• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Marvel

could never
Yeah I'd much rather have Starfire then Sub but I'll have to make do with what I'm given.

looking forward to starfire tho.
Super curious as to her playstyle.

Hoping for a hybrid of Spectral Ermac and Firestorm myself. And her gear too, curious about that.

sinkfla87

It sounds like alot of fun and i've got a friend who's flying out for it this year to compete in SFV. But i've actually never gone to a tournament before. Only played in a few small (like under 30 entrants) online ones. Either way, you should really go and have a good time. The results won't matter just show up and do your best, maybe play some casual matches. It'll be a good experience i'm sure. All my fgc friends insist that playing offline is the best way to improve, and you'll just keep getting better from there. Also, where do you live? Maybe start attending locals for some practice beforehand. I'm in socal so i've been wanting to go to WNF for a while, its just kinda inconvenient since its an almost 2 hour drive.

Only a 2 hour drive to WNF? Doooo it!!! You really should compete in majors, you're damn good man. I live in NW Florida which is fairly far from any real major FGC scene :(. There's a small scene here but it's mostly dedicated to Smash and SFV (which I'm terrible at) and that's about it. I do play online with a local guy from TYM who's trying to get more of an Injustice scene going here and we've been planning to have a local but so far nothing set in stone and it's been awhile since we've communicated :/. You're selling me on going because you make a good point, it's more about the experience than anything. I need to get used to playing offline and feeling comfortable meeting new people. I can be socially reclusive at times lol.

Only a 2 hour drive to WNF? Doooo it!!! You really should compete in majors, you're damn good man. I live in NW Florida which is fairly far from any real major FGC scene :(. There's a small scene here but it's mostly dedicated to Smash and SFV (which I'm terrible at) and that's about it. I do play online with a local guy from TYM who's trying to get more of an Injustice scene going here and we've been planning to have a local but so far nothing set in stone and it's been awhile since we've communicated :/. You're selling me on going because you make a good point, it's more about the experience than anything. I need to get used to playing offline and feeling comfortable meeting new people. I can be socially reclusive at times lol.

Yeah its all about the experience. And thanks, i've considered it before there's just not alot of time because of work and school. still on that online warrior grind

Didn't Ed Boon say the nine DLC characters would be out by the end of 2017? They'd have to release at a quicker pace than once a month or else the last character would be out in February.
I'm 75% sure Raiden(if it is him) will be released in October for the MK anniversary.

hertog

Loving this game. Online is just perfect and aquaman and darkseid are just clicking with me.
Going on a quest this saturday how high I can reach in ranked. Actually have a full free day since the game launched to only play videogames :)

bubumiao

Actually have a full free day since the game launched to only play videogames :)
Wish I could have a day like that. Every day I have off I have to do stupid fucking house work then I'm too tired to do any real grinding. Not to mention family obligations.

°_o

Lokimaru

Ok there is no f-ing way Blue Beetle would be on Batman's side after what just went down in the comics, what happened way literally what Superman was trying to stop from ever happening again. How many died this time.

It's always one of Bruce's little party pals fucking shit up for everyone else. Superman's guys are destructive but they at least want something or someone to rule over so show some restraint. Batman's guys don't give a fuck and will tear the world down cause reasons.

Ravelle

Can anyone explain to me why I can't use redhood even though I bought the ultimate edition. Have already Downloaded him and installed him multiple times.

This helped for me.

Go to multiplayer so it connects to the server and updates roster stuff.
Reboot game.

This made him show up in the character selection for me.

Marvel

could never
I believe Cheetah is slept on and one of the best characters on the roster right now. Easily Top 5.

But that's just my shitty 2 cents on early launch tier lists that don't mean jackshit lol. No projectile and kinda unsafe girl but if you don't throw out stupid shit on block and use her pounce thing you can deal with zoners ok ish.

That is certainly not the norm. Internal or external hard drive?

If anything, try installing directly to internal first then copy to external.

Managed to get it fixed yesterday! Uninstalled from External, downloaded on Internal, removed myself from the Xbox Insiders program. As such, been playing the story mode and I'm beyond elated to see it's as excellent as everyone has been saying.

Sam Handwich

Neo Member
So what is the best mode to grind in? I can't remember the last time I played a fighting game, so I need a ton of practice. I played through the story mode, which was a ton of fun, but now I'm not really sure what to do.
I tried playing online and came up against Green Arrow for my first match. I was beating him and he rage quit, is this super common in the game? Once I built up the willpower to go online again I only had time for one match and I absolutely dunked on a Black Adam even though his profile level was in the 30s. It felt good because apparently Blue Beetle, my character, isn't very good. Really looking forward to squeezing in some more play time, but I don't know if I'm ready to jump online in earnest. Its still super stressful for me.

vg260

I was hoping they'd release a little sooner than a month apart, just because I want them to get the first three out of the way and show the second pack trailer.

bman94

Meh. Bring on Starfire!

So what is the best mode to grind in? I can't remember the last time I played a fighting game, so I need a ton of practice. I played through the story mode, which was a ton of fun, but now I'm not really sure what to do.
I tried playing online and came up against Green Arrow for my first match. I was beating him and he rage quit, is this super common in the game? Once I built up the willpower to go online again I only had time for one match and I absolutely dunked on a Black Adam even though his profile level was in the 30s. It felt good because apparently Blue Beetle, my character, isn't very good. Really looking forward to squeezing in some more play time, but I don't know if I'm ready to jump online in earnest. Its still super stressful for me.

Multiverse, multiverse, multiverse. If you want a little bit of insanity you could do endless in the battle simulator.

Does anyone know the motion or the timing to cancel Poison Ivy's B2 to her Kiss of Death or B2 -> D2 xx Kiss of Death? I've been lurking through test your might web on her combos, and found that you can actually cancel them to Kiss of Death. My problem is that whenever I try to do the motion for Kiss of Death after doing her B2 -> D2 for example, her Vine Drill move comes out instead.

Xevren

Does anyone know the motion or the timing to cancel Poison Ivy's B2 to her Kiss of Death or B2 -> D2 xx Kiss of Death? I've been lurking through test your might web on her combos, and found that you can actually cancel them to Kiss of Death. My problem is that whenever I try to do the motion for Kiss of Death after doing her B2 -> D2 for example, her Vine Drill move comes out instead.

Do you have release check on? Make sure it's off. Other than that just be sure you're doing it quickly and as precise as possible.

patchday

You should really ignore profile level. People can get high profile lvl by running their bots. I'm like L69 profile level and I can assure you it doesnt mean squat. Only reason I am decent is from hard work in the labs (practice mode) working on combos and punishing mistakes

I know this goes w/o saying but try not to stress over the matches. I just hop on to have fun. I've done a lil bit of ranked/casual (well more Casual matches).

I guess it's different for me since I am coming from other games were there was rewards attached to ranking which made it stressful since losing a match might mean you dont get good awards.

Dang much rather have Starfire but like I said I'll just make do with what they give.

I believe Cheetah is slept on and one of the best characters on the roster right now. Easily Top 5.

But that's just my shitty 2 cents on early launch tier lists that don't mean jackshit lol. No projectile and kinda unsafe girl but if you don't throw out stupid shit on block and use her pounce thing you can deal with zoners ok ish.

Noobe has been a faithful Cheetah main so far at the tournaments. she's been seeing a little pro play at least.

ZangBa

So what are the chances they change competitive modes and offline tournaments to include custom abilities? Because it feels like such a waste and not too dissimilar to MKX variations. I think it would it would definitely add more depth to the game, probably more enjoyable to watch in the long run.

Xevren

So what are the chances they change competitive modes and offline tournaments to include custom abilities? Because it feels like such a waste and not too dissimilar to MKX variations. I think it would it would definitely add more depth to the game, probably more enjoyable to watch in the long run.

0%

It's a logistical nightmare just to get everything for yourself, let alone on every setup. That and they really aren't balanced around the extra abilities.

I think she's pretty ridiculous too, maybe top 10. But learning that her jump ins other than double scratch are minus on block helped me alot, also how you can blow her up for using B1 since she's almost always at disadvantage whether she cancels into something or ends the string so I just buffer an attack so it won't come out during the mid followup and punish the overhead.

Just like learning little things about her showed me that she isn't really a massive threat like I thought she was earlier. but she can still overwhelm you for sure and not every character can deal with her as well as my main (Robin) can.

Cipher

DDDDtYIVoAAqSMp.jpg

Really....

ZangBa

0%

It's a logistical nightmare just to get everything for yourself, let alone on every setup. That and they really aren't balanced around the extra abilities.

It is if we consider unlocking abilities, but I feel like that can be changed. Otherwise, it's just as simple as equipping them. Game is constantly being balanced either way, so I don't see that being a problem either.

bubumiao

It is if we consider unlocking abilities, but I feel like that can be changed. Otherwise, it's just as simple as equipping them. Game is constantly being balanced either way, so I don't see that being a problem either.
I think it would be cool, but there'd be too many variations of character load outs. I don't think it's something they'd do. Gear/ability side tournaments could probably happen, but I highly doubt the main events would ever implement gear/abilities.

sinkfla87

I'm tired as shit from this week but if anyone is down for some matches or koth let me know! Disclaimer: Tonight I'm a WiFi pleb lol. Don't think less of me, Luce. :(

Do you have release check on? Make sure it's off. Other than that just be sure you're doing it quickly and as precise as possible.

Thanks. You're right, I really need to do the motion for her kiss of death really fast. It's hard, but if I keep practicing I should be able to get the hang of it.

Marvel

could never
Yeah this is one of the things I like about fighting games, that need or discovery of character knowledge.

I'm going to keep roaming the roster and learn some more, plenty of others I haven't tried yet. But Cheetah is my best and who has clicked 100% look forward to returning to her when I'm done.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying out Cheetah/Vixen/Cheetara/whatever and I can't for the life of me special cancel into that hook kick thing. I can't even pull it off 100% from standing. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Fat fingers, maybe? 🤔

Any tips or is just a case of practicing? She always seems to go into her air combo off of 112. I've turned the assistance options and it still happens.

She's the best, she immediately clicked with me even in the beta.

After only playing as Darkseid, she's been a breath of fresh air. I'm trying out Catwoman, Cheetah, Robin and her to see which I get on with best, and she's at the top so far.

Might have to try Batman too.

Top Bottom