• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

CommandThrower
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:19 AM)
CommandThrower's Avatar

Originally Posted by TreIII

The thing about Cauliflower and Kale is that they're both a) too new and b) the saga they're introduced in hasn't even really gotten fully under way, yet. At most, as far as Super content goes, I don't see them going past Goku Black for Base Roster.

I can. Simply because both characters are female, and they wouldn't be *another* Goku, Vegeta, Gohan or Buu.


That said, I think it's more realistic to expect multiple Gokus, Vegetas, Gohans and Buus in this roster.
Lynx_7
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:19 AM)
Lynx_7's Avatar
I predict Teen Gohan is going to end up being top tier. Just a feeling.

Goten has literally 0 chances, sorry Blackleg.

I think I'm gonna main Cell, but I gotta see the full roster first.

Originally Posted by Mihael Mello Keehl

Do we really need Zamasu and Black?

Yes
Lulubop
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:20 AM)
Lulubop's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lynx_7

I predict Teen Gohan is going to end up being top tier. Just a feeling.

Goten has literally 0 chances, sorry Blackleg.

I think I'm gonna main Cell, but I gotta see the full roster first.


Yes

He'll be in as Gotenks for sure
Baleoce
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:20 AM)
Baleoce's Avatar
Aww Yiss. Need Krillin in there.
PancakeBurglar
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:20 AM)
PancakeBurglar's Avatar
1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Gohan
4. Piccolo
5. Future Trunks
6. Krillin
7. Tien
8. Master Roshi
9. Gotenks
10. Android 17
11. Android 18
12. Mr. Satan
13. Freeza
14. Cell
15. Majin Buu
16. Kid or Super Buu
17. Beerus
18. Hit
19. Goku Black
20. Zamasu
cordy
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:22 AM)
cordy's Avatar
I'd be surprised if there's any Super character who isn't Goku, Vegeta, Freeza and Beerus in the base game and not as DLC or in an undoubted sequel. ASW isn't going to be bringing out a large roster. Makes sense to get Z out of the way and then leave the rest for DLC and sequels.

Shit, it's called FighterZ. If they give us more than 5 Super characters in the base roster I'd be floored.
TheSpoiler
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:23 AM)
TheSpoiler's Avatar
Are there special normal moves as well?
Alienous
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:23 AM)
Alienous's Avatar

Originally Posted by SDBurton

Considering how they appear to be well received both in Japan and the States I doubt those two facts will be an issue.

It would. It takes a long time to create a fighting game character. When characters were being considered Caulifla and Kale wouldn't have even appeared on the whiteboard.
Lynx_7
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:23 AM)
Lynx_7's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lulubop

He'll be in as Gotenks for sure

Gotta take what you can get I guess lol
Basketball
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:23 AM)
Basketball's Avatar
Fixed with just 20
  1. Goku
  2. Future Trunks
  3. Vegeta
  4. Beerus for Superboys
  5. (Teen) Gohan
  6. Ultimate/Mystic Gohan
  7. Krillin
  8. Tien
  9. Piccolo
  10. Android 17
  11. Android 18
  12. Android 16
  13. Frieza
  14. Ginyu
  15. Majin Buu
  16. Kid Buu
  17. (Perfect) Cell
  18. Broly
  19. Super Buu
  20. Gotenks

Pre-Order/DLC
Goku Black
Vegito/Gogeta
Super throwaways
SS4 Goku/Vegeta would be sweet
Super 17
Trickster
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:24 AM)
Trickster's Avatar
Isnt zamasu that green/purple abomination from Super? People actually want that thrash tier character designs in this game???
Baleoce
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:25 AM)
Baleoce's Avatar

Originally Posted by cordy

I'd be surprised if there's any Super character who isn't Goku, Vegeta, Freeza and Beerus in the base game and not as DLC or in an undoubted sequel. ASW isn't going to be bringing out a large roster. Makes sense to get Z out of the way and then leave the rest for DLC and sequels.

Shit, it's called FighterZ. If they give us more than 5 Super characters in the base roster I'd be floored.

I think because of Golden Frieza (obviously, cos he's already in) and Beerus might get a pass yeah, because of their inclusion in the Z films. I'm not sure anyone outside of that from Super (at least in the base version of this game) is guaranteed at all.
Magnet_Man
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:25 AM)
Magnet_Man's Avatar
Got four games in at E3 and Cell is the hypest fucking character in history. That goddamm shout in his intro and during his lvl3 Kamehameha. Norio Wakamoto!
omnislayer
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:26 AM)
omnislayer's Avatar
Black will almost certainly be included, he's existed long enough that they've have plenty of time to work him in.

Beerus is a given too.
Lynx_7
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:26 AM)
Lynx_7's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trickster

Isnt zamasu that green/purple abomination from Super? People actually want that thrash tier character designs in this game???

That was Merged Zamasu, and I won't accept this slander from a ningen.
Basketball
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:28 AM)
Basketball's Avatar
Keeping Trios

like the androids makes sense
since 3v3
omnislayer
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:28 AM)
omnislayer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trickster

Isnt zamasu that green/purple abomination from Super? People actually want that thrash tier character designs in this game???

Your thinking of Merged Zamasu after his body started breaking down. He looked fine before that happening.
ZeroTheShadow
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:28 AM)
ZeroTheShadow's Avatar
So I'm expecting it to dip into Super so we can get more real villians & less jobbers.

1.) Super Trunks
2.) Goku Black
3.) Beerus
4.) Hit
5.) RoF Style Goku
6.) Rof Style Vegeta
7.) Piccolo
8.) Mystic Gohan
9.) Gotenks
10.) 18
11.) Krillian
12.) Tien
13.) Kid Buu
14.) Nappa

That's a good list.
Fj0823
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:29 AM)
Fj0823's Avatar
Reminder that the Xenoverse team rushed to get Hit in Xenoverse 2 at the last minute because of his gigantic popularity at the time of development. There was supposed to be no Super at launch for Xenoverse 2 .

Caulifla totally has a chance
Alienous
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:29 AM)
Alienous's Avatar

Originally Posted by Baleoce

I think because of Golden Frieza (obviously, cos he's already in) and Beerus might get a pass yeah, because of their inclusion in the Z films. I'm not sure anyone outside of that from Super (at least in the base version of this game) is guaranteed at all.

ArcSys: "Hey Bandai Namco, you know those Super characters who drove pre-orders for Xenoverse 2, whose announcements garnered millions of video views, and were the selling point of the Xenoverse 2 DLC?"

B-N: "... yeah?"

ArcSys: "Well we're not going to put them in this game, because of DBZ purity or some shit"

B-N: "You're fired"

That's how that would go down.
bethore
Junior Member
(06-15-2017, 12:30 AM)
It's a bit worrying to see how unified the movesets are for the six playable characters. I can't tell if it's like that because these are sort of the main characters of DBZ and they'll have the easiest movesets to learn. Or because the game is Dragonball so they need to appeal to a more casual friendly audience by giving everybody the same moves. I didn't hear fans complaining how swallow the Dragonball games are of recent years so I'm going to assume the latter which is disappointing as hell. Guilty Gear and BlazBlue are great games with some of the most unique playstyles in the fighting genre. Reading some of the comments on this game from here and various other sites made me realize that Dragonball fans would rather have a fan service game like the Tenkaichi or Xenoverse series and just want to see a large roster of characters.
Subpar Scrub
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:31 AM)
Subpar Scrub's Avatar
No Broly no buy. Will still buy it, but I'll be really disappointed.

Also get my female saiyans in. Based Plague was right.
Balfour
Junior Member
(06-15-2017, 12:32 AM)
my hopeful list

Goku
Vegeta
Ssj2 kid Gohan
Ultimate Gohan
Future Trunks
Piccolo
Krillin
Tien
Yamcha
17
18
Ginyu
Frieza
Cell
Majin Buu
Kid Buu
Broly
Beerus
Gotenks
Vegeto
Hercule (joke)
Nappa
Raditz

Stages
World Tournament
Namek
Plains (where Raditz fought)
Desert/Crags (goku v vegeta)
Supreme Kai's Planet
King Kai's Planet
Atmosphere/Asteroid
Room of Spirit and Time
Goku's House
Capsule Corp
Future Destroyed City
Kami's Lookout
Hell


I stuck with Z mostly aside form Beerus (he did appear in a DBZ movie lol) I bet SSB and Beerus are guarantees. If so I want SSB to be a high costing transformation instead. I have no hope for GT and old DB so
Alienous
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:32 AM)
Alienous's Avatar

Originally Posted by bethore

It's a bit worrying to see how unified the movesets are for the six playable characters. I can't tell if it's like that because these are sort of the main characters of DBZ and they'll have the easiest movesets to learn. Or because the game is Dragonball so they need to appeal to a more casual friendly audience by giving everybody the same moves. I didn't hear fans complaining how swallow the Dragonball games are of recent years so I'm going to assume the latter which is disappointing as hell. Guilty Gear and BlazBlue are great games with some of the most unique playstyles in the fighting genre. Reading some of the comments on this game from here and various other sites made me realize that Dragonball fans would rather have a fan service game like the Tenkaichi or Xenoverse series and just want to see a large roster of characters.

The game's representative said that the six characters were chosen because they were the most orthodox, so as to best allow people to enjoy it at E3 (that last part might not have been said, but I believe it was implied), so it's possible if not likely that the movelists of the characters to come aren't so homogenous.
Slamtastic
(06-15-2017, 12:32 AM)
Slamtastic's Avatar

Originally Posted by bethore

It's a bit worrying to see how unified the movesets are for the six playable characters. I can't tell if it's like that because these are sort of the main characters of DBZ and they'll have the easiest movesets to learn. Or because the game is Dragonball so they need to appeal to a more casual friendly audience by giving everybody the same moves. I didn't hear fans complaining how swallow the Dragonball games are of recent years so I'm going to assume the latter which is disappointing as hell. Guilty Gear and BlazBlue are great games with some of the most unique playstyles in the fighting genre. Reading some of the comments on this game from here and various other sites made me realize that Dragonball fans would rather have a fan service game like the Tenkaichi or Xenoverse series and just want to see a large roster of characters.

I mean, that's the nature of DB.

If you want more diverse abilities, go to JoJo or HxH.
Papercuts
fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
(06-15-2017, 12:33 AM)
Papercuts's Avatar

Originally Posted by Subpar Scrub

No Broly no buy. Will still buy it, but I'll be really disappointed.

Also get my female saiyans in. Based Plague was right.

I can't imagine Broly not being in.
TWILT
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:33 AM)
TWILT's Avatar
Give me my boy Future Trunks soon please. It can be the OG or the Super version; just really want my favorite character in the series in lol.

Already have him and SSJ2 Gohan planned on my team. Not sure who the 3rd will be, but I'm hoping either 17 and/or 18 are in too.
Lulubop
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:33 AM)
Lulubop's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alienous

The game's representative said that the six characters were chosen because they were the most orthodox, so as to best allow people to enjoy it at E3 (seemingly), so it's possible if not likely that the movelists of the characters to come aren't so homogenous.

This

Originally Posted by Slamtastic

I mean, that's the nature of DB.

If you want more diverse abilities, go to JoJo or HxH.

But also this.
Lynx_7
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:34 AM)
Lynx_7's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fj0823

Reminder that the Xenoverse team rushed to get Hit in Xenoverse 2 at the last minute because of his gigantic popularity at the time of development. There was supposed to be no Super at launch for Xenoverse 2 .

Caulifla totally has a chance

I imagine it's both easier and faster to rush a Xenoverse character than Fighter Z considering how much more complex the latter is both in gameplay and visuals. There's also the matter of us not really knowing which one is Toei's darling girl right now, Kale or Cauli. I'm gonna guess Kale has a much better chance considering she is in the opening and had more exposure on marketing and stuff.
tirkaroKujo
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:35 AM)
tirkaroKujo's Avatar
the fact that the game is only 20% done gives me hope for recent Super characters like Caulifla and Kale, esp if they wanna reach for a few more female picks besides 18 and maybe Videl. Those are basically the only two I REALLY want, besides them I'm good with just about any other character they could go with. (Well, besides filling up the roster with a surplus of alternate gokus and vegetas.)
NipplesAndToes23
Corona Drug Bust
(06-15-2017, 12:35 AM)
NipplesAndToes23's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sub_Level

Hyperbolic Time Chamber
Supreme Kai World
Random Earth City
Wasteland
Red Ribbon Base/Lab
Tropical Island Environment
Inside Buu

My stage guesses.

Good choices.


All I ask for is Launch.

TheVampire
(06-15-2017, 12:35 AM)
TheVampire's Avatar
I really hope no Super characters.

Beerus and Gold Freezer are pre super
Imperial Bishop
Oh my God!
(06-15-2017, 12:35 AM)
Imperial Bishop's Avatar
Bet money that 1/3 of the roster will be Super characters.
Trickster
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:36 AM)
Trickster's Avatar

Originally Posted by bethore

It's a bit worrying to see how unified the movesets are for the six playable characters. I can't tell if it's like that because these are sort of the main characters of DBZ and they'll have the easiest movesets to learn. Or because the game is Dragonball so they need to appeal to a more casual friendly audience by giving everybody the same moves. I didn't hear fans complaining how swallow the Dragonball games are of recent years so I'm going to assume the latter which is disappointing as hell. Guilty Gear and BlazBlue are great games with some of the most unique playstyles in the fighting genre. Reading some of the comments on this game from here and various other sites made me realize that Dragonball fans would rather have a fan service game like the Tenkaichi or Xenoverse series and just want to see a large roster of characters.

the producer said in an interview that the 6 characters shown so far are the most standard characters in the game. im guessing the 3v3 nature of the game also means that characters will have less individual special moves than in 1v1 games
yanipheonu
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:36 AM)
yanipheonu's Avatar


There's a disturbing lack of Hercule/Mr. Satan in here. Arc Sys goes nuts with the joke characters.
Siege.exe
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:36 AM)
Siege.exe's Avatar
As long as Hit gets in, and I think he has a really good shot, I'm good with who ever else is in the final roster. ASW are going to do some wild shit with his time powers and it's gonna be great.
Neoxon
Junior Member
(06-15-2017, 12:36 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar
What I want...
  1. Goku
  2. Vegeta
  3. (Teen) Gohan
  4. Ultimate/Mystic Gohan
  5. Krillin
  6. Master Roshi
  7. Tien
  8. Piccolo
  9. Android 17
  10. Android 18
  11. Future Trunks
  12. Frieza
  13. Hercule Satan
  14. Majin Buu
  15. (Perfect) Cell
  16. Gotenks
  17. Yamcha
  18. Beerus
  19. Whis
  20. Hit
  21. Zamasu
  22. Tao Pai Pai
  23. King Piccolo
  24. Launch

What I expect...
  1. Goku
  2. Vegeta
  3. (Teen) Gohan
  4. Ultimate/Mystic Gohan
  5. Krillin
  6. Master Roshi
  7. Tien
  8. Piccolo
  9. Android 17
  10. Android 18
  11. Android 16
  12. Frieza
  13. Ginyu
  14. Majin Buu
  15. Kid Buu
  16. (Perfect) Cell
  17. Gotenks
  18. SSB Goku
  19. SSB Vegeta
  20. Beerus
  21. Whis
  22. Hit
  23. Goku Black
  24. Future Trunks
NeonZ
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:38 AM)
NeonZ's Avatar
The desert where Goku faced Vegeta and later everyone faced Super Buu, the Cell Games arena and space with Earth in the background (Goku vs Beerus) are shown in the trailer too, even though they aren't in the demo.


Originally Posted by Trickster

Isnt zamasu that green/purple abomination from Super? People actually want that thrash tier character designs in this game???

That's actually Zamasu's and Goku Black's fusion. He doesn't look like that from the start though.

Basketball
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:38 AM)
Basketball's Avatar
Where did everyone hear that the roster is limited to sub 24 ?
ArchedThunder
Doing Toriyama's work.
(06-15-2017, 12:39 AM)
ArchedThunder's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fj0823

Reminder that the Xenoverse team rushed to get Hit in Xenoverse 2 at the last minute because of his gigantic popularity at the time of development. There was supposed to be no Super at launch for Xenoverse 2 .

Caulifla totally has a chance

At the very least we'll probably get Hit and Goku Black from Super.
FadedRevolution
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:39 AM)
FadedRevolution's Avatar

Originally Posted by Basketball

Where did everyone here that the roster is limited to sub 24 ?

Based on the first Xrd and not setting expectations too high.
bethore
Junior Member
(06-15-2017, 12:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Alienous

The game's representative said that the six characters were chosen because they were the most orthodox, so as to best allow people to enjoy it at E3 (that last part might not have been said, but I believe it was implied), so it's possible if not likely that the movelists of the characters to come aren't so homogenous.

That's good to hear. I forgot that E3 demos usually have simplified mechanics.
dan2026
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:41 AM)
dan2026's Avatar
I would put money on Beerus, Zamasu and Black all being in.
Aaronrules380
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:41 AM)
Aaronrules380's Avatar

Originally Posted by Basketball

Where did everyone hear that the roster is limited to sub 24 ?

More like people realize that each character takes a tremendous amount of work for Arc System Works, and taking into account the roster size for other new ASW fighting games (as in, not sequels)
ArchedThunder
Doing Toriyama's work.
(06-15-2017, 12:43 AM)
ArchedThunder's Avatar

Originally Posted by dan2026

I would put money on Beerus, Zamasu and Black all being in.

Beerus is a given. Golden Freeza is in and he came after Beerus, Beerus is also really popular.
Goku is also wearing his outfit introduced in Battle of Gods.
Spman2099
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:43 AM)
Spman2099's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neoxon

What I want...

  1. Goku
  2. Vegeta
  3. (Teen) Gohan
  4. Ultimate/Mystic Gohan
  5. Krillin
  6. Master Roshi
  7. Tien
  8. Piccolo
  9. Android 17
  10. Android 18
  11. Future Trunks
  12. Frieza
  13. Hercule Satan
  14. Majin Buu
  15. (Perfect) Cell
  16. Gotenks
  17. Yamcha
  18. Beerus
  19. Whis
  20. Hit
  21. Zamasu
  22. Tao Pai Pai
  23. King Piccolo
  24. Launch

Neoxon: the voice of reason. ;)

I would be super happy with that roster...
Last edited by Spman2099; 06-15-2017 at 12:56 AM.
Balfour
Junior Member
(06-15-2017, 12:44 AM)
Sadly

Saibaman and Chaotzu have better chances of Launch
Neoxon
Junior Member
(06-15-2017, 12:44 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spman2099

Neoxon, the voice of reason. ;)

As a wise man once said, "Dare to dream".
NipplesAndToes23
Corona Drug Bust
(06-15-2017, 12:46 AM)
NipplesAndToes23's Avatar
Does this game have throws?
PancakeBurglar
Member
(06-15-2017, 12:48 AM)
PancakeBurglar's Avatar

Originally Posted by NipplesAndToes23

Does this game have throws?

I think the producer said no because throws aren't a big part of Dragon Ball fighting.

Thread Tools