• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon game to be featured in CoroCoro next month

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurntPork

Banned
Via http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

In The Games Department
New Game Reveal Next Month

The new CoroCoro issue, released this week, has announced that a brand new Pokémon game is to be revealed. However, unlike people expect, this reveal isn't coming at Jump Festa but is in fact coming in the issue of CoroCoro next month, due out on January 14th 2012 in what they call a world first shocking announcement. It's currently unknown what game will be revealed, whether it will be main series or not but we'll provide information a few days before CoroCoro's release. Be sure to watch the site in case it comes early

Keep in mind that there have been cases when a Pokemon game to be announced in CoroCoro was revealed somewhere else first, so this might be the same game as whatever is announced at Jump Festa (assuming TPC announces a game there at all).

Let the speculation continue!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It's Coro Coro, where big Pokemon news happen.
So, it's Grey time, I think.

EDIT: So, official announcement at Jump Festa in 3 days and then first details on Coro Coro in January.

BurntPork

Banned
This would be an unusual time to announce a mainline Pokemon, though. They're usually announced in spring, released in Japan in fall of the same year, and released in the west in the following spring. Either this isn't mainline (Mystery Dungeon, most likely), or they want this out for the holiday season in the west.

Ragus

Banned
Mainline/Trading Card Game/Even fucking Pinball

T130354734824af133667ccce4c9a87bd1716cc986b29.gif

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This would be an unusual time to announce a mainline Pokemon, though. They're usually announced in spring, released in Japan in fall of the same year, and released in the west in the following spring. Either this isn't mainline (Mystery Dungeon, most likely), or they want this out for the holiday season in the west.

While the 3DS is flying off shelves in Japan, it's still doing fairly moderately in the West.

I could see them wanting a Pokemon out sooner than later, since it's an especially potent brand in the region.

GCX

I think there's a high possibility it's Grey. While 3DS is having a great holiday, they need to build on that success and Pokemon would fit nicely.

Boken

Banned
Would Kill for: Pokemon TCG (with online)
Would have a one night stand with: Pokemon Snap
Would probably be: Pokemon Grey

18-Volt

Pokémon Puzzle League 3: Only Game Ash Himself Appears
Pokémon Trozei 3D: More and More Pokémon Heads!
PokéPark 3: Keldeo and His Friends
Hey You! Pikachu Family: Including Newcomer Emolga!
Pokémon Ranch Unova Edition
Pokémon Channel 2: With Your Host Snivy

Hoenn is my least favorite region but if the remake is on the same level as Heart Gold I could see a redemption scenario.

Pretty sure it is the Unova version 3 game and will be out this summer in Japan.

HGSS only really served to highlight the flaws in the original Gold and Silver; I don't see a remake of RS being too kind to the problems those games had unless they change a couple of things.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
wouldn't be crazy enough to make it 3DS only would they? Although it'd hopefully look a lot nicer, it'd mean my kids pestering me for 3DSes for christmas.

Gravijah

wouldn't be crazy enough to make it 3DS only would they? Although it'd hopefully look a lot nicer, it'd mean my kids pestering me for 3DSes for christmas.

they would be crazy to release it as a ds game. it's likely to come out summer or fall 2012 in japan, and that's a year and a half after the 3ds came out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
HGSS only really served to highlight the flaws in the original Gold and Silver; I don't see a remake of RS being too kind to the problems those games had unless they change a couple of things.

Disagree. HG/SS fixed that gen for me. It used to be my least favorite, now 3rd is.

I wish they'd put a Ranch/Park type thing out where you basically move all your pokes from B/W/G and keep them for whatever comes next. Kind of a little "Off-Season" manager. It can be on 3DS or Wii. I thought that's what Pokemon Ranch would be, but then you could only move them back to Gen IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom