• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I feel this image in a teaser implies Sony is getting Crash back

Zakalwe

Banned
I honestly don't really want this. I never liked Crash (as a character) and was never hugely into his games.

Thanks for sharing.

Did you ever actually play the Crash games?
Do you like 3D platformers?

Naughty Dog raised the bar. If you like the 3D platform genre, then the early Crash games are pretty much essential.

Twix

Activision still owns Crash IP but I can't see why a new game for the PS4 is out of reach.

I expect some sort of old school Universal/Sony publishing deal in the making. Sony develops the new game and co-publish it with Activison.

Nevadatan

what happened with the crash website? did they finally shelved it?

(I already know they dont give a f**** for any games from the radical age like Scarface and its win7/8 issues..but crash website were always there)

Activision still owns Crash IP but I can't see why a new game for the PS4 is out of reach.

I expect some sort of old school Universal/Sony publishing deal in the making. Sony develops the new game and co-publish it with Activison.

There's next to no chance Sony would actually do that though. They learnt their lesson from the Universal deal falling through and have made sure they own every IP that they fund ever since (with rare exceptions like Heavy Rain). To make the deal you're suggesting would be a complete 180 on their part.

We don't own Crash guys, Activision does.Sorry!

Figured as much, thanks for the heads up, Adam. I'll trust that you're not pulling a Jaffe and lying to us.

Readingaid

Neo Member
If this does happen I imagine a completely different game. Remember how you had to circle the islands for the levels. Imagine an open world island almost an RPG style top down view where you explore different areas which would contain the platforming level sections.

I imagine it would be a re-boot of sorts.

Replicant

Personally I don't want Sony to waste money to buy rights to property that may not even be that popular anymore. We all know how Sony Battle Royale ended up flopping. There are times when your fans' request is a way beyond reach.

gunstarhero

Never really liked Crash as a character, but if they do reboot him, I hope they reimagine him a bit and make him look photo-realistic. Like a real bandicoot.

wbb.htm

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
We don't own Crash guys, Activision does.Sorry!

Sadness =/

PlayStation fans still care a lot about Crash, just not in his current form. In a situation where Activision isn't doing anything with it, and the IP could be valuable once again at Sony if developed responsibility... just feels like there's a potential for everyone to win there.

POPEGTR

Neo Member
It would be great Sony has tons of titles they could bring back from PS1 era.

anyone remember Nightmare Creatures, Wild Arms or Suikoden? I wouldn't mind if you ask me :)

J-Rzez

I'm OK with Crash as long as they green light a new Warhawk and Destruction Derby first. I liked the Crash games but Ratchet replace those feels for me, which, yeah, Ratchet on PS4 pls.

LAA

Just found this on ***********..
http://www.***********/news/44773/Sony-tease-Crash-Bandicoot-once-more

More hints of Crash despite Activision still seemingly owning it...?
Maybe it is a trilogy made into HD as someone suggested...?

OK that website is blocked for some reason...
Heres the image from it...Apparently posted by Playstation Brazil
http://imgur.com/f1n4kJx

EDIT: Oh it seems its pretty old... 13th November, weird I never saw this before.
I do hope Sony/ND can get crash back, they're the only ones that seem to even care about crash and Activision... well all know where Crash is going to end up. Alongside "Spyro" in Skylanders... urghh. A fate worse than death.

ash_ag

A new Crash game would have more impact as a PlayStation exclusive. Even if Activision doesn't give up the rights, they should work close with Sony for a franchise reboot/return. As it is, I think that the character would be unable to cause that much hype on a gentle offering also on the Nintendo and Xbox platform. It has bragging rights as a Sony franchise even if it's owned by Activision, and nonexclusivity would hold it back.

Motwera

Banned
None of this confirms a game. Fact is Activision is not in a position to sell.

I tell this to a lot of people, but they just bluntly ignore it like as if ND still owns the franchise, I understand why they wouldn't do Jak, but Crash was ALREADY out of the question

Alo0oy

Banned
I tell this to a lot of people, but they just bluntly ignore it like as if ND still owns the franchise, I understand why they wouldn't do Jak, but Crash was ALREADY out of the question

& why can't Sony buy the IP? if an IP like Gears of War during its peak cost MS 150 million, then a dormant IP like Crash would be pretty cheap.

Motwera

Banned
& why can't Sony buy the IP? if an IP like Gears of War during its peak cost MS 150 million, then a dormant IP like Crash would be pretty cheap.

Probably because either:
  1. Sony is not interested
  2. Activision does not want to let others use it
  3. Activision is not offering the IP for sale

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Probably because either:
  1. Sony is not interested
  2. Activision does not want to let others use it
  3. Activision is not offering the IP for sale

You're forgetting the possibility that Acti is willing to sell but is asking too much of Sony, which is the very same situation Wolf09 is in with Acti and Bethesda (Bethesda owns the Wolfenstein IP but Acti owns Wolf09 itself as the game was still in development under its wing when Zenimax bought id).

Top Bottom