is something that Bobby is the one putting James in jail now when back in the pilot Bobby and Mike were the ones barking at James from those same cells.

EDIT: This made me look up the international pilot ending out of curiosity and found what sounds like the weird humming from the Great Northern that Ben Horne heard and that James heard in the furnace room, while BOB is talking:

https://youtu.be/MLrwVk7ywqo?t=323

Flipyap

did they ever really talk to each other during the first two seasons though? they were never buds or anything
Of course they weren't. Bobby, that little shit, kept fantasizing about killing James, which is why it would be really interesting to see them interact when so much has changed for one of them.
They wouldn't even have to talk, just keep the camera rolling, give those two a fraction of the time spent on showing a random dude sweeping the floor and you'd get a pretty hard-hitting, worthwhile scene.

WriterGK

I think there is absolutely nothing that can still destroy this season for me. Not even another episode 12 like episode. Its been magnificent all out.

Goldmund

The next episode will show Chantal and Hutch creeping down Lancelot Court. They spot a brightly lit red door and pull into the drive way. The camera stays on the car. We hear gunshots and the screams of a man, a woman and multiple children as the camera begins to slowly pan to the other side of the street, showing us the opposite house, the lights blown out from Dougie's fork play, faintly outlined against the surrounding darkness. Chantal slams the door shut. Cut to a head jerked upwards in darkness. Cut back to her and Hutch's eyes meeting as they blurt out, unisono, "Piece of cake!". Cut to what we now assume is Dougie still lying on the floor, hugged by a weeping, trembling Janey-E, mumbling "Piece of ... cake." His head drops back to the floor. Starring Kyle MacLachlan.

Corpsepyre

Banned
It's totally possible BOB is now dwelling in The Great Northern, and possessed James when he went to check up on the place an episode back.

I stopped watching this trailer after 10 seconds since there were other things on Youtube at that point. The only way I would even bother watching the rest would be Morgan returning but it sounds like that won't happen and likely never will. Even if it did, we get three measly fucking hours of him or less? Might as well not even bother as it would be a joke at that point.

For me, The Good Life is as good as dead. This is the last post I'll make in this thread out of respect for people who do want the game and don't want to see arguments in here.

P.S. SWERY can go fuck himself with his bullshit

I stopped watching this trailer after 10 seconds since there were other things on Youtube at that point. The only way I would even bother watching the rest would be Morgan returning but it sounds like that won't happen and likely never will. Even if it did, we get three measly fucking hours of him or less? Might as well not even bother as it would be a joke at this point.

For me, The Good Life is as good as dead. This is the last post I'll make in this thread out of respect for people who do want the game and don't want to see arguments in here.

You brilliant, beautiful bastard, you. Bravo. LOL.

WriterGK

I stopped watching this trailer after 10 seconds since there were other things on Youtube at that point. The only way I would even bother watching the rest would be Morgan returning but it sounds like that won't happen and likely never will. Even if it did, we get three measly fucking hours of him or less? Might as well not even bother as it would be a joke at that point.

Okay, good bye.

hughesta

Banned

lol, took me a second. Good stuff.

Masterful!

I'm proud of you for this post.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!

Made me laugh.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

God dammit hahaha.

Levito

Banned

Someone please give Net_wrecker a medal please

double-gif-11.gif

LProtag

I think now I can almost maybe just safely say "I can't wait for Cooper to come back next episode" in a non-ironic way.

What a day.

Solo

I think now I can almost maybe just safely say "I can't wait for Cooper to come back next episode" in a non-ironic way.

What a day.

The funny thing is that I can EASILY see episode 16 not featuring Coop at all, and then Ep. 17 opens with him back in the Red Room after being sucked into the socket.

LProtag

The funny thing is that I can EASILY see episode 16 not featuring Coop at all, and then Ep. 17 opens with him back in the Red Room after being sucked into the socket.

We've been fairly Cooper-lite these past handful of episodes, so I don't think that'll be the case.

Solo

The other thing too is that while it appears we are finally getting Cooper back, I still think there are going to be those disappointed by what we get - I can't imagine that a Cooper who has seen some shit and experienced what he has in the past 25 years is going to come back out the other side the same bubbly, wide-eyed optimist he once was.

Rien

Jelly Belly
I really dont give he fuck if he comes back or not. Just give me more of that episode 8 and the last episode kettle shit. I love that weirdnes.

jstripes

Banned

I couldn't help but get distinct Log Lady vibes out of her, which lines up with the events of this episode. This show can be so confusing.

TheKeyPit

Banned
The other thing too is that while it appears we are finally getting Cooper back, I still think there are going to be those disappointed by what we get - I can't imagine that a Cooper who has seen some shit and experienced what he has in the past 25 years is going to come back out the other side the same bubbly, wide-eyed optimist he once was.
He didn't have to be in there for 25 years.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
maybe Coop gets sucked into the socket to have the talk with the Fireman we see in Part 1, who teleports him to JRP on 10/2 at 2:53 where he is found by Truman and co.

or Janey-E takes him to the hospital making it easier for the Blue Rose crew to find him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom