• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(02-24-2012, 03:38 AM)
Kisame was one of my favorites since he first showed up. Kinda sad. Paper Flower Girl is cool too, but Madara is going to wax that ass I'm assuming. Hope she gets away with her life...that's all I ask :^(

Also, I was thinking that little kid Kisame was speaking to was Zabuza at first...
Combine
Banned
(02-24-2012, 03:40 AM)

Originally Posted by abstract alien

Also, I was thinking that little kid Kisame was speaking to was Zabuza at first...

While not confirmed, it is likely that little kid was the Mizukage that Zabuza tried to kill (since he, or rather, Tobi, were the ones responsible for the "Bloody Mist" village rep before the current lady Mizukage took over). Funny how in that regard, Zabuza turned out to be a good guy through and through.
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(02-24-2012, 04:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Combine

While not confirmed, it is likely that little kid was the Mizukage that Zabuza tried to kill (since he, or rather, Tobi, were the ones responsible for the "Bloody Mist" village rep before the current lady Mizukage took over). Funny how in that regard, Zabuza turned out to be a good guy through and through.

I really enjoy how the stories tie together as a whole in here. So many deaths have happened to good characters, and I'm starting to realize there are probably more to come. The tension is building...

Shouts out to Zabuza. The Mist folks really do go out like straight soldiers...
Relix
he's Virgin Tight™
(02-24-2012, 04:55 AM)
Watched up to 249...

God damn those last episodes were amazing. Fucking win.
Combine
Banned
(02-24-2012, 04:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Relix

Watched up to 249...

God damn those last episodes were amazing. Fucking win.

Sorry to say, the next episode, is not win
PeakPointMatrix
(02-24-2012, 11:48 PM)
While this isn't relevant to Shippuden, I had a question about part one:

What is the music that plays here during Sasuke's first fight with Orochimaru?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...o3dqVBQ#t=255s

I was only able to find this small snippet of it. I can't seem to locate the full song in the OST though, any help?
Tathanen
Get Inside Her!
(02-24-2012, 11:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Desmond

Holy Shit, found some footage from the new Naruto game. Pierrot animated the Hashirama/Madara fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUnUC...ayer_embedded#!

Oh baby

I'm not sure what this is, so I'm not watching it yet. Is it a scene from the manga fleshed out with filler into a full fight? Is it a straight manga adaptation? Either way, is it from content the anime hasn't covered yet? I'm anime-only, so I don't want to spoil anything.
Dedication Through Light
(02-25-2012, 12:05 AM)
I think its something game only since the game has some footage of stuff that was animated just for the game. The game includes nothing past the anime.
Desmond
(02-25-2012, 12:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Tathanen

I'm not sure what this is, so I'm not watching it yet. Is it a scene from the manga fleshed out with filler into a full fight? Is it a straight manga adaptation? Either way, is it from content the anime hasn't covered yet? I'm anime-only, so I don't want to spoil anything.

It's filler.

Remember when Tobi was explaining the Senju/Uchiha clans to Sasuke?
SuperAndroid17
(02-25-2012, 12:10 AM)
SuperAndroid17
(02-25-2012, 12:11 AM)
^ to the madara/senju fight

Damn thats crazy... really puts shit in perspective on how strong the 1st hokage really was. Madara controlling space and time jutsu was cool too.
_Isaac
(02-25-2012, 07:01 AM)
I have to say this past episode was disappointing. The flashbacks were underwhelming. We didn't learn much of anything about Kisame. Just that one mission that wasn't all that important and that little conversation when Madara recruits him. I kinda wanted to know WHY HE LOOKS LIKE A SHARK? I was also hoping it would go into his time in that one sword club. I also have to say the way he went out was really lame. All the other Akatsuki members went out in much better fashion.
tri_willy
(02-25-2012, 07:02 AM)
is it me or did they change itachi's voice actor in the latest naruto ep
Desmond
(02-25-2012, 11:32 AM)

Originally Posted by tri_willy

is it me or did they change itachi's voice actor in the latest naruto ep

It was the same guy, he just sounded a bit different.
storafötter
(02-25-2012, 11:40 AM)

Originally Posted by _Isaac

I have to say this past episode was disappointing. The flashbacks were underwhelming. We didn't learn much of anything about Kisame. Just that one mission that wasn't all that important and that little conversation when Madara recruits him. I kinda wanted to know WHY HE LOOKS LIKE A SHARK? I was also hoping it would go into his time in that one sword club. I also have to say the way he went out was really lame. All the other Akatsuki members went out in much better fashion.

I agree, I was thinking in the same lines that they would describe his origins or childhood at least. It was just boring to look at his mission where he does some lazy swipes. Quite an anti-climatic way of ending Kisame who I found more interesting as a villain than the rest of Akatsuki..
MatthewB92
(02-25-2012, 12:32 PM)

Much much better episode than last weeks. Great way to send of Kisame.

Full schedule for March has been released:

Next episode looks to be great with Hiroyuki Yamashita directing once again. Preview: http://youtu.be/2kAq6UHW6Qo

Is "The Bridge to Peace" an 2 part episode or will "The Artist Returns"?
Desmond
(02-25-2012, 02:08 PM)

Originally Posted by SuperAndroid17

^ to the madara/senju fight

Damn thats crazy... really puts shit in perspective on how strong the 1st hokage really was. Madara controlling space and time jutsu was cool too.

Full version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRW2X...eature=channel
Tritroid
(03-01-2012, 03:58 PM)
Ok, this last episode with Konan had some seriously awesome animation. Here's hoping they keep up the pace for part 2.
Desmond
(03-01-2012, 06:15 PM)
Flashbacks everywhere, though the filler parts of them were great.

That Rock Lee omake was great. Getting ready for Springtime of Youth

Pein
Banned
(03-01-2012, 06:18 PM)
The parts that weren't flashbacks were just gorgeous, rain village is such a great setting I hate that we won't be seeing more of it. I hope the animation is just as great as this episode was.
Desmond
(03-01-2012, 06:33 PM)
Omake clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4sCjul41es
MatthewB92
(03-01-2012, 06:40 PM)
0_0 that last shot!
Combine
Banned
(03-01-2012, 08:14 PM)
While there wasn't much action. The character animation and setting of Amegakure was top-notch as expected of Hiroyuki Yamashita (he actually might have animated most of the episode himself).

Special props to Yamashita for doing an amazing job animating Konan's paper effects:

Oh, and creepy Kabuto being creepy:

Dedication Through Light
(03-01-2012, 08:46 PM)
Havent seen the episode yet but it looks kind of good, like this.
SuperAndroid17
(03-01-2012, 09:00 PM)
badly paced episode... so many flashbacks.

Great animation though
Majine
(03-01-2012, 09:06 PM)
After seeing 253s title, I take it they are just gonna roll into the War Arc? No stopgap filler arcs?
Dedication Through Light
(03-01-2012, 09:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Majine

After seeing 253s title, I take it they are just gonna roll into the War Arc? No stopgap filler arcs?

Why would we get a set of filler episodes, we were just on tons of filler episodes for the past two seasons, my creys if it takes them the same amount of time to "get off" the island.
Maffis
(03-02-2012, 01:31 AM)
so, basically, 30% of the whole episode of was neither intro, outro, preview and flashbacks... Pretty disappointing episode, though the animation was great.
Diablos54
(03-02-2012, 01:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Majine

The first half of the War Arc is pretty much filler anyway.
Dedication Through Light
(03-02-2012, 02:35 AM)
I liked the structure of the episode, Kabuto cool, and the flashback involved Naruto which was nice.

But stunning fight and nice place to end it. Interesting how they did the preview.
Relix
he's Virgin Tight™
(03-02-2012, 03:46 AM)
Hope the quality keeps this way for the War Arc. So good.
_Isaac
(03-02-2012, 05:58 AM)
Well this was a lovely eight minute episode. >_>
Conrad Link
(03-02-2012, 01:49 PM)
Yea the new bits had me excited, but they felt really thin and choppy while she had to explain everything we'd already seen to him, I was just like coooome onnn wanting it back to the excitement lol..... but then dat ending, Madara taking her lightly and getting pwned, now shes like papering the whole ocean or something!

I think once we've seen next weeks too we'll appreciate the bits of this one too as a whole thing combined.

Naruto is gonna be the only long time Anime I've been watching since day 1 left without Bleach soon, I shall miss it. :(
Combine
Banned
(03-05-2012, 10:36 PM)

Originally Posted by Conrad Link

Yea the new bits had me excited, but they felt really thin and choppy while she had to explain everything we'd already seen to him, I was just like coooome onnn wanting it back to the excitement lol..... but then dat ending, Madara taking her lightly and getting pwned, now shes like papering the whole ocean or something!

I think once we've seen next weeks too we'll appreciate the bits of this one too as a whole thing combined.

Tobi has a knack for underestimating his opponents and getting owned it seems (ala Minato), though it's easy to underestimate Konan since she was always in Pain's shadow (and seemed easily immobilized by Jiraiya), despite being one of the Akatsuki Founders.

I do agree that this episode combined with next episode together will make the whole segment much more appreciated. Next episode shouldn't need great animation (except at the beginning), but good art and more importantly good direction/pacing (and music too).
Phoenician_Viking
Banned
(03-05-2012, 10:39 PM)

Originally Posted by SuperAndroid17

badly paced episode... so many flashbacks.

I fucking hate when this happens. It totally kills the pace of the anime/fights.
Dedication Through Light
(03-08-2012, 02:46 PM)
Well time to collect Kyubi, nice backstory for Konan and co, I liked it.
Jo Shishido's Cheeks
(03-08-2012, 06:59 PM)
So I'm about to hit episode 222 and as far as I understand it another filler period begins from 223-onwards. Which episode resumes the manga?
Dedication Through Light
(03-08-2012, 07:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Jo Shishido's Cheeks

So I'm about to hit episode 222 and as far as I understand it another filler period begins from 223-onwards. Which episode resumes the manga?

Desmond
(03-08-2012, 08:25 PM)
The art went from crap to great at different parts. Tobi's new mask reveal looked like crap in the anime. :(
Desmond
(03-08-2012, 08:31 PM)
Supposedly we are getting a 4 week filler (recap?), to celebrate the Anime's 10th anniversary in April.
Jo Shishido's Cheeks
(03-08-2012, 09:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Dedication Through Light

Many thanks Mr. Cool Avatar!
HammerOfThor
(03-08-2012, 10:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Desmond

Supposedly we are getting a 4 week filler (recap?), to celebrate the Anime's 10th anniversary in April.

Damn!

It's been 10 years??

I've been watching this since I was 13???!?!?!

Haha this is the only anime that I havent out grown/gotten tired of for some reason, maybe just force of habit. Other than Gundam.
Combine
Banned
(03-09-2012, 08:32 PM)
I actually thought that this episode was much better than the previous one, even though that had the better animators (now I wish they had switched and Hiroyuki Yamashita had done this episode instead), because in retrospect nothing really happened in the last episode. Worst part was the frog dress-up flashback, which was bad in the manga too, really odd place to try and inject humor at the moment of Konan's death.

Tobi's new mask and outfit are awesome though.

But the beginning was just pure epic with the new music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Oa31PHc7xk
Desmond
(03-09-2012, 08:40 PM)

I actually thought that this episode was much better than the previous one, even though that had the better animators (now I wish they had switched and Hiroyuki Yamashita had done this episode instead), because in retrospect nothing really happened in the last episode. Worst part was the frog dress-up flashback, which was bad in the manga too, really odd place to try and inject humor at the moment of Konan's death.

Tobi's new mask and outfit are awesome though.

But the beginning was just pure epic with the new music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Oa31PHc7xk

Looked better in the manga

The eyeholes looked like painted on dots.
Combine
Banned
(03-09-2012, 08:42 PM)
Meh, that's not really something I'd nitpick about. I actually found the smaller holes looked better. The larger holes looked off to me:
_Isaac
(03-10-2012, 06:03 AM)
Oh wow. That looks like crap.
Dedication Through Light
(03-15-2012, 02:15 PM)

I guess they had to incorporate some filler plot to comprise our time on the island. Otherwise nice to see advancement on the Kabuto Tobi front. Great having Deidara back, best antagonist akatsuki
Desmond
(03-15-2012, 09:17 PM)
Cheeky Pierrot added filler.
Combine
Banned
(03-15-2012, 09:17 PM)
A Ninja Ostrich?

....ok
Dedication Through Light
(03-15-2012, 09:19 PM)

A Ninja Ostrich?

....ok

Has that Ostrich been in Shippuden before? Ive skipped around a bit, and at least in the first 103 episodes, and Pain arc, I dont ever remember seeing it come up.