• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

I've got a few gaffers, but wouldn't mind some more for leaderboard times.

GT: Ravensmash

Now, it's gone midnight and I have class at some point tomorrow - but I'm hungry and reading this thread is making me crave some Trials too.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Finished the extreme tournament with 727 faults in 46 minutes. That was only the second time I finished some of those tracks, but still, that was pretty terrible.

Unfortunately the NEOGAF TRIALS account friends list is full. My gamertag is tfg9000 if anyone wants to add me. So far I have gone through most of the tracks. Haven't really focused on getting great times, but that will come soon!

J-P

Neo Member
Sorry for not accepting any multiplayer invites to any of you that sent me one. I have limited time to play when I'm on and dont want to quit in the middle of a race. Having fun competing for fatest times.

GT: MASOCHIST 187

atomsk

Party Pooper
If you had told me when HD came out that one day I would platinum an Extreme track I would have said you were insane

I suppose I should really be thanking the tweaked physics/bike but still, feels good man

Daigoro

i played multiplayer for about 4 hours straight last night. it is really fun.

i was totally asleep at the wheel on those last few races. had to force myself to turn the xbox off.

If you had told me when HD came out that one day I would platinum an Extreme track I would have said you were insane

I suppose I should really be thanking the tweaked physics/bike but still, feels good man

you never plat'd Brown Boxes or Groundhog?

Played split screen this evening with my partner, her sister, and their mother (mid-50s). Her mom had never played a game on the XBox before. She was just roaring with laughter at all the different ways her dude crashed. Eventually she got pretty good at controlling the bike.

Good times.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Got my gold in Gigatrack, but not a no fault run unfortunately. I had 3 faults. Using the 450cc bike seems to make it much easier.

Also, on my first try at gold medalling the Dammed track I got a Platinum. That was nice.

Fjordson

Wow, the Phoenix bike is impossible for me to control.

Something tells me this is the game hinting that I need to learn better throttle control. I keep accidentally accelerating too much causing the front wheel to fly up in the air.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow, the Phoenix bike is impossible for me to control.

Something tells me this is the game hinting that I need to learn better throttle control. I keep accidentally accelerating too much causing the front wheel to fly up in the air.

My front wheel shoots up even when I don't push that much. Bike will definitely take a long time for me to adjust.

Brakara

Hard levels are good for me, the right amount of challenging. I couldn't even start Extreme in Trials HD, and so far finding Hard easier on this game than the earlier one (maybe I'm just getting better).

Obviously you are now a better player than when you first got to the Hard tracks in HD. Then again, I have a feeling the first few hard tracks in Evo lies somewhere between medium and hard tracks from HD. It ramps up fast though, especially in the second set.

My Tip-

Don't take the intro song seriously and you might just enjoy it, think of it like a Saturday Night Live skit... it's s'posed to be corny.

I love it!! :)

Railer

Sometimes while playing this i just want to cry. Like just now for example. It was entirely my fault, not the games, but i was at the last obstacle on the extreme track inspired by Sin City. I had fought my way through the level and on the last obstacle, that's not hard, my thumb slipped down from the left analog stick onto the.... restart button...

I just felt all my happiness and willpower drain instantly. But I'll go back to it soon, i know i can beat it.

Sometimes while playing this i just want to cry. Like just now for example. It was entirely my fault, not the games, but i was at the last obstacle on the extreme track inspired by Sin City. I had fought my way through the level and on the last obstacle, that's not hard, my thumb slipped down from the left analog stick onto the.... restart button...

I've shouted "NO!" so many times when I've pressed back instead of B out of some subconscious twitch :(

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood

I just felt all my happiness and willpower drain instantly. But I'll go back to it soon, i know i can beat it.

Haha the exact same happened to me yesterday! I cleared the last obstacle on that level and hit the bloody back button! That is when I called it a day and went outside.

acksman

Currently only have 1 other person on my friends list playing this. I would like a few more so I can have some goals. I love the overlay and that really pushes me to improve.

GT: acksman

Damn...I pulled of fa 29.98 on that first easy supercross track and I'm still only in the 1000's....

PS: This game is screaming for some kind of gaf contest.

Nyx

Even though I sucked at the first game and never touched it again for quite some time, I caved in and bought Evo just now…

The trial was so much fun, can’t wait to see all the user-made tracks.

Fuck you, The Wreck.

I can do everything in Trials except that jump where you have to go up a steep ramp, around and over a barrel, and then keep enough momentum to make a pretty far jump after it. That's the bit in The Wreck, and there's a very similar bit in Inferno 3 that I can't do either. I could get through both those tracks in 20 faults were it not for those bits, but I sit there for literally hundreds until I fluke it. I have no idea how to get over them, nothing seems to work

atomsk

Party Pooper
Fuck you, The Wreck.

I can do everything in Trials except that jump where you have to go up a steep ramp, around and over a barrel, and then keep enough momentum to make a pretty far jump after it. That's the bit in The Wreck, and there's a very similar bit in Inferno 3 that I can't do either. I could get through both those tracks in 20 faults were it not for those bits, but I sit there for literally hundreds until I fluke it. I have no idea how to get over them, nothing seems to work

Yeah, I get stuck on that same bit. Have yet to figure out how to do it consistently

Tawpgun

Sorry for not accepting any multiplayer invites to any of you that sent me one. I have limited time to play when I'm on and dont want to quit in the middle of a race. Having fun competing for fatest times.

GT: MASOCHIST 187

Perfect gamertag for this game.

why is 'sunset stripped' so hard to get a platinum on?

I've got them all on the first 4 sets except for this one. It's just wrecking my brain.

I actually feel like Sunset Stripped is one of the hardest levels to Gold of the first bunch. I had golds in everything else, even complete gold sets in later stages, but sunset stripped killed me. It was easy to finish without fault, but even runs that I felt were perfect I was slow by a full second. I eventually got it. Weirdly, a big trick for me was to backflip one of the first jumps,w hich helped me stick the landing right without going too airborn. Also, hitting the "uphill" section at the right angle was key.

I used the heavier bike, mayube the 450cc, I forget which one actually... but not the bike you start with.

Railer

I actually feel like Sunset Stripped is one of the hardest levels to Gold of the first bunch. I had golds in everything else, even complete gold sets in later stages, but sunset stripped killed me. It was easy to finish without fault, but even runs that I felt were perfect I was slow by a full second. I eventually got it. Weirdly, a big trick for me was to backflip one of the first jumps,w hich helped me stick the landing right without going too airborn. Also, hitting the "uphill" section at the right angle was key.

I used the heavier bike, mayube the 450cc, I forget which one actually... but not the bike you start with.

Yeah, i haven't golded it yet myself but i can't seem to do it with the last bike.
My GT if anyone wants to add: Toblekai

I actually think that it's hardest to do Sunset Stripped with any bike other than the first 2. You get too much air with them. The heaviest bike keeps you on the track with speed.

big_z

Got my gold in Gigatrack, but not a no fault run unfortunately. I had 3 faults. Using the 450cc bike seems to make it much easier.

Also, on my first try at gold medalling the Dammed track I got a Platinum. That was nice.

Was trying to beat you on that track but lost it on the street near the end that has the jumps with bars you have to rotate over.

Fuck you, The Wreck.

I can't get past that barrel either. I've gotten on top a few times but I have no idea what motion did it. I made it to the other side once then hit the back button by accident... :(

Trying to put together a database of Trials Evo players to make it easy to find other people.

Click here to submit your Gaf username & XBL screen name: http://goo.gl/gMu9K (opens a Google Form)

Form questions:
  • Gaf Username
  • XBL Gamer Tag
  • Trials Skill 1 - 10 (optional)
  • Explain Skill (optional)

I included those last two questions just so that new people could find other new people who aren't leaps and bounds better, alienating them. And elite players could find elite. Totally optional though.

Here is a link to the spreadsheet of results/answers: http://goo.gl/HZLBd

Friend me for Trials!

Trying to put together a database of Trials Evo players to make it easy to find other people.

Click here to submit your Gaf username & XBL screen name: http://goo.gl/gMu9K (opens a Google Form)

Form questions:
  • Gaf Username
  • XBL Gamer Tag

I included those last two questions just so that new people could find other new people who aren't leaps and bounds better, alienating them. And elite players could find elite. Totally optional though.

Friend me for Trials!

I clicked the first link and it took me to the spreadsheet which I couldn't edit :/ Good idea though so when you put the right link in I shall enter my details in :)

U2NUMB

Form questions:
  • Gaf Username
  • XBL Gamer Tag

Friend me for Trials!

Good idea.. check your first link though.. also goes to the results page.

Good idea Albatross, I waited too long to add the Neogaf Trials gamertag so I'm all for this. I need more 360 friends as well, I haven't spent much time with it compared to my PS3 so my friends list is a bit lacking.

Good god does this game crash a lot. In the last 24 hours I've had three crashes just waiting for matchmaking.

And they really need to fix "highest rated." I see tracks with 1000+ ratings in between tracks with 1.

lush

Spent about 45 minutes last night getting over that scoreboard on Dark City Run. Finally nailed it, felt so good.

3 Extreme tracks left....

PaulLFC

Form questions:
  • Gaf Username
  • XBL Gamer Tag

Friend me for Trials!
Good idea, but the link goes to the spreadsheet of results.

Chris R

Was only able to join a single game last night in a span of like 15 mins... I thought this game was a huge seller? Where are the people playing online?

Top Bottom