• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"How I'd fix Xbox's first party problem-" ign

In a realistic world where Xbox division no longer has carte blanche with the cheque book:

- Create 2 smaller studios from staff poached from Rare, 343, Coalition and Turn 10. These a HUGE fucking studios. Surely they can manage their resources well enough to create 2 smaller studios from those 4 which means they';re not spending any extra money but have created 2 new studios out of it that can create anything they want or at least be used to revive EXISITNG IPs.

which brings me to...

- Revive some existing old IPs. They're already there and not costing you anything. No one has to come up with a new idea because the IP already exists. If they're not going to create the new studios as I suggested above, there's PLENTY of third party developers and indie devs who need work. Killer Instinct is a great example of how well this can work out.

Banjo
Crimson Skies
Jet Force Gemini
Project Gotham
Rallisport
Blinx
Quantum Break
ReCore
Kameo
Perfect Dark

Come on, with the right 3rd party dev there are some hits in here.

- Moneyhat just 1 or 2 third party exclusives via dormant/dead IPs with third parties. Similar to the point above but using someone else's IP instead of their own. Would cost a LITTLE more than the above but with the right choices not too much more.

Capcom and Sega alone are sitting on a fucking TREASURE TROVE of dormant or dead IPs Microsoft could approach them to fund a sequel or reboot to that wouldn't cost much:

PowerStone
Streets of Rage
Shinobi
Dino Crisis (this was rumoured ot have happened and Capcom said no)
Altered Beast
Maximo
Virtua Fighter

The list could go on forever. Ahem, Splinter Cell.

I think the above 3 options are realistic and reasonable from a budget perspective. Doesn't have to be ALL 3 options, but at least 1 or a combination of 2 of the 3.

Yep! This is honestly exactly what I came here to say and you beat me to it. I like Ryan's ideas as well, but I'm just not sure that his list appeals to "new" customers as much as old Xbox fans that might have switched. Microsoft needs to show that they're willing to invest in (and actually release) new games for the platform.

Their other problem right now is the lack of a roadmap for future exclusives. With delays (Crackdown 3) and cancellations (Scalebound), they're in a tough spot on that front. Not talking about new titles super early makes it look like nothing is coming. On the flip side, talking about games super early also won't mean much when they don't have a history of following through on releasing titles at the moment.

As quickly as possible, Microsoft needs to start getting new titles announced and out the door. This fall will hurt for them, but I think it'll get better if we have Crackdown 3 and Sea of Thieves actually releasing in Spring. If E3 2018 comes and goes without them announcing a decent slate of unknown games for that fall/Spring 2019, I really don't know what their plans are.

Ricky_R

You think a new spectacular looking open world rpg from Guerilla was a more risky option than another entry in a mediocre FPS franchise?

I would say that in the case of Guerilla, you could argue that doing another Killzone would be kinda risky due to franchise saturation and Shadow Fall's not so good performance.

They were in a good position to work on a new IP. In the case of Halo and Gears, I feel that working on the same IP is still the safest option for either studio.

It feels like every article written for the past 5-6 years is always wanting MS to get back to their early years with games like Ninja Gaiden, KOTOR, Crimson Skies and other games that made the Xbox brand unique.

Personally, i lost hope in MS. The Xbox One generation is very disappointing and i feel like MS don't care that much anymore or the budget is tight or the company's philosophy regarding Xbox is totally different and why so many fans are not happy.

Phil was supposed to be the guy that changes everything but since he's been in charge, the Xbox brand got even worse so i don't know. With Crackdown 3 cancellation, not that i wanted the game, Scalebound and Fable, i feel like it's risky to spend more money in the Xbox ecosystem because you never know when MS decides to change their direction.

I want a 4k console and the Xbox One X is still on my radar but man, i'm not gonna lie, i'm still not 100% sure that i'm gonna buy the console with bad news here and there. it's a 599$ Canadian money after all, not cheap.

It's not Biowarebyou would be talking to, it's EA.

You'd be saying to one of th biggest multiplatform games devs, hey guys can you not make a game that could potentially sell 15million copies and instead make a game that sells 8?

How much is that going to cost Microsoft?
20-30million?

They could just make an actual exclusive game themselves which they then own the rights for AND have that game on their platform anyway.
and that they will get the same Gaas digital revenue from.
That's why you won't see any permanent exclusives from any of the big publishers.

Ugh yeah I wasn't thinking there, should've said EA instead of Bioware.
But yes, it would've been a long shot anyway, economically it would make very little sense for EA.

Just have 343i and the coalition work on new IP in between every Halo and Gears installment. You get new franchises and give time for Halo and Gears to breathe.

Probably a smart move.
But considering those teams have long support tales with a fair amount of free content, could be tricky to pull off.

Renna Hazel

I just wish Rare would make good games again. That would put Xbox back on the map for me and give them a better first party than Sony.

Lom1lo

OléGunner;246407636 said:
Ugh yeah I wasn't thinking there, should've said EA instead of Bioware.
But yes, it would've been a long shot anyway, economically it would make very little sense for EA.

Probably a smart move.
But considering those teams have long support tales with a fair amount of free content, could be tricky to pull off.

So split those big ass studios in one big team and a smaller "live support team". The live support team supports the latest installment with free maps for multiplayer and cosmetic microtransactions to keep a steady cashflow.

So split those big ass studios in one big team and a smaller "live support team". The live support team supports the latest installment with free maps for multiplayer and cosmetic microtransactions to keep a steady cashflow.

True true. Sorta like what Bungie did at the tail end of Destiny 1.
Thing is, I don't think MS is willing to give Coalition/343i like 4-5 years on a new untested IP while extracting cash from a Gears 5/Halo 6 for +3 years.

What you propose makes sense but I dunno if MS has the corporate culture in risk taking with their franchise houses to facilitate that.

kiguel182

Those are some unoriginal and middle of the road ideas. Excepted from the author.

Reviving a bunch of old franchise isn't going to magically fix the problem they have.

You can't just say "do a Fable game" and then it materializes.

Microsofts problems seem way more related to management than anything else.

Anyway, such a bad list of ideas lol

Only way to fix MS's XBOX problem is to wipe the memory of them wasting so much money paying 3rd party developers for exclusive content.

Someone at MS (I wager Satya Nadella) has cut off the XBOX's trust fund as it spent too much money partying with short term floozies and buying expensive add-ons (the failed Kinect).

I don't think MS really wants to be in the console space anymore. This has to be intentional, it can't be incompetence.

I'm confident that they want to remain in the console space for sure. They just haven't given us any reason to be confident in their first party games lineup. They could very well have a great gameplan, but until we see it we're just gonna assume the worst based on how they've been handling things.

I honestly feel like they "need" to take a "generationless" console approach at this point as a result. Continue iterating on the Xbox One and find ways to not completely cut ties with current owners when the "Xbox Two" comes out.

Consoles may not have died like many predicted they would before this gen, but the market has definitely changed in a big way. I'm not confident that a traditional generational reset would really clear the table in the ways that it used to.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/08/17/opinion-how-id-fix-xboxs-first-party-problem

Suggests the following

-Reboot Fable at Rare
-Make a first person Shadowrun RPG
-Bring back Crimson Skies
-Alan Wake 2
-Itagaki for Ninja Gaiden spiritual successor, also recommends ties with Sega for Shinobi Reboot
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory 2
-Xbox Live Arcade returns

Do you agree with this? What would you do differently?

- Kameo
- Fully fund a sequel to Chromehounds, MS exclusive
- Perfect Dark

take Halo away from 343 and make them create an open world rpg. i mean it worked for sony when they allowed their mediocre shooter developer to create something new.

EvB

Hey MS I’ve got a plan, make sequels to a load of games that nobody bought first time round.

Also, don’t make sequels, we want new IPs.

Also, don’t waste money paying people to make games exclusive , hire some office space and pay people to make exclusive games.

Investing in gaming talent, period, and having the patience and guidance to let those investments bear fruit, is the only way out of their current 'hole'.

No specific franchise will turn the ship around, there has to a be a change in culture. Micromanaging to the point that projects never get off the ground or are repeatedly rebooted is clearly an issue, and it's only a luxury that you have when your output is already solid.

Spending years on a new hardware refresh and having one game (Forza 7) to show it off in the first 6 months is kind of...bad. It shows a stunning lack of prioritization and planning.

Nah man, the situation is not so dire. There's an air of negativity around Xbox among forum-goers like us, who pay closer attention to these things. Closed studios, cancelled/delayed titles and a quiet year for first-party will do that, but positivity can spread quickly as well. I'm pretty sure that all it would take to turn things around would be one or two popular game releases, and hopefully a new announcement or two, next year.

No one is selling their PS4's and Switch's to buy Xbox One's. Your argument that people paying attention have negative thoughts only proves that Microsoft actually has real problems that will affect it regardless of 'forum' or mainstream opinion. It's done for Microsoft this gen. They have existed this gen, but for them and me they have wasted all the momentum they should have had coming off of the 360. They made the wrong decision by pushing forward with their TV Box plan and it cost them.

Now their franchises merely exist. Halo, Gears and Forza are just there and not commanding the zeitgeist like they used to. Even more importantly they are no longer even exclusive going forward, being available on PC and all. Microsoft have made the box irrelevant. This is of course by their own making - this is the digital future they envisioned. Maybe one day they might be right - but not today.

The One X is their olive branch to Xbox fans to try and make up - which is great - but it's not a new gen and is going to be nothing but a side line in grander scheme of things.

Exclusives - whilst great for gamers - are not what wins the battle for traditional console of the generation. It's who makes themselves the third party console of choice. Microsoft just about managed that last gen and Sony have taken that back again this one. Nintendo are of course doing their own thing - which either works very well for them (Wii/Switch) or doesn't (Wii U/Gamecube/N64).

I look forward to Microsoft's efforts going forward and it's not over for them, but they are Sega-ing right now - the Xbox One is their Saturn, and they must avoid the thorny issue of the next machine becoming a Dreamcast. Now I love the Dreamcast, what great exclusives it had, but that didn't help it in the face of the third party beast and mindshare vampire that was the PS2. Sony should have learnt their lesson from history and PS2 Microsoft's next attempt. Sony cannot show weakness again, the PlayStation is too important to the overall company.

Now of course Microsoft aren't going to run out of money like Sega - but the tap can be very easily turned off to the Xbox division by the powers that be. I do think the Xbox division is a great asset right now to Microsoft even if it's not particularly profitable. It does them credit and enhances their image in the greater mindshare. This will be the reason it continues. If that star was to fall too far though - they will probably turn away and drop it and not look back.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I don't think MS really wants to be in the console space anymore. This has to be intentional, it can't be incompetence.

Quite the opposite.

I think they want to go back to being the best place for multiplats so they don't have to invest in first party.

So they'll release a new console every 3 years to ensure they almost always have the most powerful console and make sure they maintain perpetual BC to keep people invested in the ecosystem.

Investing in gaming talent, period, and having the patience and guidance to let those investments bear fruit, is the only way out of their current 'hole'.

This is exactly it.

If it were a matter of just money hatting everything MS would be able to do it..but..the answer is pretty clear that they need a broader stable of devs they can rely on.

Xbox needs games, good games, plain and simple.

The success of Uncharted, Horizon and all other Sony games is no secret. They are good games that shine inspite of flaws.

Xbox content has been mediocre/good at best and that's their hrdest efforts.

I would love to see what IGN says become real, doubt it, but it is the right idea.

Duxxy3

Make more games. A lot more games. WTF is so hard to understand. I have money for an XB1X. I love the controller. I generally like Xbox. But my interest in the system is pretty low. There's no more exclusives on it. Microsoft isn't making nearly enough games, and the ones that they do make are on PC.

edit: If i were in charge the first thing I would do is kill off play anywhere for first part games. You want to play Gears, Halo and Forza? Get an Xbox. By putting them on PC it makes people believe that the Xbox is less necessary, even if they never buy those games.

Next... build up Lionhead. Buy People Can Fly. Buy Splash Damage. Xbox lost most of its marketing deals because it's being outsold. So spend those marketing bucks in development instead.

Xbox is less desirable right now because there's less and less of a reason to buy and own one.

Quite the opposite.

I think they want to go back to being the best place for multiplats so they don't have to invest in first party.

So they'll release a new console every 3 years to ensure they almost always have the most powerful console and make sure they maintain perpetual BC to keep people invested in the ecosystem.

If they think they'll achieve that by just putting out a new box without any games to justify it, then I think they'll be in for a rude awakening...

If they think they'll achieve that by just putting out a new box without any games to justify it, then I think they'll be in for a rude awakening...

What? Objectively, they will achieve that goal fairly easily if third parties take advantage of the Xbox One X. They didn't lose third party support. I think you mis-read the statement you bolded and replied to.

Logash

Agreed, the main reason they became biggest place for third parties last gen is that it was difficult to develop for the PS3. Now that that little problem is gone on Sony's side it's gonna be hard to do with just a box that has better graphics. Combine that with the amazing output of Sony first pary studios and the defacto Japanese exclusives and Microsoft has a serious problem.

Edit: To be clear, I mean if they think that will make them more competitive with Sony. They would cenrtainly be able to pull off that plan but I don't think it would be that effective if they do go that route.

I kinda agree with Alan wake 2.
Despite how much I like chaos theory, a sequel is not how it works.
I don't think Rare is up to make a Fable but anyone stepping into those shoes needs to be British.
Itakagi doesn't has the weight he used to.
I never played a shadowrun but the least I want is a another first person RPG.
I never played Crimson Skies.
They don't need other Xbox Live Arcade, indie support is already bigger than ever.

Anyway any of those are big names with the chance to fix MS' first party. They need a mixture of interesting and good looking indie games to build talent like it's happening with moon studios and a big new IP that out isn't a feet on the ground shorter.
If the coalition and 343 slows down the halo and gears machine to make new projects, I would be glad.

Montresor

What? Objectively, they will achieve that goal fairly easily if third parties take advantage of the Xbox One X. They didn't lose third party support. I think you mis-read the statement you bolded and replied to.

I don't mean to be a negative nancy. I love Xbox. But damn, they've lost a lot of third-party support.

The vast majority of Japanese games will skip Xbox.

Xbox gets a lot of indie games and Western third-party devs, but there are still an alarming amount of them that skip Xbox.

The Talos Principle will never be on Xbox (indie dev). Transistor and Pyre will never be on Xbox (indie dev). Dust An Elysian Tail (former 360 indie game) got a PS4 port - no Xbox port in site. Same with Fez. The new Hellblade game is also skipping Xbox completely. There are tons of these small little indie games, Western third-party, and Japanese games that skip Xbox. It adds up.

I think with indie games though, Xbox gets excellent titles. But I think overall the major problem with Xbox is the following:

1) If there is any indie or third-party game that comes out first on Xbox, there is a 99.9999% change that it will come out on PS4 eventually. Devs would be stupid to miss out on the "biggest" fanbase right?

2) If there is any indie or third-party game that comes out first on PS4, you can safely assume that 75% of the time it will skip Xbox. Sure you'll get excellent titles like The Witness, Thumper, What Remains Of Edith Finch, Firewatch, etc... with late ports. But ugh, those ports tend to remain secret for so god damn long. And they are few and far between.

Vinc

Sure. The person you quoted is saying they won't be successful with that strategy. Which would frankly be a truly baffling strategy.

1) They need to put Halo and Gears in the bag for a decade and use the incredible talent from those studio to make new IPs.

2) don't apply that old-ass counter tactic "we need our own God of War, our own Gran Turismo, our own ..."

Mash some currently hot ideas in game-design together, find out why people like the new Zelda, why the new DOOM, what's hooking people to the Destiny progression and Rogue-Likes what could translate well to VR in a few years, why people suddenly hate QT-events and open-world fetch side-missions, predict some trends and get smart people from different backgrounds involved in that.

And my own input:
a) maybe make use of the baged Halo or Gears universe, but make something completely different. A smaller X-Wing-like game in the Halo Universe, a smaller survival adventure game in the Gears universe
b) invent a (e)sport. Invent Soccer or Football or Ice Hockey, no guns, no first person, invent with the controller in mind and also look at coaching and economics on the meta level.

LordRaptor

1) If there is any indie or third-party game that comes out first on Xbox, there is a 99.9999% change that it will come out on PS4 eventually. Devs would be stupid to miss out on the "biggest" fanbase right?

PC is still the biggest fanbase, and so far all the X1 exclusive indies have also arrived on PC.

Duxxy3

1) They need to put Halo and Gears in the bag for a decade and use the incredible talent from those studio to make new IPs.

2) don't apply that old-ass counter tactic "we need our own God of War, our own Gran Turismo, our own ..."

Mash some currently hot ideas in game-design together, find out why people like the new Zelda, why the new DOOM, what's hooking people to the Destiny progression and Rogue-Likes what could translate well to VR in a few years, why people suddenly hate QT-events and open-world fetch side-missions, predict some trends and get smart people from different backgrounds involved in that.

And my own input:
a) maybe make use of the baged Halo or Gears universe, but make something completely different. A smaller X-Wing-like game in the Halo Universe, a smaller survival adventure game in the Gears universe
b) invent a (e)sport. Invent Soccer or Football or Ice Hockey, no guns, no first person, invent with the controller in mind and also look at coaching and economics on the meta level.

As soon as Nintendo retires Mario and Zelda for a decade. As soon as Sony retires Gran Turismo and Uncharted for a decade.

Bulby

Best case scenario, all these would be amazing.

But as many have already said. They just are not finacially viable, or really in MS modus operandi right now. MS seems more interested in going in the games as a service/loot boxes and cards formula.

As soon as Nintendo retires Mario and Zelda for a decade. As soon as Sony retires Gran Turismo and Uncharted for a decade.

The problem is that there is too much power in terms of resources behind Gears and Halo. More than there is interest, the interest in Uncharted is going down too and I people will be way less hyped for TLOU2 than they were for TLOU1.
[Uncharted 2 was my favorite game last gen, I bought Uncharted 4 in December, but still haven't played it and Gran Turismo... I've been in the Beta and... I won't buy the game, probably ever and I say that as someone who has a Platinum in GT6].

Sure. The person you quoted is saying they won't be successful with that strategy. Which would frankly be a truly baffling strategy.

Oh I definitely agree that the strategy would be baffling, I think I just took a more literal interpretation of their post. That being their overall strategy would be madness, but I certainly think they can achieve the goal of having the best version of third party games with the One X. Carry on.

I don't mean to be a negative nancy. I love Xbox. But damn, they've lost a lot of third-party support.

The vast majority of Japanese games will skip Xbox.

Xbox gets a lot of indie games and Western third-party devs, but there are still an alarming amount of them that skip Xbox.

The Talos Principle will never be on Xbox (indie dev). Transistor and Pyre will never be on Xbox (indie dev). Dust An Elysian Tail (former 360 indie game) got a PS4 port - no Xbox port in site. Same with Fez. The new Hellblade game is also skipping Xbox completely. There are tons of these small little indie games, Western third-party, and Japanese games that skip Xbox. It adds up.

I think with indie games though, Xbox gets excellent titles. But I think overall the major problem with Xbox is the following:

2) If there is any indie or third-party game that comes out first on PS4, you can safely assume that 75% of the time it will skip Xbox. Sure you'll get excellent titles like The Witness, Thumper, What Remains Of Edith Finch, Firewatch, etc... with late ports. But ugh, those ports tend to remain secret for so god damn long. And they are few and far between.

Honestly this is a really damn good post. When I think of third parties I tend to focus on Western publishers/studios, but you're absolutely right. I think the Japanese third party support might be a sailed ship at this point, but the indie stuff is an interesting new problem that Microsoft definitely didn't fully account for.

Fisty

Here's my plan:

1. Buy studios with proven ability to ship a critically-liked game on a decent budget, on time

2. Give those studios a realistic budget to make their games WITH NO INTERFERENCE from publisher in regards to monetization schemes or game design

3. Release those games exclusively on Xbox consoles and Windows 10 store for a reasonable price

4. Be happy with turning a profit, but don't be disappointed when it doesn't make back it's budget x1000

5. Repeat

Quite the opposite.

How is that going to really benefit them though? They should be doing both. Having the best version of CoD and BF isn't going to do much to negate the ads and bundles with PS4. Never mind the fact that we are already far into this gen and a momentum shift like that is very unlikely to occur for various reasons.

They need a much better long term plan than that.

LeleSocho

Banned
They need to build up a lineup for themselves that lasts for decades, Forza, Halo and GoW is simply not enough.
Also in creating these IP they need to be very careful to have one that can be easily iterative and can't suffer from franchise fatigue... something like Forza; Halo and GoW right now have the brand power of a can of tuna because they have been milked out too much since they were obviously meant to be both trilogies and not something that comes out every other year.

They should create a few teams of promising no names in the industry and give them total freedom on a mid sized project, see what resonates with the userbase and continue from there.

the Xbox brand and everything in it is stale and has no soul or identity, you need to create these things unless you want to start a new generation from zero every time.

No matter how you look at it, closing down Lionhead was a grievous error. There is always appetite for fantasy RPGs (Skyrim, Zelda, Witcher), and Microsoft essentially eliminated what was there most creative franchise.

For all of the shit people gave Molyneux, at least he had ambition. You wouldn't find a hint of it at 343i.

I agree. It's not a popular opinion, but get Peter Molyneux back in and give him the support he needs. Someone with pure, naked ambition to drive things forward. That's what people love about Forza Horizon (wait, I can go anywhere?) and liked about Scalebound (dragons + rpg + co-op + beat-em-up combat). I would disagree however with the assertion that closing Lionhead was a 'grievous error'. From what we can see from the outside, Molyneux was the talent - with him gone, there seemed to be a lack of direction and vision.

Also, for all the hate he gets, Molyneux actually delivered for Microsoft. Fable 1 was fantastic and made money. Fable 2 was fantastic and made money. Fable 3 was decent and made money. He didn't deliver all he promised, but he delivered an awful lot regardless.

Danny Blanchflower said:
It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low... set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.

KORNdoggy

the problem is all this stuff would needed to have been done 2 years ago to have any affect in the here and now. i mean, rare working on a new fable seems like a good idea (not closing lionhead would have been better) but it wouldn't change anything this year, or next year or probably even the year after, at which point you have to ask yourself whats the point?

whatever MS's plan is to turn this ship around, they will have hopefully had the forethought to have started well in advance so we actually get a good amount of new games releasing in 2018. because come E3 a forza horizon 4 and halo 6 trailer ain't going fix anything.

they need new IP's that gain the sort of traction gears and halo did. spend money on getting super creative people on board. open a new studio with new talent or use an existing one and give them some creative freedom instead of being a gears or halo factory. they have it in them to create something massive. but you're never going to see it if they're stuck making the same old shit. but even then that's still a far future promise. it doesn't help their current lineup.

The problem is that there is too much power in terms of resources behind Gears and Halo. More than there is interest, the interest in Uncharted is going down too and I people will be way less hyped for TLOU2 than they were for TLOU1.
[Uncharted 2 was my favorite game last gen, I bought Uncharted 4 in December, but still haven't played it and Gran Turismo... I've been in the Beta and... I won't buy the game, probably ever and I say that as someone who has a Platinum in GT6].

Really? I don't think that'll be the case.
TLoU Part II hype is likely only matched by Death Stranding.

How is that going to really benefit them though? They should be doing both. Having the best version of CoD and BF isn't going to do much to negate the ads and bundles with PS4. Never mind the fact that we are already far into this gen and a momentum shift like that is very unlikely to occur for various reasons.

They need a much better long term plan than that.

Even being the best place to play multiplats is all well and good but at $500 for the privilege? It's a hard sell imo.

OléGunner;246412130 said:
Really? I don't think that'll be the case.
TLoU Part II hype is likely only matched by Death Stranding.

As much as I want to be mad at Sony for announcing games like Death Stranding and TLoU Part II so early, I really can't. Even though it's risky, I think Microsoft needs to copy that approach if they truly do have worthwhile games on the horizon for 2018 and beyond.

I'm talking about the strategy not about whether they'll have the best looking versions of multi-platform games on XB1X... I mean the latter is so obvious that I don't really know why it needs to be mentioned.

The point i'm making though is that simply having the best looking console versions of multi-platform games is not going to get them the success that Sony has seen with the PS4.

If they honestly think that just having the best version of multiplats, with no notable exclusives, is a viable strategy then somebody needs to call Phil Spencer, because I've got a Nigerian prince here that I want him to invest in.

The God

As much as I want to be mad at Sony for announcing games like Death Stranding and TLoU Part II so early, I really can't. Even though it's risky, I think Microsoft needs to copy that approach if they truly do have worthwhile games on the horizon for 2018 and beyond.
You only need to go back and watch E3 2014 to see why this is a bad idea for them

Microsoft needs their own gameplan, they can't copy what Sony does.

Top Bottom