• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Combine
Banned
(03-15-2012, 09:23 PM)
I'd imagine it was in one of the filler arcs I completely skipped over.
Mr. Fix
Member
(03-15-2012, 09:43 PM)
Mr. Fix's Avatar

Originally Posted by Combine

Meh, that's not really something I'd nitpick about. I actually found the smaller holes looked better. The larger holes looked off to me:

What the hell is this? I hope they fix this soon.
LordAlu
Member
(03-15-2012, 09:46 PM)
LordAlu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dedication Through Light

Has that Ostrich been in Shippuden before? Ive skipped around a bit, and at least in the first 103 episodes, and Pain arc, I dont ever remember seeing it come up.

He's from a filler arc in Shippuden where it was going through random missions they did pre-time skip. The episode was around 175-185?? I guess they put it in there just to make the episode a bit longer?
Desmond
Member
(03-15-2012, 09:47 PM)
Desmond's Avatar

Originally Posted by Combine

A Ninja Ostrich?


....ok

He's the legendary Condor. He's appeared before.
Dedication Through Light
Member
(03-15-2012, 10:36 PM)
Dedication Through Light's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordAlu

He's from a filler arc in Shippuden where it was going through random missions they did pre-time skip. The episode was around 175-185?? I guess they put it in there just to make the episode a bit longer?

Ah the episodes I havent seen yet
_Isaac
Member
(03-15-2012, 10:42 PM)
_Isaac's Avatar
Wow the animal stuff was torture.
Combine
Banned
(03-15-2012, 11:23 PM)

Originally Posted by _Isaac

Wow the animal stuff was torture.

Yeah, but the rest of it was good. Nice to see Deidara again (and nice to see Pierot colored their eyes dark and gave them the proper colored cloaks)
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(03-16-2012, 11:46 PM)
abstract alien's Avatar
That animal shit has to be filler. It didn't even seem like the same type of material that is used for legit comic relief in Naruto. The rest was indeed good though.
Majine
Member
(03-16-2012, 11:48 PM)
Majine's Avatar

Originally Posted by abstract alien

That animal shit has to be filler. It didn't even seem like the same type of material that is used for legit comic relief in Naruto. The rest was indeed good though.

No, the animals were in the manga. Needless to say that wasn't exactly a highpoint in the series, lol.
Dedication Through Light
Member
(03-16-2012, 11:51 PM)
Dedication Through Light's Avatar

Originally Posted by Majine

No, the animals were in the manga. Needless to say that wasn't exactly a highpoint in the series, lol.

Was the only thing non filler with the animals, the first thirty seconds and then the lining them up in the tunnel?
Combine
Banned
(03-16-2012, 11:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Dedication Through Light

Was the only thing non filler with the animals, the first thirty seconds and then the lining them up in the tunnel?

Probably, I don't recall much of any dialogue involving the animals at all.
Dram
Member
(03-16-2012, 11:56 PM)
The filler was the animals fighting over the girl. I don't think the hippo, penguin and kola were in the manga.
Desmond
Member
(03-16-2012, 11:57 PM)
Desmond's Avatar
Something funny's gonna happen with that Armadillo
Majine
Member
(03-17-2012, 12:21 AM)
Majine's Avatar

Originally Posted by Desmond

Something funny's gonna happen with that Armadillo

Oh yeah. Are they really going to animate "that"?
LordAlu
Member
(03-17-2012, 12:23 AM)
LordAlu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Majine

Oh yeah. Are they really going to animate "that"?

I think they'll just imply it :P
Phoenician_Viking
Banned
(03-17-2012, 12:27 AM)
Phoenician_Viking's Avatar
What a shitty filler episode.
Desmond
Member
(03-17-2012, 01:29 AM)
Desmond's Avatar

Originally Posted by Phoenician_Viking

What a shitty filler episode.

That was a great episode, especially by Pierrot's Standards. It wasn't all filler
Stat Flow
He gonna cry in the car
(03-17-2012, 01:32 AM)
Stat Flow's Avatar

Originally Posted by Diablos54

85% of the War Arc is pretty much filler anyway.

Fixed.
Desmond
Member
(03-17-2012, 01:35 AM)
Desmond's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stat Flow

Fixed.

Boo
Diablos54
Member
(03-17-2012, 01:42 AM)
Diablos54's Avatar

Originally Posted by Desmond

Boo

Boo the man all you want, but you know it to be true! :p

And filler like that really annoys me about Shippuden. There's no need for it...
Phoenician_Viking
Banned
(03-17-2012, 01:45 AM)
Phoenician_Viking's Avatar
Naruto is the best scientist, he will see an armadick/armadildo, and classify it as a male.
Majine
Member
(03-17-2012, 08:59 AM)
Majine's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stat Flow

Fixed.


I wouldn't call it filler, it's just not very interesting (in the start). I don't give a flying fuck about Kankurou..

But if only Tenten got her fair share of the spotlight. I mean, so far she has picked up a fan and passed out from it. Fucking spectacular.
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(03-17-2012, 11:40 PM)
abstract alien's Avatar

Originally Posted by Majine

No, the animals were in the manga. Needless to say that wasn't exactly a highpoint in the series, lol.

Oh wow...if I were in Vegas I would have lost my house with that bet lol
Desmond
Member
(03-18-2012, 02:30 PM)
Desmond's Avatar

Originally Posted by abstract alien

Oh wow...if I were in Vegas I would have lost my house with that bet lol

The Hippo/Penguin etc weren't though. The Armadillo was though it didn't act all kawaii
Dedication Through Light
Member
(03-22-2012, 02:50 PM)
Dedication Through Light's Avatar
Ep 255


Pretty nice episode with Kabuto as cool as ever and Deidara, felt good.

On the preview I see Sasuke, cant wait.
metsallica
Member
(03-22-2012, 09:23 PM)
metsallica's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr. Fix

What the hell is this? I hope they fix this soon.

Better?
Desmond
Member
(03-22-2012, 09:28 PM)
Desmond's Avatar
  • Yamato :(
  • Tobi's masked looked much better.
  • They didn't animate the armadillo's dick
  • Rock Lee omake was brillant again.
Mr. Fix
Member
(03-22-2012, 09:34 PM)
Mr. Fix's Avatar

Originally Posted by metsallica

Better?

Praise the lawd! Hopefully it's consistent, though obviously not always as nice as that. Anime redeemed.
Dedication Through Light
Member
(03-22-2012, 09:47 PM)
Dedication Through Light's Avatar

Originally Posted by Desmond

  • Yamato :(
  • Tobi's masked looked much better.
  • They didn't animate the armadillo's dick
  • Rock Lee omake was brillant again.

I thought it was a girl?!

Yamato will be missed still missed
Mr. Fix
Member
(03-22-2012, 09:52 PM)
Mr. Fix's Avatar
I swore this part in the manga took place in the woods, and the turtle island was right side up.

Edit: Guess not. x.x
Dedication Through Light
Member
(03-22-2012, 09:59 PM)
Dedication Through Light's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr. Fix

I swore this part in the manga took place in the woods, and the turtle island was right side up.

Edit: Guess not. x.x

Yeah that caught me off guard though I usually forget details like that.
Desmond
Member
(03-22-2012, 10:00 PM)
Desmond's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dedication Through Light

I thought it was a girl?!

Yamato will be missed still missed

_Isaac
Member
(03-23-2012, 05:57 AM)
_Isaac's Avatar
"Even Naruto is realizing something's up..."

heh.
Combine
Banned
(03-23-2012, 07:55 AM)
Looks like we are back to filler in April:

April 5: 257. Four Week Long Special Project For the Broadcast's Tenth Anniversary: "Meeting"

April 12: 258. Four Week Long Special Project For the Broadcast's Tenth Anniversary: "Rivals"

April 19: 259. Four Week Long Special Project For the Broadcast's Tenth Anniversary: "Cracks"

April 26: 260. Four Week Long Special Project For the Broadcast's Tenth Anniversary: "Schism"

A 10th anniversary special. From what has been rumored, probably a re-telling/re-drawn take on Naruto and Sasuke's friendship from Part 1.

Fine by me though, since the movie production will start soon and they'll probably take a lot of resources since it's a special movie being written by Kishi himself for the 10th.
Dedication Through Light
Member
(03-23-2012, 01:03 PM)
Dedication Through Light's Avatar
Well as long as it is naruto and sasuke then I dont mind it at all, hopefully it means they will continue to do the war afterwards straightway and epically. Really cool fights I want to see.
Combine
Banned
(03-23-2012, 08:20 PM)
I was re-reading the beginning of the next arc, and it reminded me how dull it was. I suppose the anime could make it more exciting, but I'd rather they waited for the second half of it before committing the best animators to it.
hydragonwarrior
Member
(03-26-2012, 07:23 AM)
Just catching up and and made it to Episode 247 - but fuck, even after 10 years, I have to say it:

Naruto (non-filler) is AWESOME.

That is all :)
eosos
Banned
(03-26-2012, 07:40 AM)
eosos's Avatar
Last episode was pretty good. Wish they would have let naruto out so that we could see his new moves and shit.
Unknown One
F'n LOVES Jonas Brothers
(03-26-2012, 01:21 PM)
Unknown One's Avatar
Back to filler already? *facepalm*

Naruto is seriously half fillers.
Stat Flow
He gonna cry in the car
(03-26-2012, 01:26 PM)
Stat Flow's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crakatak187

Naruto is seriously half fillers.

The other half is more filler.
Dedication Through Light
Member
(03-26-2012, 02:05 PM)
Dedication Through Light's Avatar
The fillers arent that bad, though in comparison to the other anime, they just arent memorable, no Naruto filler compares with Bleachs Materialized Zanpaktou, I like getting development on the ninja world as well as more time with Naruto.

Cant think of what else theyd do for the anniversary or so though, unless they will be lazy and make them all clip shows !!!
Maffis
Member
(03-26-2012, 02:30 PM)
Maffis's Avatar
bleach's fillers have pretty bad stories to them, but at least come with awesome fight scenes.

naruto fillers are just bad on both fronts. i seriously hope they do a naruto kai version when the manga is done.
HammerOfThor
Member
(03-26-2012, 04:39 PM)
HammerOfThor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Maffis

bleach's fillers have pretty bad stories to them, but at least come with awesome fight scenes.

naruto fillers are just bad on both fronts. i seriously hope they do a naruto kai version when the manga is done.

The was I've been watching Naruto it's always been Kai. The cool thing about most of Naruto is that at least fillers are episodes, instead of 5-ep cannon fights.
Desmond
Member
(03-26-2012, 08:03 PM)
Desmond's Avatar
It's more a recap for the tenth anniversary than anything.


Calm down
Starwolf_UK
Member
(03-26-2012, 10:38 PM)
Starwolf_UK's Avatar
The re-cap should be re-drawn...even if the storyboard is the same. Naruto Kai: sample edition...

Did I just jinx it?

Originally Posted by eosos

Last episode was pretty good. Wish they would have let naruto out so that we could see his new moves and shit.

He must have caught that Shounen protagonist disease* from somewhere (or maybe it happens once their battle power exceeds a certain figure)...that is give the character a buff then get them out of the picture so they can't save the day meaning other characters get screentime.

At least; I'm doing an important mission is better than "my foot is stuck".

*-Otherwise known as sloppy writing or lack of planning (which can be hard to do when you're in the moment or you have editors barking suggestions at you). When you see characters do stupid things (sometimes out of character) to advance the plot for the sake of it such as most things Vegeta ever did or "lets open the scroll" (even the intel guys recommend doing that and they're the first people that should know better...there were more amusing way to handle it given how Naruto and Killer Bee are not the sharpest tools maybe something involving them opening it by accident)
Echoplx
Member
(03-28-2012, 08:02 PM)
Quick question for the manga readers out there, do you think it dampens your enjoyment of the anime by reading the manga? I'm really tempted to start reading it now but I'm not sure how I'll feel about it (I've never read a manga before and I think in general the anime medium adds a lot of value to help with setting/characters and I'm a big fan of the music and stuff like that)

Might do a little test, read the chapter that the anime is currently up to then watch the episode when it airs..

I don't mean to start a war here between the two :P
Dedication Through Light
Member
(03-28-2012, 08:25 PM)
Dedication Through Light's Avatar
I like the anime better, well for most series. 20 pages always makes every event feel too fast, and well when an anime actually is covering all the canon material, I like to get the full experience, through the sound and drama and visuals. Most characters look better animated for Naruto character models and the attacks crisp clean and nice. Sure knowing the plot is nice, but I have better ability to retain the plot in the anime then the manga even though I already read these associated chapters a long time ago, details get forgotten.
_Isaac
Member
(03-29-2012, 03:23 AM)
_Isaac's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dedication Through Light

I like the anime better, well for most series. 20 pages always makes every event feel too fast, and well when an anime actually is covering all the canon material, I like to get the full experience, through the sound and drama and visuals. Most characters look better animated for Naruto character models and the attacks crisp clean and nice. Sure knowing the plot is nice, but I have better ability to retain the plot in the anime then the manga even though I already read these associated chapters a long time ago, details get forgotten.

I agree with most of this. I read a bit of the manga some time ago, and it really did feel a bit too fast. That's funny too because I'm constantly annoyed by how slow the anime does things. The manga just made some things seem unimportant. Now I just stick to the anime. When I was a fifty episodes or so behind a year ago I would just skip some episodes and read the manga versions. I did this when Sasuke was recruiting his team members for example.
Squall ASF
Member
(03-29-2012, 03:34 AM)
Squall ASF's Avatar

Originally Posted by 3chopl0x

Quick question for the manga readers out there, do you think it dampens your enjoyment of the anime by reading the manga? I'm really tempted to start reading it now but I'm not sure how I'll feel about it (I've never read a manga before and I think in general the anime medium adds a lot of value to help with setting/characters and I'm a big fan of the music and stuff like that)

Might do a little test, read the chapter that the anime is currently up to then watch the episode when it airs..

I don't mean to start a war here between the two :P

Doing both is the way to go. Even if you've read the events ahead, looking at still images is no substitute for animated action. When a great battle goes down in manga, you think "man, I can't wait to see that in action and with color". As to why to read the manga, because anime has to resort to shitty filler all the time so it doesn't pass up the source material. I started reading the manga after Naruto 1 ended because the endless seasons of filler got ridiculous and I wanted to know what happened. Who wants to wait months and months to find out what is next? If you don't care enough about the series and can just tune out for a while then I guess it doesn't matter, but if you're even thinking about reading the manga, I say go for it.
Combine
Banned
(03-29-2012, 03:37 AM)

Originally Posted by Squall ASF

Doing both is the way to go. Even if you've read the events ahead, looking at still images is no substitute for animated action.

Indeed. A recent example would be the whole Minato vs. Tobi event which in the manga didn't really grab me much, but in the anime it blew me away. Same with Konan's death.

Thread Tools