• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Omg fuck this. It was me vs another last team in duo's. Switch to my UMP while running in smoke since I'm surrounded for cqc and my clip for some reason is empty. I try reloading but the fucking gun doesn't do anything. Just before I die I notice that my clip is hanging upside down over my gun. Fucking bug cost me a possible win since I could have won this...
I had something similar happen to me as well. It was only once so far.

Was there a new patch recently? Game was performing much worse than usual. Persistent stutter which usually clears up after the first minute or so of the round.

jdmonmou

I GOT THE RECEIPT DAMMIT!!! 1st Solo Chicken Dinner WOOO!!!!

bsaGZAkl.jpg

thejpfin

Recently I've been getting constantly top 10s, but no chicken dinners. Finally I got a grip and this happened:
GG

Interestingly he had "stream" in his name. I did some googling and found out he was streaming. I even found a clip where I shot him, his reaction was something :D
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/167670673?t=09h29m58s
(btw I wasn't streamsniping, I found out his channel after match).

I GOT THE RECEIPT DAMMIT!!! 1st Solo Chicken Dinner WOOO!!!!
Nice! Welcome to the club
NfdnkxB.gif

Grassy

All weapons should be set to auto when you pick it up.
I died a few times due to forgeting to change the firing mode. :(

I still do it after ~400 hours, I'm such a pro gamer. Yesterday I was having a sick round and killed 5 players early, the circle was in the south-east of the military base island and I drove a motorbike there and found a crate with no-one around that had a Groza in it, beautiful match for my Kar98 and 8x scope. Drove to a nice spot in the circle and a player started shooting at me, I 180'd directly to them and held down the mouse button, fired one shot and got rekt...forgot to switch to auto, would have melted them easily... feels bad...

watership

Game is still pretty toxic. Landed in Quarry with a squad of randoms and when they saw that I picked up a Kar98 all three of them opened up on me. Last game of randoms I'll play for awhile.

Gbraga

This game will give me a heart attack. It's too tense, you get way too focused, and then someone shoots you and it's worse than any horror game. Jesus Christ.

FPP servers are no joke.

I manage to kill a guy with the first aid trick, then have to run all the way across murder mountain past school and apartments, a guy pulls up and I actually manage to kill him with the first aid trick (he turned around and shot at the windows at first), then I grab a buggy and avoid like three people shooting at me as I pull up into a compound and immediately bust through a door to shoot a guy who I probably had no business killing.

I spot a figure on the Mylta mountain and think "is that a guy and is he looking at m-" POW as I figure out, yes, yes it is. He manages to wing me once more while I am nursing my 2 mags worth of M4 ammo and I finally manage to tag him twice with my piddly 2x scope to scare him off. He quickly heals and starts firing at me as I run through defilade to try and flank him, but the circle is moving fast for a late game one. As soon as I see him, he's immediately gunned down from his west near the crater ridge, I try to flank around but the guy sees and shoots me the second his head crests the ridge. Technically I died to the blue.

This is all FPP so it was nerve wracking as hell.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Well reconnect still doesn't work. Just got DC/ed thanks to my shitty Internet cutting out the router and I tried to reconnect and all it was giving me was a connection error status nothing else. Maybe one day...

Blizzard

Banned
You reported them for team-killing I hope?
You can only report one person for team-killing, the person who killed you. It goes into some sort of statistical thing.

Reporting other people (like a teamkill assist, or someone teamkilling a different teammate) requires you go have an account, have video evidence, and post on the forum I think? All of that's a hassle for some people so I can understand people not doing it aside from the person who directly killed them.

KillerAJD

Got another Squad FP Chicken Dinner tonight, but more importantly, probably laughed the hardest I've laughed at the game, and managed to record it.

LINK

**WARNING** Very loud, and probably obnoxious to most people

Grassy

You can only report one person for team-killing, the person who killed you. It goes into some sort of statistical thing.

Reporting other people (like a teamkill assist, or someone teamkilling a different teammate) requires you go have an account, have video evidence, and post on the forum I think? All of that's a hassle for some people so I can understand people not doing it aside from the person who directly killed them.

True, the "old way" was a bit of a pain in the arse but still worth it to get these wankers banned. Otherwise they just keep on doing this shit no doubt.

Finally got a 2nd dinner, I've had a Vector for both wins now. This time the Vector saved my life when someone ran up behind me as I was running to the circle.

Spun around and survived on a magic pixel to eventually get the win.

Definitely had some interesting moments. One where I had to run up on a house where someone had been shooting at me from the roof. Luckily I was able to camp the exit when the circle closed in and finish him as he ran out of the blue. Swam in the river along with another guy, so I decided to exit before him and managed to headshot him when he popped up for air. At the very end I potatoed pretty hard with my vector and had to switch to the AKM. I think my opponent was missing a ton of shots, too, or else I wouldn't have won.

Blizzard

Banned
I've heard of two shots playing only one sound due to desync, but does the opposite happen? I died to a player running past a doorway with a 686, but I'm almost positive the game played 3 shot sounds instead of 2.

Sentenza

Watching some highlight videos and seeing how effortlessly people seem to snipe me from half map afar, aside from the fact that I hardly ever got more than 2 kills per game (I think 3 was my one-time record so far), I'm coming to terms with the fact that I may not be good enough to ever get a solo win.

Still, the good news is that I don't even care. I'm getting my fun out of the game anyway, and tried in the past two nights in duo or in a four men team with some friends the entertainment increased exponentially.

It's been a while since I've been so captivated by an online shooter.
I'm trying to let the initial honey moon settle down a bit to decide if I'm even enjoying this more than Battlefield 4.

EDIT: Hell, to say it all this doesn't even feel strictly like "a shooter". It's a bit survival, a bit RPG/adventure, a bit shooter.

Wardancer

Neo Member
Watching some highlight videos and seeing how effortlessly people seem to snipe me from half map afar, aside from the fact that I hardly ever got more than 2 kills per game (I think 3 was my one-time record so far), I'm coming to terms with the fact that I may not be good enough to ever get a solo win.

Still, the good news is that I don't even care. I'm getting my fun out of the game anyway, and tried in the past two nights in duo or in a four men team with some friends the entertainment increased exponentially.

It's been a while since I've been so captivated by an online shooter.
I'm trying to let the initial honey moon settle down a bit to decide if I'm even enjoying this more than Battlefield 4.

EDIT: Hell, to say it all this doesn't even feel strictly like "a shooter". It's a bit survival, a bit RPG/adventure, a bit shooter.

Well hilights are just that hilights. They have about 50 missed shots for every one of those hilight shots :p

Bought the game last night and tried it for the first time. So here are my day 1 impressions:

First thing I noticed was that the movement felt a little floaty. I guess they wanted to have your character accelerate and decelerate rather than starting and stopping on a dime like most shooters? I'm not a fan of that, but I can live with it.

Tons of pop-in. Like.... every second you're running across the map, something is popping in.

I'm not going to be hyper competitive so I started out on full ultra settings. At 3440x1440 with a 1080TI, I get anywhere from 50-80 FPS. If I look at a restricted zone as it's getting blasted, it drops to 35ish. So.... there's room for improvement there.

I don't know what happens when you don't reach the play area circles in time. I always make sure I'm inside. It's gotten me killed a few times... including my last game where I made the last 10 remaining players. Damn sniper....

I killed a dude and the game wouldn't let me loot him. Then someone shot me while I tried. Shit happens I guess.

I punched 2 people to death in my first game :)

So far, super tense. I like the game and want to play more. I do wish it felt more polished. Hopefully that just comes with time.

I manage to kill a guy with the first aid trick.

ELI5?

You reported them for team-killing I hope?

I don't get why that's bannable, unless people are explicitly scumbagging to get on the same server. If you manage to coordinate in an open ended free for all when you can get stabbed in the back at any time then power to you I think.

I don't get why that's bannable, unless people are explicitly scumbagging to get on the same server. If you manage to coordinate in an open ended free for all when you can get stabbed in the back at any time then power to you I think.

He was killed by his own teammates so they could steal his gun.

Also, as for teaming, the bannable teaming, yes people that team do it by getting on the same server as their friends.

Wardancer

Neo Member

Because its not an open ended free for all, in fact coordinating in the free for all mode is also a bannable offense. He is specifically joining squad mode where you are 4 players on the same team. Teamkilling there sig griefing nothing else.

Bought the game last night and tried it for the first time. So here are my day 1 impressions:

First thing I noticed was that the movement felt a little floaty. I guess they wanted to have your character accelerate and decelerate rather than starting and stopping on a dime like most shooters? I'm not a fan of that, but I can live with it.

Tons of pop-in. Like.... every second you're running across the map, something is popping in.

I'm not going to be hyper competitive so I started out on full ultra settings. At 3440x1440 with a 1080TI, I get anywhere from 50-80 FPS. If I look at a restricted zone as it's getting blasted, it drops to 35ish. So.... there's room for improvement there.

I don't know what happens when you don't reach the play area circles in time. I always make sure I'm inside. It's gotten me killed a few times... including my last game where I made the last 10 remaining players. Damn sniper....

I killed a dude and the game wouldn't let me loot him. Then someone shot me while I tried. Shit happens I guess.

I punched 2 people to death in my first game :)

So far, super tense. I like the game and want to play more. I do wish it felt more polished. Hopefully that just comes with time.

ELI5?

The medikit trick is basically just leaving a medikit or other high value item on the ground in a house so it looks unlooted and then waiting for someone to walk in and drop their guard and then kill them for their loot.

Regarding the circles, the white circle marks the safe zone, the blue circle marks where you will start taking damage. At first (the first 1-3 circles) the damage in the bluezone isnt too bad (a few % per tick) and you can pretty easily outheal it with boosts or first aid kits, after the first 1-3 circles the damage dramatically increases and it is very dangerous to be caught in the blue.

TL;DR Dont worry too much about the first few blue circles if you have healing, its not worth dying just to outrun it.

The game is pretty CPU heavy so just a 1080Ti wont give you awesome performance. So thats probably whats happening when you get severe frame drops.

Pop-in usually comes from a slow harddrive, it is highly reccomended to keep PUBG on an SSD if possible.

cackhyena

Anyone who's tried with an xbox controller after they've offered proper support...am I missing where I can configure it? I'm having to do it in game and it
s still wonky. I can't even tell what the bumpers do. aiming down sights, I'm having to tap left trigger instead of being able to hold it like I'm used to. I just don't see where to adjust that.

does anyone else have the vehicle bug? i'm getting run over constantly because i don't hear them. i die and then i hear the car and see it. nothing before. they can sneak up on me and it's making me angry.

Anyone who's tried with an xbox controller after they've offered proper support...am I missing where I can configure it? I'm having to do it in game and it
s still wonky. I can't even tell what the bumpers do. aiming down sights, I'm having to tap left trigger instead of being able to hold it like I'm used to. I just don't see where to adjust that.
It doesn't have proper support, they lied.
It was working fine before thé last two major update but they fucked it up since.
Analog on stick don't work, button mapping is a mess.
One month ago it was plug and play.

cackhyena

It doesn't have proper support, they lied.
It was working fine before thé last two major update but they fucked it up since.
Analog on stick don't work, button mapping is a mess.
One month ago it was plug and play.

Analog worked fine for me. Just needed to tone down sensitivity, but yeah...the other stuff...

The game is pretty CPU heavy so just a 1080Ti wont give you awesome performance. So thats probably whats happening when you get severe frame drops.

Pop-in usually comes from a slow harddrive, it is highly reccomended to keep PUBG on an SSD if possible.

Thanks for the info!

I have a 7700k at 4.8Ghz, so there's no CPU limit there. And the game is installed on an SSD.

Venfayth

I'm starting to get more high kill games, it feels really good. I'm also getting much better with sniper rifles. There's nothing more satisfying than getting a bunch of snipe kills, especially if you manage to snag an M24 or AWM.

Is there some kind of resolution bug? I tried setting my resolution to 4K and my mouse cursor just disappeared. It came back after I set my resolution back down.

In the midst of a run of utterly shit luck. Killed maybe 1 or 2 dudes last night across 4 games.

does anyone else have the vehicle bug? i'm getting run over constantly because i don't hear them. i die and then i hear the car and see it. nothing before. they can sneak up on me and it's making me angry.

Happened to me once. Up on the hill south of the school. Dacia.

Moonkeis

This game will give me a heart attack. It's too tense, you get way too focused, and then someone shoots you and it's worse than any horror game. Jesus Christ.

FPP servers are no joke.

Are you doing solo? I started to queue by myself in group FPP servers, I been finding it much more entertaining to mess with groups. The thing I hate most about solo queue is the hardcore players who camp in the bathroom for 30 mins.

TirMcGrey

Been out of the game a while before the map got a bunch of names added on but, did a lot of people call it the prison? I always heard it called the quarry

Vipu

Banned
Game is still pretty toxic. Landed in Quarry with a squad of randoms and when they saw that I picked up a Kar98 all three of them opened up on me. Last game of randoms I'll play for awhile.

You could report them and get them banned.
Keep playing and doing that until all of them are banned, do this for the community!

It was my understanding that Crater also goes by the name Prison, located in the North East near the Bunkers. Quarry is South West and is just a huge quarry with steps that your character awkwardly climbs.

Yeah, that's been my experience when doing random squad games for a while now. It's always ominous when you're the odd man out in a squad game and you have next to no communication with your teammates but clearly they're communicating and coordinating where they're going (not on team chat) and then they see you get something good, stare at you for a while and pop you're team killed.

Random duos is a little better in this regard since you're getting a guaranteed random person and not some pre grouped up bunch of people where you're the odd man out but I've still been teamkilled there more than I'd like.

But getting team killed in random squad and duo games has definitely led me to playing more Solo games lately.

Swig_

Has anyone ever ran into hits not registering at all?

I just played a game and it was down to the high teens left. Some guy came up on where I was on a motorcycle and got off right in front of me. I had an M4 and put about 6 shots into him. None of them registered, no blood spatter, nothing. He got back on his bike and took off.

A few minutes later, I found a guy who moved right in front of me. Again, put about 6-10 shots into him, no hits registered at all. He turned around and killed me.. It was fairly close range and I had a red dot sight, I'm sure I didn't miss.

This game can be so good, but so janky sometimes, it's incredibly frustrating. There's absolutely no chance that I didn't hit either of those guys. I had the jump, they were close range, my sights right on them. Nothing.

Gbraga

Are you doing solo? I started to queue by myself in group FPP servers, I been finding it much more entertaining to mess with groups. The thing I hate most about solo queue is the hardcore players who camp in the bathroom for 30 mins.

This actually sounds amazing to me, hahaha.

It would be crazy if there was a mode without the final area damage thing, so that the last couple of people alive can go on for hours in the same match.

Acinixys

Just had the worst bug/exploit/hack

Shot 2 guys with 10 Kar98 rounds and 2 full mags of 556 and they didnt die, but they turn and 3 shot me from across the map

Venfayth

Playing solo vs groups or duos is a good way to practice fighting, because when you down someone in groups, you know their team is going to come try to save them.

Top Bottom