• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

BananasWithGuns
(05-26-2017, 02:20 AM)
Can anyone explain for me how matchmaking works in this game? Can you matchmake into public games as a party? If you do can one person be Jason while the rest of your team plays as counselors? Evolve blocked anyone in a party from being the monster which put me off that game so I'm curious if they went a similar route with Friday the 13th.
Xaero Gravity
Banned
(05-26-2017, 02:21 AM)

Originally Posted by BananasWithGuns

Can anyone explain for me how matchmaking works in this game? Can you matchmake into public games as a party? If you do can one person be Jason while the rest of your team plays as counselors? Evolve blocked anyone in a party from being the monster which put me off that game so I'm curious if they went a similar route with Friday the 13th.

You matchmake with a party and still be selected as Jason.
HiiiLife
(05-26-2017, 02:24 AM)
Hoping this scratches that hide and seek style of gameplay I've been needing since Assassins Creeds multi.
BananasWithGuns
(05-26-2017, 02:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Xaero Gravity

You matchmake with a party and still be selected as Jason.

Awesome to hear, thanks. Really tempted to pick it up then.
spannicus
(05-26-2017, 02:26 AM)

There's going to be a lot of rage if Kickstarter backers are the last ones that get to play the game.

They already are raging
Plumpbiscuit
(05-26-2017, 02:30 AM)

There's going to be a lot of rage if Kickstarter backers are the last ones that get to play the game.

About that...
GravyButt
(05-26-2017, 02:31 AM)
Don't know wether to get this on ps4 or xb1. Will have friends on both systems but haven't heard anything really on the ps4.
Xaero Gravity
Banned
(05-26-2017, 02:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Plumpbiscuit

About that...

I'm in that thread, seems surprisingly civil compared to the recent ones xD
JigglesBunny
(05-26-2017, 02:36 AM)
I'm avoiding the subreddit like the plague. The toxicity there is ridiculous.

You would think fans of an 80's slasher classic would be older than 12 and be able to appreciate the hard work that goes into game development and distribution but apparently not.
Severance
(05-26-2017, 02:38 AM)
I'm a bit hyped for release, I can't wait to try this game out. It seems like some solid late night fun to come back to, especially with friends! I'm not sure what to expect from the longevity of Friday the 13th, but there aren't too many games in the genre. We'll see where the adventure takes me.

I know there's been some controversy over Twitch streamers getting early access, while backers have not. I personally wouldn't be pre-loading it on Steam as we speak if it wasn't for the Twitch streams. The kickstarter flew under my radar. So I'm thankful!
Plumpbiscuit
(05-26-2017, 02:57 AM)
Videos like this is why I prefer this to DBD, you can fuck around easier and have a more RP experience. For example councelors (or rather you) can work with Jason to sell out others, just for fun.
reelbigtink
(05-26-2017, 02:57 AM)
The anger is kinda silly but I do understand if people are slightly annoyed that, as a backer, they don't even get to pre-load the game like someone who just dropped $40 today can (and play instantly).
Xaero Gravity
Banned
(05-26-2017, 03:00 AM)

Originally Posted by reelbigtink

The anger is kinda silly but I do understand if people are slightly annoyed that, as a backer, they don't even get to pre-load the game like someone who just dropped $40 today can (and play instantly).

To be fair though, those who are angry that they can't pre load would be even angrier if the game were delayed another whole month just to allow preloading.
reelbigtink
(05-26-2017, 03:08 AM)

To be fair though, those who are angry that they can't pre load would be even angrier if the game were delayed another whole month just to allow preloading.

Maybe they're super vindictive and would be willing to suffer so long as everyone else suffered with them!
JDHarbs
(05-26-2017, 03:09 AM)
Just 2 more hours for PC users.
Mentosrock
(05-26-2017, 03:15 AM)
I didn't realize this would be released on steam in like an hour and 45 minutes.. I'm gonna have a late late night tonight. RIP me at work tomorrow morning.

Is controller still going to be the ideal way to play? Or is mouse and keyboard working better on release? Anyone know?
Xaero Gravity
Banned
(05-26-2017, 03:16 AM)

Originally Posted by Mentosrock

I didn't realize this would be released on steam in like an hour and 45 minutes.. I'm gonna have a late late night tonight. RIP me at work tomorrow morning.

Is controller still going to be the ideal way to play? Or is mouse and keyboard working better on release? Anyone know?

Every stream I've seen so far recommended using a controller.
Resident Evil King
(05-26-2017, 03:21 AM)
Downloading now on Aus PSN.

Really been looking forward to this. I don't even care if it's glitchy etc as long as it's fun and brutal.

I have fond memories of secretly watching Friday the 13th movies with my older brother when I was around 8-10. If my mum was home I'd be anxious the whole time that she'd enter the room and would undoubtedly possess the immediate, innate knowledge that it was an R rated movie and I'd be banished to hell for all eternity.

As much as I love Friday the 13th, a new Nightmare on Elm Street game (with Robert Englund VA and maybe set in the 80s) would make me lose my mind on a whole other level.
JigglesBunny
(05-26-2017, 04:07 AM)
Waiting for tomorrow morning is going to suck. I wish I had gone Xbox with this one but I can't financially justify spending another $40 just to play it tonight with my Xbox friends.

All of you who will be playing shortly, enjoy!
Xaero Gravity
Banned
(05-26-2017, 04:08 AM)
PS4 footage

Interesting that there's no hair physics present in that video despite Wes last night confirming that all three platforms have it. I'm guessing it's in the day 1 patch.
Plumpbiscuit
(05-26-2017, 04:10 AM)

PS4 footage

Interesting that there's no hair physics present in that video despite Wes last night confirming that all three platforms have it. I'm guessing it's in the day 1 patch.

See, videos like this is why I can understand the frustration from us backers. That random Joe schmoe has access to a game we even made possible in the first place. But what I don't get is acting toxic and attacking others, I mean, afterall it is only just 2 days and not a whole week or month.
kodecraft
(05-26-2017, 04:18 AM)
Let's got baby! My PC awaits.
Xaero Gravity
Banned
(05-26-2017, 04:19 AM)
Watching that player play as Jason is triggering me. They're not breaking windows, using traps, throwing knives, grabs, or Morphing.

*spit*
Jason Frost
(05-26-2017, 04:20 AM)

Originally Posted by joezombie

I must know what the dreaded original title was

Part 26: Jason EvOLVED
Xaero Gravity
Banned
(05-26-2017, 04:32 AM)
The codes are up on the Backerkit site.

No DLC Codes yet though.

Originally Posted by Gun

Hey all! Here is your PS4 key for Friday the 13th: The Game! Thank you so much for your support and we hope you enjoy the game! For those of you that backed us at a level that includes the Tom Savini-designed Jason Voorhees, as well as the counselor clothing pack, we unfortunately do not have those keys for you at this time. We will be delivering them to you shortly after we finalize a quick patch to ensure the DLC is functioning properly. We want you to play the game and not have to wait for these items, but you will be getting them very soon! We know this is frustrating, and our team is frustrated along with you, but you'll be getting these items as quickly as possible!

Last edited by Xaero Gravity; 05-26-2017 at 04:35 AM.
Stranger In The Alps
(05-26-2017, 04:34 AM)
My game is now unpacking on Steam. I think we're in!
Finaika
(05-26-2017, 04:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Stranger In The Alps

ermahgerd!
Plumpbiscuit
(05-26-2017, 04:37 AM)
Backerkit codes for the DLC are rolling out, guys! (PC)

IT'S HAPPENING

And my game is unpacking!!
Last edited by Plumpbiscuit; 05-26-2017 at 04:40 AM.
JHoNNy1OoO
(05-26-2017, 04:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Stranger In The Alps

Yup "unlocks in ~12 hours" from steam is gone. GO GO GO!
PROh1bited
(05-26-2017, 04:40 AM)

The codes are up on the Backerkit site.

No DLC Codes yet though.

YAY!!
reelbigtink
(05-26-2017, 04:40 AM)
Downloading!

Hope it was optimized a bit since Beta. It ran decently on my laptop but the load times were incredibly long.
HiiiLife
(05-26-2017, 04:42 AM)
Gonna be getting drunk and playing this with the homies tonight. Can't wait to be a bad teammate yeeeeeee
jond76
(05-26-2017, 04:42 AM)
bummed with no Xbox codes yet... :(
Plumpbiscuit
(05-26-2017, 04:43 AM)
Just got emailed my Councelor clothes DLC. I now have both DLC Backerkit keys, woohoo!
JHoNNy1OoO
(05-26-2017, 04:44 AM)

Just got emailed my Councelor clothes DLC. I now have both DLC Backerkit keys, woohoo!

Still waiting patiently for my Jason Skin damn it!

Edit: Got it!
Last edited by JHoNNy1OoO; 05-26-2017 at 04:47 AM.
JigglesBunny
(05-26-2017, 04:45 AM)
I bought an Xbox copy despite purchasing PSN cards for the PS4 launch tomorrow morning. I did this just so I didn't have to wait until tomorrow morning to play. I am a piece of shit.

Regardless, hyped! 15 minutes!
Xaero Gravity
Banned
(05-26-2017, 04:45 AM)
So I used the code despite being in North America, and it's downloading for me, theme and everything. Omg, omg, omfg.

Last edited by Xaero Gravity; 05-26-2017 at 04:48 AM.
JDHarbs
(05-26-2017, 04:49 AM)
I really hope we don't have the same server issues as the beta
reelbigtink
(05-26-2017, 04:50 AM)
So the PC version is definitely better with a controller, right?
Plumpbiscuit
(05-26-2017, 04:50 AM)
Strange, I'm not seeing the Jason skin or DLC clothes in the game. Do they need to be unlocked first?
Xaero Gravity
Banned
(05-26-2017, 04:51 AM)

Strange, I'm not seeing the Jason skin or DLC clothes in the game. Do they need to be unlocked first?

Which version?
Vincent4756
(05-26-2017, 05:00 AM)
Man I wish this was up now on US psn.. I want to play!!
NolbertoS
Banned
(05-26-2017, 05:01 AM)
I miss the old NES classic. I might give this a try though and see
FullMetaltech

Originally Posted by Vincent4756

Man I wish this was up now on US psn.. I want to play!!

Same. Anyone know when theyll drop this today?
Stiler
Where can you get the counselor clothing dlc?

I got the Tom Savini Jason skin but can't seem to remember where I got it on the website now.
Somnia
(05-26-2017, 05:02 AM)
Still dont see it up on xbox store
Kopite
(05-26-2017, 05:02 AM)
Whats the draw of playing as a camper?
Kwansu Dudes
(05-26-2017, 05:03 AM)

Originally Posted by FullMetaltech

Same. Anyone know when theyll drop this today?

I believe at 8am PDT (11 hours from now)
matrixman92
(05-26-2017, 05:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Somnia

still no codes sent out either it seems
HiiiLife
(05-26-2017, 05:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Somnia