• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

smisk

Probably a little late on this, but I'm really diggin the new Tiger's Jaw album. Love hearing Brianna more. Get to see them in October!

Listened to the Brand New album twice last night. Best guitars I've heard from them throughout it, I think. The bluesy riff in 451 I mean god damn. I love all their albums but I'm glad they are always so different because if they weren't we wouldn't get really cool shit like that.

It's early but my general thought so far is that while it doesn't have as many 10/10 banger tracks as other Brand New albums, it's more consistently good than some of their other shit. Can't think of a song right now I don't at least like if not love, whereas even Devil and God had Handcuffs -- the worst Brand New song by a mile.

imBask

Banned
it's the worst Brand New album by about a billion miles

Doubt i'll ever even bother giving it a 2nd listen. It's the type of album that can retroactively make me reconsider the band's legitimacy but i'll give them a pass and say they just lost it since they're just old farts now

it's the worst Brand New album by about a billion miles

Doubt i'll ever even bother giving it a 2nd listen. It's the type of album that can retroactively make me reconsider the band's legitimacy but i'll give them a pass and say they just lost it since they're just old farts now

Going a little far there.

But you do you.

olympia

Listened to the Brand New album twice last night. Best guitars I've heard from them throughout it, I think. The bluesy riff in 451 I mean god damn. I love all their albums but I'm glad they are always so different because if they weren't we wouldn't get really cool shit like that.

Can't think of a song right now I don't at least like if not love, whereas even Devil and God had Handcuffs -- the worst Brand New song by a mile.

agreed

haveheart

Banned
Any Front Bottoms fans here (I dunno if they're really considered emo but I think it's close enough)? Apparently we're getting something from them on Wednesday..

https://twitter.com/TheFrontBottoms/status/895314284623691779

Dunno if it's gonna be an album, single, or just an announcement. Would love form them to drop a new record with no warning though.

Fuck yes!

I think they hit the studio after their EU tour last winter. I hope this is a new album (I'm quite sure). Thx for the info, now im excited.

smisk

The new Front Bottoms video is cool, but I don't love the song. Still excited for the album, the last one took some time to grow on me. And I'm definitely gonna get tickets for their tour! They put on some of the best shows I've seen.

haveheart

Banned
The music video for DVP was all video games themed. Maybe teasing a new video?

So, it's a new video for Old Wounds. Will watch later. I was hoping for a bigger announcement tbh...

The new Front Bottoms video is cool, but I don't love the song. Still excited for the album, the last one took some time to grow on me. And I'm definitely gonna get tickets for their tour! They put on some of the best shows I've seen.

I like the production, it doesn't sound like Back on Top so that's good. After listening to it a couple of times, it's starting to grow on me.

And yes, their live shows are awesome, everyfuckingbody sings along. I hope they'll add an EU tour after this one.

edit:

holy shit

the new pup video is an interactive video game. you're their tour manager and you can choose how the music video proceeds. I just failed, game over, and was fired as their manager. this is the coolest thing. https://youtu.be/5ty4QADcwgs

New Turnover record is officially out. Haven't had the chance to listen to the whole thing but the singles were extremely in my wheelhouse so I'm pumped on this.

I have a lot of concerts coming up...

September I have Touche Amore.

October I have Wolves in the Throne Room and Brand New

November I have TWIABP/Rozwell Kid, Remo Drive, and Japandroids.

There is also the possibility of me going to Dunk Fest in early October.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I've just learned about all this unpleasentness with Matt (now Lou) from JANK:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Emo/comments/6xtoq0/the_truth_about_lou_diamond_why_you_should_not/

tl;dr they're an abuser of underage girls, I know that they'd made a post about thierside of a story of a potential incident last summer I think? But there's a whole new light shed on it this week I think and frankly I'm devastated to read all this. JANK were making such good music and now I'm not sure I feel I can even listen to it anymore. I'm just glad I never bought any of their physical records.

olympia

that really blows. I feel so bad for the victim

gonna see the bruce lee band with the new lineup that has jeff rosenstock and dan potthast. pretty pumped for that. gonna relive some sweet ska days

not emo but idc

A total bummer about the guy from Jank. It sort of patterns after what went down with the singer of Cheap Girls.

It sucks that the victim has this swell up again after how many months, but I hope it helps some to have the truth in the open, instead of being masked for this self-love narrative.

that really blows. I feel so bad for the victim

gonna see the bruce lee band with the new lineup that has jeff rosenstock and dan potthast. pretty pumped for that. gonna relive some sweet ska days

not emo but idc

Bruce Lee Band is so good. That self-titled album with Less than Jake backing is underrated as fuck, even during its time.

You're over there seeing them and Jawbreaker and I'm over here waiting around for Irma and the Category 5s to get on stage. I hear they suck live. No fair.

haveheart

Banned
21317787_10156758869603975_1073234453710490878_n.jpg

They are coming to Europe and will play three shows in Germany. I'll try to go to all of them. I saw them last December and it was the best concert I've ever been to.

Also +Smith and +Brick and Mortar is awesome.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
They are coming to Europe and will play three shows in Germany. I'll try to go to all of them. I saw them last December and it was the best concert I've ever been to.

Also +Smith and +Brick and Mortar is awesome.

Playing my city too, real tempted by this, saw Front Bottoms a couple of months ago and they were sweet, Smith Street are tite too.

I am seeing Touche Amore tonight! Can't wait!! Been awhile since I have seen them live

Edit: FUCK THEY WERE SO GOOD! Jeremy is such a good vocalist....

Kawl_USC

I am seeing Touche Amore tonight! Can't wait!! Been awhile since I have seen them live

Edit: FUCK THEY WERE SO GOOD! Jeremy is such a good vocalist....
I forget are you a fan of Pinegrove? Going to their show at Walters next Thursday.

Free Throw just announced a show in early December as well.

I forget are you a fan of Pinegrove? Going to their show at Walters next Thursday.

Free Throw just announced a show in early December as well.

Nah.. I won't be there. The next show in Houston I will be at is Wolves in the Throne Room

Is Caberbully Mom Club's drummer the JANK drummer? Couldn't find any info on that but he sure looks like him...

I don't believe it's the same drummer. There would be hullabaloo about it lol

Going on Oct 5, so hyped 😁😁

Nice! It'll be an awesome show!

TWIABP's new album, Always Foreign is fucking legit.

A mixture between Whenever and Harmlessness.

Really really good. Glad to see that after losing Derrick/Nicole they didn't suck lol

You can tell that she is not writing songs anymore since she was the main driver for so long but this still feels like TWIABP for sure.

haveheart

Banned
Nah.. I won't be there. The next show in Houston I will be at is Wolves in the Throne Room

I don't believe it's the same drummer. There would be hullabaloo about it lol

Nice! It'll be an awesome show!

I think it's him. They're also from Philadelphia and his name is Sam. But that's probably old news. I can't find any new talks or articles about them...

Top Bottom