• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei 4 announced for 3DS (Teaser site live)

wrowa

Can we expect more details (and maybe some screens too) soon or contains the Famitsu just a short news article without further details?

mollipen

Put Persona 5 on the Vita (shut up!) and I'd be happy. Vita for Persona, 3DS for other MegaTen. I could live in that world, because I'd know where my games were going to be.

Because, look, really, I'd love to be sitting here expecting an eye-meltingly beautiful Raidou 3 on PS3/X360 or whatever, but I ain't expecting that! And I just like having my SMT stuff as together as possible platform-wise.

...I thought Strange Journey was for all intents and purposes, 4. Kaneko even said so...I am excited about this, but I am very dissapointed that we STILL have no HD (or Vita at least) Megaten game other than Persona fighter.

Oooooh!

This is epic! Never thought the 3DS would get an official numbered entry to a series like this! PS3 or Vita would've been my no question guesses.

Can't what to see this!

I thought Strange Journey was considered to be 4 though?

I don't care that it's on a handheld, but I wouldn't mind it being on the Vita as well. I wish Japanese developers weren't so weird about going multiplatform with their handheld games.

Still though, yay!

Put Persona 5 on the Vita (shut up!) and I'd be happy. Vita for Persona, 3DS for other MegaTen. I could live in that world, because I'd know where my games were going to be.

Because, look, really, I'd love to be sitting here expecting an eye-meltingly beautiful Raidou 3 on PS3/X360 or whatever, but I ain't expecting that! And I just like having my SMT stuff as together as possible platform-wise.

Persona won't skip home consoles. It's their premier franchise and it'll get all the bells and whistles. PS3/360, maybe a Vita port. It's incredibly likely, especially given the team already has experience with those consoles thanks to Catherine... oh, and those consoles will be on the way out then, and Persona games seem to do well in that timeframe.

image.php

This is ridiculously off topic, but bless you for representing the true Holmes.

back to SMT gushing!

mclem

Of course, that means that the odds of a European release are similarly high, right? RIGHT?

(Actually, I would suppose that Ghostlight localising Devil Survivor is at least a promising sign.)

Edit: SUDDEN TERRIFIED REALISATION: Mara in 3D.

Junie12

Okay, that's it!

I am buying a 3DS for this! I was gonna get one eventually but I was waiting for Pokemon, but instead I'll be waiting for this :)

duckroll

Can we expect more details (and maybe some screens too) soon or contains the Famitsu just a short news article without further details?

There will be more details for sure. If they even have a website going up tomorrow, there will at least be some sort of interview. The current news we have is from a tweet by Sinobi (a retailer blogger), who has recently started to tweet notable info from Famitsu when he gets the magazine very early in the day. He never posts more information than the title, the platform, the price, and the release date.

In 2-3 hours we should have more information flowing in.

graywolf323

Gold Member
really surprised it's not for consoles

well as long as it doesn't require 3D I'll be happy (I can't really see the 3D effect and it gives me a headache almost instantly)

more RPGs for my 3DS

This is ridiculously off topic, but bless you for representing the true Holmes.

back to SMT gushing!

Jeremy Brett is the best, no competition

Eusis

Whoa, unexpected.

Odds of a US release?
I think it'd come out even if Atlus died spontaneously after its release, being hot enough for someone like Xseed or even a bigger company to bring out. I'd be more concerned about Eternal Punishment given its release timing, and even then I figure that'll just be the last relevant physical PSP game to come to the US.

Bebpo

Banned
So no SMT for PS3/360. Weird. :/

Blame Persona outselling SMT.

Persona became the big money maker for Atlus, so that's what gets the big HD budget. SMT is popular, but overshadowed by Persona, so 3DS is a much better fit budget-wise.

Top Bottom