• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

golem
Member
(06-19-2017, 04:51 AM)
golem's Avatar
Also the new dash view is awesome, hope it shows up in the next Horizon as well
Remij
Member
(06-19-2017, 04:54 AM)
Remij's Avatar

Originally Posted by golem

Also the new dash view is awesome, hope it shows up in the next Horizon as well

I would LOVE for them to just simply patch it in. If I recall correctly they had that view at E3 2016 for their rigs on the show floor but it never was kept in the game.

Cmon Turn10/PG, patch that in!
Hexer06
Member
(06-19-2017, 05:03 AM)
Hexer06's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hawk269

For HDR yes. USB direct to the TV is the best way to watch it.

Okay thx. I'll have to find my USB drives laying around somewhere then. Lol
Bod
Junior Member
(06-19-2017, 05:06 AM)
Bod's Avatar
absolutely stunning
gus-gus
Banned
(06-19-2017, 05:09 AM)
There a lot of 4k hdr videos on the Xbox dashboard from the conference. They all look great especially the Indies they have. On the Xbox dashboard there should be a selection on the side that says e3 recap or something then you'll have 4 options to select from. Tons of videos there. Works only on one s.
golem
Member
(06-19-2017, 05:12 AM)
golem's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hexer06

Okay thx. I'll have to find my USB drives laying around somewhere then. Lol

On my LG the built in player can show HDR/Dolby vision files without a problem through Plex
Izuna
Member
(06-19-2017, 05:13 AM)
Izuna's Avatar
brbusingimaginationbecauseno.hdr

I feel like putting this on an sd card so I can view it on an S8 somewhere.
Dave_6
Member
(06-19-2017, 05:15 AM)
Dave_6's Avatar
Ugh, each download is going to take 30+ minutes :/
Jailer of Hope
Member
(06-19-2017, 05:16 AM)
Jailer of Hope's Avatar
That final bit with the GTR. Gorgeous.
Chamber
love on your sleeve
(06-19-2017, 05:19 AM)
Chamber's Avatar

Originally Posted by rokkerkory

KS8000 here and turned on HDR+ mode... looks pretty damn nice with colors popping. Is this the right mode?

Turn off HDR+ and then never turn that option on again. It's not necessary.
Gaz Pwnage
Member
(06-19-2017, 05:20 AM)
Gaz Pwnage's Avatar
Amazing.

4K HDR is the future.
ghibli99
Member
(06-19-2017, 05:20 AM)
X800D HDR10 here. Colors look a little washed out to me compared to SDR content from last week, but in terms of how much this makes it look like natural sunlight on that Dubai track and the final stretch with the R35? Man, I can't wait to play this for real. :)
Nikana
Member
(06-19-2017, 05:20 AM)
Nikana's Avatar
Oh my lanta the clarity!

So beautiful.
wumster3000
Member
(06-19-2017, 05:23 AM)
wumster3000's Avatar
That looks amazing!
F34R
Member
(06-19-2017, 05:24 AM)
F34R's Avatar
NICE!! Played the videos through my Sammy K8500 to my Vizio P65 C-1. HDR10/Full 4k. Looks great!
soundscream
ATTN MEN: visually inspect your condom before disposal
Also GAF's leading millennial
(06-19-2017, 05:28 AM)
soundscream's Avatar
Wow!

When the thunder and lightning hit in the second video........



HDR has been one of the highlights of this gen
Rayge
Member
(06-19-2017, 05:31 AM)
Rayge's Avatar
Time to move my computer downstairs to play on this on my TV. That looked pretty damn good. Never seen a racing look like that.
DreadfulOmen
Member
(06-19-2017, 05:31 AM)
DreadfulOmen's Avatar
Gamersyde has 2 videos. In the video without the rain, there are still some jaggies on the wires in the beginning of the track, but besides that the games looks really good overall.
Hawk269
Member
(06-19-2017, 05:32 AM)
Hawk269's Avatar

Originally Posted by soundscream

Wow!

When the thunder and lightning hit in the second video........



HDR has been one of the highlights of this gen

Yeah, Gears of War 4 and Forza Horizon 3 really are impactful in HDR. I think for this game the combination of native 4k and HDR is what is making it even more impressive. The IQ and HDR impact really make it shine.
Hawk269
Member
(06-19-2017, 05:34 AM)
Hawk269's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rayge

Time to move my computer downstairs to play on this on my TV. That looked pretty damn good. Never seen a racing look like that.

Will you PC output in 4k and HDR to the TV though? Would it not be easier to put the 2 files on a USB stick and plug that into the USB port on your TV?
DreadfulOmen
Member
(06-19-2017, 05:35 AM)
DreadfulOmen's Avatar

Originally Posted by rokkerkory

KS8000 here and turned on HDR+ mode... looks pretty damn nice with colors popping. Is this the right mode?

that's not the way the game devs wanted you to see it. HDR+ is not HDR.
PositiveGamer
Member
(06-19-2017, 05:43 AM)
PositiveGamer's Avatar
I got no words.. wow... just wow
BLAUcopter
Member
(06-19-2017, 05:46 AM)
BLAUcopter's Avatar
OMFG my eyes! This looks absolutely amazing. That storm!
Hexer06
Member
(06-19-2017, 05:51 AM)
Hexer06's Avatar
God! DAM! That looks amazing. I loved the ending sunset in the 2nd video. 4K HDR really is such a drastic improvement. Can't wait for the X to come out! (At least get those pre-orders up! lol)
Colbert
Member
(06-19-2017, 05:56 AM)
Colbert's Avatar
I just downloaded and watched it on my LG OLED B6. Looks gorgeous. But I had to play it directly from my TV. Nice service by gamersyde!

My Xbox One S did not like the video format. Standard Media Player and VLC did not work. In addition VLC urged my Xbox One S to turn off.
soundscream
ATTN MEN: visually inspect your condom before disposal
Also GAF's leading millennial
(06-19-2017, 05:57 AM)
soundscream's Avatar

Originally Posted by Colbert

I just downloaded and watched it on my LG OLED B6. Looks gorgeous. But I had to play it directly from my TV. Nice service by gamersyde!

My Xbox One S did not like the video format. Standard Media Player and VLC did not work. In addition VLC urged my Xbox One S to turn off.

I saved it on a usb and it played fine on my one s through the movie & tv app.

Edit: LOL I just tried both of those apps and got the same results.
Colbert
Member
(06-19-2017, 06:00 AM)
Colbert's Avatar

Originally Posted by soundscream

I saved it on a usb and it played fine on my one s through the movie & tv app.

That is the one app that I did not thought of to try out. Will try it later. Thanks for the info.

Edit: Movie & TV app works fine like you said. Reason for not using it was: it wasn't installed on my Xbox One S.
xiaxdragon
Banned
(06-19-2017, 06:04 AM)
oooooooo

fuck you guys,


now I have to download this for my KS8000
soundscream
ATTN MEN: visually inspect your condom before disposal
Also GAF's leading millennial
(06-19-2017, 06:08 AM)
soundscream's Avatar

Originally Posted by Colbert

That is the one app that I did not thought of to try out. Will try it later. Thanks for the info.

Its funny how each one of these apps has there own littile quirks

media player: streams non hd content from my computer best
VLC: best for hooked up external storage streaming
movies & tv: will do 4k HDR
Alexious
Member
(06-19-2017, 06:09 AM)
Alexious's Avatar
Welp. There is a great offer for an LG B7 and I was just about to take the plunge, though I have never spent nearly as much on a display.
Now, though...Gotta see this stuff.
Colbert
Member
(06-19-2017, 06:26 AM)
Colbert's Avatar

Originally Posted by soundscream

Its funny how each one of these apps has there own littile quirks

media player: streams non hd content from my computer best
VLC: best for hooked up external storage streaming
movies & tv: will do 4k HDR

Yes, thats interesting indeed. Btw I have now tested it with the TV Movie app and it works like you said.
Bear Cub in Sky
Member
(06-19-2017, 06:35 AM)
Bear Cub in Sky's Avatar
For those having trouble running from USB on the Movie and TV app on XB1, uninstall the app and reinstall. That worked for me!
BleedOrange
Banned
(06-19-2017, 06:38 AM)
What are some good USB drive to use for viewing on Samsung KS* series TVs? I have a crummy 500mb one that works but my 4gb one does not (and yes I have tried formatting it to FAT32).
malyce
Member
(06-19-2017, 06:44 AM)
malyce's Avatar
Unless i downloaded the wrong file, my TV did not notify me that an HDR video is playing (KS8000). Looks crisp, but that's about it.
farisr
Member
(06-19-2017, 07:11 AM)
farisr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bear Cub in Sky

For those having trouble running from USB on the Movie and TV app on XB1, uninstall the app and reinstall. That worked for me!

Wait... does XB1S do HDR via USB vids?
soundscream
ATTN MEN: visually inspect your condom before disposal
Also GAF's leading millennial
(06-19-2017, 07:12 AM)
soundscream's Avatar

Originally Posted by farisr

Wait... does XB1S do HDR via USB/that app?

Yes
Jaguar Victory
Member
(06-19-2017, 07:12 AM)
Jaguar Victory's Avatar
This is why I chuckle when posters claim 4k and HDR are just fads.
farisr
Member
(06-19-2017, 07:12 AM)
farisr's Avatar

Originally Posted by soundscream

Yes

Well that makes things a lot simpler.

Originally Posted by Jaguar Victory

This is why I chuckle when posters claim 4k and HDR are just fads.

Yeah, HDR is legit. I can't wait for devs to start taking more and more advantage of it with newer games.
Rayge
Member
(06-19-2017, 07:14 AM)
Rayge's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hawk269

Will you PC output in 4k and HDR to the TV though? Would it not be easier to put the 2 files on a USB stick and plug that into the USB port on your TV?

It would, but I meant that for the release of the game I'll put my computer downstairs to play it on HDR.
Hoje0308
Banned
(06-19-2017, 07:16 AM)

Originally Posted by Jaguar Victory

This is why I chuckle when posters claim 4k and HDR are just fads.

.
Heretic
Member
(06-19-2017, 07:30 AM)
Heretic's Avatar
Finally got around to seeing it. Got DAMN does it look amazing!!!

4k + HDR on my 60inch KS8000. Holy Moly.


I wish I could view it side by side with a non-HDR set to truly appreciate it.
Zack Zavage
Member
(06-19-2017, 07:34 AM)
Zack Zavage's Avatar

Originally Posted by VlaudTheImpaler

Are there any HDR 21:9 monitors yet?

Wish I could see this in it's full glory. :/

Gonna watch it in its full glory after work, on my newly acquired Samsung KS 8000.
Robobandit
Member
(06-19-2017, 07:36 AM)
Robobandit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rayge

It would, but I meant that for the release of the game I'll put my computer downstairs to play it on HDR.

I'm waiting for them to confirm that they're supporting HDR on the PC this time.. They didn't for Horizon 3, but they did on the Xbox One one version.. same for Gears 4..
Mascot
Member
(06-19-2017, 07:47 AM)
Mascot's Avatar
Any YouTube links?

Makes it a lot easier to cast to my KS.
KageMaru
Member
(06-19-2017, 07:56 AM)
KageMaru's Avatar
Man I really wish I had a HDR TV to see this. Love reading the impressions at least.

Originally Posted by Mascot

Any YouTube links?

Makes it a lot easier to cast to my KS.

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure YouTube doesn't support HDR yet.
bloodforge
Member
(06-19-2017, 08:00 AM)
bloodforge's Avatar
The video with the rain when the sun is starting to peek through the clouds at the end, just wow.
farisr
Member
(06-19-2017, 08:01 AM)
farisr's Avatar

Originally Posted by KageMaru

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure YouTube doesn't support HDR yet.

It does. Youtube on Samsung TVs, and Chromecast Ultra does HDR.
samred
Member
(06-19-2017, 08:13 AM)
samred's Avatar
I was at Microsoft's E3 event and played FM7 on HDR-rated screens. This video does not contain the right color data, at least when played back on my LG B6's built-in media player (even though it does flash an "HDR" label when starting the video). The green car in particular looks putrid, while brighter points of the sky are nowhere near the right white balance. You have been warned.
soundscream
ATTN MEN: visually inspect your condom before disposal
Also GAF's leading millennial
(06-19-2017, 08:18 AM)
soundscream's Avatar

Originally Posted by samred

I was at Microsoft's E3 event and played FM7 on HDR-rated screens. This video does not contain the right color data, at least when played back on my LG B6's built-in media player (even though it does flash an "HDR" label when starting the video). The green car in particular looks putrid, while brighter points of the sky are nowhere near the right white balance. You have been warned.

If only they told us the truth

Oh wait

These videos should be considered highly experimental, and should not be considered like an exact representation of the colors and lighting of the final game.

samred
Member
(06-19-2017, 08:23 AM)
samred's Avatar

Originally Posted by soundscream

If only they told us the truth

Oh wait

sure, but "experimental" and "totally wrong" are two different things.

Thread Tools