• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope Dems win at least one House seat over the next 3 odd special elections that will happen.

I think it's super important for Ossoff to win. Or at the least, I'll be disappointed if he doesn't, even though it's a toss up. A for effort is nice for a while but you need tangible results to put the fear of god in the GOP.

Dierce

My fear is that we are now heading into territory where the investigation team either takes too long to gather conclusive evidence and were it any other administration in US history orange trash would feel shame and resign. We all know orange bigot will never resign.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
How on earth will Fox News cover Trump's impeachment?

In all seriousness, if it actually happens they will pretend it's all a liberal delusion until literally the very last second when they will then flip and pretend they were critical of Trump all along while highlighting one-off statements from their cast of morons as well as Shep Smith and Chris Wallace who actually have a brain in their heads.

Which is what the rest of the GOP will do, by the way. You guys think you're frustrated now? Wait for 10-15 years from now when every Republican claims they always knew Trump was a bad guy.

How on earth will Fox News cover Trump's impeachment?
Congress is once again thumbing the nose of Americans where they're wasting taxpayer money to impeach President Trump. Where was the impeachment process for Obama's Solyndra scandal, Fast & Furious scandal, IRS scandal? Why wasnt Hillary in prison for giving our secrets away?

My fear is that we are now heading into territory where the investigation team either takes too long to gather conclusive evidence and were it any other administration in US history orange trash would feel shame and resign. We all know orange bigot will never resign.

Well the only protection he has at the moment is the mere fact he is President. He'll try to hold onto it as long as possible.

In all seriousness, if it actually happens they will pretend it's all a liberal delusion until literally the very last second when they will then flip and pretend they were critical of Trump all along while highlighting one-off statements from their cast of morons as well as Shep Smith and Chris Wallace who actually have a brain in their heads.

Which is what the rest of the GOP will do, by the way. You guys think you're frustrated now? Wait for 10-15 years from now when every Republican claims they always knew Trump was a bad guy.

Clearly we need to start screenshoting and saving videos on all our phones of every Republican ever for the biggest "ORLY?" in history.

Donny TwoScoops will resign once he hears the word of subpoena going out to IRS for his entire tax history. It will be something like:

3pm, WaPo: President Trump resigns
4pm, NYT: Mueller subpoenas IRS for Trump tax records

Slacker

I honestly think the pee pee tape dropping would actually help Trump as this point. Would distract from the actual horrible issues.

Also this guy was trying to text his cousin but accidentally texted a former Congressman:

DANd_V-V0AAsr2S.jpg

kess

I'm not hearing much from Republicans right now.

The White House actually confirming the "nut job" quotes feels like the jig is finally up.

Gotta be Kushner at the center of the investigation. He pushed for the Comey firing, and was pissed when his family couldn't get richer selling visas to China for 500k each. Man I can't WAIT to see how Trump reacts when his beloved Jared goes down.

Unless that was the plan all along to get Ivanka all to himself.

If it is and he goes down, expect everyone to suddenly remember/discover/care that Kushner was a Democrat before Trump ran.

I'm actually suprised he went through with this whole trip. Would've thought he cancels it

The trip is the reset.

Administration hopes that the trip goes through without any issues, he gives some well received speech, talks up America everywhere, gets positive press - "Oh look, Trump gave a ok speech" and allows them to go past Russia and Comey.

chadskin

Did Rod Rosenstein let it slip that he may have been witness to a crime?
I was struck by this exchange between reporters and Congressman Jim Himes, who sat in on a briefing Rosenstein provided to the full House of Representatives today. Himes, according to The Washington Post, “recalled the ‘dissonant moment’ when Rosenstein refused to say ‘who had asked him, if anyone had asked him to write his memorandum.’”

“He said, ‘That is [Special Counsel] Bob Mueller’s purview,’ and that was puzzling to a lot of us,” said Himes, a member of the House Intelligence Committee.
It strikes me as fairly revelatory that the question of who was involved in laying the pretext for firing Comey is now a matter for the special counsel to examine.

Rosenstein’s representations here read like a tacit admission that, in the wind-up to the firing, he may have been witness to a crime—the obstruction of justice, perhaps.

Xando

The trip is the reset.

Administration hopes that the trip goes through without any issues, he gives some well received speech, talks up America everywhere, gets positive press - "Oh look, Trump gave a ok speech" and allows them to go past Russia and Comey.

Makes sense but everything currently blowing up while he's away for a week will only make everything worse. At this point i can't see him not having any major fuckups during this trip.

The trip is the reset.

Well, that's definitely not going to turn out how they hope.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Is the mcclatchy story a remix of the WaPo story with slightly different info? Like is the coverup person the same as the "senior advisor" under investigation or is this two separate things perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom