• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

Gunkankun

I've been messing with the Cyclonic deals at Gameseek esterday and today, but I dont get it. YEsterday there was a timer untill new stock but now the timer ran out 2 hours before and every single item is out of stock again?

I've been messing with the Cyclonic deals at Gameseek esterday and today, but I dont get it. YEsterday there was a timer untill new stock but now the timer ran out 2 hours before and every single item is out of stock again?
I took a look at some preorders and the timer for the Mario + Rabbids game expired the soonest. It just ticked over and the site is just 503/504 erroring out. I guess this is what to expect x100 when the higher profile stuff goes up.

illusionary

I took a look at some preorders and the timer for the Mario + Rabbids game expired the soonest. It just ticked over and the site is just 503/504 erroring out. I guess this is what to expect x100 when the higher profile stuff goes up.

This was pretty much inevitable with a series of market-beating deals all going live at the same time. The site's intermittently up for me, but refuses to add any items to the basket. I'll keep trying for a little while - perhaps the traffic will die down enough for it to work.

Edit: and they're now reporting all of their deal stock as being gone - I expect that they're probably only taking a minimal number of orders at these prices, but using this promotion to drive traffic to their site.

zip stick

Edit: and they're now reporting all of their deal stock as being gone - I expect that they're probably only taking a minimal number of orders at these prices, but using this promotion to drive traffic to their site.

Yep, ive given up now. Tried with three different games and each time the site is either timed out, or theyve stopped the offer within minutes. Must have 5-10 copies being sold at these prices.

illusionary

Ill try again later today and then probably give up on the site. If this is consistent issue then its not worth the time.
The 'deal' prices are only going live at specific times - the next time that stock might be available again will be in a little under 24 hours from now. I'l probably be around to give it one more try, but that's probably as far as I'll bother if we see the same again.

Probably. They're doubling down on the attention they got on the Switch mis-price.
Especially when they're promising £198.50 Switches again (or is using the plural there expecting too much?).

PaulLFC

Hmm, really not sure about this Gameseek cyclonic deals thing but I've just pre-ordered FIFA 18 on PS4 for £30.

Paid by PayPal in case there's anything strange going on, that price just seems a bit too good to be true unless stock is incredibly limited and I just got very lucky to get one. Got to be in it to win it I suppose!

Hmm, really not sure about this Gameseek cyclonic deals thing but I've just pre-ordered FIFA 18 on PS4 for £30.

Paid by PayPal in case there's anything strange going on, that price just seems a bit too good to be true unless stock is incredibly limited and I just got very lucky to get one. Got to be in it to win it I suppose!

That was probably the only copy as it's out of stock already :p

PaulLFC

That was probably the only copy as it's out of stock already :p
Wow, looks like I was lucky then! Although checking my email I'd signed up for the stock notification for it and that was sent to me about an hour ago, so it may have been on sale for a bit before I got one.

illusionary

oni-link

I'm after a PS4 Pro but I'm in no rush, I just want one before the end of the year

When will we likely see the best prices on any bundles that may come about this year?

Best to wait for Black Friday?

Labadal

What is up with loose discs these days? I almost always get loose discs in the past year, no matter where I order from. It's even happened for physical PS Vita and 3DS games! I can't understand how they manage to get 3DS cartridges loose! I need to pry the freaking thing from the box when I want to play.

jmartoine

That's a good price but I don't really plan on using it for online games, more for single player, and I doubt I'll get Plus, so a bundle with more games for that price would be better

I do like the white model though

Keep an eye on Amazon Warehouse deals, they will sell brand new consoles at a huge discount due to damaged packaging. I got a brand new PS4 Pro for £300 because the package was "damaged" in reality one corner was a little creased, box was still factory sealed when it turned up.

Managed to get
Arms
Pokken
Rayman
Pokémon Ultra
Warhammer 2

from gameseek over the last few days

Mario on switch tomorrow and I will be sorted but I doubt that will happen

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
How is Gameseek even making profit from this?

EDIT: Facebook page is filled with people calling them liars too

pbsapeer

Banned
Well I ordered Fifa 18 on switch for £30. Couldn't say no considering its like £45 everywhere else. Shame you pay upfront but oh well.

Auctopus

Is this Gameseek place new? I just took a look at their site for the first time and it's an assault on the senses. Makes me think of one of those rip-off bidding sites.

pbsapeer

Banned
It's payment upfront for pre-orders!? Seriously?

This whole things reeks of them just needing a quick cash injection.
Yeah pretty sure they do? Unless someone will correct me?
Edit:

Do you take full payment in advance?
At the moment we do take payment in advance yes. We do this to deter thieves - basically if we can catch them before we ship the items, it helps the government and us greatly and also helps us the keep prices down for the genuine customers, ie you.(click here to go back to the top)

Stubo

Managed to get
Arms
Pokken
Rayman
Pokémon Ultra
Warhammer 2

from gameseek over the last few days

Mario on switch tomorrow and I will be sorted but I doubt that will happen
Are you just checking back on the deals page until things are showing in stock?

The only one I've seen in stock so far is Bomberman R which is a whopping £1.80 odd off the regular price.

Edit: Got Arms, I'll have a quick browse for other things tomorrow. The limit of 1 of these per 24 hours should mean more people can get something at least.

RaginRoss

Yeah pretty sure they do? Unless someone will correct me?
Edit:

Do you take full payment in advance?
At the moment we do take payment in advance yes. We do this to deter thieves - basically if we can catch them before we ship the items, it helps the government and us greatly and also helps us the keep prices down for the genuine customers, ie you.(click here to go back to the top)

I'd been keeping an eye on the upcoming deal for the Switch even though it's obviously a tiny chance of actually getting one of them, but if they're taking the money up front from everyone that tries to get it, then only shipping a tiny percentage of those they can do one.

pbsapeer

Banned
I'd been keeping an eye on the upcoming deal for the Switch even though it's obviously a tiny chance of actually getting one of them, but if they're taking the money up front from everyone that tries to get it, then only shipping a tiny percentage of those they can do one.
I can understand. Do not understand how making people pay upfront stops people stealing? Other retailers don't get screwed over such things surely?

JJShadow

Has anyone pre-ordered Uncharted Lost Legacy on ShopTo? They sent me a notification today indicating that they took the money from my bank account, and in the "Orders" section in their website I can see a photo of my package. I didn't receive any email about the dispatch though.

illusionary

Has anyone pre-ordered Uncharted Lost Legacy on ShopTo? They sent me a notification today indicating that they took the money from my bank account, and in the "Orders" section in their website I can see a photo of my package. I didn't receive any email about the dispatch though.

I have the same. At a guess, it's probably not quite left them yet, but will do so imminently.

Oh, and congrats to those with successful orders from GameSeek! I'll have to try again for the 10am-ish offers tomorrow, though won't be around for those that renew at around 2pm.

glad to see some people are getting the deals. understandable a bunch of people are mad though. i wouldn't be surprised if trading standards investigates.

illusionary

They're running deals and holding back stock. Retailers have in the past got in trouble for advertising deals then claiming the item is sold out. Then putting it back in stock once the promotion is over.

Frustrating though it is, they're not claiming that the items are completely out of stock, just that there's no more stock allocated to be available at the 'deal' price for that particular rime.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
They're running deals and holding back stock. Retailers have in the past got in trouble for advertising deals then claiming the item is sold out. Then putting it back in stock once the promotion is over.

Ah, that is a little shitty. Similar to how some publishers will raise a games price on Steam just before the sales.

Frustrating though it is, they're not claiming that the items are completely out of stock, just that there's no more stock allocated to be available at the 'deal' price for that particular rime.

Yeah, all this is is Amazon's "lightning deals" with a dumber name, better prices, and less stock.

There's nothing illegal about it.

illusionary

Yeah, all this is is Amazon's "lightning deals" with a dumber name, better prices, and less stock.

There's nothing illegal about it.

Pretty much, yep. It would probably help a fair amount if they gave some indication of how much 'deal' stock is actually available for each item.

oldmario

i think they tend to do this sometimes on big pre-orders so they can process them through the weekend (or week if it was a friday release)

itf56

Knack 2 is £22.85 at simply. It's Knack baby, get this GOtY!

Ha. I spotted this and posted it on HUKD earlier. I'm still not ordering it though.

Also Gameseek suck for pre-orders. Don't care how cheap they are, stuff was arriving a week plus after release last year. Would rather pay more to not deal with them. At one point they were also storing passwords in plaintext (provable by requesting a password reset) - I mailed their MD about this who didn't really understand why it was bad, referred it to their tech guys who assured him it was fine (!).

Top Bottom