• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

SykoTech
(04-05-2012, 02:16 PM)
Finally, a new Opening. Was getting pretty sick of the old one. But I didn't really like the song. The Ending's song was better. However, the animation was good.

Pointless episode though. And judging by the preview, I guess we'll be in recap territory for awhile. Not sure if that's better or worse than original filler.
Dedication Through Light
(04-05-2012, 02:16 PM)
Didnt like the OP song too much, the new ED song and animation was great (didnt need to see Sakura and Hinata in spring/summer dresses though...)

Episode was pretty epic and nostalgic. Sasuke's smirk, Naruto getting agitated over it, and then the "Are you hurt, Scaredy cat" moment was so awesome to see. Part 1 soundtrack is so much better than Shippudens.

What was even the justification for never even telling Naruto who his parents were, made Sarutobi sensei seem kind of bad.

Were scenes also redone, the bell fight looked more epic than I remember.
Unknown One
F'n LOVES Jonas Brothers
(04-06-2012, 11:57 AM)

Originally Posted by SykoTech

Finally, a new Opening. Was getting pretty sick of the old one. But I didn't really like the song. The Ending's song was better. However, the animation was good.

Pointless episode though. And judging by the preview, I guess we'll be in recap territory for awhile. Not sure if that's better or worse than original filler.

Funny how the cannon episode always get into flashback/recap and Naruto also have filler episodes for those as well.
LordAlu
(04-06-2012, 12:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Dedication Through Light

Looked like it to me, wasn't Naruto in 4:3 back then? I enjoyed the episode a lot, and although the OP looks great, the song grates not just my ears but my entire face :S
Desmond
(04-06-2012, 03:15 PM)
What did Combine get banned for?
Conrad Link
(04-08-2012, 06:05 PM)
I still don't really get why the 3rd Hokage couldn't just say "Your parents were awesome as anything, they died saving you from unspeakable danger." It doesn't really give any clues away about anything but would maybe make him feel better.

Instead Naruto gets: "Fuck you, who gives a shit?" *walks away*
Desmond
(04-10-2012, 07:55 PM)
Naruto SD

Holy shit, this is brillant.
Dedication Through Light
(04-17-2012, 04:33 PM)
Naruto SD 3

Really, gags about their underwear? what even. Anyway, the one with Naruto and Lees powered up arms was hilarious.
SuperAndroid17
(04-17-2012, 04:38 PM)
What is naruto SD?
Dedication Through Light
(04-17-2012, 04:58 PM)

Originally Posted by SuperAndroid17

What is naruto SD?

The anime adaptation to the Rock Lee naruto spinoff.
eosos
Banned
(04-21-2012, 06:54 AM)
So is the new episode just filler?
_Isaac
(04-21-2012, 07:34 AM)

Originally Posted by eosos

So is the new episode just filler?

It's a recap filler, so yes.
Mihael Mello Keehl
Banned
(04-21-2012, 07:48 AM)

Didnt like the OP song too much, the new ED song and animation was great (didnt need to see Sakura and Hinata in spring/summer dresses though...)

Episode was pretty epic and nostalgic. Sasuke's smirk, Naruto getting agitated over it, and then the "Are you hurt, Scaredy cat" moment was so awesome to see. Part 1 soundtrack is so much better than Shippudens.

What was even the justification for never even telling Naruto who his parents were, made Sarutobi sensei seem kind of bad.

His "Yo!" face was better lol..
methane47
(04-21-2012, 10:08 AM)

Also hilarious how Naruto still ends up winning when he isnt the main character.

Naruto doesn't win in his own show so i guess it makes sense.
Dedication Through Light
(04-26-2012, 02:58 PM)
We made it to the final week of fillers. Next episode (261) will be awesome. Been waiting so long for the war to be animated.
Echoplx
(04-26-2012, 03:07 PM)
They did a horrible job with this 'retelling'.
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(04-26-2012, 04:47 PM)
Can't wait for next week since I haven't been keeping up with the fillers. Is Rock Lee's show pretty good?
Dedication Through Light
(04-26-2012, 05:01 PM)

Originally Posted by abstract alien

Can't wait for next week since I haven't been keeping up with the fillers. Is Rock Lee's show pretty good?

I guess it depends on if you like his team and seeing Neji in hilarious situations? I think its alright but my main criticism with it is that Naruto is barely around, so well without the franchises namesake or even my other favorite side characters the skits have to be utterly hilarious for me to embrace it.

Definitely check it out, I think its great for naruto fans.
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(04-26-2012, 06:09 PM)

I guess it depends on if you like his team and seeing Neji in hilarious situations? I think its alright but my main criticism with it is that Naruto is barely around, so well without the franchises namesake or even my other favorite side characters the skits have to be utterly hilarious for me to embrace it.

Definitely check it out, I think its great for naruto fans.

Cool, Ill give it a spin. Thanks for the input :^)
Tritroid
(04-26-2012, 06:34 PM)

Originally Posted by 3chopl0x

They did a horrible job with this 'retelling'.

No kidding...this is shit. Animation is god awful.

Why even bother wasting money/time/resources on this? If filler is necessary just create a new branch off story like always. Sure people will still skip it, but there's always the chance for a semi-entertaining side story. This shit no one gives a damn about since the original telling of these scenes were animated better and flowed a lot smoother.

Thank god it's over next week.
Angry Grimace
Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
(04-26-2012, 06:42 PM)
I don't think their animation budget necessarily works the way you might imagine. I think they just spend the money on each episode regardless of whether it's any good or not or whether its shit filler or not.
Khezu
(04-26-2012, 06:53 PM)
I don't understand japanese TV, is there some reason anime can't take a season off, or god forbid show some reruns?

Making a whole bunch of low budget filler episodes that no one likes just seems like a waste to me.
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(04-26-2012, 07:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Khezu

I don't understand japanese TV, is there some reason anime can't take a season off, or god forbid show some reruns?

Making a whole bunch of low budget filler episodes that no one likes just seems like a waste to me.

I wondered the same thing for a very long time.
Dedication Through Light
(04-26-2012, 07:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Khezu

Did they really make these episodes though? I thought it was a nice refresher. I dont mind either way if anime on manga takes a season or so off (like Bakuman and a few others) or does half a year of filler and half of year of canon. As long as its being made (unlike Bleach) then Im happy, heaven forbid when they stop airing...
DanteFox
Banned
(04-27-2012, 03:16 AM)
just saw the latest canon episode. I like how Hidan was missing from the lineup of ressurected akatsuki. :3

Nice touch.
_Isaac
(04-27-2012, 04:37 AM)

Originally Posted by DanteFox

just saw the latest canon episode. I like how Hidan was missing from the lineup of ressurected akatsuki. :3

Nice touch.

He must be extremely bored.
computers putin'
(04-27-2012, 04:56 AM)

Originally Posted by abstract alien

I wondered the same thing for a very long time.

Me too, anybody got an answer?
Skidd
(04-30-2012, 12:00 AM)
Anyone seen Blood Prison yet? How is it?
Dedication Through Light
(04-30-2012, 04:14 AM)
Naruto Shippuden OVA: Naruto v Konohamaru

It was essentially one of the Naruto scenarios I wanted to come true. My two favorite current shinobi of the hidden leaf facing off. Konohamaru is like a more versatile clone of Naruto that just seem them around always leads to great moments, even more the fight was epic with all those clones and rasengans and jutsu konohamaru used
Maffis
(05-03-2012, 02:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Skidd

Thought it was pretty meh. Not bad but not special either.

The story was the usual cliche, and half the movie was the final fight basically. Also other stupid stuff that annoyed me Why did Naruto have weapons on him when he escaped? Wouldn't the guards have seized it when he entered the prison?

Also, the ending Why didn't they destroy the box in the end? Now countless of people are still trapped in there suffering... And what happened there with Muku? Did the monster possess him again and made him kill his father? I don't really understood that part.
Desmond
(05-03-2012, 09:03 PM)
Decent episode. Can't wait for some Sai action next week
Dedication Through Light
(05-04-2012, 03:55 AM)

Excellent episode so nice seeing some of our favorite characters back. Preview for next episode looked epic and Gaara sama was so cool.
Echoplx
(05-04-2012, 06:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Skidd

Worth it for this after credits scene ;)

Wolf Dawgz
(05-06-2012, 04:58 AM)
I just watched the latest Naruto movie blood prison. The timeline with it and the main show makes no sense which is why I view Anime movies in their own vacume. I liked the fighting overall because of sage mode,but the scene where where naruto is stabbed in the chest and is fine enough to jump arounduse a rasenshurkien bugs me
RawkHawk2010
Banned
(05-06-2012, 05:02 AM)
Tailed Beast Bomberman?
neptunes
(05-06-2012, 05:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Wolf Dawgz

This was one of the first games that I owned. I never really beat it because it was too hard when I was a kid. I wonder how I would fare now?

I remember being dissapointed that it wasn't like one of the snes bombermans with multiplayer.

I love the bomberman arc.
Oxigen_Waste
Banned
(05-06-2012, 08:29 PM)
Is 261 still filler or what?
Dedication Through Light
(05-06-2012, 08:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Oxigen_Waste

Is 261 still filler or what?

No, its not filler.
Oxigen_Waste
Banned
(05-06-2012, 08:39 PM)
Lol @ the aryan piss opening... In a sense I miss being 15 and actually being able to enjoy these crappy tunes.
Dedication Through Light
(05-10-2012, 03:50 PM)
Episode 262

Pretty nice episode, took awhile to actually get going but once it did it was worth it. Deidara Sasori ftw. Kaiji is a cool addition, and Omoi has cool swordskills. Do hate how the preview spoils one of the fights conclusion.
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(05-10-2012, 04:24 PM)
That ep was pretty hot! Earth guy surprised me a bit. When I saw his little shallow holes he dug, I was thinking to myself, "Who is this crappy ditch digging no jutsu guy and why was he chosen to go to war?". I'll give him his respect now. My bad dude lol

Episode 262
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3...xf4bo1_500.gif

Pretty nice episode, took awhile to actually get going but once it did it was worth it. Deidara Sasori ftw. Kaiji is a cool addition, and Omoi has cool swordskills. Do hate how the preview spoils one of the fights conclusion.

I never watch the previews in this show. They always spoil something lol
Ifrit
(05-10-2012, 05:04 PM)
New opening is awful
HammerOfThor
(05-10-2012, 05:08 PM)
Do Jiraiya, or Naruto's parents get brought back?

That would be pretty bad-ass, having to have Naruto fight them.
WrenchNinja
(05-10-2012, 05:10 PM)

Originally Posted by HammerOfThor

No.

Jiraiyas body is under water
Minatos soul is with the death god
Kushina is a female in Naruto
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(05-10-2012, 05:17 PM)
I was wondering the same thing. Time for me to bail out before the spoils happen.
Majine
(05-10-2012, 05:26 PM)
I liked the tempo in this episode, tho the Kankuro and Sasori flashback was abit unneccesary.
Dedication Through Light
(05-10-2012, 05:47 PM)

Originally Posted by HammerOfThor

I thought Kabuto addressed this in the episode before the filler when showing the jutsu to Tobi.
Dedication Through Light
(05-17-2012, 11:45 PM)

I didnt really like much of the episode that much. I think Kishimoto really dropped the ball on this fight so anticlimactic with Sasori :( He could have redeemed himself. Oh well theres still Deidara. Sai stuff was boring.
Echoplx
(05-18-2012, 12:38 AM)
Yep the early parts of this arc are pretty lame, it gets much much better though (is that a spoiler?)
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(05-19-2012, 12:45 AM)
I enjoyed it, but I will say this...I'm not so sure how I feel about the whole spirit/soul thing breaking the Reanimation Jutsu. Not the way it was handled anyway. That was just...not good? Yeah, it wasn't good. Not terrible by any means, just mediocre. Everything else was enjoyable for me, but I do agree that it could have been better.