• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Basketball
Banned
(06-15-2017, 01:29 AM)
Seriously the only character that must be in the game for me is Android 16
ZoddGutts
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:29 AM)
ZoddGutts's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alienous

I don't think ArcSys are going to miss out on representing Super - I doubt Bandai Namco would even give them the option. Golden Frieza is in this and was in Extreme Butoden, and though he's technically part of the canon DBZ movies I imagine ArcSys will want to go further than the roster they had in their previous DBZ game. Goku Black would have been the talk of the town when they were putting the roster for this game together.

Super Buu did a lot, sure, but he'd be the third Buu in the game (surely Kid Buu would get in). That and his movelist would require his absorptions, and I'm not sure how they'd handle that. His exclusion would leave Gotenks in a weird place though.

You can have 18 without 17. ArcSys have done it before.

And Nappa - as I said it seems like Super Saiyan Goku and Vegeta are the default. If that's the case I don't expect Nappa or Raditz, but the game to skip representing the Saiyan saga entirely.

Yeah, I think they'll only have characters from those DBZ movies Beerus, Whiz (Boss characters?) and as shown Golden Frieza. Think they'll save the Super characters for the eventual sequel. Personally not a fan of Super since it's mediocre and fanfiction material.

Originally Posted by Night Terror

>Has Golden Frieza
>Wishes for no Super (current series) characters

Where's the 8 ball GIF when you need it.

They were in the DBZ movies first, game is named DBZ not Super. Heck who knows they might still show up but since Super hasn't aired in the U.S. yet, doubt it.
Last edited by ZoddGutts; 06-15-2017 at 01:38 AM.
Balfour
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:29 AM)
Balfour's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gbraga

Isn't Fukkatsu no F technically Z?

It is still part of this new age of dragonball
Playsage
Banned
(06-15-2017, 01:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Gbraga

Isn't Fukkatsu no F technically Z?

It is
HardRojo
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:30 AM)
HardRojo's Avatar
The reason I believe Kale and Caulifla could make it is because by the time this game comes out they'll have been completely exposed to the audience, Toei could give ASW some ideas about how they'll fight, what attacks they'll have and they could go from there.
Slamtastic
(06-15-2017, 01:31 AM)
Slamtastic's Avatar
Man, Toei were really jerks when it came to Super in the US.

Funimation got Attack on Titan Season 2 airing on US TV in English within a month of it starting, but DBZ, perhaps the biggest anime in the US took so long.
Salty Rice
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:34 AM)
Salty Rice's Avatar
Give me Cabba, Kale and Caulifla for my team.
SAB CA
Sketchbook Picasso
(06-15-2017, 01:34 AM)
SAB CA's Avatar
Actually, come to think of it, what if this game was to make fusions accessible ONLY by having the 2 whom would fuse on the main team?

So you'd only be able to access Vegito if you had 2 of your 3 man team as Goku and Vegeta.

Once they fuse, it could be a permanent shift to a 2 man team, thereby cutting you out of an assist, additional health bar, and longer DHCs. But gaining a boost to a single character, with maybe higher damage output, and something like armored moves or something.

It'd be a great way not to use a single character slot solely on a transformation, and to make it more of a strategic aspect of playing the game proper.

For non-fusions, maybe storyline-related characters would have unique team hyper combos. 17 and 18 could get tag-team Sadistic Dance, Gohan and Piccolo could get ACTUAL Father & Sun Masenko, Vegeta and Bulma could have a "How dare you Hurt MY BULMA!" moment, etc...
Boke1879
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:35 AM)
Boke1879's Avatar

Originally Posted by Slamtastic

Man, Toei were really jerks when it came to Super in the US.

Funimation got Attack on Titan Season 2 airing on US TV in English within a month of it starting, but DBZ, perhaps the biggest anime in the US took so long.

Yup. Now people watching this on TV are like a year and half behind.
MiguelMexMIstery
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:35 AM)
MiguelMexMIstery's Avatar
Okay let's make the possibility of a 3 Gohans vs 3 Gohans match happen

Kid Gohan
Cell Games Gohan
Gohan (Mystic)
Great Saiyaman
Future Gohan
Great Ape Gohan?
Neoxon
Junior Member
(06-15-2017, 01:36 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Salty Rice

Give me Cabba, Kale and Caulifla for my team.

So Team Universe 6?
NotLiquid
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:36 AM)
NotLiquid's Avatar
No SRK inputs? That's really surprising. Inputs seem really simple for this game.

Characters I want that I fully expect to show up:
  • 18
  • Videl (please be long hair)
  • Goten
Characters I want that are pretty much wishful thinking:
  • Launch
  • Caulifla
  • Arale
Xiaoki
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:36 AM)
So, just fireball and down down motions?

MvCI got trolled hard by people because it was "dumbed down for accessibility" because casuals.

But, DBZ is OMG SO AWESOME.

DBZ is still very early so hopefully they show off more advanced systems. Watching the footage from Maximilian the characters and fights looked samey. Yeah, there was tons of insanity going on but the gameplay for every character looked too similar.
Neoxon
Junior Member
(06-15-2017, 01:37 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar
Honestly, ASW could do an entire expansion with just the Universe Survival arc characters.
Basketball
Banned
(06-15-2017, 01:37 AM)

Originally Posted by SAB CA

Actually, come to think of it, what if this game was to make fusions accessible ONLY by having the 2 whom would fuse on the main team?

So you'd only be able to access Vegito if you had 2 of your 3 man team as Goku and Vegeta.

Once they fuse, it could be a permanent shift to a 2 man team, thereby cutting you out of an assist, additional health bar, and longer DHCs. But gaining a boost to a single character, with maybe higher damage output, and something like armored moves or something.


It'd be a great way not to use a single character slot solely on a transformation, and to make it more of a strategic aspect of playing the game proper.

For non-fusions, maybe storyline-related characters would have unique team hyper combos. 17 and 18 could get tag-team Sadistic Dance, Gohan and Piccolo could get ACTUAL Father & Sun Masenko, Vegeta and Bulma could have a "How dare you Hurt MY BULMA!" moment, etc...

thats good
kirblar
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:38 AM)
kirblar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xiaoki

So, just fireball and down down motions?

MvCI got trolled hard by people because it was "dumbed down for accessibility" because casuals.

But, DBZ is OMG SO AWESOME.

DBZ is still very early so hopefully they show off more advanced systems. Watching the footage from Maximilian the characters and fights looked samey. Yeah, there was tons of insanity going on but the gameplay for every character looked too similar.

DBZ has a billion extra 2-button commands like P4A. Both DBZ and MvCI have made a ton of concessions to lower-level players.
Neoxon
Junior Member
(06-15-2017, 01:38 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by SAB CA

Actually, come to think of it, what if this game was to make fusions accessible ONLY by having the 2 whom would fuse on the main team?

So you'd only be able to access Vegito if you had 2 of your 3 man team as Goku and Vegeta.

Once they fuse, it could be a permanent shift to a 2 man team, thereby cutting you out of an assist, additional health bar, and longer DHCs. But gaining a boost to a single character, with maybe higher damage output, and something like armored moves or something.


It'd be a great way not to use a single character slot solely on a transformation, and to make it more of a strategic aspect of playing the game proper.

For non-fusions, maybe storyline-related characters would have unique team hyper combos. 17 and 18 could get tag-team Sadistic Dance, Gohan and Piccolo could get ACTUAL Father & Sun Masenko, Vegeta and Bulma could have a "How dare you Hurt MY BULMA!" moment, etc...

I actually suggested that to my local fighting game scene. It's a pretty awesome idea.
NotLiquid
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:39 AM)
NotLiquid's Avatar

Originally Posted by SAB CA

Actually, come to think of it, what if this game was to make fusions accessible ONLY by having the 2 whom would fuse on the main team?

So you'd only be able to access Vegito if you had 2 of your 3 man team as Goku and Vegeta.

Once they fuse, it could be a permanent shift to a 2 man team, thereby cutting you out of an assist, additional health bar, and longer DHCs. But gaining a boost to a single character, with maybe higher damage output, and something like armored moves or something.

It'd be a great way not to use a single character slot solely on a transformation, and to make it more of a strategic aspect of playing the game proper.

For non-fusions, maybe storyline-related characters would have unique team hyper combos. 17 and 18 could get tag-team Sadistic Dance, Gohan and Piccolo could get ACTUAL Father & Sun Masenko, Vegeta and Bulma could have a "How dare you Hurt MY BULMA!" moment, etc...

That's actually a really fucking good idea for fusion characters.

Holy crap, 3v3 makes all the more sense now.
The Silver
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:39 AM)
The Silver's Avatar

Originally Posted by NotLiquid

No SRK inputs? That's really surprising. Inputs seem really simple for this game.

Characters I want that I fully expect to show up:

  • 18
  • Videl (please be long hair)
  • Goten
Characters I want that are pretty much wishful thinking:
  • Launch
  • Caulifla
  • Arale

Videl might be a long shot but you expect Goten to show up? oh my sweet summer child
Alienous
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:39 AM)
Alienous's Avatar

Originally Posted by ZoddGutts

Yeah, I think they'll only have characters from those DBZ movies Beerus, Whiz (Boss characters?) and as shown Golden Frieza. Think they'll save the Super characters for the eventual sequel. Personally not a fan of Super since it's mediocre and fanfiction material.

I'm sensing a conflict of interest in your judgement.

I'd be fine with Dragon Ball FighterZ if there were no Super characters, but that seems unlikely to me. Super characters were the selling point of Xenoverse 2, its pre-orders and it's DLC, Dragon Ball Super is the modern face of Dragon Ball. It would make no sense for ArcSys to only go with Dragon Ball Z characters - it would make even less sense for Bandai Namco to allow that to happen. Goku Black would have been extremely popular when the roster for this was being put together, and ArcSys would have been unable to ignore that. I can't think of any justification for why they wouldn't have a character like Goku Black in, but would have Golden Frieza.
Jimnymebob
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:40 AM)
Jimnymebob's Avatar
I'm expecting a fairly small roster (for a 3v3), just because it's an ASW game. I think a realistic roster would be:
Goku
Vegeta
Teen Gohan
Frieza
Cell
Majin Buu
Great Saiyaman
Hercule
Tien
Piccolo
Krillin
Yamcha
Future Trunks
#17
#18
Gotenks
Videl
Kid Buu
Captain Ginyu or Recoome
Raditz or Nappa
Broly
Cooler
Beerus
Bardock
SSB Goku (Maybe as a GGX2 style Gold character)
SSB Vegeta (Maybe as a GGX2 style Gold character)

That covers all the major DBZ characters minus Zarbon. I could also see Omega Shenron getting in because they like to put him in everything.
Night Terror
Junior Member
(06-15-2017, 01:41 AM)
Night Terror's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gbraga

Isn't Fukkatsu no F technically Z?

"Technically", but if they went as far as to go there, you can expect Battle of Gods and Super too.

I mean, Super was basically the 2 movies and then we moved onto Universe 6 ->Future Trunks->Tournament of Power
Last edited by Night Terror; 06-15-2017 at 01:43 AM.
ZoddGutts
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:41 AM)
ZoddGutts's Avatar
Super has some interesting ideas and characters the execution of everything else is bad. I wouldn't mind if they showed up but eh, won't be sad if they didn't showed up for this game.
Fj0823
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:41 AM)
Fj0823's Avatar

Originally Posted by Playsage

I don't think the Super-only character are making the cut for launch roster.
Since they won't to appeal to a worldwide audience, they'll initially stick to the most recognizable series (GT excluded)

Also that's for the better. Super is garbage :)

That would explain the why Xenoverse is using Super for it's DLC. Selling characters no one knows is a great strategy

Anime streams are popular, Crunchyroll crashes every week when Super releases due to the giant amount of traffic, Random pirated youtube livestreams get over 30,000 views the characters are well known inside the hardcore DBZ fandom and outside
Last edited by Fj0823; 06-15-2017 at 01:44 AM.
Chase17
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:42 AM)
Chase17's Avatar
Nice op. So there should be more news on the game in a magazine (v jump?) later this month right?


Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

Plz gaming gods let my boy be playable

Believe!
omnislayer
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:45 AM)
omnislayer's Avatar

Originally Posted by ZoddGutts

Yeah, I think they'll only have characters from those DBZ movies Beerus, Whiz (Boss characters?) and as shown Golden Frieza. Think they'll save the Super characters for the eventual sequel. Personally not a fan of Super since it's mediocre and fanfiction material.



They were in the DBZ movies first, game is named DBZ not Super. Heck who knows they might still show up but since Super hasn't aired in the U.S. yet, doubt it.

Super is on Toonami every Saturday night actually. Thankfully a lot of people seem to disagree with you since super is pulling in great ratings. They'd be leaving money on the table since super been mostly well received other than a vocal minority of haters.

Anyway this shits off topic so I'll just agree to disagree. I do think some Super will make it.
Last edited by omnislayer; 06-15-2017 at 02:13 AM.
jack_package_200
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:46 AM)
jack_package_200's Avatar
1. Goku (Already Shown)
2. Gohan (Already Shown)
3. Vegeta (Already Shown)
4. Perfect Cell (Already Shown)
5. Frieza (Already Shown)
6. Majin Buu (Already Shown)
7. Krillin
8. Tien
9. Yamcha
10. Piccolo
11. Future Trunks
12. Recoome
13. Ginyu
14. Android 16
15. Android 17
16. Android 18
17. Videl
18. Hercule
19. Kid Buu
20. Supreme Kai
21. Beerus
22. Goku Black
23. Hit
24. Broly
25. Bardock
26. Gotenks

DLC
1. Caulifa
2. Launch
3. Zarbon
4. Janemba
5. Cooler
6. Super Saiyan 4 Goku
7. Vegito/Gogeta
Last edited by jack_package_200; 06-15-2017 at 01:53 AM.
cryptosporidium
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:49 AM)
cryptosporidium's Avatar
Kid Goku
Super Saiyaman
Videl
Tien
Ginyu Force
Kid Chi Chi
Roshi

GIVE THEM TO ME ARC SYS
Revven
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:49 AM)
Revven's Avatar

Originally Posted by ZoddGutts

Heck who knows they might still show up but since Super hasn't aired in the U.S. yet, doubt it.

Uhhh, it's been running in the U.S for like a few months now??? I don't know how far it is but it has definitely been airing here.
Neoxon
Junior Member
(06-15-2017, 01:50 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by ZoddGutts

They were in the DBZ movies first, game is named DBZ not Super. Heck who knows they might still show up but since Super hasn't aired in the U.S. yet, doubt it.

It's on Toonami every Saturday night.
Sayad
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:55 AM)
Sayad's Avatar

Originally Posted by enzo_gt

All I really want is Future Trunks and Android 18 TBH. From the wishlists here, they're seemingly not as cool as they were when I watched DBZ as a kid.

Guaranteed characters aren't very popular in wishlists. ;)
Playsage
Banned
(06-15-2017, 01:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Fj0823

That would explain the why Xenoverse is using Super for it's DLC. Selling characters no one knows is a great strategy

Anime streams are popular, Crunchyroll crashes every week when Super releases due to the giant amount of traffic, Random pirated youtube livestreams get over 30,000 views the characters are well known inside the hardcore DBZ fandom and outside

(Shit, missed that typo)

How many characters from Z are missing in the Xenoverse games? (genuine curiosity, since I don't follow those games)
'cause if Z is more than covered in those games, I don't see what they can actually try to sell to people other than the most recent content in the franchise

Then, Dragon Ball games target demographic is way bigger than anime fans and the main selling point of DB games is the DBZ nostalgia

Also, they decide to go with Super Vegeta of all things
Last edited by Playsage; 06-15-2017 at 02:07 AM.
mooncakes
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:59 AM)
mooncakes's Avatar

Originally Posted by PancakeBurglar

I think the producer said no because throws aren't a big part of Dragon Ball fighting.

They have throws

Got it from here
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spuqtk

PancakeBurglar
Member
(06-15-2017, 02:02 AM)
PancakeBurglar's Avatar

Originally Posted by mooncakes

They have throws

Got it from here
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spuqtk

So those are the throws of the game? Looks cool, thanks for correction.
NotLiquid
Member
(06-15-2017, 02:02 AM)
NotLiquid's Avatar

Originally Posted by mooncakes

They have throws

Got it from here
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spuqtk

That's not a throw, it's the game's equivalent of Dusts from Guilty Gear.
kirblar
Member
(06-15-2017, 02:04 AM)
kirblar's Avatar

Originally Posted by NotLiquid

That's not a throw, it's the game's equivalent of Dusts from Guilty Gear.

It's not blockable, but you can "tech" it with another one, they're taking the role of both.
mooncakes
Member
(06-15-2017, 02:05 AM)
mooncakes's Avatar

Originally Posted by NotLiquid

That's not a throw, it's the game's equivalent of Dusts from Guilty Gear.



im not sure but in this, both character can break out of it
NotLiquid
Member
(06-15-2017, 02:10 AM)
NotLiquid's Avatar

Originally Posted by kirblar

It's not blockable, but you can "tech" it with another one, they're taking the role of both.

Ah that makes more sense then. Was thrown off by the fact that the move was clearly an overhead in that gif.
ElBoxyBrown
Member
(06-15-2017, 02:16 AM)
ElBoxyBrown's Avatar
My realistic roster guess:

Goku
Vegeta
Piccolo
Krillin
Gohan
Future Trunks
Cell
Majin Buu
Frieza
Android 18
Beerus
Videl
Zamasu
Whis
Yamcha
Tien
Master Roshi

It's 17 cuz that was number of characters from Xrd if you include the DLC.
Fj0823
Member
(06-15-2017, 02:16 AM)
Fj0823's Avatar

Originally Posted by dan2026

Future Mai with shotgun?

Energy bullets son.
cordy
Member
(06-15-2017, 02:16 AM)
cordy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Baleoce

I think because of Golden Frieza (obviously, cos he's already in) and Beerus might get a pass yeah, because of their inclusion in the Z films. I'm not sure anyone outside of that from Super (at least in the base version of this game) is guaranteed at all.

Yeah I think Golden Freeza, Beerus, SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta will get their shine with the base game while all the others will just be DLC. Since I see this being a big hit (and ASW always does sequels) I think the next additions will definitely get the Super love. It'll be pretty easy.
Crocodile
Member
(06-15-2017, 02:20 AM)
Crocodile's Avatar
I REALLY REALLY hope SSJB Goku and Vegeta aren't separate characters. They should just be installs of Goku and Vegeta proper. Maybe they'll be implemented in the Beta or a later pre-release version of the game.

as an aside, if y'all are looking for more female characters, don't sleep on

Brianne de Chateau who transforms into Magical Girl Ribrianne



Transformation here

We don't exactly know her powerset yet but she is supposed to be one of the major characters in the current tournament arc (the tournament hasn't started but it will soon).

Originally Posted by TreIII

The thing about Cauliflower and Kale is that they're both a) too new and b) the saga they're introduced in hasn't even really gotten fully under way, yet. At most, as far as Super content goes, I don't see them going past Goku Black for Base Roster.

Originally Posted by Alienous

It would. It takes a long time to create a fighting game character. When characters were being considered Caulifla and Kale wouldn't have even appeared on the whiteboard.

I think people forget that because ASW is working with Bandai-Namco, they have access to more info and insight on new characters than anyone on the outside. "They are too new" I don't think is likely to weigh to hard against there inclusion.

As an aside, when they confirm Trunks, I hope they include his new moves and power-up from Super
Last edited by Crocodile; 06-15-2017 at 02:23 AM.
OmegaSmash
Member
(06-15-2017, 02:22 AM)
OmegaSmash's Avatar
Dragon Rush is the game's equivalent to Dust from GG + throw + snap back (I don't think anyone has seen what triggers the snap back yet)
HardRojo
Member
(06-15-2017, 02:24 AM)
HardRojo's Avatar
I want SSB RoF outfits Vegeta and Goku to be separate characters, but that's because I'm 200% biased towards those costumes. I totally love them, if my avatar isn't indication enough... and I'd fucking love to see ASW animate those renditions of Goku and Vegeta in all of their SSB glory.
Fj0823
Member
(06-15-2017, 02:26 AM)
Fj0823's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crocodile

I REALLY REALLY hope SSJB Goku and Vegeta aren't separate characters. They should just be installs of Goku and Vegeta proper. Maybe they'll be implemented in the Beta or a later pre-release version of the game.

as an aside, if y'all are looking for more female characters, don't sleep on

Brianne de Chateau who transforms into Magical Girl Ribrianne



Transformation here

We don't exactly know her powerset yet but she is supposed to be one of the major characters in the current tournament arc (the tournament hasn't started but it will soon).





I think people forget that because ASW is working with Bandai-Namco, they have access to more info and insight on new characters than anyone on the outside.

Also, She's gonna 1v1 Vegeta



I can't wait.
ArchedThunder
Doing Toriyama's work.
(06-15-2017, 02:27 AM)
ArchedThunder's Avatar

Originally Posted by HardRojo

I want SSB RoF outfits Vegeta and Goku to be separate characters, but that's because I'm 200% biased towards those costumes. I totally love them, if my avatar isn't indication enough... and I'd fucking love to see ASW animate those renditions of Goku and Vegeta in all of their SSB glory.

We'll probably get Blue Goku and Vegeta as separate characters, but who knows what outfits they'll have.

Originally Posted by Fj0823

Also, She's gonna 1v1 Vegeta



I can't wait.

^This GIF bothers me because it's skipping frames.


Last edited by ArchedThunder; 06-15-2017 at 02:29 AM.
Rawmee
Junior Member
(06-15-2017, 02:27 AM)
Rawmee's Avatar

Originally Posted by OmegaSmash

Dragon Rush is the game's equivalent to Dust from GG + throw + snap back (I don't think anyone has seen what triggers the snap back yet)

You can dragon rush someone up or horizontally like dust and doing the horizontal version in the corner is what I've seen trigger the snapback.
omnislayer
Member
(06-15-2017, 02:29 AM)
omnislayer's Avatar
I would love it if they had one or two completely out of left field unexpected characters like Roshi/Jackie Chun or or something insane like Bulma in a mecha suit or Android 17.
I'm just picking on you Slaythe :)
FUNKNOWN iXi
Member
(06-15-2017, 02:29 AM)
FUNKNOWN iXi's Avatar

Originally Posted by zedreamcast

1. Piccolo
2. Future Trunks

There end of list that's all the game needs.

lmao

Originally Posted by Fj0823

Also, She's gonna 1v1 Vegeta



I can't wait.

Cool spoilers bruv :] ;'[
Lulubop
Member
(06-15-2017, 02:30 AM)
Lulubop's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crocodile

I REALLY REALLY hope SSJB Goku and Vegeta aren't separate characters. They should just be installs of Goku and Vegeta proper. Maybe they'll be implemented in the Beta or a later pre-release version of the game.

as an aside, if y'all are looking for more female characters, don't sleep on

Brianne de Chateau who transforms into Magical Girl Ribrianne



Transformation here

We don't exactly know her powerset yet but she is supposed to be one of the major characters in the current tournament arc (the tournament hasn't started but it will soon).



I think people forget that because ASW is working with Bandai-Namco, they have access to more info and insight on new characters than anyone on the outside. "They are too new" I don't think is likely to weigh to hard against there inclusion.

As an aside, when they confirm Trunks, I hope they include his new moves and power-up from Super

isnt she from FF10?

Thread Tools