(06-19-2017, 05:56 AM)

Originally Posted by BabyFaceKillah

He also killed zarbon and dodoria and most of the Ginyu squad

When did vegeta become a jobber?

The moment he begged Goku to kill Frieza
Prof. Bathtub
(06-19-2017, 06:15 AM)
For other stages, I'd say...
Kame House (or the larger training island)
Muscle Tower (kind of the only snowy location)
Penguin Village (at least for the big coffee kettle)
East City from Jaco

(though Red Ribbon HQ, Baba's place, RoST and Beerus' planet are more likely)

Originally Posted by NipplesAndToes23

So are any of the Dragon Ball movies worth watching? I'm talking about Dragon Ball not Z.

The third one (Mystical Adventure) is a pretty fun remix of the Red Ribbon/22nd Tournament stuff.

The anniversary movie (Path to Power) looks quite good (if weird, since it applies late Z/GT-esque designs to early DB), story could be better arranged though.
Last edited by Prof. Bathtub; 06-19-2017 at 06:18 AM.
Neoxon
(06-19-2017, 06:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Moaradin

They probably want it nice and short.

At least throw in the evil glare.
Kyzon
(06-19-2017, 06:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Mass_Pincup

Basically:

-They wanted to reach a broad audience with Xenoverse 1 and 2 and are now trying to convert the more casual player into fans of 2D fighting games

-They couldn't do something as close as the anime before because of a lack of power. The XB1, PS4 and PC allow them to do that now

-They simplified the control scheme compared to the usual Arc System Works games to accommodate casual gamers, but the 3 vs 3 and the assists system is meant to cater to the hardcore

-The team based combat is a way for them to balance the different power level, everyone has advantages and inconveniences

-Transformation are tied to specific attacks. Goku for exemple won't be able to turn SSJ3 in the middle of a fight and stay that way. It'll be temporary

-They wanted every character to be unique so expect less characters then in Xenoverse

-Characters are most likely going to come from different eras

-Alternative color costumes aren't planned because it changes the hitbox, might be added later on if there's enough support for it

-They're focused on the gameplay and the multiplayer but there's going to be a story mode as well as more modes outside of those

- Higher resolution for the Pro and the X1X

-No cross play but if there's enough support for it they'll consider it

-No power limitation to get it working on the Switch, If they keep seeing fan interest for it they'll maybe release a Switch version down the road

I would double dip hard on Switch
Anth0ny
(06-19-2017, 06:20 AM)
Going by each arc, Kaioshin's Planet would be a good stage to represent the Boo arc:

Or maybe a brighter wastelands with water in the background:

JackelZXA
(06-19-2017, 06:51 AM)
I'd love to see multiple forms for goku as a single character. (I love cell 1 but I doubt we'll get him) I feel like the likelihood of getting the U7 survival team playable might be likely. Android 17, Tien, and Roshi making it in would be really cool. (Although because Roshi can't fly, there's a chance they won't include him because his air combo game might not work??)

Super would be cool but I doubt we get US arc characters. Android 17 would be cool, Black might be cool (not zamasu please no), extra forms for trunks goku and vegeta, Hit would be cool, and Beerus has to be in (Dunno if we'd get Whis), and I doubt we get Tagoma Cabba and Frost probably wouldn't make the cut.

I think the 3DS game is a good place to look to for potential characters, so we could get Nappa, Radditz, Bardock, and Broli for instance. Ginyu could be awesome because of how unique his shit would be for something like this. (Robbing someone of a team member in a 3v3 game is a fucked up but cool meta)

18 has to be in, so does krillin. Tien and Yamcha might be cool but they might not make it. Mystic Gohan and Gotenks for sure, Probably Kid Buu, doubt we get someone like Dabura or Zarbon...Vegeto probably gonna make it in i think.

If there's 30-ish it could be a fantastic roster of Z and Super reps (Doubt we get DB characters in a hyper fighter), if there's 18-24 it could still be good, too. Not to excited about movie characters but Broli might have an in. (Though in the future I'd prefer Kale becomes a mainstay because U6 fem-saiyans are great.) I doubt we get US arc until a sequel because there's just so many characters being introduced. I imagine we easily get at least 10 to 20 viable fighters out of this new arc at bare minumum (more if some of the gods of destruction actually show interesting fighting potential) The 3 fox guys already have very unique moves and it would ACTUALLY be cool if they at least showed up in the game as a boss team. (It would be great to do Goku Gohan and Buu against them in the Exhibition arena)

Zen needs to be in the menus, though.

Originally Posted by SargerusBR

The moment he begged Goku to kill Frieza

Vegeta did kill Android 19, one of Babidi's main Henchmen, and knocked Goku out to fight Buu himself. He also would have fucking owned Cell 2 if he wasn't an idiot. (He did almost beat Freeza in Super, and he beat most of the Universe 6 team by himself. He clocked up 3 wins. He kind of sucks shit in Zamasu arc though)
Last edited by JackelZXA; 06-19-2017 at 07:06 AM.
Fj0823
(06-19-2017, 07:37 AM)

Originally Posted by JackelZXA

I'd love to see multiple forms for goku as a single character. (I love cell 1 but I doubt we'll get him) I feel like the likelihood of getting the U7 survival team playable might be likely. Android 17, Tien, and Roshi making it in would be really cool. (Although because Roshi can't fly, there's a chance they won't include him because his air combo game might not work??)

Super would be cool but I doubt we get US arc characters. Android 17 would be cool, Black might be cool (not zamasu please no), extra forms for trunks goku and vegeta, Hit would be cool, and Beerus has to be in (Dunno if we'd get Whis), and I doubt we get Tagoma Cabba and Frost probably wouldn't make the cut.

I think the 3DS game is a good place to look to for potential characters, so we could get Nappa, Radditz, Bardock, and Broli for instance. Ginyu could be awesome because of how unique his shit would be for something like this. (Robbing someone of a team member in a 3v3 game is a fucked up but cool meta)

18 has to be in, so does krillin. Tien and Yamcha might be cool but they might not make it. Mystic Gohan and Gotenks for sure, Probably Kid Buu, doubt we get someone like Dabura or Zarbon...Vegeto probably gonna make it in i think.

If there's 30-ish it could be a fantastic roster of Z and Super reps (Doubt we get DB characters in a hyper fighter), if there's 18-24 it could still be good, too. Not to excited about movie characters but Broli might have an in. (Though in the future I'd prefer Kale becomes a mainstay because U6 fem-saiyans are great.) I doubt we get US arc until a sequel because there's just so many characters being introduced. I imagine we easily get at least 10 to 20 viable fighters out of this new arc at bare minumum (more if some of the gods of destruction actually show interesting fighting potential) The 3 fox guys already have very unique moves and it would ACTUALLY be cool if they at least showed up in the game as a boss team. (It would be great to do Goku Gohan and Buu against them in the Exhibition arena)

Zen needs to be in the menus, though.

Vegeta did kill Android 19, one of Babidi's main Henchmen, and knocked Goku out to fight Buu himself. He also would have fucking owned Cell 2 if he wasn't an idiot. (He did almost beat Freeza in Super, and he beat most of the Universe 6 team by himself. He clocked up 3 wins. He kind of sucks shit in Zamasu arc though)

He gets his redemption moment there though

https://youtu.be/EyTSwlGVzqA
Spman2099
(06-19-2017, 09:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Fj0823

He gets his redemption moment there though

https://youtu.be/EyTSwlGVzqA

I feel like this was always Vegita's defining moment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Gc...youtu.be&t=29s
JackelZXA
(06-19-2017, 10:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Spman2099

Man I'm really hoping they finish cell soon. I wonder if they have a goal. Doing all of super seems like it would be a strain and the older people get the harder it is to justify hobby stuff like this going on too long. (I'd love to see them do Zamasu arc and all its nonsense broken logic shit tho)
Last edited by JackelZXA; 06-19-2017 at 10:56 AM.
SG-17
(06-19-2017, 12:06 PM)
What platform would you expect to be used for this game in esports?
lucebuce12
(06-19-2017, 12:11 PM)

Originally Posted by SG-17

PS4
Nottle
(06-19-2017, 12:34 PM)
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned here or by devs or if this has been done in other DBZ games, but since it's a 3 v 3 fighter that makes it possible of the player to have pick the characters they want to fuse.

So let's say you want Vegito, you need to have Goku and Vegeta alive and on your team. Just a thought. Could make for an interesting meta, you pop that with two characters with low health, then you get a more powerful character for a potential comeback.
Forkball
(06-19-2017, 12:55 PM)
Here's my 24 man roster. A mix of what I think could happen and what I want.

Goku
Teen Gohan
Vegeta
Freiza
Cell
Majin Buu
Trunks
Master Roshi
Android 18
Krillin
Beerus
Yajirobe
Arale
Another Goku
Probably another Gohan
Captain Ginyu
Piccolo
Zamasu
Supreme Kai
Omega Shenron
Broly
Kid Buu
Some fused character (Gotenks? Vegito? Someone from that 3DS game?)
A third Goku

I'm not following Super, but I'm sure they will get some more representation. I hope they have a few oddball picks.
SargerusBR
I love Pokken!
(06-19-2017, 12:57 PM)

Originally Posted by SG-17

I assume PS4, isn't that what they are using on Tekken and GG?
OmegaSmash
(06-19-2017, 01:04 PM)
But what's going to be the loading minigame though? That was always one of my favorite little detail in the Budokai games.
Romars202129
(06-19-2017, 02:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Forkball

Here's my 24 man roster. A mix of what I think could happen and what I want.

Goku
Teen Gohan
Vegeta
Freiza
Cell
Majin Buu
Trunks
Master Roshi
Android 18
Krillin
Beerus
Yajirobe
Arale
Another Goku
Probably another Gohan
Captain Ginyu
Piccolo
Zamasu
Supreme Kai
Omega Shenron
Broly
Kid Buu
Some fused character (Gotenks? Vegito? Someone from that 3DS game?)
A third Goku

I'm not following Super, but I'm sure they will get some more representation. I hope they have a few oddball picks.

Can you imagine if every Street fighter had 3 Ryu's, 2 Kens and 2 versions of Chun Li on the roster... guaranteed at launch? Not too mention 2 versions of Ryu fused with ken.
lucebuce12
(06-19-2017, 02:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Romars202129

Can you imagine if every Street fighter had 3 Ryu's, 2 Kens and 2 versions of Chun Li on the roster... guaranteed at launch? Not too mention 2 versions of Ryu fused with ken.

This lol, I don't get why people want variations on the same character so much. There's only so much unique stuff you can give them.

Originally Posted by SargerusBR

I assume PS4, isn't that what they are using on Tekken and GG?

The only major fighting game that doesn't have the PS4 version featured at tournaments is Killer Instinct. KoFXIV, SF5, Guilty Gear, Tekken, Inj2. All of them have the PS4 version being used.

I think even UMvC3 has the PS4 version being used in tournaments now (not entirely sure though).
Last edited by lucebuce12; 06-19-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Spman2099
(06-19-2017, 03:04 PM)

I know, right? Some of these rosters are total nightmares...
jett
D-Member
(06-19-2017, 03:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Anth0ny

Going by each arc, Kaioshin's Planet would be a good stage to represent the Boo arc:

Or maybe a brighter wastelands with water in the background:

You know.

Dragon Ball Z has pretty lame scenery, doesn't it.

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

This lol, I don't get why people want variations on the same character so much. There's only so much unique stuff you can give them.

I know, right? Some of these rosters are total nightmares...

All of this.
HardRojo
(06-19-2017, 03:14 PM)
They could add that forest Goku and Krillin went to to retrieve the herb Roshi asked for, it had some beautiful backgrounds.
jacobeid
(06-19-2017, 03:18 PM)
This looks so good I can't contain my excitement.

Game looks amazing regardless of me not having ever watched Dragon Ball despite being in the correct age range for it...not sure why.
Forkball
(06-19-2017, 03:31 PM)

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

It's not what I would personally prefer, but I think it has a chance of happening. If it was solely up to me, I'd put in Tao Pai Pai, Puar, and General Blue. DB games are no stranger to having multiple forms of the same character, nor are fighting games in general. I betcha there are two Gokus. I BETCHA.

Though as a side note, I would play an all Goku fighting game.

Goku
Kid Goku
Kid Goku GT
Baby Goku (as in he's an actual baby)
Kaioken Goku
Super Saiyan Goku
Super Saiyan God Goku
Super Saiyan Blue Goku
Great Ape Goku
Goku Black
Dead Goku (with halo)
Xeno Goku
Nekomajin Goku
Goku learning to drive
Shirtless Goku
Radish Farmer Goku
Training with King Kai Goku
Dragon Ball Evolution Goku
Gorilin
Gokule
KFC Goku
Diablohead
(06-19-2017, 03:31 PM)

Originally Posted by jett

You know.

I love them, vast oceans or islands, really nice.
Real Hero
Banned
(06-19-2017, 03:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Forkball

Goku
Kid Goku
Kid Goku GT
Baby Goku (as in he's an actual baby)
Kaioken Goku
Super Saiyan Goku
Super Saiyan God Goku
Super Saiyan Blue Goku
Great Ape Goku
Goku Black
Dead Goku (with halo)
Xeno Goku
Nekomajin Goku
Goku learning to drive
Shirtless Goku
Radish Farmer Goku
Training with King Kai Goku
Dragon Ball Evolution Goku
Gorilin
Gokule
KFC Goku

and Goten
voodoopanda
(06-19-2017, 03:42 PM)
The only duplicate character on the roster should be Krillin and Krillin with Hair.

After thinking about it a while now, aside from the core 10 characters I imagine have to be in the game(Goku,Gohan,Vegeta,Future Trunks,Piccolo,Krillin,Android18,Frieza,Cell,Majin Buu), the only character I really hope shows up is Videl.
Romars202129
(06-19-2017, 04:54 PM)

Originally Posted by voodoopanda

The only duplicate character on the roster should be Krillin and Krillin with Hair.

After thinking about it a while now, aside from the core 10 characters I imagine have to be in the game(Goku,Gohan,Vegeta,Future Trunks,Piccolo,Krillin,Android18,Frieza,Cell,Majin Buu), the only character I really hope shows up is Videl.

Actually, its Tein. Because Z Tien is a Zoner, while dragonball Tien is most certainly a grappler.
God Tien's move set would be so sick regardless.
Sebastiano
(06-19-2017, 04:54 PM)
Yo, just saw that, maybe it was discussed sooner but didn't see the post(s):

I think it's the first time in a Dragon Ball game that we can blow up that stage, right? Ironically, it's Vegeta in the gif who does that, lol.
OmegaSmash
(06-19-2017, 04:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Sebastiano

I think it's the first time in a Dragon Ball game that we can blow up that stage, right? Ironically, it's Vegeta in the gif who does that, lol.

I feel like Budokai 2 or 3 lets you do it too.
FadedRevolution
(06-19-2017, 04:58 PM)

Budokai series had it.
HardRojo
(06-19-2017, 04:59 PM)

Vegeta simply following his Majin Vegeta instinct.
BabyFaceKillah
(06-19-2017, 05:12 PM)

It doesnt blow up tho it stays the same even after that
mooncakes
(06-19-2017, 05:20 PM)
If anyone is interested in the gameplay, Killey has a in-depth info on the mechanics of the game.

https://t.co/KgRkocdk0M
TreIII
(06-19-2017, 05:22 PM)

It doesnt blow up tho it stays the same even after that

Yeah, I remember laughing at how odd that was.. I can only hope that's because the stage transition wasn't implemented in the E3 demo.
NipplesAndToes23
Corona Drug Bust
(06-19-2017, 08:53 PM)

He also killed zarbon and dodoria and most of the Ginyu squad (edit:force)

But aren't those guys evil?
DiipuSurotu
(06-19-2017, 08:54 PM)

Originally Posted by NipplesAndToes23

But aren't those guys evil?

The act of killing is still evil, which is why Goku for the most part stopped killing people after his training with Kami.
Solid Sora
(06-19-2017, 09:13 PM)

Originally Posted by TreIII

Yeah, I remember laughing at how odd that was.. I can only hope that's because the stage transition wasn't implemented in the E3 demo.

The floor gets a bit destroyed after it.
dai
(06-19-2017, 09:21 PM)

Looks incredible. Nice to see my boy Vegeta representing.

Where can I find the video this gif is cut from?
Ixion
(06-19-2017, 09:40 PM)

Originally Posted by DiipuSurotu

The act of killing is still evil, which is why Goku for the most part stopped killing people after his training with Kami.

Yeah, I'm trying to think of an instance where Goku actually killed someone in DBZ. At first I thought of Recoome, Jeice, and Burter. But then I remembered Goku just knocked them out and Vegeta finished them off when they were downed.

I guess Yakon and Kid Buu would be the only ones? Goku didn't actually kill Frieza after all.
Asd202
(06-19-2017, 09:41 PM)
Where's the leak?
Piers
(06-19-2017, 09:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Ixion

Yeah, I'm trying to think of an instance where Goku actually killed someone in DBZ. At first I thought of Recoome, Jeice, and Burter. But then I remembered Goku just knocked them out and Vegeta finished them off when they were downed.

I guess Yakon and Kid Buu would be the only ones? Goku didn't actually kill Frieza after all.

Frieza counts if Ressurection F (movie/anime) is included, though Goku was specifically pushed to, due to letting him destroy Earth.
Icyflamez96
(06-19-2017, 09:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Ixion

Only reason Goku didn't kill Vegeta and didn't want to kill Frieza (both times) is because he wanted strong people to fight later. As far as I know, I don't know if he has a thing against killing for moral reasons.
Skab
(06-19-2017, 10:11 PM)
I hope one of the first mods on PC is replacing the OST with the entirety of Linkin Parks Hybrid Theory.
Anth0ny
(06-19-2017, 10:15 PM)

You know.

Yeah, pretty much :P

Some other cool locations I'd like to see as stages:

Janemba's Hell with jellybeans:

Uranai Baba's Palace:

It's too bad a lot of the fight locations in Dragon Ball are:

-Grassy plain (Namek, Kai planets, Earth)
-Rocky plain (Earth, other planets)
-Tournament (Tenkaichi Budokai, Cell Games, all the other world tournaments)

I'd like to see a stage where it's just a street in the city with a bunch of onlookers. They could throw a bunch of cameos into the background:

Instead of it getting real dark and all the onlookers being killed when someone does a level 3... they can just change their facial expressions from ^_^ to O_O. Toriyama-like solution!
Daingurse
(06-20-2017, 02:38 AM)

You know.

This kinda made me lol suddenly. The most iconic battleground in my eyes for DBZ, is an empty wasteland!
Vice
(06-20-2017, 02:39 AM)

He also killed zarbon and dodoria and most of the Ginyu squad (edit:force)

The Android 18 fight.
Spman2099
(06-20-2017, 04:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Anth0ny

Instead of it getting real dark and all the onlookers being killed when someone does a level 3... they can just change their facial expressions from ^_^ to O_O. Toriyama-like solution!

The Toriyama solution would be to forget there was a crowd in the first place...
BkzUzi
(06-20-2017, 04:37 AM)
They could have a city stage. Future Trunks timeline where everything is pretty much destroyed, so the level 3 won't be killing anyone.
Poppy
(06-20-2017, 04:38 AM)
i raise my MMR through zenkai boosts
K' Dash
(06-20-2017, 04:39 AM)

holy shit that dub is bad...

Neoxon
(06-20-2017, 04:40 AM)

Originally Posted by BkzUzi

They could have a city stage. Future Trunks timeline where everything is pretty much destroyed, so the level 3 won't be killing anyone.

Which destroyed future city, the one from the Rampage of the Androids or when Goku Black & Zamasu were fucking up Future Trunks' world?