• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV update April 27- Pro features, new weapons, hunt ranking systems

Tagg9

Yep, patch 1.09 is downloading for me on PS4. If no one beats me to it, I'll let you know how it performs on Pro.

Tagg9

Disclaimer: I am not very sensitive to framepacing.

As of patch 1.09 on Pro - It's now locked at 30fps, and the framepacing seems a lot better to my eyes (even in comparison to the initial release, which already had the 30fps lock). There's still something going on with dropped frames, but this is as smooth as it's ever been. The resolution seems to be the same as High, but I can't confirm this.

C-YjJTWXsAEq_Ma.jpg

As of patch 1.09 on Pro - It's now locked at 30fps, and the framepacing seems a lot better to my eyes (even in comparison to the initial release, which already had the 30fps lock). There's still something going on with dropped frames, but this is as smooth as it's ever been.

Default and steady huh

NeoBob688

As of patch 1.09 on Pro - It's now locked at 30fps, and the framepacing seems a lot better to my eyes (even in comparison to the initial release, which already had the 30fps lock). There's still something going on with dropped frames, but this is as smooth as it's ever been.

But is steady mode IQ like High or Lite mode?

It says the following:

High: optimize res
Life: optimize fps aka uncalled
Steady: optimize performance

Terra battle and ep gladio music on the playlist

ZeoVGM

Banned
I think thats one of the reasons steady mode is there. If you care most about graphics, go high, if you like the most frames possible, go lite, if you want the most consistent framerate go steady.

The issue I have is that they should be able to fix the frame pacing issue in high mode.

Finally.

Now people can finally shut up about the frame pacing. I mean I know the flood of complaints is what got them to fix it, but they were seriously getting more annoying than the actual issue.

ReitStuff

Sorry if I'm missing something, but I don't really understand what the point is of the Steady mode if it really is just 1080p, 30fps. What's the difference between that and just forcing your PS4 Pro to only output at 1080p?

xion4360

Sorry if I'm missing something, but I don't really understand what the point is of the Steady mode if it really is just 1080p, 30fps. What's the difference between that and just forcing your PS4 Pro to only output at 1080p?

no framepacing issue.

Seems really odd that adding an entire other mode was easier than fixing the pacing issue. At least there's some solution, even if it isn't ideal.

its just re-implementing the 30fps lock, doesnt really require optimization work.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Seems really odd that adding an entire other mode was easier than fixing the pacing issue. At least there's some solution, even if it isn't ideal.

farisr

It's not odd at all when you consider this mode was actually in the first pro patch. They are basically adding a mode that existed (and was taken out by a later patch) back in, rather than optimizing or creating a brand new mode.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It's not odd at all seeing as this mode was actually in the first pro patch. They are basically adding a mode that existed back in rather than optimizing or creating a brand new mode.

Oh yeah, you're right. I'm dumb and wasn't thinking. It's even the mode I played through the game in too.

farisr

But it's only 1080p...I thought the frame pacing issue was on the 1800p mode?
Forcing 1080p before this patch would either downscale the high mode to 1080p with the frame pacing issues in tact if you had that selected, or give you the unlocked framerate mode if you had lite modet selected. The original 1080p lite mode with the steady 30fps was replaced by the unlock fps lite mode. So there was no 1080p 30fps w/ no framepacing issues option anymore. This one is basically adding it back in as an option.

Arkeband

Banned
I find it difficult to believe that they'd fix framepacing on one 30FPS locked mode and not another, it's a problem with the engine itself, exacerbated by the PS4 architecture.

Gitaroo

Basically they brought back something they removed. Some people should be happy, until they fix the frame pacing for high quality mode this is another useless update (tech wise).

xion4360

I dont get why when you play as gladio in his episode or chapter 13...his hair loses animation, gets stiff... this kind of thing probably only bothers me, but really? why.

ViciousDS

Banned
didn't they patch lite mode a few back to be unlocked frame rate and removed the original lite mode?

So they didn't add anything at all.

Steady is the original lite mode then, correct?

Did they fix the slow mo each time one of your allies goes on danger mode?

It's jarring when playing at levels.

Can i switch mp3 while riding chocobos
If i have no hud?

Tagg9

What a waste of a patch, I was expecting a fix for the frame pacing issues. Disappointed.

You had unfair expectations then. The game has been out for almost 6 months now. If they could have solved the framepacing issues that easily, it would have been done long before now.

Yeah, from what I can tell: steady mode seems to be the old light mode. They just put the cap in place again. The other modes remain untouched.

But I hope DF can confirm that. Honestly, I did not expect anything. But atleast they fixed their own mistake removing the cap from the lite mode weeks ago.

So if you liked the old lite mode, go for steady now and atleast the majority of gameplay has no framepacing issues anymore. And even this mode is not flawless. Frame pacing issues still occur, just way less in comparison.

Still on chapter 4, bought it on release but stoped
And have been waiting on a ptch that fixes fps and high mode. This is taking long.

Top Bottom