• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF/JF: Battlefield 4 PS4 vs XB1 videos/screens (900p PS4, 720p XB1)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
DF's X1 capture looks a bit messed up compared to the others, that IGN vid for example.

The AO difference is particularly clear in the MP portion of IGN's vid.

Raymo

2rp7z2u.gif

The darker ground texture on XBO hides the lack of AO. There's your answer.

jond76

Banned
Of course there is a difference favoring the PS4, but I can't help but laugh at people here looking to round up folks to send to reeducation camps on resolution.

On the first or second page there was literally this exchange:

"Huh, Xbox One looks better imo."
"You're wrong."

lol.

Get over it folks, not everyone is gonna be counting pixels.

Also on this page, "stupid people that don't know what to look for ruin it for those of us that do" . Fucking wow. Maybe you ruined it for yourself.

xn0

I've heard a couple of things about the BF4 capture. It seems that the PS4 was captured in 1080p where as the xbone was captured in its native 720p. Wouldn't this mean that because the PS4 is 1600x900 natively it has to upscale via software/hardware to produce the 1080p resolution for capture? Which could account for the "softening" effect?

That being said the same will be true on the Xbone where its native resolution of 720p will look exactly this way on a 720p native display, however on a 1080p display the image will have to be "upscaled" in order to look correct on a 1080p display.

What i'm trying to say is that if the PS4 is captured at 1080p and not in the games reported 1600x900 native resolution then some upscale processing is going to be on the PS4 images vs. the 720p native capture w/o any upscale processing from the xbone images.

Its late does this make any sense?

PS4 version looks better in the details thanks to the higher resolution or AA or whatever. It's pretty obvious whenever you look at buildings or tree limbs or powerlines in the distance. The jaggies on the One version remind me a little too much of a 360/PS3 game for my money.

PS4 version and One version appear to both suffer from some aliasing issues in the Multiplayer when looking at stuff like powerlines...but PS4 ever so slightly less so.

Both look good, but I think the aliasing issues on the One would aggrivate me after awhile because BF is such a wide open kind of game, you're compelled to look into the distance all the time.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know how to make gifs, could someone do a gif version between PC and XBO to compare with the ps4 and xbo one?

So to recap: PS4 wins according to all articles (versus XB1) in IQ, res, and frame rate. One article has janky settings that make the XB1 version look (worse) "better." The PC and PS4 versions are closer than the PC and XB1 versions, particularly because of the extra sharpening and contrast tinkering.

Verdict: XB1 > PC.

Yep. Where's that this is NeoGAF gif?

Samyy

Of course there is a difference favoring the PS4, but I can't help but laugh at people here looking to round up folks to send to reeducation camps on resolution.

"You're wrong."

lol.

Also on this page, "stupid people that don't know what to look for ruin it for those of us that do" . Fucking wow. Maybe you ruined it for yourself.

:lol

enjoy

SRTtoZ

You have a game that is 720p, virtually zero AA, and a total lack of AO.
The other is 900p, has HBAO, and much better framerate.

Dafuq?

Yea its stunning. Most people expected just a resolution difference. What we have here is a much lower resolution, missing clouds, worse shadows (missing shadows), missing details, worse lighting, almost zero AA (cant really tell). This seems to be as significant as some thought, a 40% difference.

Dead

well not really...yet
re: the color of the PS4 from DF

The game will not look like that on a properly calibrated TV set. (fuck or even a decent TV set period)

Just for the sake of arguement...put both versions of the game on a calibrated ZT60 Plasma...the PS4 will win out no matter what due to superior resolution, aliasing, framerate, effects, etc

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

"You're wrong."

lol.

qUSPgtE.jpg

sharpened up the avatar for good measure.

Read DF article and Videogamer article. No comparison pictures/vids necessary. The victor is clear here.

So what's the reason for the X1 screens looking sharper? From my understanding, it's due to the upscaling form 900p to 1080p? Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the details.

Regardless, launch titles are hardly the best to compare. The multiplats for next holiday will be much more interesting to do comparisons on.

Top Bottom