• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

orioto

Good Art™
Please explain. Brcok is going to suplex him a dozen times and win.
He isn't even going to show up on the Raw afterwards to talk about it.
How is that compelling or make "Raw worth watching at least for a bit"?

There is no such thing as IWC. Please stop employing this dated term.

Acting as if there's some subset of Internet-only smart fan is absolutely ludicrous in 2017.
Every WWE fan is on the Internet.

let's say the smarks then

Syder

Cody, All Ego interview, mainly Cody. Great stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmsBrOkVFjo&t=250s
Zack is a cider drinker.

yes-reaction-gifs.gif

Syder

He's English he's probably all about this:

logo.png
My tastes have changed so much over the years, I used to exclusively drink Irish ciders but these days I chill with sweeter, flavoured ciders.
Right now, Sweden is killing it with Kopparberg and Rekorderlig.

Aspirational_540x540.jpg

Perfect Summer drink, lads.

Sure but this is the Championship match. Asking Naomi of all people to carry a match is dumb to begin with.

SD has been sent to the killing fields.

Better to have her in the 1-on-1 title match than have her kill someone in last night's ladder match. It was risk mitigation.

Slizz

My tastes have changed so much over the years, I used to exclusively drink Irish ciders but these days I chill with sweeter, flavoured ciders.

Aspirational_540x540.jpg

I love their passion fruit cider. Bit pricey over here, just like Aspall's but it's a treat when I have it.

Aspirational_540x540.jpg

neQgK.gif

My man, throw in some Old Mout, New Zealand coming for that Cider crown.

Better to have her in the 1-on-1 title match than have her kill someone in last night's ladder match. It was risk mitigation.

In retrospect, that MITB would have at least been a known disaster in the making if Lana had been in it. At least then nobody would have expected anything good out of it regardless of ending

Remember the heat Sergent Slaughter got when he became an Iraqi Sympathizer in 1990? Remember the great business the WWF did off it? ... No? Of course you don't because there's a huge difference between a heel pissing off the audience so much they want to see them get some comeuppance and the promotion pissing off the audience in a manner that offends them to the point they drop your product.

I asked last night but has anyone redone Lana's theme but with the sax replaced with farts in the same tune?

Zach

I just saw that Kanellis thing. Music was bad.

Jinder looks great during his entrance. And his music is good, too.

Really good interview with Bryan here

http://sports.nbcsports.com/2017/06/19/wwe-one-on-one-with-daniel-bryan/

So as I got ready for this year’s Money in the Bank I went back and watched some of the older shows and the level of talent that is on the entire roster now in comparison to five to seven years ago is pretty astounding, but I feel like the product as a whole in its current state is very stale. What tweaks do you think need to be made in order to give the WWE a spark of excitement?

“I think a change of presentation is absolutely necessary. I think the way that we present our superstars probably needs to change. Years ago they went through with this idea of having as much live stuff as possible on the shows, but I think when you watch say UFC for example, some of the things that are the most endearing, that make you care the most about the fighters are these backstage vignettes that get to show their real personality. You’ll see great fights that people will cheer maybe because they’re great fights, but the fights that have the most impact are the ones with fighters who people actually care about.

I think one of the things that really endeared me to people was that people got to view more aspects of my personality than most because of the different things that I did within WWE. Seeing performers frustrated and being able to show that on TV and being able to show their experiences, their reactions to what’s happening to them on the show and doing backstage vignettes. There was a great one on NXT about Roderick Strong recently about being a new dad and all of that kind of stuff.

Since I’ve been gone, they’ve been doing some really fun stuff with the Fashion Police. Not that there needs to be more of that exact kind of stuff, but it helps people get to know their personalities.

I think one of our failings on SmackDown Live was American Alpha. They’re great and on NXT they did all of these fun little interview segments with the two of them that got to show the people behind American Alpha. (They saw) who Chad Gable is, who Jason Jordan is. I’d like to do more of that kind of stuff.

In combat sports, personalities are what draw. Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao was one of the worst boxing matches I’ve ever seen, but millions of people watched it because of the personalities involved.

I think changing that dynamic and highlighting the personalities is something we really need to do.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just don't really get what Maria and Mike are even going to do. She's not any good as a wrestler, and he isn't really either. All I can guess is that it will be Miz/Maryse stuff but not as good.

Egg0

Banned
I just don't really get what Maria and Mike are even going to do. She's not any good as a wrestler, and he isn't really either. All I can guess is that it will be Miz/Maryse stuff but not as good.

Yea. It's kinda telling that they debut as a couple instead of individuals. I don't think I've ever seen Mike in anything and all I know of Maria is from NJPW.

Top Bottom