• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Japan: Yoshi plushie and SMB decoration tape now available

AdanVC

Dat Yoshie plushie <3

Found this hidden on the site!

KqSFgCk.jpg

I ain't even upset about NOA rewards

Dat hidden message omg.

Ugh, it's already out of stock.

I have 325 points and nothing worth buying on there. Everything on Club Nintendo JP is really expensive and you get way fewer points per game/system purchased plus the games are way more expensive new. I guess it's good there are more physical rewards there, but everyone bitching about Club Nintendo America doesn't realize how much nicer it is in some ways than the JP one.

What gives?! I want the washi tape and the Yoshi!!! I'm still trying to save for the Animal Crossing: New Leaf posters.

I got my pouch in on Monday, though. <3 It's much better than the Mario ones they had because it has a little bit of cushion to protect my 3DS XL. The Mario ones did not.

VpbLKG2.jpg

I have 325 points and nothing worth buying on there. Everything on Club Nintendo JP is really expensive and you get way fewer points per game/system purchased plus the games are way more expensive new. I guess it's good there are more physical rewards there, but everyone bitching about Club Nintendo America doesn't realize how much nicer it is in some ways than the JP one.
This.

Another thing that makes this so is on the Japanese system games depreciate in point value really quickly.

This.

Another thing that makes this so is on the Japanese system games depreciate in point value really quickly.

And the point cards expire really quickly. We tried to steal some of my father-in-law's point cards for DS/3DS games, most of which are only a few years old. He had dozens of unused point cards but they were all expired. :'(

true, but the Mario ones were reversible :p

(not that anyone actually reversed them probably)

They are...I have the red and the blue. But, the inside color is really light that it will get dirty easily, so I never flip 'em inside out. I'd rather have the protection, even if it's not really good. I don't want my Limited Edition XL to get ugly. I need one of those clear cases....

rjc571

Banned
Who needs a Yoshi plushie when NA Club Nintendo owners can download Yoshi, the "amazing" NES puzzle game, for just 200 coins? Huh? Huh?

*cries*

extralite

Just saw this on Nintendo Everything:

Yoshi Plushie (650 points)

Super Mario Bros. Decoration Tape (250 points)

That Yoshi plushie...

Both are out of stock currently... The deco tape is 200 points btw, according to the site.

cn.jpg

I have like 1015 points and I need to spend 10 or they will expire by November, lol.

Who knows? Maybe Club Nintendo in the US will release a similar one with Yarn Yoshi, holding a ball of yarn when Yoshi's Woolly World releases.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Discovered the Yoshi plush & tape about an hour after seeing the US platinum rewards. Man, why couldn't that be the reward? Heck, even the tape, for being a cheaper reward, is still kind of cool.

Maybe we'll get extremely lucky & get that plush or something similar when Yoshi's Woolly World comes out. Edit:

Who knows? Maybe Club Nintendo in the US will release a similar one with Yarn Yoshi, holding a ball of yarn when Yoshi's Woolly World releases.
Yes, this would be awesome.

Just wish I could figure out a way to use the 3 codes I got way back with my imports of the Ouendan games & Jump Ultimate Stars. Wonder how much they're even worth.

What gives?! I want the washi tape and the Yoshi!!! I'm still trying to save for the Animal Crossing: New Leaf posters.

I got my pouch in on Monday, though. <3 It's much better than the Mario ones they had because it has a little bit of cushion to protect my 3DS XL. The Mario ones did not.

VpbLKG2.jpg

The pouches fit the XL? I might have to order one then!

Jeels

Man I would be happy if that Plush were a Plat reward, let alone available on their store. What is causing the difference in quality between the regions?

Discovered the Yoshi plush & tape about an hour after seeing the US platinum rewards. Man, why couldn't that be the reward? Heck, even the tape, for being a cheaper reward, is still kind of cool.

I agree. I actually have a collection of Washi Tape (decorative tape). I use it to put around my chargers, so that they are not to be confused with my hubby's. I would rather have gaming ones. You can do so much with them.

Maybe we'll get extremely lucky & get that plush or something similar when Yoshi's Woolly World comes out.

S7foYKC.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm not having any luck finding a page on the JPN Club Nintendo site about eligible games or how many points games for each system are worth. Anyone know of a page/link or how much DS games give you?

Foffy

Banned
The first is the perfect gift for Jeff Gerstmann, the second the ideal gift for psychopaths with lingering feelings for Nintendo (so again Jeff Gerstmann, but only after getting his first gift).

(All kidding aside, thanks for the update OP!)

Does Jeff not Yoshi? I know he hates Yoshi's Island....

I need to activate a Japanese club Nintendo account. I've been buying all these games on the eshop without one. What is wrong with me?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather have the games to be honest than a plushie or wrapping paper tape, both of which are pretty useless.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Dang, never mind then. Sucks for the people that bought it thinking it was the real deal.

Yeah, I wish more people thought about the price + rarity and being "too good of a price" isn't always a good thing.

As someone who collects Pokemon merch, I know all too well about the market. Another scary thing about bootlegs (even for people who don't care about something being authentic) are the horror stories I've heard. Both bootlegs and factory rejects (stolen by workers) have known to contain sewing needles stuck in them, and cheap material used for stuffing, including newspapers and in one story, dirty, used bandages. I'm not even kidding.

Buy at your own risk :/ And don't expect a quality product, either (although some bootlegs now can be very convincing).

RPGCrazied

Not that I'm really into Yoshi, but how come NoA couldn't get this other than the digital games?

Got to save dat penny I guess.

Top Bottom