• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

You will stumble (and all of that yada yada), but WB will never join you in the sun. Locked up in that Bat darkness.

No. not yada yada, you should take that stuff seriously.

I have that as a mantra. It really helps.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
No. not yada yada, you should take that stuff seriously.

I have that as a mantra. It really helps.

This is what it comes down to, we some sort of....Superman fanclub?

I resist, damn you.

IconGrist

This is what it comes down to, we some sort of....Superman fanclub?

I resist, damn you.

Batman's on his way out, INST. Embrace the
superman.png

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Batman's on his way out, INST. Embrace the
superman.png

Where is that Chris Evans/MoS laughing gif when you need it.

WB all about that Batfleck now. And deep in your heart, you know it to be true.

Yager

Banned

One day, one fucking day, Superman is gonna show everybody how wrong they were about him. I just hope to be alive when that day comes.

IconGrist

hqdefault.jpg

You cut so deep, INST.

In other news, I'm downloading Injustice: Gods Among Us to brush up.

Yager

Banned
hqdefault.jpg

You cut so deep, INST.

In other news, I'm downloading Injustice: Gods Among Us to brush up.

At least we Supesbros can say we've got the best superhero theme. And you've just reminded me I've yet to finish the story mode of Injustice.

They can... and they do. This is the best way to get your Batman vs Superman reasoning and the backstory behind is really cool. It's a video game, we've had heroes fight villains for 80 years.

You can't without answering why he can't just fly anywhere he wants or crash through buildings... that type of freedom and power is hell on game design. Unless you de-power him for some dumb reason, which is also stupid and not muh Superman.

I remember talking about this with friends years ago. Best way we settled on is Brainiac "bottles" Metropolis, and the conceit is, it reverts to its natural state every day. So the open world is literally contained by walls, and you can smash buildings without it being permanent. Basically Supes in a Groundhog Day scenario. Additionally we talked about the dumb final boss being the shrunken Superman fighting the relatively giant Brainiac. Something out of Mister Mosquito and Shadow of the Colossus.

Ahasverus

I remember talking about this with friends years ago. Best way we settled on is Brainiac "bottles" Metropolis, and the conceit is, it reverts to its natural state every day. So the open world is literally contained by walls, and you can smash buildings without it being permanent. Basically Supes in a Groundhog Day scenario. Additionally we talked about the dumb final boss being the shrunken Superman fighting the relatively giant Brainiac. Something out of Mister Mosquito and Shadow of the Colossus.
This is a great idea. Kandor works too.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Just a quick question, which one of you is using Chrome? What are the default font settings? Mine is fucked up, reset won't help. Just need to know if I have the correct fonts configured.

strafer

Just a quick question, which one of you is using Chrome? What are the default font settings? Mine is fucked up, reset won't help. Just need to know if I have the correct fonts configured.

I have Chrome. How do you check font settings?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Fixed it, so dumb. Ohh well.

Kinda boring without any news, I hoped they would continue going the other way and shoot on location like they did with BvS/SS/WW. Shooting on a soundstage gives us less news/photos and I just like it when they still try do to do it practically.

shingi70

Banned
Which is crazy cause Hamill is on fire in Arkham.

The Injustice and watch dogs threads are embarrassing. We just had 5 months of SFV coverage of why pandering to the FGC is bad, and now Injustice 2 sucks going for the mainstream market.

So weird.

Loxley

The Injustice and watch dogs threads are embarrassing. We just had 5 months of SFV coverage of why pandering to the FGC is bad, and now Injustice 2 sucks going for the mainstream market.

So weird.

It's E3 time so everyone on gaming side's emotions are super running high I guess, the typical internet hyperbole is usually off the charts around this time of the year.

Tabby

So weird.
I do not get the hate for CGI. It's not like E3 isn't around the corner and they won't show anything. Like chill ya'll.

ya'll should read the Injustice Comics if you haven't already, atleast the first and second years.

That trailer pretty hype, but I found it funny that Superman couldn't tag the Flash but Batman could. That slow roster drizzle is going to suck, ofc the core leaguers are in there, hope they keep Shazam/Black Adam (seems likely with his movie) and include J'onn baseline this time around.

So weird.

I would assume a healthy balance between the two is what people ask for

Firemind

Watching the Injustice 2 trailer, I still don't understand how Flash can withstand Superman's punches without breaking his bones. He has super speed, not invulnerability.

MisterHero

Watching the Injustice 2 trailer, I still don't understand how Flash can withstand Superman's punches without breaking his bones. He has super speed, not invulnerability.
Speed Force prevents Flash from exploding when he himself vibrates or vibrates through solid objects. Infinite metabolism = infinite healing too

or something

Infinite Mass Punch? Superman held a black hole once

In the overall comic verse probably the Speedforce, or Barry vibrating his molecules. Injustice can have you make the Joker or any non-superpowered character whoop Superman's indestructible ass so I guess logic of video games.

Firemind

It's the superpills. Same reason Batman can tank a bodyblow from Supes, and GA could go toe to toe with Wondy.
At least with Batman, he wears powered armor when he goes toe to toe with Superman, so I can somewhat suspend my disbelief. Kind of like how Iron Man's suit can absorb blows.

The Flash just wears spandex. I'm sorry, but that doesn't mean he should visibly be seen hurt. If he does have the power to change the properties of his molecules, then have Superman's punches hit air since I assume he can make himself gaseous.

At least with Batman, he wears powered armor when he goes toe to toe with Superman, so I can somewhat suspend my disbelief. Kind of like how Iron Man's suit can absorb blows.

The Flash just wears spandex. I'm sorry, but that doesn't mean he should visibly be seen hurt. If he does have the power to change the properties of his molecules, then have Superman's punches hit air since I assume he can make himself gaseous.

Uh... no, it's got nothing to do with his powers. Again, superpills. Alfred wrecked Superman with 'em. Enhanced strength and durability. I'm assuming that the effect carries over into Injustice 2, with the armor acting as a sort of arms race/escalation.

a916

If DC is smart, they'll pay homage to all the previous Flash's... like Flash running through the speed force and you see all the previous actors who've played him.

We know Flash can cross dimensions and we know Grant isn't going to be the Flash in this movie, but at least tip your hat to them. It'll do nothing but earn you good will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom