• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now famous actors in early minor roles

Philip Seymour Hoffman in Twister

tumblr_n2035di6Fh1qaed4ho6_500.gif

Loxley

James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Tom hardy, Simon Pegg, and Andrew Scott all had very minor roles in Band of Brothers. It's still funny to see such a large number of actors who would go on to carry their own shows/films in the future play such minor parts in the same show.

James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Tom hardy, Simon Pegg, and Andrew Scott all had very minor roles in Band of Brothers. It's still funny to see such a large number of actors who would go on to carry their own shows/films in the future play such minor parts in the same show.

It's like The Outsiders movie of its generation.

29492519.jpg

I was watching Enemy of the State on Netflix last night. Was surprised to see Jack Black and Seth Green, among others like Jake Busey and Scott Caan.

I saw it in the theater way back then, and certainly didn't know them.

Clint Eastwood in Revenge of The Creature, lol. What a film debut. Love MST3K gag regarding his appearance in the film "This guy's bad, he'll never make it!"

Here's a very young Arnold with a beard in The Long Goodbye.

the-long-goodbye.jpg

OuIxEjw.jpg

Amy Adams in Smallville

Also Catch Me If You Can, years before anyone really knew who she was.

53241-26012.gif

Zoe

ER had tons of small roles.. Nick Offerman, Aaron Paul, Shia LeBouf, Anton Yelchin, probably forgetting a bunch.

I've been watching this a lot ever since Pop started doing marathons, and it's hilarious how many random well-known stars walk across the screen.

When they aired the live episode the other day, the husband and I both said "Nick Offerman??" at the same time during the credits :lol
(Lisa Edelstein was in that episode as well)

Look up any popular actor on IMDB, scroll to the bottom of their credits, and you're bound to find a few (or many) minor roles prior to them hitting it big.

Ryck

Not a huge star but I was like HEY!!!! While watching Batteries Not Included on Netflix the other day. ( Love this movie)

LMVEeZG.png

Luis Guzman in the background as an extra.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Always thought Vincent D'onofrio in "Adventures in Babysitting" was a pretty deep cut. Dude played Thor before Hemsworth.

3d223d48c389c0a01092a38692c3efd1.jpg

Simon Pegg in that tiny Band of Brothers role

pegg1.jpg

Andrew Scott (Moriarty) also in Band of Brothers

andrewscottbob.jpg

Some of the other names have already been mentioned, but Band of Brothers is great for this:

Michael Fassbender

James McAvoy

Tom Hardy
and his ass

Bonus Round: Jimmy Fallon (!!!)

When I watched it again recently, I noticed that Fassbender's role in the series was pretty big; he's in most episodes. Apparently Dominic Cooper pops up in a background role somewhere as well.

Bryan Cranston has also voiced a Power Rangers villain or two. Not to mention Guld in Macross Plus.
No, Guld was Richard Epcar. Cranston played Isamu. Anyway, Cranston is in a lot of early-mid 90s dubs, it's what he did before he had his big break into live action. He was in Armitage III, Wings of Honneamise, Orguss 02, Teknoman, and maybe a few more.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Probably already mentioned, but Elijah Wood was one of the kids at the arcade cabinet in the Cafe 80s in BTTF2.

No, Guld was Richard Epcar. Cranston played Isamu. Anyway, Cranston is in a lot of early-mid 90s dubs, it's what he did before he had his big break into live action. He was in Armitage III, Wings of Honneamise, Orguss 02, Teknoman, and maybe a few more.
Why do I always get that confused? Thanks for the clarification. I had no idea Cranston were in that many dubs. Who was he in Teknoman?

Top Bottom