• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Voorhees
Member
(06-19-2017, 08:35 PM)
Voorhees's Avatar
According to the Playstation Blog NES Jason is coming with his own unique kill as well so maybe he's a little more than a re-skinned 3.

PS Blog
Retro Edge
Banned
(06-19-2017, 08:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Sephzilla

I'm hoping we get the boat from Part 8 and maybe the space ship from Part 10. I'm not sure how those maps would work with the normal mechanics of the game though (like calling the cops, for example)

Oh man, I saw 8 last week and had so many ideas for the ship, that thing was huge, so many rooms. Would fit perfectly to the game and gives you a more vertical experience.
Calling cops can stay calling cops, maybe they come via helicopter or you have to go to a specific location where they "dock on" and you have to go there.
Escaping can even stay too, you just have to repair the life boat.
Troubled Bat
Member
(06-19-2017, 08:36 PM)
Troubled Bat's Avatar

Originally Posted by FullMetaltech

Id love it if they added rain. Would be ideal especially if your driving and have to use the wipers to see where you're going.

Exactly! I think it'd make things a whole lot better if there was some sort weather going to play into. Even having fog would be pretty damn cool to have. It adds into the creep factor and would intensify a game, I would think.
F0rneus
Tears in the rain
(06-19-2017, 08:36 PM)
F0rneus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Voorhees

According to the Playstation Blog NES Jason is coming with his own unique kill as well so maybe he's a little more than a re-skinned 3.

PS Blog

It needs the death sound effect from the NES game. Come on!

Originally Posted by Retro Edge

Oh man, I saw 8 last week and had so many ideas for the ship, that thing was huge, so many rooms. Would fit perfectly to the game and gives you a more vertical experience.
Calling cops can stay calling cops, maybe they come via helicopter or you have to go to a specific location where they "dock on" and you have to go there.
Escaping can even stay too, you just have to repair the life boat.

Yes to all of that. YES
jmizzal
Member
(06-19-2017, 08:38 PM)
jmizzal's Avatar
Jason X is got be coming, I think they are saving him for the big update, he is way different then the others
Sephzilla
Member
(06-19-2017, 08:42 PM)
Sephzilla's Avatar

Originally Posted by Retro Edge

Oh man, I saw 8 last week and had so many ideas for the ship, that thing was huge, so many rooms. Would fit perfectly to the game and gives you a more vertical experience.
Calling cops can stay calling cops, maybe they come via helicopter or you have to go to a specific location where they "dock on" and you have to go there.
Escaping can even stay too, you just have to repair the life boat.

Yeah I definitely want this.

I wonder how a more vertical map would play as Jason. I imagine it would make shifting a lot more troublesome
Voorhees
Member
(06-19-2017, 08:44 PM)
Voorhees's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sephzilla

Yeah I definitely want this.

I wonder how a more vertical map would play as Jason. I imagine it would make shifting a lot more troublesome

Shifting? Unless they make the map a vertical slice it renders Morphing useless
Malalaw
Member
(06-19-2017, 08:46 PM)
Malalaw's Avatar
Alright added a couple of you guys. Hoping to play some today.
Sephzilla
Member
(06-19-2017, 08:48 PM)
Sephzilla's Avatar

Originally Posted by Voorhees

Shifting? Unless they make the map a vertical slice it renders Morphing useless

I think Morphing could still work on a vertical boat like map. It mostly depends on how the "layers" of the boat would be set up
Ganhyun
Member
(06-19-2017, 08:51 PM)
Ganhyun's Avatar
Im happy they are giving some free content to their userbase, but I wish they'd fix the xbox one crashes and stuff first.
F0rneus
Tears in the rain
(06-19-2017, 08:56 PM)
F0rneus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sephzilla

I think Morphing could still work on a vertical boat like map. It mostly depends on how the "layers" of the boat would be set up

They just to need to map out all floors of the boat. And you can switch between map layers.
Lettuce
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:04 PM)
Lettuce's Avatar

Originally Posted by F0rneus

Part 5 is great and the kills were heavily censored. Some of them were so gruesome they had to be reshot instead of just cut. Plus it's got Tommy Jarvis as a kung fu headcase. What's not to love?

Dat body slam through the table though!...

Last edited by Lettuce; 06-19-2017 at 09:08 PM.
drotahorror
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:05 PM)
drotahorror's Avatar

Originally Posted by F0rneus

Part 5 is great and the kills were heavily censored. Some of them were so gruesome they had to be reshot instead of just cut. Plus it's got Tommy Jarvis as a kung fu headcase. What's not to love?

I dunno, I literally just watched part 5 yesterday morning. I didn't think the kills were that good. I looked up the uncut version and read a couple of different websites about what was cut and most of it doesn't sound very drastic. One notable exception was that Violet's death was originally supposed to be her getting stabbed in the vagina, which was never even filmed, although you can find a picture of her with bloody pants on.

Violet was dope as fuck though.

I like her little dance too, it was cute - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzHlN498Iyw

Although I've seen all the f13 movies a few times, it's been a while and I've been watching them all again. Mainly because I spent a small fortune on the F13 bluray collection.
Tinman dX
Banned
(06-19-2017, 09:07 PM)

Originally Posted by JHoNNy1OoO

There really is no true "stealth" in this game. The longer the game goes just the higher chance Jason has to see you with his Sense since it becomes more potent(longer range, less fear to show up). It also doesn't help that every single experienced Jason is just constantly toggling it every 5 seconds to see if they spot a red blip on their screen.

You can hide in Tents, and out houses and under beds and in closets and if you have a good composure character and perks to up your chances to be undetected by sense you can survive by hiding.

I've literally seen people just hide in the car with out turning it on Jason usually walks by it lol
Sephzilla
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:09 PM)
Sephzilla's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lettuce

Dat body slam through the table though!...

Attitude Adjustment, through the table! BAH GAWD SOMEONE STOP THE DAMN MATCH
Chaotic-Strike
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:09 PM)
Chaotic-Strike's Avatar
I demand this be the cabin music when NES Jason is chosen in a match.
JarrodL
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:09 PM)
JarrodL's Avatar
So apparently the new trend is players leaving the game as soon as Jason grabs them to deny them the kill credit. This really needs to be fixed.
Lettuce
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:09 PM)
Lettuce's Avatar

Originally Posted by drotahorror

Although I've seen all the f13 movies a few times, it's been a while and I've been watching them all again. Mainly because I spent a small fortune on the F13 bluray collection.

Think Part 6 is the best
chaosaeon
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:12 PM)
chaosaeon's Avatar

Originally Posted by drotahorror

Party 5 is pretty bad and was lazy as hell when it came to kills. The best parts are with the black kid, maybe put him in, but grown up a bit as a counselor. The nudity was pretty on point too.

I'll say. I still remember the girl with that guy in the woods. I was not prepared, lol.

On the topic of Nes/Retro Jason, is it just me, or does the sprite from the Nes game actually look like a P6 recolor with a different weapon would've been a closer match than the recolored P3 ? The Nes sprite has a done up coat with a collar and what appears to be gloves, and a rounder looking mask. All things the J6 model has. I'm glad they're adding him, I just think he looks a little weird with the blue bare skin arms and his ears sticking out.
StrongBelwas
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:13 PM)
StrongBelwas's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lettuce

Think Part 6 is the best

I like 1-7 I think 8 and onwards is pretty terrible.
StrongBelwas
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:16 PM)
StrongBelwas's Avatar

Originally Posted by chaosaeon

I'll say. I still remember the girl with that guy in the woods. I was not prepared, lol.


You're not the only one...

https://youtu.be/qG8iAtpavK4
drotahorror
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:21 PM)
drotahorror's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lettuce

Think Part 6 is the best

I like part 4 the best. It's almost the perfect slasher movie. It's paced well, good kills and gore, nudity, and Crispin Glover dancing.
Sephzilla
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:22 PM)
Sephzilla's Avatar

Originally Posted by drotahorror

Although I've seen all the f13 movies a few times, it's been a while and I've been watching them all again. Mainly because I spent a small fortune on the F13 bluray collection.

Do I even want to know how expensive that collection is now?
Obscura
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:23 PM)
Obscura's Avatar

Originally Posted by jmizzal

Jason X is got be coming, I think they are saving him for the big update, he is way different then the others

I'm really hoping they release UberJason and a Jason X spaceship map together. Sooner or later they have to move away from the wooded campgrounds style as weird as that may be.

Also, fuck yeah at the free stuff tomorrow. New outfits will be sweet. Give the metalhead a proper patch vest!
BoogieWoogie
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:24 PM)
BoogieWoogie's Avatar
I need to watch Part 4 again.

The best Jason is Part 7 though. So good with his spine and shit showing.
Sephzilla
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:26 PM)
Sephzilla's Avatar
Zombie Jason > Human Jason for me
chaosaeon
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:31 PM)
chaosaeon's Avatar

Originally Posted by chaosaeon

I'll say. I still remember the girl with that guy in the woods. I was not prepared, lol.

Originally Posted by StrongBelwas

You're not the only one...

https://youtu.be/qG8iAtpavK4

I think I prefer the actual girl from the movie lol, but I love the song though.

Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie

I need to watch Part 4 again.

The best Jason is Part 7 though. So good with his spine and shit showing.

J7 is my favorite design. The bones showing, the ripped clothes and the neck chain. Too bad they made him terrible in the game. There's no reason to use him since J8 has the same water speed, more traps, destruction, better stalk, no shift penalty, and cooler kills imo (seriously one of J7's kills is just, one stab to gut, they fall over). Oh, but J8 has a weaker grip ? Well that doesn't matter since no one can kick out before you can kill them anyway.
Last edited by chaosaeon; 06-19-2017 at 09:46 PM.
brandonh83
Banned
(06-19-2017, 09:34 PM)
brandonh83's Avatar

Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie

The best Jason is Part 7 though.

Represent

Part 4 is pretty okay, but not as good as 2, 6 and 7 to me. Definitely on the better end of the films though.

2 is the scariest. By far. The intro sequence is scary, it has the best atmosphere IMO with the shed and the part near the end that kicks off the finale when they come back from the bar and they're in the cabin and it's so pitch dark that Jason is just in there with them but they don't know until their eyes adjust.
Rymuth
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:36 PM)
Rymuth's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sephzilla

I'm hoping we get the boat from Part 8 and maybe the space ship from Part 10. I'm not sure how those maps would work with the normal mechanics of the game though (like calling the cops, for example)

I saw the opening for Jason Goes to Hell ( was that supposed to be a comedy?) and I believe there should be map dependent winstates for the counsellors - like luring Jason into an ambush or somehow drowning him.
BoogieWoogie
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:39 PM)
BoogieWoogie's Avatar
You know what would be a cool power for Part 9 Jason?

If he could initiate a kill that lets him jump into one of the counselors' bodies or something.
F0rneus
Tears in the rain
(06-19-2017, 09:45 PM)
F0rneus's Avatar
The Final Chapter is the best, followed very closely by Jason Lives.

Originally Posted by Lettuce

Dat body slam through the table though!...

We need this Tommy back, so he can bodyslam Jason.
Obscura
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:45 PM)
Obscura's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sephzilla

Do I even want to know how expensive that collection is now?

No. No you do not.

I looked it up intending to buy it and sat shocked looking at the screen.
Chaotic-Strike
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:49 PM)
Chaotic-Strike's Avatar

Originally Posted by F0rneus

The Final Chapter is the best, followed very closely by Jason Lives.



We need this Tommy back, so he can bodyslam Jason.

The better Tommy made it.

Jason Lives is probably the best movie in the franchise for me.
Ganhyun
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:55 PM)
Ganhyun's Avatar

Originally Posted by Obscura

No. No you do not.

I looked it up intending to buy it and sat shocked looking at the screen.

The one I found on Amazon can't be the right one........ $500?!?!?!
pete_clarf
Member
(06-19-2017, 10:03 PM)
pete_clarf's Avatar

Originally Posted by drotahorror

I like part 4 the best. It's almost the perfect slasher movie. It's paced well, good kills and gore, nudity, and Crispin Glover dancing.

I just attended a Crispin Glover Q&A this past weekend. I wanted to ask him if he could still do the Friday the 13th dance, but I chickened out. The movie was never even mentioned, which was disappointing.

Originally Posted by Ganhyun

The one I found on Amazon can't be the right one........ $500?!?!?!

Whoa! When did that happen!? I'm glad I got it when I did!
Last edited by pete_clarf; 06-19-2017 at 10:07 PM.
Nudull
Member
(06-19-2017, 10:05 PM)
Nudull's Avatar
Nice, NES Jason. :3

A shame we can't get FvJ Jason due to the rights.
cr0w
Banned
(06-19-2017, 10:06 PM)
Jason Lives is the GOAT for me. You can see how the director really wanted to make Jason into a Universal Monster-style character. Plus it's fucking SUPER '80s. There's nothing in the film that doesn't work.
Obscura
Member
(06-19-2017, 10:15 PM)
Obscura's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ganhyun

The one I found on Amazon can't be the right one........ $500?!?!?!

That's the one. Only way to get a Jason X blu ray.
Sephzilla
Member
(06-19-2017, 10:16 PM)
Sephzilla's Avatar

Originally Posted by Obscura

No. No you do not.

I looked it up intending to buy it and sat shocked looking at the screen.

*Searches*

BattleMonkey
Member
(06-19-2017, 10:17 PM)
BattleMonkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sephzilla

I have a hunch that given how (apparently) well the game has sold, and the money they could potentially make on some other DLC Jasons, they might have a little more leverage for getting the two Jasons they don't have rights to currently. I just don't see Part 5 Jason happening because he's not actually Jason Vorhees.

If I had to implement a Part 5 Jason, what I might do is make a Part 5 Jason a Jason that's more customize-able compared to the others. Like, since he's technically just another person, you could pick three "strengths" for that Jason just like you would a counselor. But the weaknesses you get are based on the strengths you pick. Or alternatively make a Part 5 Jason that doesn't get some of the supernatural abilities of a proper Jason

Jason 2 and 3 were normal "human" Jasons, and the "Jason" in 5 did just fine with the killing and even Kool Aides through doors like hes got super strength. They didn't plan on him being a super natural being till part 6 anyways, so they easily can do a 5, and really the hardcore fans will eat it up and want every single one they can get.
F0rneus
Tears in the rain
(06-19-2017, 10:20 PM)
F0rneus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Obscura

No. No you do not.

I looked it up intending to buy it and sat shocked looking at the screen.

Did Microsoft price that shit or what? Dayum.
Pilgrimzero
Member
(06-19-2017, 10:25 PM)
Pilgrimzero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Obscura

No. No you do not.

I looked it up intending to buy it and sat shocked looking at the screen.


Where are you looking? Amazon seems high but EBay not so much. Unless that's changed recently

Edit: wow eBay did go up. Guess im selling my collection.
Sephzilla
Member
(06-19-2017, 10:27 PM)
Sephzilla's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pilgrimzero

Where are you looking? Amazon seems high but EBay not so much. Unless that's changed recently

A PS4 is cheaper than the Friday the 13th Bluray Collection
Ganhyun
Member
(06-19-2017, 10:37 PM)
Ganhyun's Avatar
Maybe someone with more time can check, but can you get all of the movies cheaper individually or are some not available on BluRay outside of the collection?
Savitar
Member
(06-19-2017, 10:38 PM)
Savitar's Avatar
I always thought Tommy not becoming "Jason" was a mistake, really felt like a missed opportunity.

He could have chased a person into the ruins of Crystal Lake who could come across a bunch of kids around a fire roasting the heads of slaughtered victims. And they'd all be wearing little paper Jason mask.

ahem

Also 8 bit Jason should be able to punch you to death, like in that damn NES game.

I haven't forgotten.......haven't forgiven.......
Pilgrimzero
Member
(06-19-2017, 10:43 PM)
Pilgrimzero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ganhyun

Maybe someone with more time can check, but can you get all of the movies cheaper individually or are some not available on BluRay outside of the collection?

It also comes with a bunch of extra stuff.
SmackAttack
Member
(06-19-2017, 10:44 PM)
SmackAttack's Avatar
Had a match last night where I escorted someone with a battery to a car so I could protect them and we ran into two other people doing the same and one of them had gas. Got that cart started and drove off to safety so fast. Felt really good.
Ganhyun
Member
(06-19-2017, 10:59 PM)
Ganhyun's Avatar
Had a game last night where I was the only 'stealthy' character and everyone else was mainly the high stam characters. I start off doing my thing trying to find items for the cars and stuff. I manage to find a battery and keys. I put the keys by the car. I put the battery in. I go looking for gas. I noticed all the others are literally just running around everywhere constantly. Im also the only one with a walkie as far as I could tell. I ask anyone who comes near me about gas and get no response. I look and the others arent in a party, so they are just ignoring me or playing without mics I think.

I go looking for the gas and find that these people had put both gas cans, the other battery, and both sets of keys (they picked up the ones I dropped at the car) into one house and had also been dropping a ton of weapons and stuff there. I grab one of the gas cans and the keys I found before and head back to the car. Halfway there two of the others run up on me and scream into their mics, hes actually trying to win, kill him!

I run as much as I can and die at the car to Jason while they laugh it up and watch.

I start spectating and the others besides those are in that building talking about how I was tryharding the game by trying to escape. They then started teabagging and yelling racial obscenities into the mic until Jason killed them shortly thereafter.

Wish Id been broadcasting so I could give video proof of these assholes.
Flying Toaster
Member
(06-19-2017, 11:12 PM)
Flying Toaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ganhyun

Had a game last night where I was the only 'stealthy' character and everyone else was mainly the high stam characters. I start off doing my thing trying to find items for the cars and stuff. I manage to find a battery and keys. I put the keys by the car. I put the battery in. I go looking for gas. I noticed all the others are literally just running around everywhere constantly. Im also the only one with a walkie as far as I could tell. I ask anyone who comes near me about gas and get no response. I look and the others arent in a party, so they are just ignoring me or playing without mics I think.

I go looking for the gas and find that these people had put both gas cans, the other battery, and both sets of keys (they picked up the ones I dropped at the car) into one house and had also been dropping a ton of weapons and stuff there. I grab one of the gas cans and the keys I found before and head back to the car. Halfway there two of the others run up on me and scream into their mics, hes actually trying to win, kill him!

I run as much as I can and die at the car to Jason while they laugh it up and watch.

I start spectating and the others besides those are in that building talking about how I was tryharding the game by trying to escape. They then started teabagging and yelling racial obscenities into the mic until Jason killed them shortly thereafter.

Wish Id been broadcasting so I could give video proof of these assholes.

And this is exactly why I will not play the game with randoms... I am sorry for this experience it is horrible.
PushingButtons
Member
(06-19-2017, 11:20 PM)
PushingButtons's Avatar
You can get lucky sometimes with randoms. I joined the main community and just threw out a LFG post and got invited right away. Full room, everyone had a mic and were quite friendly and pretty funny.

I had found gas and met up with another dude and we both went searching for the propeller (we were both near the boat). As we were searching 4 others came running over, when we told them we had the stuff to escape on the boat they all hung around to offer up some protection while we got stuff going.

Sure enough Jason shows up, all four of them charge him to create a distraction so we could get away. I think two of them died so we could get away.

Thread Tools