• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The greatest scene in a cartoon history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to bow to nostalgia.

So I'll just pick a recent one:

iy92QXzZkU2Wx.gif

Adventure Time "The Real You" (S02E15)

I swear every godamn cartoon has done this at some point. And it gets less funny the more I see it.

I remember seeing a scene from a post-Transformers episode (maybe Beast-somethings?) Where Optimus Prime was a gorilla and he was about to shoot an enemy. Right before he shoots him though he recognizes him as an old Autobot...might have been Jet/Sky Fire or Ratchet. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I remember being impressed with the "reveal" at the time.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I love this thread so much. I think I will spend my afternoon looking at all the links posted.

Levyne

Banned
My favorite cartoon scene is from Full Metal Alchemist when that doctor transmutates his daughter with his dog. That whole episode is just all sorts of fucked up. :(

One of the few parts that I though was done better in FMA and not Brotherhood, I had a knot in my stomach for a while afterwards :(\

Edit: Original (some audio delay but try finding one that isn't a damn AMV) and Brotherhood (Doesn't go far enough imo). I like both.

Platy

Uh, no. http://blabbingonartsandculture.blogspot.com/2011/05/snow-white-mosaic-part-3.html (I only get defensive about this one because Grim Natwick is 1 of the only famous people from my hometown.)

This link only said that it was animated by the dude .... not mention making the movements out of thin air.

Snow white used A HUGE amount of Rotoscopy, but that don't take away any merit from the animators.

Hand drawn rotoscopy by an animator is AGES better than computer made. So much that even to this day any good Motion Capture is tweeked by animators.

People should stop being ashamed of acepting to use reference and other methods, as it is as aceptable as any other form of inspiration since it IS basicaly all forms of inspiration =P

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
It was when Son Gokou turned into A Supa SAYAJIN !!

Also Super Saiyain 1 1/2 or Ultra Super Saiyan Trunks (bulky) was my idol! Holy shit!
250px-TrunksFutureUltraSuperSaiyan-Ep164.png

KillGore

Most of the ones I can think of have already been mentioned (Bugs Bunny on top of horse, Goku SSJ1 transformation, The Flash, etc) but I want to add one of my favorite scenes, I know it's not the greatest but I fucking love it. Those who have seen it may understand.

seymour.gif

How dare you market your show as a comedy and make me cry

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
When Goku turned Super Saiyan.

Or when it was announced that Krillin Married Android 18, which caused me to jack off thinking about robot sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom