• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

I'm not a manga reader(not OP anyways), but I would like to know if this the Big Mom arc is supposed to be as long as Doflamingo's?

Probably not. That would mean there would be another 30+ chapters and that's unlikely to happen at this point in the manga.

And you should read the manga with us. Join the manga side. You won't regret it.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Ok. I gotta ask (because I'm too lasy to search the timeline of the thread) was anyone else really rooting for pudding x Sanji and died at the heel turn only to be brought back to life at the actual ceremony? Oda is playing with my heart.

Or does everyone here hate pudding?

Ok. I gotta ask (because I'm too lasy to search the timeline of the thread) was anyone else really rooting for pudding x Sanji and died at the heel turn only to be brought back to life at the actual ceremony? Oda is playing with my heart.

We love her.
Even though it's impossile at this point i'm rooting for her as a new crewmember.

IHaveIce

Banned

We all like her but laugh about Sanji.

We were celebrating the chapter when Pudding turned out to be evil

silva1991

No it won't be, we are at the finale.

Just here to save Sanji and calm down Big Mom (maybe even here last time as the main antagonist).

Next arc is where we take a Yonko head on and will EASILY be longer than Dressrosa.

Probably not. That would mean there would be another 30+ chapters and that's unlikely to happen at this point in the manga.

And you should read the manga with us. Join the manga side. You won't regret it.

Thnx. If it's not as long, I'll stick with the anime for now.

We generally like her.

I wouldn’t hold out hope for this lasting though lol.

Chase17

There are some pretty troubling issues regarding Pudding that have yet to be alleviated.

That said, Oda is really going all out with her so she is generally amusing.

Ray Down

Banned
Also more Arbys:
https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/920680903847837696?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

It never died because I knew Oda wouldn't fully go down her evil path at all.

So I don't see why not.

There are some pretty troubling issues regarding Pudding that have yet to be alleviated.

That said, Oda is really going all out with her so she is generally amusing.

What are you referring to?

LotusHD

Banned
Feel like with this chapter, one side is clearly going to look very "right" regarding who will win between Luffy and Katakuri. And if not, because it's focusing on something else, then oh well.

But again I ask you (Because I keep forgetting your answers): Who do you think is going to win? I will add it to this post, and remind every of their rightness or folly after a victor has been declared

Mendrox: Katakuri... or Sanji
Caliph: The Readers
LotusHD: Luffy
NSESN: Draw
Sibersk Esto: Draw
B-Leg: Luffy
midramble: Luffy
TheGreatDirector: Draw
NHarmonic.: Draw/Fight is Interrupted
Linkstrikesback: Draw

caliph95

Feel like with this chapter, one side is clearly going to look very "right" regarding who will win between Luffy and Katakuri. And if not, because it's focusing on something else, then oh well.

But again I ask you (Because I keep forgetting your answers): Who do you think is going to win?
The readers who are unworthy of Goda' s light

Mendrox

But again I ask you (Because I keep forgetting your answers): Who do you think is going to win?

Katakuri.

Or Sanji.

midramble

Yeah see I'm kinda on the fence of where this will go too. With the humanizing of big mom by having her be a victim of slave trade and a manipulative replaceable chef, her dream to have a diverse equal land, and (disregarding her terrible treatment of children) general benign childish intent I feel like they are prepping an alliance with her in the story. That and the emphasis on sanji wanting to marry and the idea of marriage making one crew the subordinate of the other being the only thing stopping him, I could see some big DON moment being big mom pirates becoming part of the straw hat fleet. On top of the cover focus on the straw hat fleet. Also what better place to have a victory feast than in a land of food?

LotusHD

Banned
Yeah see I'm kinda on the fence of where this will go too. With the humanizing of big mom by having her be a victim of slave trade and a manipulative replaceable chef, her dream to have a diverse equal land, and (disregarding her terrible treatment of children) general benign childish intent I feel like they are prepping an alliance with her in the story. That and the emphasis on sanji wanting to marry and the idea of marriage making one crew the subordinate of the other being the only thing stopping him, I could see some big DON moment being big mom pirates becoming part of the straw hat fleet. On top of the cover focus on the straw hat fleet. Also what better place to have a victory feast than in a land of food?

Big Mom is not going to be a part of their fleet, that's an even worse idea than a theoretical truce. Nothing about her characterization thus far (Like bro, she's a cannibal that destroys entire countries over sweets) should lead anyone to believe this. This includes her willingly letting the Straw Hats go after being fed the cake, but at least with that, you can understand the slim possibility of it being so good that Big Mom forgives and forgets. But for her to make an alliance as well? Hell no. And that's not even including the unfinished business Luffy and her have regarding Fishman Island. We know more about Big Mom, yes, but she is up there with Caesar in terms of being virtually irredeemable.

And speaking of those that feel that Big Mom will let it go, I mean, Jinbe fed her that cake when she was in one of her hunger pangs, but still refused to let him leave her forces without spinning that rigged roulette wheel.

The best outcome for her characterization so far, and frankly, the impression of the arc overall, is to just have her knocked out by the cake (Like Sanji said he literally would do), and then have the Straw Hats escape immediately afterwards while she is unconscious.

caliph95

Wendy's Twitter

Code:
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRBWFQWsAAFaCX.jpg[/img]

I hope they serve smoothie, I want to enjoy it with the crackers and pudding i made in my oven

LotusHD

Banned
Wendy's Twitter

Code:
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRBWFQWsAAFaCX.jpg[/img]

I hope they serve smoothie, I want to enjoy it with the crackers and pudding i made in my oven

Pudding, I mean Ray Down already posted this. But I appreciate your post nonetheless.

Ray Down

Banned

I agree with Greg and Robby possibilities that Big Mom not going to be a enemy after this. She set up way different from any villain having an actually positive dream.

Some sort of union/truce is certainly possible, I don't think allies unless more happens from here.

LotusHD

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/778mg1/cavendish_taking_a_picture_of_the_best/

QnU9lHg.jpg

Both the strawhats and the Big Mom Pirates have crossed the rubicon at this point. Big Mom has killed two of her children, Pedro has (seemingly) died (and even if he didn't Perospero lost an arm), and the crew have broken the Mother Caramel picture and foiled her plans for Germa.

No way are they going buddy buddy.

NSESN

But again I ask you (Because I keep forgetting your answers): Who do you think is going to win? I will add it to this post, and remind every of their rightness or folly after a victor has been declared

Mendrox: Katakuri

A draw.

Mendrox: Katakuri
I’ll go luffy I personally think it’s time for that big next step cuz of not and we have a rematch against big mom pirates I gotta watch him go thru katakuri first and meh
Take him out now weaken her forces tremendously and next time take them out completely

I’ll go luffy I personally think it’s time for that big next step cuz of not and we have a rematch against big mom pirates I gotta watch him go thru katakuri first and meh
Take him out now weaken her forces tremendously and next time take them out completely

If a rematch with the Big Mom Pirates is coming then it's not like Katakuri is going to sit it out anyway.

midramble

Both the strawhats and the Big Mom Pirates have crossed the rubicon at this point. Big Mom has killed two of her children, Pedro has (seemingly) died (and even if he didn't Perospero lost an arm), and the crew have broken the Mother Caramel picture and foiled her plans for Germa.

No way are they going buddy buddy.

Big Mom is not going to be a part of their fleet, that's an even worse idea than a theoretical truce. Nothing about her characterization thus far (Like bro, she's a cannibal that destroys entire countries over sweets) should lead anyone to believe this. This includes her willingly letting the Straw Hats go after being fed the cake, but at least with that, you can understand the slim possibility of it being so good that Big Mom forgives and forgets. But for her to make an alliance as well? Hell no. And that's not even including the unfinished business Luffy and her have regarding Fishman Island. We know more about Big Mom, yes, but she is up there with Caesar in terms of being virtually irredeemable.

And speaking of those that feel that Big Mom will let it go, I mean, Jinbe fed her that cake when she was in one of her hunger pangs, but still refused to let him leave her forces without spinning that rigged roulette wheel.

The best outcome for her characterization so far, and frankly, the impression of the arc overall, is to just have her knocked out by the cake (Like Sanji said he literally would do), and then have the Straw Hats escape immediately afterwards while she is unconscious.

Yup, guess I'm living in my own little world hahaha. Tend to be pretty bad at predicting these kind of things. I also think Luffy will win against katakuri... So he probably wont. Maybe I should just start betting against my instincts.

I'm guessing a draw or something interrupting the fight. I don't see Luffy beating Katakuri simply because Zoro needs to fight and beat the no.2 when Big Mom returns.

Mendrox: Katakuri... or Sanji
B-Leg: Luffy

Yeah, alright, I'm down for a prediction on this.

I'm going for Draw. Luffy has to escape, or a third party helps him fight somehow. But I don't think he can possibly win without outside intervention in his current state. He couldn't beat Cracker alone, and by everything we've seen, Katakuri seems stronger than him.

LotusHD

Banned
Yup, guess I'm living in my own little world hahaha. Tend to be pretty bad at predicting these kind of things. I also think Luffy will win against katakuri... So he probably wont. Maybe I should just start betting against my instincts.

I think Luffy will win, but frankly, it'll be easier to tell once we see how Katakuri handles Gear 4. Knowing Luffy's insane stamina, as well as the fact that he was largely distracted, nothing that has happened matters that much. The real battle is about to begin.

But yea, I'm hoping he'll win or at least tie because what kind of message does it send for him to lose this match, only to go and wobble on towards Kaido, who along with his army is hyped to be an even bigger challenge to overcome. I mean yes, he'll presumably have Supernovas or whatever help him fight Kaido directly, but still.

At the very least, he can't lose, since losing equals death. As for Katakuri being stronger than Cracker, I still subscribe by the issue of Cracker being a behemoth when it comes to defense and stalling, as opposed to Katakuri, who would pose a much more straightforward fight.

I'm guessing a draw or something interrupting the fight. I don't see Luffy beating Katakuri simply because Zoro needs to fight and beat the no.2 when Big Mom returns.

Smoothie ain't doing nothing, and she has a sword, so I don't know about it. (Although Katakuri has a trident, so meh, maybe) Nothing wrong with them having a rematch imo considering their similar movesets thus far. Although if they were to have a rematch, I suppose it'd make more sense for it to be a draw, since no one wants a rematch if Luffy already proved himself to be stronger...

A rematch in my mind is gonna piss ppl off why cuz he’s gonna make katakuri look like a bitch
Luffy isn’t gonna get terribly injured or tired out in a rematch of afterwards he has to fight big momuuuuu

It’ll be luffy vs Blueno tier to get to lucci

Chase17

What are you referring to?

I've got some Pudding theories (not to be taken seriously)

1) Pudding enjoyed being evil. Sanji saying her third eye is beautiful has completely muddied her view of the world. Worst case scenario.

2) Everything is Big Mom's fault. Pudding did evil things to be in Big Mom's good graces. She goes way overboard in cruel monologues just so Nitro would hear them for some reason, thinking that that is what Big Mom wants her to be. Pudding seeing an innate goodness in Sanji (lol), that also relates to a core conflict of her childhood and relationship with her mother, has caused her to be very conflicted. Probable scenario.

3) We have some Attack on Titan season 2 shenanigans afoot. Pudding has been undercover for so long, her fictitious persona has developed into it's own identity. The semi-public wedding/Sanji murder plot represents the convergence of these personalities and their battle against each other. Naturally, the best case scenario.

LotusHD

Banned
A rematch in my mind is gonna piss ppl off why cuz he's gonna make katakuri look like a bitch
Luffy isn't gonna get terribly injured or tired out in a rematch of afterwards he has to fight big momuuuuu

It'll be luffy vs Blueno tier to get to lucci

I guess.

Actually, I just realized Jinbe is going to join, so that changes things. That said, I don't really want to predict that far until I know how exactly Big Mom deals with her children losing. Is Cracker coming back? Will Snack make an appearance in a theoretical rematch? Who knows.

---

Oh, and you're free to change your prediction only up until spoilers come out tonight.

---

I low-key got tired of in-depth Pudding discussion. Just gonna wait till the end of the arc at this point.

A rematch in my mind is gonna piss ppl off why cuz he’s gonna make katakuri look like a bitch
Luffy isn’t gonna get terribly injured or tired out in a rematch of afterwards he has to fight big momuuuuu

It’ll be luffy vs Blueno tier to get to lucci

A second series of fights between the straw hats and Big mom pirates would presumably have someone else fight Katakuri.

Really, it would be more sensible for the Straw hat alliance vs a Yonkou, not just the barebones straw hat crew. All the strawhats vs Big mom (ala the fight against Oars) while the commanders are dealt with by groups of the subordinates (Barto, Cavendish, etc) sounds much better to me

I guess.

---

Actually, I just realized Jinbe is going to join, so that changes things. That said, I don't really want to predict that far until I know how exactly Big Mom deals with her children losing. Is Cracker coming back? Will Snack make an appearance in a theoretical rematch? Who knows.

Oh, and you're free to change your prediction only up until spoilers come out tonight.
This^^ where’s snack? It’s been at least more than a week since he’s lost he hasn’t come back

Top Bottom