• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

He's Asian, shouldn't he be good at both academics and martial arts/combat?
unless he was so bad at gun firing that it brought his combat score down that much
Reading an article about Amy Chua and tiger moms suggests that the traditional tiger mom allows their children to fail at both drama and athletics programs, everything else must be perfect.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
ibi4Z4jN06ssso.gif

You can literally hear HaloGAF swoon as this occurs.

Bsigg12

You guys pick out some of the strangest things. It is quite entertaining though.

Overall, I thought this intro episode for FUD was great. Set up that most of Tom's squad don't like him but he has to be there due to his mother.

Next episode looks promising, the night fighting looks interesting.

I can't wait to watch the whole thing as a 95 minute movie once I pick up my Limited Edition; it should be a fantastic aid to the story of 4.

I'll just give my brief take of episode 1.

I think the cinematography is distinctive. Definitely has a "Halo" look about it if that makes any sense. I think the holographic tables look out of place because it's trying to pass off a futuristic look that's not really becoming of the universe (for reasons I hit upon earlier). Not that there aren't holograms in the Halo universe, but it's coming off as "Hey! Look! We're in the future!" The guns, too, look out of place because it seems like they were made for a videogame – which they were – and their designs aren't congruous with a movie.

Dialogue and acting are okay, and I didn't like the numerous cutaway shots to Lasky's HUD – made it feel like a videogame.

Not sure how I feel about it, but I think most of the elements are there for something good...when things pick up. I'm eager to see more.

Beckx

It would be cool if there was a playlist in Halo 4 called Invasion where you would go into other people's campaign games and play as the enemy and just be mean to people.

I am holding out hope to see features like this in Destiny, since it's "a world that's always there." The Old Monk fight in Demon's Souls is pretty much the greatest boss fight of this generation.

-----------

Looking forward to watching FUD later today, good hear the early comments are positive.

IHaveIce

Banned
I'll just give my brief take of episode 1.

I think the cinematography is distinctive. Definitely has a "Halo" look about it if that makes any sense. I think the holographic tables look out of place because it's trying to pass off a futuristic look that's not really becoming of the universe (for reasons I hit upon earlier). Not that there aren't holograms in the Halo universe, but it's coming off as "Hey! Look! We're in the future!" The guns, too, look out of place because it seems like they were made for a videogame – which they were – and their designs aren't congruous with a movie.

Dialogue and acting are okay, and I didn't like the numerous cutaway shots to Lasky's HUD – made it feel like a videogame.

Not sure how I feel about it, but I think most of the elements are there for something good...when things pick up. I'm eager to see more.

Funny that most of the things you describe as negative are the reasons why I liked it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yo wtf that was really good. It ended and I was like, "wtf already?" Can't wait to watch the next episode.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
FUD was good, but the Army NCO in me already hates Laskey. Guys like that end up shitbags in real life (dealt with enough of them). I understand they are trying to make him "different" and he's going to get "better" but it's just a niggling in the back of my head.

Also, his parade rest needs a lot of work.

If he's a true asian, then his warthog driving skills are not up to par as well. Cuz sadly mine aren't either. :(

I loled.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Is there something weird with the audio? Some spoken lines sound screwy

"I'm always numb"
"My combat scores suck because of you"
"He's an inny lover"

The voices of these lines sound distorted to me... But every other one sounds fine?

DesertFox

Frankie Interview (Big Shiny Robot) said:
In fact one of the most satisfying things to do in the game is to carjack the Mantis and yank the occupant out of the little pilot’s wheelhouse.

What? Weren't we told in the walkthrough that we couldn't do this?

Louis Wu

It ain't going nowhere. The Youtubes has it. And yes Waypoint will also be running it.
I wanted to say I'm really happy you're running it on YouTube along with Waypoint.

Sometime in the past couple of weeks, Silverlight simply stopped working for me. Safari says "Plug-in Failure", Chrome says "Silverlight Plug-In has crashed." (Firefox won't even load it.)

I've tried reinstalling Silverlight; I've tried deleting all Silverlight content off my harddrive and installing completely fresh. I've tried running my browsers in 32-bit mode (though I didn't need to do that 2 weeks ago). Nothing works.

This means much of Waypoint, and large swaths of Xbox.com, are now off-limits to me - so the fact that you're releasing this series on MachinimaPrime's YouTube channel means I can actually watch it before the DVD comes out in December.

Again - thanks.

willow ve

What? Weren't we told in the walkthrough that we couldn't do this?

Maybe you can board/jack in campaign but not multiplayer? (Opposite of banshees)

I wanted to say I'm really happy you're running it on YouTube along with Waypoint.

snip ..... This means much of Waypoint, and large swaths of Xbox.com, are now off-limits to me - so the fact that you're releasing this series on MachinimaPrime's YouTube channel means I can actually watch it before the DVD comes out in December.

Again - thanks.

Thanks from me too. It takes jumping through various hoops in various order to get Waypoint work on my computer (ususally incognito mode in Chrome fixes it... usually) so the Youtube mirror is much appreciated (not to mention full HD and full length buffering before you hit start).

GhaleonEB

Sometime in the past couple of weeks, Silverlight simply stopped working for me. Safari says "Plug-in Failure", Chrome says "Silverlight Plug-In has crashed." (Firefox won't even load it.)

I've tried reinstalling Silverlight; I've tried deleting all Silverlight content off my harddrive and installing completely fresh. I've tried running my browsers in 32-bit mode (though I didn't need to do that 2 weeks ago). Nothing works.

This means much of Waypoint, and large swaths of Xbox.com, are now off-limits to me - so the fact that you're releasing this series on MachinimaPrime's YouTube channel means I can actually watch it before the DVD comes out in December.

Again - thanks.

The same thing happened to my computer at work. Waypoint and Xbox.com are unusable. I'm okay at home, though; I have no idea why.

Talents

Banned
Maybe you can board/jack in campaign but not multiplayer? (Opposite of banshees)

Haven't we already seen footage on Ragnarok of someone getting highjacked out the Mantis? Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

384304_10151972234326758_977784580_n.jpg

Looks like you can do that thing where you either lay a grenade in it or punch it till the drivers dead then steal the damaged vehicle.

GhaleonEB

Haven't we already seen footage on Ragnarok of someone getting highjacked out the Mantis? Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I might be getting confused with the terminology, but you can board and destroy a Mantis much like a Wraith - with a grenade (not sure if you can punch it to death if you don't have a grenade). But you can't jack it, as in boot the other guy out. You have to destroy the Mantis to get him out.

Beckx

Why would we need to hijack the Mantis in campaign, unless this commander of Infinity turns out to be a shy scrub.

BTW, you can hijack some banshees in Reach. The most notable are The Package (thank god) and New Alexandria (hard but super fun). The ones on PoA and Exodus are flagged off limits, I believe.

It ain't going nowhere. The Youtubes has it. And yes Waypoint will also be running it.
Is it only on Machinima, or will you guys put it on your youtube channel? I ask because I consistently have buffering issues with Waypoint on my xbox, but the youtube app works just fine. I'm already subscribed to the Waypoint youtube channel, but I can always search for FUD if need be.

If I had known all these people weren't going to see it immediately I would have tried to troll you guys badly :p
I'm not going to fall for a banana in the tailpipe.

Is it only on Machinima, or will you guys put it on your youtube channel? I ask because I consistently have buffering issues with Waypoint on my xbox, but the youtube app works just fine. I'm already subscribed to the Waypoint youtube channel, but I can always search for FUD if need be.

I'm not going to fall for a banana in the tailpipe.
Machinima are having the exclusive rights for FUD on Youtube I think.

Top Bottom