• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

KiNolin
Junior Member
(06-19-2017, 08:58 PM)
KiNolin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vena

It stems heavily from the XX decisions. Its pissed a lot of people off and that reverberates all over (+ original rumor poisoning the well).

As a Monster Hunter fan, I do not comprehend how you could still be looking forward to MHXX after seeing MH World. MHX1 already felt stale and in desperate need of evolution (if 4 didn't already), so why would I still want its expansion pack? We should be grateful that PS2-tier MH is burried and we're finally able to move on.
AmethystEnd
Member
(06-19-2017, 08:58 PM)
AmethystEnd's Avatar

Originally Posted by Morrigan Stark

I've refused to play the handheld exclusives. Hand pain = not for me.

But for consoles/PC, hell yeah.

My enjoyment of the handheld games has always been significantly less than the console games. And I've bought and played (and imported when needed) every single handheld title except 3U.

But as we've seen from the discussions since MHW's announcement, some people are just seemingly in the "handheld or fuck you" crowd.
Thoraxes
Member
(06-19-2017, 08:58 PM)
Thoraxes's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrROBschiz

lol its so abundantly clear who the people against this game are

Multiplatform is better for every consumer clearly

The haters bias sticks out like a sore thumb. This is the most inclusive game in the series ever.

Worldwide at the same time, multiplatform, online, cross region.

Like there is really only one reason you would be upset as an MH fan at this point.

Split playerbases forcing people to get one version over the other which fragments the community, forced subscription fee to even be able to play multiplayer because of the platforms, delayed PC port (probably because of piracy reasons), no local co-op which forces you into the aforementioned situation. Single-player MH is not something I find enjoyable very much, and if I did buy it, that's the only way i'd be able to play it, ultimately resulting in a waste of money, and I played 95% of my playtime with MH in local co-op only.

These are the main reasons why I will not be purchasing the game with my money.

Originally Posted by KiNolin

As a Monster Hunter fan, I do not comprehend how you could still be looking forward to MHXX after seeing MH World. MHX1 already felt stale and in desperate need of evolution (if 4 didn't already), so why would I still want its expansion pack? We should be grateful that PS2-tier MH is burried and we're finally able to move on.

Because it's a known quantity, and it still looks good, and I can play it with my co-worker when we take out lunch together. Just because World changes stuff up doesn't mean I am going to stop loving classic MH. I'm in no urgent need for some kind of reformation of the series for the sake of it when it does what it does extremely well.

Additionally, if there was even an expanded version of World, they've now set the precedent of not releasing it in the west. Why would I support this game when they can't guarantee they'd do a release of the version with expanded content if it happens?
Last edited by Thoraxes; 06-19-2017 at 09:04 PM.
NipplesAndToes23
Corona Drug Bust
(06-19-2017, 08:58 PM)
NipplesAndToes23's Avatar
Do people really think like that with games with higher numbers?
lyrick
Member
(06-19-2017, 08:59 PM)
lyrick's Avatar

Originally Posted by KiNolin

As a Monster Hunter fan, I do not comprehend how you could still be looking forward to MHXX after seeing MH World. MHX1 already felt stale and in desperate need of evolution (if 4 didn't already), why would I want its expansion pack? We should be grateful that PS2-tier MH is burried and we're finally able to move on.

As a Monster Hunter fan I can't believe that anybody trusts Capcom to not fuck up anything lately, including this franchise.

Originally Posted by NipplesAndToes23

Do people really think like that with games with higher numbers?

Of Course... Remember how nobody wanted to play Mario 64 because they didn't want to bother with the other 63 entries.
Oregano
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:00 PM)
Oregano's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrROBschiz

I knew someone would recognize me!!!

Yeah well it was a tough time. I like this new multiplarform shift and as a switch owner I really hope it doesnt get left out

Farewell 3DS and good riddance. I will stand hard with all switch owners campaigning for localization

Any true fan wants all games to come here

#whynotboth

That's what it comes to for me personally. World looks great(although I am apprehensive about some changes) and I was going to buy the XBO version to play on my brother's system, and support the franchise, but I'm not really willing to go out of my way to do that if Capcom isn't going to release XX/potential future Switch MHs in the west.

It's a shame and I have no ill will towards MH World as a product but I'm not supporting Capcom at this juncture.
Hugstable
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:00 PM)
Hugstable's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

Is it early 2018?

I hope so, been having a craving for monster hunter again lol
Vena
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:00 PM)
Vena's Avatar

Originally Posted by KiNolin

As a Monster Hunter fan, I do not comprehend how you could still be looking forward to MHXX after seeing MH World. MHX1 already felt stale and in desperate need of evolution (if 4 didn't already), why would I want its expansion pack? We should be grateful that PS2-tier MH is burried and we're finally able to move on.

The games likely will play vastly differently because X/XX have a very different battle system due to Styles. Your assertion makes little sense if the basis is anything but "ooh pixels".
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(06-19-2017, 09:00 PM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by lyrick

As a Monster Hunter fan I can't believe that anybody trusts Capcom to not fuck up anything lately, including this franchise.

They might as well shelve the franchise than why release it anywhere with that logic
Geno Breaker
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:01 PM)
Geno Breaker's Avatar

Originally Posted by Calm Mind

The level of uncertainty around this game is far more intriguing than the gameplay I've seen so far.

Yeah this is Bayonetta 2 tier salt. Maybe even more than that tbh.
Oregano
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:01 PM)
Oregano's Avatar

Originally Posted by KiNolin

As a Monster Hunter fan, I do not comprehend how you could still be looking forward to MHXX after seeing MH World. MHX1 already felt stale and in desperate need of evolution (if 4 didn't already), so why would I still want its expansion pack? We should be grateful that PS2-tier MH is burried and we're finally able to move on.

That's absurd. Why wouldn't a fan of the franchise want to play all of the games?
antispin
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:02 PM)
antispin's Avatar
I hope this does well. Looks good. All the best to the team!
MatrixMan.EXE
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:02 PM)
MatrixMan.EXE's Avatar

Originally Posted by Thoraxes

Split playerbases forcing people to get one version over the other which fragments the community.

I can't stand this argument. Makes me roll my eyes whenever I see it. "Splitting the playerbase" has never been a problem for Call of Duty, Battlefield, Overwatch, Destiny or the multitude of other popular MP games. Why is it suddenly a problem with Monster Hunter?

People who want to play it with friends will be sure to buy it on the platform their friends buy it on. Community fragmentation through multiplatform development is a myth. This is a non-issue.
Nightii
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:03 PM)
Nightii's Avatar

Originally Posted by Oregano

That's absurd. Why wouldn't a fan of the franchise want to play all of the games?

Because Real MH fans like what World is changing objectively and can see with enlightened eyes that XX is inferior design.
DrROBschiz
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:03 PM)
DrROBschiz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Thoraxes

Split playerbases forcing people to get one version over the other which fragments the community, forced subscription fee to even be able to play multiplayer because of the platforms, delayed PC port (probably because of piracy reasons), no local co-op which forces you into the aforementioned situation. Single-player MH is not something I find enjoyable very much, and if I did buy it, that's the only way i'd be able to play it, ultimately resulting in a waste of money.

These are the main reasons why I will not be purchasing the game with my money.

This argument is such garbage but has been thrown around for years

It doesnt hold water at all. We have mountains upon mountains of multiplayer games and communities in gaming and to suggest that somehow MH is special in this regard is ridiculous

This was only ever used to get people to stop asking them why they only supported 3DS. its a bullshit excuse and always has been

Had it held any water MHW would also be an exclusive
Ridley327
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:04 PM)
Ridley327's Avatar

Originally Posted by KiNolin

As a Monster Hunter fan, I do not comprehend how you could still be looking forward to MHXX after seeing MH World. MHX1 already felt stale and in desperate need of evolution (if 4 didn't already), so why would I still want its expansion pack? We should be grateful that PS2-tier MH is burried and we're finally able to move on.

Because it's still a rock solid title from a gameplay standpoint, allegedly fixes some of the pacing issues that the game flow had in the vanilla version, and adds in all the usual G-rank niceties. And the Switch version would be especially desirable with it being able to be a "best of both worlds" system that lets you play comfortably at home and wherever else you wanted on the road.

Like, come on, you'd have to repeatedly punch yourself in the head to not see how appealing something like that is, especially with how much content it would have right out of the box, which is something that hangs as a big question mark for World as of right now.
Sho_Nuff82
(06-19-2017, 09:04 PM)
Sho_Nuff82's Avatar

Originally Posted by lyrick

Why not?

It wouldn't make fiscal sense to not want to charge the Japan players this time around, that's just leaving money on the table. It also wouldn't make sense to put WW & Japan on the same servers and charge one locale and not the other. By naming it "World" they definitely have the opportunity to do so.

Also Sega charged for PSOep1&2 and Universe WW so it's not like it's never happened before.

Capcom may be dumb as rocks, but they aren't Sega dumb. PSO isn't MonHun, they're trying to EXPAND the series' popularity in the West.

They would have mentioned if the game had a fee like Frontier.

Originally Posted by DrROBschiz

That was the line we were fed when it was 3DS exclusive

Now everyone seems to have something in common with Vita/PS4/xbox owners from 6 years ago

Except the series is truly multi-plat now. The series is arriving (properly) on Japan's preferred format later this fall, and on the West's preferred format in the spring.
Last edited by Sho_Nuff82; 06-19-2017 at 09:08 PM.
lyrick
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:05 PM)
lyrick's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrROBschiz

This argument is such garbage but has been thrown around for years

It doesnt hold water at all. We have mountains upon mountains of multiplayer games and communities in gaming and to suggest that somehow MH is special in this regard is ridiculous

This was only ever used to get people to stop asking them why they only supported 3DS. its a bullshit excuse and always has been

Had it held any water MHW would also be an exclusive

Is it not in the country where the franchise has historically sold the most?
Oregano
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:05 PM)
Oregano's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrROBschiz

This argument is such garbage but has been thrown around for years

It doesnt hold water at all. We have mountains upon mountains of multiplayer games and communities in gaming and to suggest that somehow MH is special in this regard is ridiculous

This was only ever used to get people to stop asking them why they only supported 3DS. its a bullshit excuse and always has been

Had it held any water MHW would also be an exclusive

Nah, it always made a modicum of sense when talking about ad hoc local multiplayer. Especially in Japan.
GhostTrick
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:06 PM)
GhostTrick's Avatar

Originally Posted by MatrixMan.EXE

I can't stand this argument. Makes me roll my eyes whenever I see it. "Splitting the playerbase" has never been a problem for Call of Duty, Battlefield, Overwatch, Destiny or the multitude of other popular MP games. Why is it suddenly a problem with Monster Hunter?

People who want to play it with friends will be sure to buy it on the platform their friends buy it on. Community fragmentation through multiplatform development is a myth. This is a non-issue.



Well, I guess it is true for Japan in the sense that the serie was popular with local multiplayer.
As for online, it's not like crossplay is a thing. Too bad it's not happening, at least PC/PS4 + PC/XB1.
Xion_Stellar
People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
(06-19-2017, 09:06 PM)
Xion_Stellar's Avatar

Originally Posted by ChronotriggerJM

Real monster hunter fans will play it regardless the system it's on.

That's how it goes right?

That's at least partially correct for me.

-I will play Monster Hunter on a Sony Console
-I will play Monster Hunter on a Nintendo Console
-I will play Monster Hunter on a PC

But I draw the line at Microsoft consoles because far too many factors push me away from that plataform but thankfully the non existent sales of Microsoft Consoles in Japan makes sure that Monster Hunter will never be exclusive to Microsoft Consoles (Heck Monster Hunter World is exclusive to the PS4 in Japan).
DrROBschiz
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:07 PM)
DrROBschiz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ridley327

Because it's still a rock solid title from a gameplay standpoint, allegedly fixes some of the pacing issues that the game flow had in the vanilla version, and adds in all the usual G-rank niceties. And the Switch version would be especially desirable with it being able to be a "best of both worlds" system that lets you play comfortably at home and wherever else you wanted on the road.

Like, come on, you'd have to repeatedly punch yourself in the head to not see how appealing something like that is, especially with how much content it would have right out of the box, which is something that hangs as a big question mark for World as of right now.

The devs said this is the largest game they have ever built content wise

Noe maybe they are amping this up a bit but they also built MH4 so who knows just How big it actually is

4 years of dev time is a long time man. This might actually be a huge ass game
Kandinsky
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:07 PM)
Kandinsky's Avatar

Originally Posted by ChronotriggerJM

Real monster hunter fans will play it regardless the system it's on.

That's how it goes right?

It depends really, I play these games locally with my kids, so yeah :/
boiled goose
good with gravy
(06-19-2017, 09:08 PM)
boiled goose's Avatar
I think there should be bets about whether mh5 actually gets made or not.
Thoraxes
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:08 PM)
Thoraxes's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrROBschiz

This argument is such garbage but has been thrown around for years

It doesnt hold water at all. We have mountains upon mountains of multiplayer games and communities in gaming and to suggest that somehow MH is special in this regard is ridiculous

This was only ever used to get people to stop asking them why they only supported 3DS. its a bullshit excuse and always has been

Had it held any water MHW would also be an exclusive

Guess what country only has one platform for World?

And honestly, you underestimate the culture surrounding the game in the country where it sells 4/5ths of its sales. You can just look up performance numbers to know there's evidence to back this up.
Last edited by Thoraxes; 06-19-2017 at 09:10 PM.
WordAssassin
(06-19-2017, 09:08 PM)
WordAssassin's Avatar

Originally Posted by BY2K

That's actually not that dumb.

It's true with movies too which IIRC is why Marvel stopped numbering their sequels outside of Iron Man.

But yeah, there was a Persona thread recently where I asked this very thing myself, if it's possible to just jump in at 5 or if I need to play the other 4 games first.
darkside31337
Tomodachi wa Mahou
(06-19-2017, 09:09 PM)
darkside31337's Avatar

Originally Posted by boiled goose

I think there should be bets about whether mh5 actually gets made or not.

It seems pretty simple? If this game does well they'll just go with MHW G/2 whatever... if this game flops they'll go back to MH5.
DrROBschiz
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:09 PM)
DrROBschiz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Thoraxes

Guess what country only has one platform for World?

Uhhh pretty sure any PC around the world could install this game with minimal effort
MatrixMan.EXE
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:09 PM)
MatrixMan.EXE's Avatar

Originally Posted by GhostTrick

Well, I guess it is true for Japan in the sense that the serie was popular with local multiplayer.
As for online, it's not like crossplay is a thing. Too bad it's not happening, at least PC/PS4 + PC/XB1.

Even for Japan I don't think it makes sense in my opinion. If local multiplayer is really THE selling point of the franchise in Japan, then surely people would just buy the game on the platform their friends play on.

If people own multiple systems and want to play Call of Duty with their friends, they buy the game on the system their friends own. It's why Xbox flourished as the go-to MP console last gen, and PS4 to an extent this generation. The same train of thought would no doubt apply to local multiplayer as well.

I'm just not convinced this is as big an issue as people make it out to be.

Originally Posted by Thoraxes

Guess what country only has one platform for World?

And honestly, you underestimate the culture surrounding the game in the country where it sells 4/5ths of its sales.

Japan, where you claim the supposed need for a unified community is imperative. The only reason the game is exclusive there is pretty obvious though.
boiled goose
good with gravy
(06-19-2017, 09:10 PM)
boiled goose's Avatar

Originally Posted by Thoraxes

Guess what country only has one platform for World?

And honestly, you underestimate the culture surrounding the game in the country where it sells 4/5ths of its sales.

Originally Posted by darkside31337

It seems pretty simple? If this game does well they'll just go with MHW G/2 whatever... if this game flops they'll go back to MH5.

Regardless of reasons, the bets can be made.
rpmurphy
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:10 PM)
rpmurphy's Avatar
Nice interview. I'm not entirely sold on using the environment to aid in the hunts from what they've shown so far, and the monster tracking is low on the list for what is appealing to me about the game. Definitely waiting on more details, and hopefully there'll be a demo!
Xion_Stellar
People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
(06-19-2017, 09:11 PM)
Xion_Stellar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kandinsky

It depends really, I play these games locally with my kids, so yeah :/

Does that mean you skipped all the Monster​ Hunter games on Consoles? I'm referring to MH1,MH2, MHTri and MH3U (Wii U ver). Because all of those didn't have local multiplayer outside Arena Quests on Tri.
GhostTrick
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:11 PM)
GhostTrick's Avatar

Originally Posted by MatrixMan.EXE

Even for Japan I don't think it makes sense in my opinion. If local multiplayer is really THE selling point of the franchise in Japan, then surely people would just buy the game on the platform their friends play on.

If people own multiple systems and want to play Call of Duty with their friends, they buy the game on the system their friends own. It's why Xbox flourished as the go-to MP console last gen, and PS4 to an extent this generation. The same train of thought would no doubt apply to local multiplayer as well.

I'm just not convinced this is as big an issue as people make it out to be.



It is for platforms with local multiplayer, aka handhelds. But MH World doesn't have local multiplayer. No local, no issue. :")
Ridley327
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:11 PM)
Ridley327's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrROBschiz

The devs said this is the largest game they have ever built content wise

Noe maybe they are amping this up a bit but they also built MH4 so who knows just How big it actually is

4 years of dev time is a long time man. This might actually be a huge ass game

I feel like that they would have mentioned something specific about the headcount if they were really hyping up the content it has. Right now, it seems like they put in a lot of work on the areas, which do look massively larger than anything the previous games have seen, so that is something that can make their statement true without having to mean anything else.

Do you honestly see 90+ monsters at the fidelity of what they've shown so far at launch?
tuffy
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:12 PM)
tuffy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xion_Stellar

Does that mean you skipped all the Monster​ Hunter games on Consoles? I'm referring to MH1,MH2, MHTri and MH3U (Wii U ver). Because all of those didn't have local multiplayer outside Arena Quests on Tri.

3U supported local multiplayer with 3DS players, actually. Though the Wii U player would have to be the host.
KiNolin
Junior Member
(06-19-2017, 09:13 PM)
KiNolin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vena

The games likely will play vastly differently because X/XX have a very different battle system due to Styles. Your assertion makes little sense if the basis is anything but "ooh pixels".

Well then, you can keep bemoaning that you'll miss out on the umpteenth time of being bombarded with load screens, because some small monster kicks you near the entrance of a laughable small map? Or dealing with convoluted menus and endless harvesting animations.

I look forward to the series finally improving itself though. Things like the grappling hook seem to perfectly compensate for the styles, while most things from the battle system seem to be intact.

Originally Posted by Oregano

That's absurd. Why wouldn't a fan of the franchise want to play all of the games?

Because they've reached a point of painful stagnation. We aren't even talking about new mainline game, but merely a G version.
Last edited by KiNolin; 06-19-2017 at 09:15 PM.
Sho_Nuff82
(06-19-2017, 09:13 PM)
Sho_Nuff82's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ridley327

I feel like that they would have mentioned something specific about the headcount if they were really hyping up the content it has. Right now, it seems like they put in a lot of work on the areas, which do look massively larger than anything the previous games have seen, so that is something that can make their statement true without having to mean anything else.

Do you honestly see 90+ monsters at the fidelity of what they've shown so far at launch?

For a modern AAA game, yes?
DrROBschiz
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:13 PM)
DrROBschiz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ridley327

I feel like that they would have mentioned something specific about the headcount if they were really hyping up the content it has. Right now, it seems like they put in a lot of work on the areas, which do look massively larger than anything the previous games have seen, so that is something that can make their statement true without having to mean anything else.

well i can only go by the evidence shown so far but geez are we gonna try and pick up any negative angle we can find in this thread

Guys the entire community is with you on the XX switch debacle

Its gonna be ok
Oregano
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:15 PM)
Oregano's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrROBschiz

well i can only go by the evidence shown so far but geez are we gonna try and pick up any negative angle we can find in this thread

Guys the entire community is with you on the XX switch debacle

Its gonna be ok

He wasn't attacking MH World...
Ridley327
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:15 PM)
Ridley327's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrROBschiz

well i can only go by the evidence shown so far but geez are we gonna try and pick up any negative angle we can find in this thread

Guys the entire community is with you on the XX switch debacle

Its gonna be ok

It's less a negative angle and more setting realistic expectations. I actually want the game to have as much content as humanly possible, but I trust Capcom's DLC plans as far as I can throw the building the company is physically housed in.
DrROBschiz
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:17 PM)
DrROBschiz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ridley327

It's less a negative angle and more setting realistic expectations. I actually want the game to have as much content as humanly possible, but I trust Capcom's DLC plans as far as I can throw the building the company is physically housed in.

4 years in

MT Framwork (familiar engine)

Same team that built MH4

ANd the investment into pushing this game seems very significant. As of right now the evidence looks positive

But yeah keeping expectations low makes sense
Kandinsky
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:20 PM)
Kandinsky's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xion_Stellar

Does that mean you skipped all the Monster​ Hunter games on Consoles? I'm referring to MH1,MH2, MHTri and MH3U (Wii U ver). Because all of those didn't have local multiplayer outside Arena Quests on Tri.

Yes, I did, I actually started late with Freedom 2. The thing is we will probably still get world, but not being able to play it with each other is going to suck, it's a family event with each MH launch :/
Thoraxes
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:22 PM)
Thoraxes's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrROBschiz

Uhhh pretty sure any PC around the world could install this game with minimal effort

Will the Japanese text even be included with the PC release? Why would a Japanese player buy a version that's only planned to be released in English right now?

Originally Posted by MatrixMan.EXE

Japan, where you claim the supposed need for a unified community is imperative. The only reason the game is exclusive there is pretty obvious though.

Definitely. I wonder if this game will help turn around the PS4 in Japan though, especially since the install base is barely larger than what 4 sold in its entirety.

(and as for me, I typically don't buy multiplayer games where platforms are split, or where paid DLC splits playerbases because it results in a lesser community for everyone once you have that divide)
Last edited by Thoraxes; 06-19-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Guymelef
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:22 PM)
Guymelef's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pie and Beans

Rumourmonger dripping with poison: The Devil, Sony, has signed some sort of disgusting business money deal for a Monster Hunter exclusive!! *howling*

Me: I see.

For some strange reason some people keep forgetting that Monster Hunter 3 was first announced for PS3...
Xion_Stellar
People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
(06-19-2017, 09:23 PM)
Xion_Stellar's Avatar

Originally Posted by tuffy

3U supported local multiplayer with 3DS players, actually. Though the Wii U player would have to be the host.

I actually completely forgot about that feature because the reason me and my Hunting buddies literally went out to buy a Wii U was to play MH3U online together with each other.

I don't know about anyone else but for me Monster Hunter is the one game I will buy new Sony/Nintendo Hardware for. I bought a 3DS XL because the text on MH3U was too small and I bought a n3DS XL just so I can play MH4U with better performance and I was going to buy a Switch just to play Monster Hunter XX but since it's not getting locolized and Pokemon is MIA on the Switch I'm definitely not planning to buy a Switch any time soon anymore.


Originally Posted by Kandinsky

Yes, I did, I actually started late with Freedom 2. The thing is we will probably still get world, but not being able to play it with each other is going to suck, it's a family event with each MH launch :/

The only solution for this conundrum is to simply buy more PS4s for the family to play the game online together but it's an expensive solution.
Chauzu
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:24 PM)
Chauzu's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrROBschiz

4 years in

MT Framwork (familiar engine)

Same team that built MH4

ANd the investment into pushing this game seems very significant. As of right now the evidence looks positive

But yeah keeping expectations low makes sense

You are surprised people have low expectations before they get more info?
Ridley327
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:27 PM)
Ridley327's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrROBschiz

4 years in

MT Framwork (familiar engine)

Same team that built MH4

ANd the investment into pushing this game seems very significant. As of right now the evidence looks positive

But yeah keeping expectations low makes sense

In my experience, it's better to be pleasantly surprised than to be avoidably horrified. Especially when it concerns Capcom!

FWIW, I think this will absolutely have a bigger roster than Tri and will probably come in right around where vanilla MH2 was at with its large monster count. That would be a really respectable base to start with. Yeah, I'm sure that means existing subspecies, but who would want the Raths in the game if we couldn't get their color coordinated counterparts for more challenge?
Dre_G_Writer
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:27 PM)
Dre_G_Writer's Avatar
THat footage looked amazing. Ive never played a monster hunter game befor. But when I see that I think of dragons dogma, which is a game I am currently playing. If the next dragons dogma is anything like this it will be so awesome.
Calm Mind
Banned
(06-19-2017, 09:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

Please don't bold your posts.

Don't hate! I'm better at this than you.
Xion_Stellar
People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
(06-19-2017, 09:30 PM)
Xion_Stellar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dre_G_Writer

THat footage looked amazing. Ive never played a monster hunter game befor. But when I see that I think of dragons dogma, which is a game I am currently playing. If the next dragons dogma is anything like this it will be so awesome.

Alot of us Hunters like to believe that the Monster mounting we had since Monster Hunter 4 was actually an idea brought over from Dragons Dogma and it sounds like Mounting in Monster Hunter World is going to work exactly the way it did in Dragons Dogma with being able to mount a monster and stab what ever body part your desire.

Thread Tools