• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pixar Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oozer3993

Ed Catmull: "Say John, you know all these neat little Easter eggs we put in our movies referencing our other movies?"
John Lasseter: "Yeah."
Ed Catmull: "You don't think some one will use those to create some wacked out theory about how all our movies are connected, do you?"
John Lasseter: "Of course not. That would be crazy!"

Log4Girlz

Ed Catmull: "Say John, you know all these neat little Easter eggs we put in our movies referencing our other movies?"
Ed Catmull: "You don't think some one will use those to create some wacked out theory about how all our movies are connected, do you?"

Just crazy enough to work.

Toa TAK

Banned

LOL

This was honestly my first thought when I was reading this.

cayulinson

Neo Member
it's really weird this theory, but in some facts, make sense.

if im bored some day, i will watch the movies in order...lol

Ahasverus

Summary:

-Brave marks the beginning of the magic age when animals and objects become sentient, also, the witch in the movie travels through doors.
-Ratatouille gets to the time when animals now sentient since centuries ago start experimenting human characteristics.
-UP is the time when humans know that animals "know" things, the device that the dog carries around is the first one to understand animals language. Also, the company called BNL appears for the first time.
-Nemo just gives us an example of a non so sentient animal (Dory) in a world of intelligent ones.
-The Incredibles has that droid giant thing that seems to be very intelligent, also the hero-killing airplane. The machines are supposedly becoming hostile.
-Toy Story shows the resentment from innanimate objects, but also show that they need the human life to live (as toys need a nearby human to be alive). BNL appears again as a giant corporation.
-Animals and objects make a planet of the apes revolution and try to destroy humans, humans use machines to win the war (that's the reason why no other animal is seen after TS2).
-In Wall-E humans are long gone from the planet as the BnL corporation (supposedly a machine corporation) go them out fot stopping the pollution of the planet caused for unbalance, machines now serve their purpose as human slaves, yet they control the planet while there are no humans around (as seen in CARS and PLANES (?)).
-Oil runs out and with no humans the machines die, that's why the world is barren in Wall-E.
-Wall-E saves the humans as he's still emotionally attached to them thanks to his history fascinations.
-The tree at the end of Wall-E is the tree from A Bug's Life, supposedly centuries have passed.
-In A Bug's Life the animals are already 100 in full human mode.
-Animals, machines and humans live in harmony for many years and so...
-Monsters are born by the mix of the three races (!)
-Monsters Inc happens in the far distant future of earth.
-As humans are now extinct, but humans are the source of their energy they create doors for TIME TRAVELLING
-That's "evidenced" by a truck in Monsters Inc being the same as in A Bug's Life but in the latter is destroyed.
-The thing is, Boo is spposedly the "Brave" witch that somehow learned the secrets of "door travel" and taht is supposedly evidenced by a carving of Sully in a piece of wood in her workshop, she also has a pizza planet truck, and the way she dissapears is because she uses the doors for time travel.

Tadaa..!

Toa TAK

Banned
Summary

@Summary:
Brave marks the beginning of the magic age when animals and objects become sentient, also, the witch in the movie travels through doors.
Ratatouille gets to the time when animals now sentient since centuries ago start experimenting human characteristics.
UP is the time when humans know that animals "know" things, the device that the dog carries around is the first one to understand animals language. Also, the company called BNL appears for the first time.
Nemo just gives us an example of a non so sentient animal (Dory) in a world of intelligent ones.
The Incredibles has that droid giant thing that seems to be very intelligent, also the hero-killing airplane. The machines are supposedly becoming hostile.
Toy Story shows the resentment from innanimate objects, but also show that they need the human life to live (as toys need a nearby human to be alive). BNL appears again as a giant corporation.
Animals and objects make a planet of the apes revolution and try to destroy humans, humans use machines to win the war (that's the reason why no other animal is seen after TS2).
In Wall-E humans are long gone from the planet as the BnL corporation (supposedly a machine corporation) go them out fot stopping the pollution of the planet caused for unbalance, machines now serve their purpose as human slaves, yet they control the planet while there are no humans around (as seen in CARS and PLANES (?)).
Oil runs out and with no humans the machines die, that's why the world is barren in Wall-E.
Wall-E saves the humans as he's still emotionally attached to them thanks to his history fascinations.
The tree at the end of Wall-E is the tree from A Bug's Life, supposedly centuries have passed.
In A Bug's Life the animals are already 100 in full human mode.
Animals, machines and humans live in harmony for many years and so...
Monsters are born by the mix of the three races (!)
Monsters Inc happens in the far distant future of earth.
As humans are now extinct, but humans are the source of their energy they create doors for TIME TRAVELLING
That's "evidenced" by a truck in Monsters Inc being the same as in A Bug's Life but in the latter is destroyed.
The thing is, Boo is spposedly the "Brave" witch that somehow learned the secrets of "door travel" and taht is supposedly evidenced by a carving of Sully in a piece of wood in her workshop, she also has a pizza planet truck, and the way she dissapears is because she uses the doors for time travel.

Tadaa..!

I think you need to work on your tl;dr version.

Ahasverus

Boo is the witch from brave and creates the magic that makes innanimate objects and animals sentient (whose energy depends on humans) and that causes a rebellion against humans that make them almost extinct, kil the whole planet and then they are reunited again in a new race called monsters that create doors for time travelling to get energy, so boo discovers the door magic and the cycle starts again...?

Toa TAK

Banned
Boo is the witch from brave and creates the magic that makes innanimate objects and animals sentient (whose energy depends on humans) and that causes a rebellion against humans that make them almost extinct, kil the whole planet and then they are reunited again in a new race called monsters that create doors for time travelling to get energy, so boo discovers the door magic and the cycle starts again...?

Eh...

You know, it's probably more of an issue with the actual theory than it is you.

But you still can't condense that?

How do the bugs from A Bug's Life have human trash if humans have been gone for centuries? Sorry, but a cardboard cereal box won't last that long.

Man, John Lassiter insists that these worlds don't collide. Hence, the Toy Box in Infinity where this is allowed. Maybe a few do like Bugs Life and Toy Story (which this writer fails to call out the bugs cameo in part 2 Thus ruining a big chunk of this theory. )

Toa TAK

Banned
How do the bugs from A Bug's Life have human trash if humans have been gone for centuries? Sorry, but a cardboard cereal box won't last that long.

But what about the waterbottles, "forever in a landfill" and all that?

YOU TELLIN ME THOSE COMMERSHALS WERE LIES?

The best part of that site was this exchange in the comments:

Niggaronay July 11, 2013 at 10:37 am · · Reply →
This seems like there are a lot more dots to connect, and I recognize things as I watch Pixar movies that always allude to other Pixar movies (none that I can think of right now). Good work, mate!

Jon Negroni July 11, 2013 at 10:41 am · · Reply →
…Your username is similar to my last name (Negroni). Intentional? Also, thanks!

Anonymous July 12, 2013 at 12:03 am · ·
lmao his name is “nigga ronnie”

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Fuuuuck .. i just spent 15 minutes reading the entire thing.

right up there with "squall is dead" in terms of theories that make too much sense but you know can't be how the developers intended it.

qindarka

Banned
Fuuuuck .. i just spent 15 minutes reading the entire thing.

right up there with "squall is dead" in terms of theories that make too much sense but you know can't be how the developers intended it.

These theories don't make sense at all. The explanations are very forced. And of course, what kills it is the lack of intent.

Jubern

I don't really believe any of this, but it was a really fun read.

I just see it as them putting tons of cameo and doing some tie-ins for shits and giggles..

JCreasy

tumblr_m7us2z0OlP1r60v6do1_500.gif

Cth

They've been doing this for years.. I like the new one.

Here's the old one that was made before they knew about Toy Story 3.

PixarUnifiedTheory1263726708687.jpg

wildfire

Banned
Now I know the canonical order I should watch Pixar movies.

But I think Brave should be an Epilogue for Monsters Inc. instead of a prequel for everything else ;)

No. That was almost perfect. Just some spelling errors and small inaccuracies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom