• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MGS4 NYC Midnight Launch thread of HIDEO KOJIMA

DancingCactus77 said:
Yes, and we can go to Uniqlo the next day to pick up the shirts. Do you have to take work off?

No. I have to drop a course :lol It's giving me a hard time and i needed a reason to drop it. I think i found a reason :D

That said, Alright fellow Canadian Gaffers! June 11th it is?

Gaffers:

Wanna see if we can organize something? I'm seriously considering coming home to NYC for this and then leaving the same day. Would be too... too epic. I know the area like the back of my hand and I have experience in ridiculous lines. What kinda experience you ask?

ninworld01.jpg

This kind.

Davidion

wenis said:
hmmmm if there is an interested gaffer who wouldnt mind accepting some paypal money id totally pay someone to get me a signed copy...hopefully though it wont come to that and ill be in new york by then. god the dmv sucks at getting my replacement ID to me on time.

I work four blocks away. :lol But I doubt I'll be interested in waiting til midnight. Shame this wasn't an early evening thing.

I'll update if I change my mind.

YES!!!

Leaving at 8:45am from Toronto on the June 11th.
Returning at 8:45pm from New York on June 12th.

This will give us one full day after the midnight launch to go around the city.

Agreed?

shagg_187 said:
No. I have to drop a course :lol It's giving me a hard time and i needed a reason to drop it. I think i found a reason :D

That said, Alright fellow Canadian Gaffers! June 11th it is?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
shagg_187 said:
No No. I am already @ checkout with June 9th tickets till June 12th. I still don't know whether i should extend June 9th to June 10th or June 11th for it depends on how many people show up.
looks like your right but i cant believe it.

$1 fares to new york!?

KGKK

Banned
Fuck I wish I could join the fellow Canadian Gaffers but one, I just started my new job this week so I cannot take any time off yet, two I have 2 classes on Wednesday, one which I could prob miss and one I can't and three, I only have an expired passport:(

I booked it! Canadians unite!

DancingCactus77 said:
YES!!!

Agreed?

Maggot9

Banned
DancingCactus77 said:
YES!!!

Agreed?
my god..i wanna come. what days are the 11th and 12th?
*checks*

DancingCactus77 said:
YES!!!

Agreed?
When do you arrive at NYC? Might not be enough time....

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
shagg_187 said:
YOU'RE COMING OR NOT?!? :p
i'm coming but i guess ill cya guys there. coincidently me and some friends were going to nyc around then. its like some kind of crazy awesome coincidence.

Davidion

Bleak Harvest said:
When do you arrive at NYC? Might not be enough time....

The ride can't take more than 10 hours max. That'll put him there at the store at around 7PM at the latest.

There's no way in hell the line's going to be so long that he'd have to start waiting 5 hours in advance to get in.

Davidion said:
The ride can't take more than 10 hours max. That'll put him there at the store at around 7PM at the latest.

There's no way in hell the line's going to be so long that he'd have to start waiting 5 hours in advance to get in.
.... for Miyamoto, anyone who wasn't there for, like 8 hours+ had a wasted trip, I think. I was there for a long, long, long time, and there were still a horde of people in front of me.

Davidion

Bleak Harvest said:
.... for Miyamoto, anyone who wasn't there for, like 8 hours+ had a wasted trip, I think. I was there for a long, long, long time, and there were still a horde of people in front of me.

I'm going to bet Kojima's going to attract a smaller crowd than Miyamoto.

This is all assuming the worst case scenario anyhow. I doubt he's going to have a problem.

Whatever happens, a pilgrim to see Kojima is priceless.

Bleak Harvest said:

YYZ

honestly, I would line up in the morning just to be sure, like around 10am or something. You guys have got your PSP and DS anyway :D . I don't think I can go though, I need pretty much Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off and I just started my new job so I don't think I can pull it off. I would have to get VERY lucky with scheduling (normally we only get two days off in a row).

I might be able to go if someone can drive, but the scheduling has to work out for me. I would pay for gas too, but I'm not getting my hopes up anyway.

Anyway, can anyone here get me a signed copy? I'll pay you decent money on top of the game of course.

I suppose it'd be a better idea to call Virgin first and find out the fine details, like, when people can start lining up, if the copy has to remain in it's shrink wrap, how many copies per person, that kinda thing.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Davidion said:
I'm going to bet Kojima's going to attract a smaller crowd than Miyamoto.

This is all assuming the worst case scenario anyhow. I doubt he's going to have a problem.
miyamotos fans may be more numerous but kojimas are more rabid.

i just wanna see his face and maybe play mgs4 at a kiosk

DancingCactus77 said:
6:10pm. The $1 fare doesn't work though :(

I booked through with $30 return trip. Still a bargain.

It works. Don't change any info and it works.
That said, 6:10pm = 6 hours +- getting there time and traffic :p

I'm thinking of going earlier. Will save some space for you. Just call my name/nickname :D
Will play MG:pO while i wait :p

You booked or what? :D

I'll call out on you when I get there. So just Shagg or Shagg follow loudly with 187.

shagg_187 said:
It works. Don't change any info and it works.
That said, 6:10pm = 6 hours +- getting there time and traffic :p

I'm thinking of going earlier. Will save some space for you. Just call my name/nickname :D
Will play MG:pO while i wait :p

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Bleak Harvest said:
Dunno if that'd work, to be honest....
*standing in front of a large group of people*

"SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG..... SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG"

"SHAAAAAG. SHAG.... SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG"

DancingCactus77 said:
You booked or what? :D

I'll call out on you when I get there. So just Shagg or Shagg follow loudly with 187.

hahahahaha! I haven't booked cause i wanna see if a friend of mine wanna come along too (he is a fan too. he will contact me in exactly 10 minutes) but im there at checkout with CC in front of me i don't wanna take any chances. I'll be there 12 hours earlier. Will catch you there! If line is short, then Hallelujah! If it's big then ill save spot. If saving spot doesn't work then :(

Trust me, when you press purchase they will refuse the $1 fare. I did the same thing and greyhound rejected me. Try the next option at $30 return fare and it worked.

shagg_187 said:
hahahahaha! I haven't booked cause i wanna see if a friend of mine wanna come along too (he is a fan too) but im there at checkout with CC in front of me i don't wanna take any chances. I'll be take 12 hours earlier. Will catch you there! If line is short, then Hallelujah! If it's big then ill save spot. If saving spot doesn't work then :(

-COOLIO- said:
*standing in front of a large group of people*

"SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG..... SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG"

"SHAAAAAG. SHAG.... SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG"
Haha, as the English tourists walk by looking to see who's offering :lol

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
man I live in LA and do not want to fly to NYC :(

can I pay someone to get mine signed? have a friend come with you or something!

Im willing to pay $100!

g35twinturbo said:
man I live in LA and do not want to fly to NYC :(

can I pay someone to get mine signed? have a friend come with you or something!

Im willing to pay $100!
You might get Ryan, though... I thought there was a signing in LA...

Night guys. I hope to see more responses here when I check in tomorrow. For people in Toronto. I am taking the bus at 8:45am on the 11th leaving at Royal York.

Top Bottom