• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5: Director's Cut coming soon

Snaku said:
It should have been this way before, dammit. Right when
Jill was freed from Wesker's control
, Chris should have told that Sheva to take a hike. It still kills me that Jill didn't play a major role in taking out
Wesker
. What a crock of shit.

I think this could be the flashback scenario.

Darkpen

Banned
FUCK.

Why do I never learn my fucking lesson and just not enter threads for games I want to play, only to read like.... a line, and have shit spoiled for me.

Fuck, I need to rent RE5. Fuck.

JFJSDREWJHRLWEJRFSD;JGD

Jinjo

rockman zx said:
I think this could be the flashback scenario.

That's what I'm thinking. It also fits the "it was most requested by the fans" bit. Seeing as how not everyone wants Sheva dead. :lol

Daigoro

and dont make this shit PS3 exclusive Capcom. at least put out the extra content on PC or something.

i never did get to play Seperate Ways. :(

i gotta rectify that.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
separate ways was kind of shitty, to be honest. you weren't missing much

yurinka

Daigoro said:
and dont make this shit PS3 exclusive Capcom. at least put out the extra content on PC or something.

i never did get to play Seperate Ways. :(

i gotta rectify that.
Don't worry, it's Capcom. If it's exclusive, will be timed exclusive.

Daigoro

i hope so yurinka. id like to without having to buy it again for a whole other system.

Rez: i still would have liked to play it on my system of choice though. :/

not that i dont like the PS2/3. i just would prefer not to have to buy copies on other systems just for some dumb side mission.

i guess ill live either way. its just annoying.

Safe Bet

Banned
Fuck buying Day One, just wait a bit to get the superior version at the same price.

*glare*

Sorry to lash out but I'm a little pissed my version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance is gimped and I'm unable to get all the game's acheivments without buying additional DLC.

*fist pump*

gogogow

Releasedate: Spring 2010, Launch with the Sony wand. So it will be at least time exclusive.

2nw342u.jpg

Daigoro

Safe Bet said:
Fuck buying Day One, just wait a bit to get the superior version at the same price.

*glare*

the superior version sure the fuck aint gonna be the PS3 version.

it may have waggle and extra conent (if they dont release it for other platforms). but it will be in no way superior.

edit: s'ok i know the feeling.

-Winnie-

gogogow said:
Releasedate: Spring 2010, Launch with the Sony wand. So it will be at least time exclusive.

2nw342u.jpg

Oh wow, so is it a pack-in? Pretty cool if true, and that's sure to push a few units.

Jinjo

Looks like Chris and Jill are in their S.T.A.R.S. uniforms. This is going to be awesome if it really is going to tell what happened at the mansion. Don't know how I feel about the wand stuff. Let's hope it comes as DLC for all platforms eventually.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Well, at least Wii fans who wouldn't play RE5 due to lack of Wii-mote aiming can be satisfied now. ;) This should easily eclipse RE4 Wii Edition on the control front, at least.

ArjanN

dark10x said:
Well, at least Wii fans who wouldn't play RE5 due to lack of Wii-mote aiming can be satisfied now. ;) This should easily eclipse RE4 Wii Edition on the control front, at least.

The PC version already has an optional wii-syle aiming method in it.

Zenith

Banned
RickA238 said:
Hey OP, thanks a lot for the spoilers, jerk.

You're blaming me? Never mind that the intro shows Jill as presumed dead. Never mind that the trailers show her being controlled by Wesker. Never mind that one week after RE5's release Capcom published these screens

resident-evil-5-20090312100226234_640w.jpg

resident-evil-5-20090312100217046_640w.jpg

How were you even planning to follow this Director's Cut title without finding out what happened to her before-hand? How could you even know its existence without it being revealed? Being rescued by a chopper is a spoiler? Why it's only how RE4, RE3, RE1, RE:GS, RE Outbreak, RE Outbreak File 2 and RE Gaiden ended. Yeah the story's ruined knowing what vehicle they used.

btw, Wesker dies, as revealed by Capcom and on the frontpages of every single games site in a public announcement.
Wesker Gone for Good, Capcom asserts villain has seen his final days.

Damn you, Capcom!

Caj814

Wesker will always be in RE as long as there is a Mercenaries mode so you shouldn't worry too much.Plus there could be
WESKER CLONES ala Big Boss that we don't know about or Capcom could just pull right out of their ass!:lol

so1337

dark10x said:
This should easily eclipse RE4 Wii Edition on the control front, at least.
Wii Edition's controls were just about perfect though. It's hard to eclipse perfection. Nevertheless if the controls are as good as RE4's I'll play this. End of story.

dark10x

ArjanN said:
The PC version already has an optional wii-syle aiming method in it.
Does it?

I have the PC version. How would I go about using that? What device would I use? Can I use the Wii-mote?

I enjoy gamepad controls, but I wouldn't mind trying this.

Wii Edition's controls were just about perfect though. It's hard to eclipse perfection. Nevertheless if the controls are as good as RE4's I'll play this. End of story.
They were not perfect. The Wii-mote pointing capabilities are not as accurate as they could be. The wand allows for a much greater accuracy while aiming.

Degen

Caj814 said:
Wesker will always be in RE as long as there is a Mercenaries mode so you shouldn't worry too much.Plus there could be
WESKER CLONES ala Big Boss that we don't know about or Capcom could just pull right out of their ass!:lol
Yeah, in RE5, didn't the old man say that
Wesker was man-made anyway? Clones sound like a given.

[Nintex]

RickA238 said:
Hey OP, thanks a lot for the spoilers, jerk.
oh mah god, Jill in a Resident Evil game.

You know, I bet Bowser shows up in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, oh shit I spoiled the surprise.

dark10x

Nachkebia said:
I can not possibly imagine what they can change to make this game worth wasting our time, what an awful game....
Awful? Really? Surely that's hyperbole.

andthebeatgoeson

Wario64 said:
So will they include the deathmatch mode now or is that still not budgeted for the director's cut?
No, not in budget and due to the financial crisis, Chris' biceps will have to be toned down. But they are available for DLC. And you don't want to see what sheva looks like.

dark10x said:
Ah, I have a cold. That's why I can't hear my sarcasm alert. Fuckin sniffles.

DLC can only be used if holding onto your credit card at the same time.

[Nintex]

Degen said:
Yeah, in RE5, didn't the old man say that
Wesker was man-made anyway? Clones sound like a given.
He'll probably pull a Matrix Agent next and turn people into himself. Or Takeuchi really killed him off, because honestly, Wesker was nothing more than an impersonation of Mikami's sunglasses fetish and how can we kill him without a glorious orange weakspot of doom?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
dark10x said:
They were not perfect. The Wii-mote pointing capabilities are not as accurate as they could be. The wand allows for a much greater accuracy while aiming.
You do realize that statement is full of shit, correct? Say what you will about the motion capabilities of the Wii remote and WM+, but the Wii's pointing system is far and away the more practical between the two, not to mention the control layout of the Wii is more cohesive. The demo they had at the event had them using a DS3 in the left hand with the wand in the right. this thing is out in SPRING.

Anyway, after DSC's Latin American levels, I'm pretty much expecting something like this to show up for the Wii sooner than later as well.

so1337

dark10x said:
They were not perfect. The Wii-mote pointing capabilities are not as accurate as they could be.
I disagree. The Wii Remote is a piece of crap in terms of accuracy (without MotionPlus) BUT it's infrared pointer is accurate and always was accurate.

dark10x

doomed1 said:
You do realize that statement is full of shit, correct? Say what you will about the motion capabilities of the Wii remote and WM+, but the Wii's pointing system is far and away the more practical between the two, not to mention the control layout of the Wii is more cohesive. The demo they had at the event had them using a DS3 in the left hand with the wand in the right. this thing is out in SPRING.
Why is the Wii's pointing system more practical? It's less accurate and still requires a device placed above or below your display.

Furthermore, the DS3 is at least wireless. Having the Wii-mote and nunchuck tethered together is not a positive thing.

BUT it's infrared pointer is accurate and always was accurate.
Don't agree at all. I've always had issues with it. Unless you have a perfect lighting setup with a perfect distance between you and the sensor bar, the pointer runs into troubles. Small, accurate motions result in a glitchy cursor far too often. I sit about 8ft from my display and it's still far from perfect. It's not bad, but it could be better. It's nowhere near as accurate as what Sony is showing.

Besides, sure you can appreciate the additional power the system itself brings to the table. In addition to the superior accuracy of the wand, the PS3 itself will be able to do more complex interactions with this controller as a result of its more powerful hardware.

so1337

dark10x said:
Don't agree at all. I've always had issues with it. Unless you have a perfect lighting setup with a perfect distance between you and the sensor bar, the pointer runs into troubles. Small, accurate motions result in a glitchy cursor far too often. I sit about 8ft from my display and it's still far from perfect. It's not bad, but it could be better. It's nowhere near as accurate as what Sony is showing.
Personally I never had any issues with it (that's why I'm saying it's perfect) but I can see where you're coming from.
dark10x said:
Besides, sure you can appreciate the additional power the system itself brings to the table. In addition to the superior accuracy of the wand, the PS3 itself will be able to do more complex interactions with this controller as a result of its more powerful hardware.
Hell yeah, I'm all over that. Don't get me wrong. I'm going to play this if it turns out any good (it probably will) and I think the wand will be a great addition to the PS3.

hellclerk

dark10x said:
Why is the Wii's pointing system more practical? It's less accurate and still requires a device placed above or below your display.
if you noticed, so does the PS3's wand, you know, the camera on top of the TV. you see, the Wiimote acts similarly to a lightgun in that it recognizes points of light/color and can act upon them. because of modern TVs, lightguns don't work so well, thus Nintendo implemented a modular system that worked on the same principle as arcade shooters with LCD screens: they used opposed infrared lights to determine position and distance from the television. thus, using these lights as a guideline, a programmer can put in the parameters of the screen he's working with. this is modular and scalable by TV size and sitting distance by adjusting sensitivity.

the PS3 wand on the other hand does that all backwards. sure, it's able to calculate the absolute position of the wand in space with the camera, and the accelerometer and gyroscope do the part of calculating the objects orientation in space, but BOTH of these parameters must be used in conjunction in order to get accurate results in pointing, while the Wii only uses one set. this is a problem because the accelerometer and the gyroscope can be fooled by movement that's too rapid or sharp, and thus must be carefully programmed to keep out the noise. theoretically, it can work just as well as the Wii pointer, practically however, is another issue.

both systems suffer from the same lighting problems as they're both IR systems, but the Wii's system for pointing is ideal as it focuses on a more reliable and simpler system, one that's been used for YEARS.

Furthermore, the DS3 is at least wireless. Having the Wii-mote and nunchuck tethered together is not a positive thing.
now you're just grasping at straws. that boils down to practicality on the manufacturing and consumer side. it's easier and cheaper to make the nunchuck tethered to the Wii than to dedicate extra cost and weight to a bluetooth radio and battery pack for both parties. that's to say nothing of the potential controller latency. it's more beneficial to me to have a wired nunchuck, and few would see the tethering of the two as bothersome. the awkward handling of holding a controller designed for two hands in one on the other hand, is far more problematic.

hellclerk

dark10x said:
I can see we are not going to come to an agreement on this one... :\
what is there to disagree on? we're speaking in objectives. the PS3 is perfectly capable of pointing and shooting, it's just that the way it goes about interpreting such an input is literally backwards in comparison to the Wii, and thus needs more reference information on the position of the wand. it'll still work, it just wont work as efficiently, and thus accurately if (relative) equal time is put into implementation of controls.

ArjanN

dark10x said:
Does it?

I have the PC version. How would I go about using that? What device would I use? Can I use the Wii-mote?

I enjoy gamepad controls, but I wouldn't mind trying this.

I was referring to the mouse & keyboard controls, it's in the options. One of the control options is a free floating pointer.

I know you can use the Wii-mote with PC through bluetooth, don't know if RE5 let's you map the controls to it.

jax (old)

Banned
whats your execuse for not having played the new RE game if you're a fan. Its only been out for more than half a year?

Pppffft

anyhow.
Hmmmmmmm

this might be wand seller.

Nemesis_

Fark that artwork from the Sony conference is hot (even if it is a shitty render.)

The Spencer Mansion mission wouldn't work. I can't see Spencer having his mansion over-run by BOWs >_>

dark10x

doomed1 said:
what is there to disagree on? we're speaking in objectives. the PS3 is perfectly capable of pointing and shooting, it's just that the way it goes about interpreting such an input is literally backwards in comparison to the Wii, and thus needs more reference information on the position of the wand. it'll still work, it just wont work as efficiently, and thus accurately if (relative) equal time is put into implementation of controls.
Based on what has been shown and demonstrated, the wand allows for a level of accuracy I know the Wii-mote is incapable of matching. You're claiming otherwise.

We are both limited by the fact that neither of us have used the Sony wand at this point. I am simply basing my opinion on my experience with the Wii-mote versus the wand demonstrations.

The Wii pointer is accurate enough on a macro level, but terrible with finer precision based movements. That does not seem to be the case with the wand.

I was referring to the mouse & keyboard controls, it's in the options. One of the control options is a free floating pointer.

I know you can use the Wii-mote with PC through bluetooth, don't know if RE5 let's you map the controls to it.
Mouse and keyboard are indeed superior to the Wii-mote, but that isn't the same thing Wii fans were clamoring for. I suppose the Wii-mote could be used on the PC, however, as has been demonstrated many times.

This better come as DLC or an expansion disk or something, because I don't want to spend $60 for this game again. And I hope this whole motion control thing is only $20 or something =/

hellclerk

dark10x said:
Based on what has been shown and demonstrated, the wand allows for a level of accuracy I know the Wii-mote is incapable of matching. You're claiming otherwise.

We are both limited by the fact that neither of us have used the Sony wand at this point. I am simply basing my opinion on my experience with the Wii-mote versus the wand demonstrations.

The Wii pointer is accurate enough on a macro level, but terrible with finer precision based movements. That does not seem to be the case with the wand.
i'm kind of curious, what HAS been demonstrated for the pointing capabilities of the device? i remember the E3 preview, but it was pretty sluggish iirc. yes, i know, the 1:1 on the wand is more consistent across the board, but the pointing function is NOT, quite simply because the pointing function is SEPARATE. my experience with the Wii remote has been nothing but silky smooth performance at ranges of 3 to 15 feet. yes, I had to adjust the sensitivity once or twice, but i can still line up the crosshairs on a scope in WaW on the Wii and get a perfect headshot over a 2-3 pixel area, so the accuracy is certainly there. your experience could just as easily be you not setting your sensitivity right. don't feel bad, you wouldn't believe how many people don't even know how to set up HD cables.

edit: anyway, lets not derail the thread any longer. this is just a matter of tech and programming, something they'l have just fine on RE5:Wand Edition. a PS3 still costs $300 and i'm still a broke college student, so honestly, at this point it doesn't bother me too much. I wouldn't be surprised if a RE5: Wii Edition came out though, judging from the recent DSC screens. in fact, i expect it.

Top Bottom