• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Squatty Potty. Yay or Nay?

ahdurian

I've randomly wanted to get a Squatty Potty for the past two days, but not sure if I really should get it / need it.
I've heard from some of my friends who got it that they love theirs, but it takes getting used to.

What are your thoughts on it?
Do you have one? If so, what's it like?
If you don't, are you curious to know if it'll help your movements?

5taquitos

Why spend money on that? You don't have anything around your house you can prop your feet up on while taking a shit?

Why spend money on that? You don't have anything around your house you can prop your feet up on while taking a shit?

Yeah, use something else. My personal favorite is putting my hands behind my knees and elevating them to me shoulders and balancing . It's a very Zen act

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Install a pull-up bar/device and hang it just above the toilet. Sit down then start some pull-ups until fail. On the very last rep you can muster, elevate yourself as high as possible and then with the utmost force plop yourself down onto the toilet so that you hadouken the shit out of your asshole.

Weetrick

This thread is delivering so far.

For real though, get one. They're great and cheap. Not worth DIY'ing and have makeshift clutter around your toilet.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I'm not sure what's better - the instruction pamphlet that comes with it or the fact that no one that has used my bathroom has acknowledged it to me yet.

koTxhk5.jpg

I think it's fantastic. Angel wipes for days.

bunbun777

With my current toilet after about 10 mins my legs start to go dead. I like to take my time, would this help and/or would I just end up pooping faster?

Saganator

With my current toilet after about 10 mins my legs start to go dead. I like to take my time, would this help and/or would I just end up pooping faster?

I don't have a Squatty Potty, but after I saw the ad for one I decided to try a step stool that was about the same height. I was a little backed up, I grabbed the step stool and put my legs on it, and then everything started to flow. I keep the stool in the bathroom now, I don't use it all the time, but it does the trick when I'm backed up.

I got one of these for my fiancé because she was bizarrely enamored with them. She really likes it.

I don't personally notice a difference while using it, though. I don't deny the ergonomics or anything. I'm sure it really is easier for your body. But for how expensive it is, I wished it felt any different for me when I use it.

But again - my other half swears by it. So figure out which one of us is a liar and there is your answer. One of us always lies and one of us always tells the truth. You can ask one question.

I never have a problem with bowel movements, but I can understand how people who have difficulty might want to investigate the possibility of improving their performance using physical aids.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I feel like I need one just to add it to the list of unnecessary comforts I have on my toilet. Already got a glow bowl and a bidet. Why not take my poop game to the next level.

I never have a problem with bowel movements, but I can understand how people who have difficulty might want to investigate the possibility of improving their performance using physical aids.

That's not the point. The point is that our bodies didn't evolve to push out stool from a sitting position. It's better for your organs to do so from a natural, squatting position

I'm not sure what's better - the instruction pamphlet that comes with it or the fact that no one that has used my bathroom has acknowledged it to me yet.

koTxhk5.jpg

I think it's fantastic. Angel wipes for days.

That dookie technology. Get you a stool and let it happen OP. Game changer.

lunchtoast

I got the taller one, decided to return it and get a smaller one but they just refunded me and let me keep the one I got fyi.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
There's a wood one on Amazon that looks really nice. Classy.

I'm seriously considering paying $60 for a thing to put my feet on while I shit.

Eusis

Preferable to an actual squat toilet. Wouldn't mind getting something like that to see if it helps significantly in the future.

DJ_Lae

I've tried one, although I didn't find my bowels vacated any faster or easier with it - it felt more awkward than anything.

You want a life-changing toilet accessory, though? Add a bidet.

shira

I've randomly wanted to get a Squatty Potty for the past two days, but not sure if I really should get it / need it.
I've heard from some of my friends who got it that they love theirs, but it takes getting used to.

What are your thoughts on it?
Do you have one? If so, what's it like?
If you don't, are you curious to know if it'll help your movements?

You lose all of the actual squatting position by using the plastic squatty potty
A squat poo should be literally like this for optimal results.
The problem being that 99% of the US population can't do this squat position.
Squatting is better, but if you don't have the proper balance you can spend $50 for a plastic chair and get zero benefits.

That's not the point. The point is that our bodies didn't evolve to push out stool from a sitting position. It's better for your organs to do so from a natural, squatting position

How do you judge whether it's better? Is it more comfortable? Is it more hygienic?

Biske

Install a pull-up bar/device and hang it just above the toilet. Sit down then start some pull-ups until fail. On the very last rep you can muster, elevate yourself as high as possible and then with the utmost force plop yourself down onto the toilet so that you hadouken the shit out of your asshole.

This is the only way I will shit from now on

They are the truth, those struggle shits will come out easier utilizing this.

Having said that, it's not worth more than $20. Just get a cheaper knockoff, that will do the trick just fine.

don't quarter squat. your ass will be too high and all you'll do is create backsplash and the water will penetrate in your butthole.

with taht said. i loved my squatty potty. may have over done it with the height but it worked great.

Top Bottom