• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Rncewind
Member
(06-18-2017, 06:43 PM)

Originally Posted by PhantomThief

Dude you literally do not understand what I am saying,

yes im not, thats why i said it
?

Originally Posted by PhantomThief

What I am saying is, why do you thik the people who left these negative reviews are still playing the game?,

I never stated such a thing
PhantomThief
Junior Member
(06-18-2017, 06:43 PM)
PhantomThief's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rncewind

Would be a great point if there would not be data, which leave no place for imagniry ridicoulus maybes. The ammount of people playing are steady at there were no major falloff, especially not in the region you claim

The negative reviews are about 33.000.

Do you seriously not understand that those people could have stopped playing while the other few millions just go about their business?

Do you understand now or?

Rncewind, where are you from if I may ask? I will assume English is not your first language.
Tall4Life
Banned
(06-18-2017, 06:47 PM)
Good to know that there is a strong defense force on GAF even for banning single player mods
Rncewind
Member
(06-18-2017, 06:50 PM)

Originally Posted by PhantomThief

The negative reviews are about 33.000.

Do you seriously not understand that those people could have stopped playing while the other few millions just go about their business?

I do
But this is not reflecting anywhere in the player stats. I didnt make 80 % of the claims that you are assuming i made. This doesnt change with my native language
this is the post where you jumped on with shit posting:

Originally Posted by Rncewind

would maybe a better thing if they hammered it with not playing it

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/?l=english

none of the things you claimed i stated. I stated the fact that it would a more effective thing when it wouldnt be one of the most played games on steam right now


which is still and will be a 100 % correct fact.

but it seems like this is "shitposting" and not the type of content wanted in this thread so i take my leave
PhantomThief
Junior Member
(06-18-2017, 06:50 PM)
PhantomThief's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tall4Life

Good to know that there is a strong defense force on GAF even for banning single player mods

Sadly, some people see it as a personal attack when a company they like is attacked for making or having anti-consumer decisions/practices.
petran79
Member
(06-18-2017, 06:59 PM)
petran79's Avatar
Take2 using gangster methods in a game about gangsters.
Not surprised.
Daffy Duck
Member
(06-18-2017, 07:00 PM)
Daffy Duck's Avatar

Originally Posted by bananafactory

I don't support Rockstar/Take Two's decision but man this is just another example of why Steam reviews are such trash.

What?

Is this not the clearest and easiest method for pushback?
Stimpack
Member
(06-18-2017, 07:01 PM)
Stimpack's Avatar
I don't understand the "no one gives a fuck" responses.
Ardenyal
Member
(06-18-2017, 07:02 PM)
Ardenyal's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhantomThief

Sadly, some people see it as a personal attack when a company they like is attacked for making or having anti-consumer decisions/practices.

How about no one attacks anyone and everyone just ignores entertainment products that do not support things they like.
Durante
Come on down to Durante's drivethru PC port fixes. 15 minutes or less. Yelp: ★★★★★

Fixed Souls, Deadly Premonition, Lightning Returns, Umihara Kawase, Symphonia, Little King's Story, PhD, likes mimosas.
(06-18-2017, 07:04 PM)
Durante's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tall4Life

Good to know that there is a strong defense force on GAF even for banning single player mods

The negativity, edgy sarcasm and flat-out misrepresentation in this thread only goes to show that there truly is a defense force for everything on GAF.

It would be easier to digest if all that corporate cheerleading was at least paid for.
PhantomThief
Junior Member
(06-18-2017, 07:10 PM)
PhantomThief's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ardenyal

How about no one attacks anyone and everyone just ignores entertainment products that do not support things they like.

Why would you not attack a company ( verbally ) that clearly does things that are anti-consumer?

Why does that hurt you?

In this specific case it's removing things that people may have bought the game for. So changing a product after the fact.
Yukinari
Member
(06-18-2017, 07:12 PM)
Yukinari's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tall4Life

Good to know that there is a strong defense force on GAF even for banning single player mods

There could be a thread about having to spend real money to play GTA Online and there would still be one person defending it.
13ruce
Member
(06-18-2017, 07:15 PM)
13ruce's Avatar
This is actually pretty cool mods are not against the law at all so Rockstar saying they are illegal is funny af.

You can do with your copy of a game whatever you want aslong as you don't sell things related to it.
VibratingDonkey
Member
(06-18-2017, 07:23 PM)
VibratingDonkey's Avatar
Overall: Mixed 68%
We pushed it down a tier. Yay.

"Won't change anything making millions already sold blablah"
Yes, and? I mean, ideally positive change would be the result, what we all want, but Take Two are greedy assholes who don't care about or respect us, they hate us. We're not going to get it.

So to me, this is primarily about sending the message of "go fuck yourselves."
Since there is no way for us to make Take Two care, by making a significant enough financial impact, since actual change is hopeless, I'm perfectly content with that message being delivered successfully. I believe it has been.
Last edited by VibratingDonkey; 06-19-2017 at 02:18 AM.
PHOENIXZERO
Member
(06-18-2017, 07:28 PM)
PHOENIXZERO's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tall4Life

Good to know that there is a strong defense force on GAF even for banning single player mods

There's defense forces here for infinitely worse things so it shouldn't at all be a surprise.
Dick Justice
Member
(06-18-2017, 07:40 PM)
Dick Justice's Avatar

Originally Posted by VibratingDonkey

Overall: Mixed 68%
We pushed it down a tier. Yay.

"Won't change anything making millions already sold blablah"
Yes, and? I mean, ideally positive change would be the result, what we all want, but Take Two are greedy assholes who don't care about or respect us, they hate us. We're not going to get it.

So to me, this is primarily about sending the message of "go fuck yourselves."
Since there is no way for us to make Take Two care, by making a significant enough financial impact, since actual change is hopeless, I'm perfectly content with that message being delivered successfully. I believe it has.

Yeah, the people who keep repeating the tired old "this won't do anything" rhetoric are starting to become more than a little annoying. As if sitting back and bitching about people who are making their voices heard will have any more of an effect.
fluffydelusions
Member
(06-18-2017, 07:42 PM)
fluffydelusions's Avatar

Originally Posted by sn00zer

This means absolutely nothing since everyone who wants GTA5 has it already so its not like they are going to lose sales.

Not true. Check steamspy and see how many purchases were made in the past couple weeks. People still buy it in droves.
EloKa
Member
(06-18-2017, 07:44 PM)
EloKa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tall4Life

Good to know that there is a strong defense force on GAF even for banning single player mods

OpenIV is only a basic toolkit that allows modding of the game. You can mod your single game with it or you can use it as a base for cheats and unmonitored multiplayer pirate servers. And these "pirate servers" became really huge in the last weeks as well as earning huge profits.

The software isn't "bad" on it's own but because the publisher can not allow "only the good stuff" of the toolkit and disallow the bad aspects (that are built on the OpenIV foundation) they have imho every right to ban it for now
Last edited by EloKa; 06-18-2017 at 07:49 PM.
cripterion
Member
(06-18-2017, 07:45 PM)
cripterion's Avatar
The game's online component sucks donkey balls anyways. Never have I seen a game with so much downtime to do so little. So fucking clunky I'm amazed people play this shit.
IgotElbows
Member
(06-18-2017, 07:52 PM)
IgotElbows's Avatar
Woah, this was an even bigger backlash than when Skyrim had paid mods.
Pantaghana
Member
(06-18-2017, 07:55 PM)
Pantaghana's Avatar

Originally Posted by sn00zer

This means absolutely nothing since everyone who wants GTA5 has it already so its not like they are going to lose sales.

DaciaJC
Member
(06-18-2017, 07:57 PM)
DaciaJC's Avatar
Good on the PC community for making their voices heard. Rockstar and Take Two won't be getting any more money from me if their stance on this doesn't change. I'm sure RDR2 will be great but the way T2 have shit on their playerbase, including some of their most fervent fans, is insulting.
Dick Justice
Member
(06-18-2017, 07:58 PM)
Dick Justice's Avatar

Originally Posted by EloKa

OpenIV is only a basic toolkit that allows modding of the game. You can mod your single game with it or you can use it as a base for cheats and unmonitored multiplayer pirate servers. And these "pirate servers" became really huge in the last weeks as well as earning huge profits.

The software isn't "bad" on it's own but because the publisher can not allow "only the good stuff" of the toolkit and disallow the bad aspects (that are built on the OpenIV foundation) they have imho every right to ban it for now

Which of these cheating tools use OpenIV as a base?
Jabo
Member
(06-18-2017, 07:59 PM)
Jabo's Avatar
Huge backlash kinda reminded me of this:

Ullus
Member
(06-18-2017, 08:00 PM)
Ullus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Steve o 3000

Visualante2
Member
(06-18-2017, 08:03 PM)
Visualante2's Avatar

Originally Posted by fluffydelusions

Not true. Check steamspy and see how many purchases were made in the past couple weeks. People still buy it in droves.

and how it has been in the UK charts for the past 5 years.
Kamina
Member
(06-18-2017, 08:05 PM)
Kamina's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ardenyal

How about no one attacks anyone and everyone just ignores entertainment products that do not support things they like.

If people were ignoring it those 30k voices currently would simply be swallowed by the amount players who dont care for mods. No, the bad reviews are a good thing to show how upset people are.
Last edited by Kamina; 06-18-2017 at 08:12 PM.
EloKa
Member
(06-18-2017, 08:10 PM)
EloKa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dick Justice

Which of these cheating tools use OpenIV as a base?

i'm not familar with GTA Online Cheats.
But OpenIV allows to inject external content (like mods) into the game engine. Using this method other people wrote hooks that allow those "piracy servers" which is basically the normal single player game but emulated to play online with others. Guess GTA:O cheats will work on the same basics by using OpenIV to inject their Code. From the technical side it should work and T2's statement hints that way as well
Last edited by EloKa; 06-18-2017 at 08:12 PM.
hanspampel
Member
(06-18-2017, 08:11 PM)
hanspampel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jabo

Huge backlash kinda reminded me of this:

Worked out well for them
CoD is a totally dead franchise on PC
Ploid 3.0
Member
(06-18-2017, 08:11 PM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jack The Nipper

Just don't buy thier next game if you don't like what they are doing. They don't make good games imo.

They use to make good games with midnight club, bully.

This is my plan. I don't even mind skipping their stuff. RDR bored me and my only interest in GTA pc is for mods, like Bethesda games. I did get digital psn GTAV at launch though. I'm done, I used to be a big fan, thankfully GTAIV got me out of that phase.
patapuf
Member
(06-18-2017, 08:16 PM)
patapuf's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jabo

Huge backlash kinda reminded me of this:

And now COD on PC is pratically dead. The community never recovered.
Pantaghana
Member
(06-18-2017, 08:16 PM)
Pantaghana's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jabo

Huge backlash kinda reminded me of this:

Counterpoint


Stuggernaut
Grandma's Chippy
(06-18-2017, 08:18 PM)
Stuggernaut's Avatar
Side comment as a "busy with life" casual gamer...For all you people saying the reviews mean nothing.

Granted this is just MY perspective... so take it as you will.

I sometimes flip through the queue that Steam tosses at me to see new games, be inspired etc. The very first thing I look at is the overall status of the review. If it says "overwhelmingly negative" I don't even give it a second look and I move on.

It's a poor filter I know, because I am relying on people not intentionally railroading a game (like what is happening here), but it is a passable first defense for not wasting money on bad games.

I may end up buying badly reviewed games anyway, but only after word of mouth or Gaf threads have convinced me to.

Point is, for some people, that negative flag can be an automatic skip...which is a loss of dollars.

I honestly don't think GTAV falls into this category because of how well known it is, but just making a comment on reviews in general.

Take it as you will.

PS... I still have not bought GTAV lol.
fluffydelusions
Member
(06-18-2017, 08:21 PM)
fluffydelusions's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jabo

Huge backlash kinda reminded me of this:

COD is dead on pc now
IgotElbows
Member
(06-18-2017, 08:23 PM)
IgotElbows's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stuggernaut

Side comment as a "busy with life" casual gamer...For all you people saying the reviews mean nothing.

Granted this is just MY perspective... so take it as you will.

I sometimes flip through the queue that Steam tosses at me to see new games, be inspired etc. The very first thing I look at is the overall status of the review. If it says "overwhelmingly negative" I don't even give it a second look and I move on.

It's a poor filter I know, because I am relying on people not intentionally railroading a game (like what is happening here), but it is a passable first defense for not wasting money on bad games.

I may end up buying badly reviewed games anyway, but only after word of mouth or Gaf threads have convinced me to.

Point is, for some people, that negative flag can be an automatic skip...which is a loss of dollars.

I honestly don't think GTAV falls into this category because of how well known it is, but just making a comment on reviews in general.

Take it as you will.

PS... I still have not bought GTAV lol.

On indie games, when I see mostly/overwhelmingly negative, I assume the game just died, or they didn't fix it or something.
When it's a triple A game, I usually look a little more into it.
Piers
Member
(06-18-2017, 08:25 PM)
Piers's Avatar
"Rockstar come on release GTA6 on PC >:("
"No mods yeah? :D"
"Fuck you modding is everything"
"Pass :D"
"FUCK YOU!!"
Nokterian
always look on the bright side of STRIFE
...and LOL
...and DOTA2
(06-18-2017, 08:26 PM)
Nokterian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jabo

Huge backlash kinda reminded me of this:

Jesus fucking christ are we still bringing this up? CoD is dead on PC anyway also showing this from fucking 2009..get the fuck out.

For the people saying oh it doesn't work, let me tell you if you don't protest nothing will change not letting your voice heard meaning you accept everything that is happening in the world be it in games or in politics.
MaddenNFL64
Member
(06-18-2017, 08:27 PM)
MaddenNFL64's Avatar

Originally Posted by hanspampel

Worked out well for them
CoD is a totally dead franchise on PC

Ya, saw that post and was thinking to myself "Isn't Call of Duty a wasteland on PC now? They have no community there".
Stuggernaut
Grandma's Chippy
(06-18-2017, 08:28 PM)
Stuggernaut's Avatar

Originally Posted by IgotElbows

On indie games, when I see mostly/overwhelmingly negative, I assume the game just died, or they didn't fix it or something.
When it's a triple A game, I usually look a little more into it.

Me as well, just making a point that if a person is time limited, they may skip a game simply based on this and put their time into something with positive reviews up front.
Alexander DeLarge
Member
(06-18-2017, 08:28 PM)
Alexander DeLarge's Avatar

Originally Posted by hanspampel

Worked out well for them
CoD is a totally dead franchise on PC

This. People will post that image until the end of time but I don't think its a coincidence that I can't find a match in anything but TDM past the week of release of a new Call of Duty.
Nokterian
always look on the bright side of STRIFE
...and LOL
...and DOTA2
(06-18-2017, 08:28 PM)
Nokterian's Avatar

Originally Posted by MaddenNFL64

Ya, saw that post and was thinking to myself "Isn't Call of Duty a wasteland on PC now? They have no community there".

BO2 was the last one and still has a healthy community that is still playing but overall it is dead.
Mobius and pet octopus
Member
(06-18-2017, 08:32 PM)
Mobius and pet octopus's Avatar
I lost respect for these modders when they tried to claim modding is fair use.
Anth0ny
Member
(06-18-2017, 08:33 PM)
Anth0ny's Avatar
lets see if the sales actually go down
Aaron D.
Member
(06-18-2017, 08:34 PM)
Aaron D.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Stuggernaut

I sometimes flip through the queue that Steam tosses at me to see new games, be inspired etc. The very first thing I look at is the overall status of the review. If it says "overwhelmingly negative" I don't even give it a second look and I move on.

It's a poor filter I know, because I am relying on people not intentionally railroading a game (like what is happening here), but it is a passable first defense for not wasting money on bad games.

And this is exactly why nerd-rage vigilantism becomes a self-inflicted wound.

In the past month I've watched The Long Dark, EU4/CK2 and GTA V all crater in User Review rankings as Steam users protest vote against a company, disingenuously voting games down because they're mad at a publisher.

It's misdirected rage in that they're directly influencing the sales of a product they allegedly enjoy, cutting their own legs out from themselves.

I'm not even against being mad at a company. I just think the avenue of expression is short-sighted and supremely immature. It's also selfish as F. A sea of Negative reviews adversely affects a gaming community who are enjoying the product. Reduced sales means less attention to a project in the form of polish updates, DLC, and even future installments.

If you want to protest a company, stop buying a product. Write them a letter. Hell, write your congressman. But falsely posting Negative User Reviews is not only a mistake, it's disingenuous and misleading. Your reviewing the Publisher and not the Game. And that's not what the system is there for.
Adnor
Member
(06-18-2017, 08:35 PM)
Adnor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jabo

Huge backlash kinda reminded me of this:

That image is so funny now, but not for the reasons the people who post it think it is lmao
LinkAndEpona
Member
(06-18-2017, 08:58 PM)
LinkAndEpona's Avatar
Modding is the sole reason why GTA5 has so many sales, taking that away is such a bad idea...
Diprosalic
Member
(06-18-2017, 08:58 PM)
Diprosalic's Avatar

Originally Posted by LinkAndEpona

Modding is the sole reason why GTA5 has so many sales, taking that away is such a bad idea...

sure.
Phrozenflame500
Member
(06-18-2017, 09:02 PM)
Phrozenflame500's Avatar
steam review bombing probably means close to nothing, but honestly im glad it's there
hidys
Member
(06-18-2017, 09:04 PM)
hidys's Avatar
It might not change anything but it is certainly better than doing nothing.
Zombegoast
Member
(06-18-2017, 09:07 PM)
Zombegoast's Avatar

Originally Posted by fluffydelusions

COD is dead on pc now

Except for Blops 2 and WaW coming at second. Both having more people playing than Street Fighter.

Thread Tools