• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Launches Early 2018 (PS4)

J3nga

If it’s really may 23rd, saying early 2018 is both stupid and confusing. I would consider january/february, anything beyond that is not worth stating early.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
b4e4b5b21fad3f1bee456a7ebe11e1cb.jpg

this part in the e3 trailer gets me so hyped

i believe that the game will actually come out in Q2, Sony tends to release their big exclusives in the first half of the year, Q1 is unlikely

i just hope they don't make it The God of war of us, i just want my bloody executions and amazing large boss battles

we already have a shitty TLOU clone coming next year

Where did you get to play it?

Experien

Sure, probably it's because it's an exclusive game from lesser power console.

Honestly, making the background more clear isn't a game changer.

This game is something I am very excited for, need to pick up that new GoW shirt.

edit: also, GoW games always come out in March, so that is when I am betting on.

I was definitely into giving this new "style" of God of War a chance until everything pointed towards the constantly-babbling brat being omnipresent.

I was hoping he'd be around in cutscenes maybe and then conveniently get kidnapped or disappear in some other fashion. 30 seconds into the PGW 2017 gameplay trailer and I already wish Kratos would disembowel him.

I was definitely into giving this new "style" of God of War a chance until everything pointed towards the constantly-babbling brat being omnipresent.

I was hoping he'd be around in cutscenes maybe and then conveniently get kidnapped or disappear in some other fashion. 30 seconds into the PGW 2017 gameplay trailer and I already wish Kratos would disembowel him.

It's been known since the game was revealed a year and a half ago that he'd be with Kratos the whole game.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I have confidence this game will be very good, but will this new formula be better then GOW 1 -3.
One thing for sure is that the old style GOW's would stick out more in sonys first party line up. The over the shoulder 3rd person action game is beginning to get overcrowded for sony 1st party line up.still hyped though.

Cory revealed how Kratos will be opening crates this time

https://twitter.com/corybarlog/status/931373094471532544?s=09

:)
Old man kratos can't deadlift them open anymore, he needs to protect his lower back.

I have confidence this game will be very good, but will this new formula be better then GOW 1 -3.
One thing for sure is that the old style GOW's would stick out more in sonys first party line up. The over the shoulder 3rd person action game is beginning to get overcrowded for sony 1st party line up.still hyped though.

Old man kratos can't deadlift them open anymore, he needs to protect his lower back.

God of War is a different kind of beast though. I can't wait to see all the incredible stuff they do with the camera. I'm not a fan of the violence and gore apparently being scaled back though. God of War is supposed to be brutal!

AtlAntA

No, not disagreeing. It's just heartbreaking the thread title says early 2018 and now we have an updated date of June 30, 2018.

Crossing fingers it's just a mid-year place holder. Does amazon even do that?

Isn't June 30 the end of a fiscal quarter? They do that afaik.

HAdoubleRY

Neo Member
No, not disagreeing. It's just heartbreaking the thread title says early 2018 and now we have an updated date of June 30, 2018.

Crossing fingers it's just a mid-year place holder. Does amazon even do that?

I'm fairly certain they do. They definitely do end of year placeholders.

Wonder what the physical limited edition will be? I always get the GoW limited editions, I'm a sucker for those lol.

*hugs GoW3 Pandora's Box*

cormack12

Gold Member
25 to 35 hours to compete this game confirmed by Cory

is that good?

Hard to say until we play. My experience is that when they lengthen these games, there's lots of 'downtime'. I don't think Uncharted 4 benefited from being longer, and even TLoU dragged in parts. God of War III was an ideal length for its aims and playstyle. All I'm thinking is that there is going to be lots of 'forced walking' and exposition relative to previous entries. But I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

Dunki

I somehow have a feeling that this has been quite under the "game hype" radar the other GOW games were on. What I miss is actual a gameplay trailer maybe with a cool new setting and boss fight.

So far my reaction is. Yeah looks cool will check it out and not OMG can not wait for this game.

I am currently replaying all the other ones. What a great fucking franchise. The first one even has a pretty tragic story, it's not narrated with a lot of talent but it's really compelling and Kratos' story is such an interesting one.

I'm a bit hyped but also concerned about this sequel. I know that after Ascension they HAD to completely change the gameplay and tone of the franchise, but this father/son thing seems very superficial from what we have seen so far. I did not enjoy TLOU and this seems very inspired by it.

But Santa Monica is an OUTSTANDING studio, and although I did not enjoy the marketing so far, I really think they will manage to suprise us the same way we were all surprised by the créativity of God of War 3 despite the fact that it absolutely could have been a huge disappointment.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
25 to 35 hours to compete this game confirmed by Cory

is that good?

Yes very good, UC4 took about 20hrs to complete.

I am currently replaying all the other ones. What a great fucking franchise. The first one even has a pretty tragic story, it's not narrated with a lot of talent but it's really compelling and Kratos' story is such an interesting one.

I'm a bit hyped but also concerned about this sequel. I know that after Ascension they HAD to completely change the gameplay and tone of the franchise, but this father/son thing seems very superficial from what we have seen so far. I did not enjoy TLOU and this seems very inspired by it.

But Santa Monica is an OUTSTANDING studio, and although I did not enjoy the marketing so far, I really think they will manage to suprise us the same way we were all surprised by the créativity of God of War 3 despite the fact that it absolutely could have been a huge disappointment.

Yes santa monica are one of the best devs, the new god of war is going to be amazing.
Im really look forward to the lore, environments and how it will all combine to make a fantastic experience.
I hope there some horror themes, cause the god of war world is kinda scary

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
What excited me the most about this series was when the hydra battle demo came out. The combat was something I'd never seen done outside of DMC.

I would love a demo of the new God of War outside these YouTube videos. Their reputation is with how good the combat has always been. I could imagine a demo letting everyone try it out. Unless of course it's too much like a tour bus?

Top Bottom