• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to mortgage the house/raid the savings :p

Funny you should mention The Castle of Cagliostro, got that a few weeks ago on blu ray but need to get the time to watch it again. First time in my adult life too I think haha.

Same. Nabbed it with an Amazon Gift Card and still haven't checked it out. I haven't watched the film since I was a teen.

Cornbread78

Aho Girl ep.8
JX1VgPT.png
Anlther step damn from the first 6, but still pretty entertaining. Poor Dog has got it bad!

Clov

Finally, I have internet in my apartment! Now I need to get caught up on all the anime I'm behind on.

I might start the new Precure too, I've heard it's really good.

Food Wars 8 and 9

I like the rivalry going on between Soma and Takumi. The bus scene afterwards was hilarious. Soma and Erina humming the ending theme was really cute too. Also this show is making me want to actually cook something that isn't basic.

The moment when SoTaku became canon! 2 of the 3 best boys in the series.

A bit of a long shot, is anyone else also following Saiyuki ^^ ?

Saiyuki reload BLast is in the top 5 best anime of the season, Goku backstory was amazing.

John Blade

Not Joe (obviously) but if you wanna see Anime collections I'd be happy to share mine:

And now the tour! The collection is double layered, starting in the back:

Hope this was interesting! Sorry for the wall of anime!

Sweet Anime collection you have there Vald. I did post my anime collection here before but it's a bit old now (1 year+ since the picture was taken) and have few more anime DVD and Blu-ray in my collection. Unfortunately, I don't have a the big DVD shelf right now in my room to show my collection and most now are in a plastic bin as I just extract the video file from the disc and put it in a HDD. The image is the last image I took a year+ ago now.

My Anime Collection in April 27, 2016 by .John.Blade., on Flickr

Clov

Speaking of anime BDs, I can't find anything I'm looking for in Japan so far. I've checked several Mandarake and Book-Off locations for the Baccano BD set and Rurouni Kenshin Trust and Betrayal, but no luck so far. Hopefully they'll turn up eventually.

Man, the Funimation app on PS4 is so unresponsive compared to Crunchy's. Decided to grab a free trial because they have more of the older stuff to watch but not sure I'll keep the sub going.

They need to fundamentally rebuild their apps from the ground up. I've founded their completely updated Roku app they launched a few months back to be their best working app but it still suffers from some bugs.

Eh, that's true. :p I was kind of hoping to find a bargain on them, so I could always use Amazon if I can't find them after a little more searching...

Not sure you'll find a bargain at Mandarake though. Better chance of that at Book-Off of course.

Oh, and you should check Lashinbang as well if you're looking for pre-owned stuff (although it might be even less of a chance of getting a bargain there).

Sweet Anime collection you have there Vald. I did post my anime collection here before but it's a bit old now (1 year+ since the picture was taken) and have few more anime DVD and Blu-ray in my collection. Unfortunately, I don't have a the big DVD shelf right now in my room to show my collection and most now are in a plastic bin as I just extract the video file from the disc and put it in a HDD. The image is the last image I took a year+ ago now.

Niiiice. I see some stuff in there I wish I'd managed to nab before it became impossible to find.

Clov

Not sure you'll find a bargain at Mandarake though. Better chance of that at Book-Off of course.

Oh, and you should check Lashinbang as well if you're looking for pre-owned stuff (although it might be even less of a chance of getting a bargain there).

I've found some pretty neat stuff at the Lashinbang's I found in Ikebukuro! Mostly stuff like prize figures and keychains, but still neat nonetheless. I should try and go to some more elsewhere when I'm more free.

I've found some pretty neat stuff at the Lashinbang's I found in Ikebukuro! Mostly stuff like prize figures and keychains, but still neat nonetheless. I should try and go to some more elsewhere when I'm more free.

Lashinbang 1 in Nakano Broadway got some BDs at least.

Oh, and you could check Trader 2 and the nearby Mulan in Akiba as well (near KFC).

Cornbread78

Dragonaut The Resonance ep.1-3
Have you guys every just grabbed something completely random to watch? Well, this is the result of a random pick of something dubbed that I knew nothing about.

You always know something will be good when it starts with a tragedy, a childhood promise and being saved by a beautiful girl right?!?

I guess this one checked all those boxes in the first couple episodes until more tragedy struck in the third.. I'm not sure what I got myself into but it isn't terrible yet, so there is that. Just how far down the rabbit hole does this show go?

Clov

Lashinbang 1 in Nakano Broadway got some BDs at least.

Oh, and you could check Trader 2 and the nearby Mulan in Akiba as well (near KFC).

I think I looked in that first one, but I didn't find anything. Speaking of Nakano Broadway, it's honestly just such a weird place. I like it, but it's like a garage sale that took over an entire mall. Just an odd atmosphere about there.

I'll try to check out the Trader near the KFC when I'm free. Thanks for the tip!

I'll try to check out the Trader near the KFC when I'm free. Thanks for the tip!

Don't forget Mulan as well a bit further down the same road past the uh... adult store :p

Not the same as the Mulan on the 'main' street, which is even more cramped for space.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 21:

This series is getting me to hate Sasuke in new ways, many new ways, and it is kind of amazing.

Kyuur

Watching Gundam SEED HD with my SO and we just hit the second opening; I didn't remember how lazy these were with 90% reused scenes. New song being worse isn't even dampened by new visuals :lol:

phaze

Newest Houseki no Kuni PV.

----
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet OVA 1-2

Coming back to this world and characters is undoubtedly a pleasant experience but it can't quite disguise the fact that at least on its own, it's a superflous add-on and some of the story choices like the extended flashback to the storm during S1 scream rewrite and inserting of events that were previously not accounted for.

Which one catch your eye?

Oh like the Macross DVDs you got. I only ever managed to snag volumes 1-3. Didn't have enough money in my teens for the rest and by the time I did all gone and crazy expensive. Nice catch on your part.

Edit: specifically the ones in the lower left. I have 1-3 of that release.

John Blade

Oh like the Macross DVDs you got. I only ever managed to snag volumes 1-3. Didn't have enough money in my teens for the rest and by the time I did all gone and crazy expensive. Nice catch on your part.

Edit: specifically the ones in the lower left. I have 1-3 of that release.

Ahh...the ADV Macross DVD collection. I just got lucky when I got them from goodwill store as someone leave they entire anime collection they own there. Also, got them at half price at the time so, manage to get quite a few of the anime collection with the bundle.

If you think the ADV Macross complete collection is expensive, you might want to check the Maison Ikkoku - Box Set Volume 1 to 8 from Viz. Was release during the Inuyasha craze in North America but no one really buy the box set. This mean the last few volume was hard to come by and price for the used market is crazy. Don't ask how much I spend as it will make you weep a bit.

John Blade

Why investing so much in DVDs and stuff if you know that can't take them with you when you get reincernated into another world?

The same reason why people try to have kids in this world. Why spend the money, hours of your life to bring a new life form in this world for up to 18 years of your life (or more). Better if I am the guy below then.

franco30rock3.jpg

blurr

New Game S2 07

Nenecchi getting interviewed and hired wasn't enough so we have two new characters as well with bubbling conflicts simultaneously. This just keeps getting better, AotS continues to be AotS.

Umiko relaying her expectations for Nene was a strong moment, at first it didn't make sense as to why Aoba would sit along for her interview, seems counter intuitive with how interviews would go but it made sense once it came to an end. The sequence after Aoba left was almost symbolic to the show rising above what it appears to be this season.

Cornbread78

Girlfriend Gal ep.7
Fu(k... Why do they keep including the pedophile friend that shit just isn't funny...
The rest, well, it was $hit like usual, but a kind of cute moment with Yume and Mr. Virgin at the end....

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I watched the first four episodes of Gal Girl dub. The show is okay but the dub just cracks me up. Everytime the girlfriend opens her mouth it is just the most ridiculous valley girl accent.

zulux21

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1661/26592286012_38d3dc19b0_h.jpg[mg][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/GvSqaS]My Anime Collection in April 27, 2016[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/47299136@N06/].John.Blade.[/url], on Flickr[/QUOTE]

I should get motivated to sort and take some new pictures of my collection.

I wonder if I have broken 500 unique series yet.

I also need to decide how I will do my import collection vs NA collection.

anyways here is a random picture of a squishy coo until I get motivated to take a picture of my collection

[url]http://i.imgur.com/XQPUUUI.jpg[/url]

:P

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sakura Quest Episode 21:

I am constantly amazed at how good this show got after such a rough start and may earning my AOTY honors. Also it took me awhile and some research on the subject but this series is the ultimate inversion on fantasy tropes and I enjoy that, I enjoy that a lot of problems faced here are actually very deep, intrinsic and maybe unsolvable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom